Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Where To Find Remote Python Jobs? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Where To Find Remote Python Jobs? (1182 Views)

Remote Python Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where To Find Remote Python Jobs? by classicdude1(m): 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
Today on LinkedIn, Aditya thakekar asked an important question which was;

Can you kindly guide me how to land a remote Python Job?

It case you don't know what it means to work remotely, it means working somewhere other than in an office.

Here was Cătălin Matei's to the question answer:

Finding a remote job is only part of the battle. You then need to get it, which is hard. You need to convince some strangers that you can deliver what they ask for.

They'll ask you some questions and maybe give you some tests, but the time spent there is lost, you can't reuse that time for the next opportunity.

So while you're searching for the remote job, work on the getting-the-job part too. Find (or start) an open source project related to your interests and contribute to it regularly.

This is what you're going to do for the remote job you're looking for, so it's a good way to show your potential employer that you know how to do it.

And the work done on that project is not lost, you can reuse it for many job applications. And hopefully that work improves that open source project, another good way to make a better world while you're improving your skills too.

Doing a good work on that project could make the remote job you're looking for to come to you;

He continues by saying:

people could approach you instead of you looking for them. That's how Michael Galarnyk gets his job in data science.

Knowing inside out an open source project gives you another revenue opportunity, you can implement / adapt it for some company or charge for support.

I wanted to share the thought I had when I read your post. But to answer your question first thing you can do is to use your favorite search engine to find "remote programming work" sites and use them: make a solid profile, browse the posts, apply to them.

Another way is to find programming communities (forums, slack, discord, reddit, facebook etc) and make yourself useful, build a reputation improving yourself and building a network at the same time.

TL;DR Remote jobs are not laying around somewhere waiting for us to find them, we need to get good at what we do and show it to the world; then the jobs will come to us or at least they'll be easier to get when we find them.

For more reading: Patrick Triest, a full stack engineer in this interview shares tips to succeed as a digital nomad(i.e how to work remotely effectively)

Please, I need more answers.

How can one get remote jobs as a Python programmer?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please What Is The Important Of Php Laraval / Building An Ionic 3 Shopping Cart App With Firebase Realtime Database - Part 4 / I Need Sme Data Resell Script Or Plugin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.