Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy (59923 Views)

Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" / Apostle Suleman Replies Follower Who Begged For Money To Replace Mother's Phone / Paul Enenche Replies Daddy Freeze On Building World Largest Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by seguno2: 2:41am On Nov 11, 2017
Suffernomore:
Trash undecided

.........for LAWMA trash packers grin

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by uzuede4(f): 3:15am On Nov 11, 2017
It is unfortunate that so many people do not read the Bible and thus knows nothing about the tithing arrangement. The tithe was for the Levites and the Priesthood since these have no share in landed properties in Israel. With the death of Jesus Christ and ransom sacrifice, he died once and for all. He is now out high priest interceeding for us in the presence of God in the heavens.

Following his death, the tithing arrangement ceased since there is no room for a human Priest again. (Heb 7:11-28). Now, in place of a tithing arrangement, there is an arrangement for voluntary contribution for christians, which no one is compelled to pay rather out of ones heart condition, one makes a contribution as one is moved to. (2 Cor 9:7).

Thus, holding anyone down to pay tithe is unchristian. Each one should be allowed to contibute as his/her heart moves him, for God loves a cheerful giver.

3 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by baxmaich(m): 3:38am On Nov 11, 2017
thieves.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by pascal558(m): 3:39am On Nov 11, 2017
uboma:
Apostle Suleiman should shut his mouth.

Where are the books written by him whose proceeds he uses to maintain his luxurious lifestyle?

Apostle Suleiman, the Clergyman, who likes to end his love sessions behind.....
And d last time i checked he had one in ur behindSay wat u knw nd stop sounding like a fool in public!
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by pascal558(m): 3:41am On Nov 11, 2017
Slaveman343:
He said rubbish.

Beating around the bush without tackling the salient points. That's how you know someone is not saying the truth.

Did u miss d part where he said he does nt want to get involved if nt for Adeboye?
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by pascal558(m): 3:47am On Nov 11, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:
[/b]

[b]If anyone is not a pastor,he shouldnt criticise a pastor? He should leave everything to God?
Really?
Is that the best the apostle that spends the tithes he receives from his sheeples on heavily endowed actresses can come up with?

Going by his logic,a citizen cannot complain about the politicians at the helm of affairs just because such a citizen is not a politician himself.

Y'all can see how KNOWLEDGABLE your 'MEN OF GOD' are
Many of you just claim to knw bt in reality u all are empty,i pity those who just liked ur post walai...U can complain abt a doctor nt taking good care of a patient bt u cannot teach him his job nd thats what daddy freeze is doing...was tithing a Nigerian doctrine??why dnt he face d colonial master and tell them they are stupid for tithing cos tithing did nt start and wnt end here either
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by pascal558(m): 3:52am On Nov 11, 2017
Bobsky:
So far, I have written 52 books that are inspirational and I’m still writing. If you write books that are inspirational, believers and non-believers will buy.

It is not as if it is only church members that buy pastors’ books.

That alone is enough to sustain any pastor. So, you don’t just jump to criticize any pastor for buying private jets of expensive cars because you think it is tithe that they use to buy them.

GBAO

NEGRO PLEASE!

EVEN JK ROWLING THAT WROTE HARRY POTTER DID NOT BECOME A BILLIONAIRE JUST BECAUSE OF BOOK SALES!

SHE SOLD RIGHTS TO THE MOVIE STUDIOS AND THAT IS WHERE HER MONEY CAME FROM.

OGA PASTORPRENEUR HOW MANY OF YOUR 52 BOOKS HAVE BEEN TURNED INTO NOLLYWOOD MOVIES?
many of these self acclaimed highly knowledgable atheists are actually empty vessels!!How many of pastor chris oyakhilome's books have been used as movies?Do u knw hwmuch rhapsody of reality fetches monthly worldwidePlz stop bn a dolt
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by tk4rd: 3:57am On Nov 11, 2017
1.. Does it mean that it is only the pastors who are supposed to read and comment on the bible.?
2.. Does it mean that it is only the pastors who are commissioned by Jesus to preach the Goodnews to all nations and make disciples of all nations.??

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by pascal558(m): 3:58am On Nov 11, 2017
fumiswtpusytwo:
Most pastors are thieves. Inface 99 percent are criminals.
That is why Islam is the best religion.
I am very proud to be a yoruba muslim and I am enjoying the religion of peace.
ipob do say yoruba muslims are stupid,i never believed until nw!!!Am glad u nt a christian cos [b]sweetpussy??[/B] that sounds like a lost soul and its only the religion of piss that cn accomodate such harlots....you are a disgrace to d yoruba race,freedom of speech should nt make u crazy...pussy?u just disgraced ur parents aswel,nd even ur islam too madam swtpussy
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Nobody: 4:39am On Nov 11, 2017
seguno2:

You obviously don’t read to understand the Bible. Otherwise you would have seen that Jesus Christ attacked the Pharisees, saducees, scribes etc who were pastor equivalent in His days in Israel.
Do you want to belatedly advise Jesus Christ to get a real job

Rather, you need to read the Bible because you got things upside down. Jesus (who was the pastor equivalent in his day) only responded to the religious leaders (who were the self righteous religious critics)) because their 'ministry' was to criticise and try to discredit him (as their tradition was). This sounds like the many who are pastor attackers these days. Need examples?

They asked him:

Why won't his disciples fast?

Why won't they pay taxes?

Why is he healing on the Sabbath day?

Why does he claim to be son of God?

Why won't he and his disciples wash hands before eating? grin

Why is he visiting and eating with sinners and tax collectors?

Maybe you need to go read...
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 11, 2017
Yahweh could not even write a book devoid of confusion and now he has plunged the entire Christians to a Large state of comatose. Because with the Structure of his holy book everybody is right.
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by jacyhelen(f): 5:53am On Nov 11, 2017
Grace is soul lifter and saviour of all Men not wheather you pay tite or not...Mind u,Bill gate,Tom cook and mark zucerbeg are all athiest and very wealthy including dangote,do they get threathened to pay tite??..lol....Pastorship is Never a business!!!!

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by megafone: 6:00am On Nov 11, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
Now they are attending to this guy

Honestly he didn't really attend to the matter. He was just going back and forth

That's his usual but empty style.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 11, 2017
uboma:

Where are the books written by him whose proceeds he uses to maintain his luxurious lifestyle?

closed doors..

..no be me talk am.
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by israelmao(m): 6:18am On Nov 11, 2017
Daddy Freeze are you being forced to pay tithe or has any Pastor ever dipped his hand into your pocket to pay tithe?
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by israelmao(m): 6:22am On Nov 11, 2017
Daddy Freeze are you being forced to pay tithe or has any Pastor ever dipped his hand into your pocket to pay tithe?If no, what's your problem?Have you turned yourself to anti-tithe expert?
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by israelmao(m): 6:44am On Nov 11, 2017
uboma:

Someone just think he can open his mouth and hurl insult on anybody at will,the forty two young men did that to Elisha and the two wild bears came out of the wood and devoured them(2Kings2:24).
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by WackyBoy1445: 7:26am On Nov 11, 2017
I expected that every reply by a Pastor towards this tithing issue should be referenced with the scriptures. Writing sentences just like Freeze wrote means nothing, just leaves the narrative hanging.
If he is in support of it, stand your ground and say it so. I hate the "it works for people" lines.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:28am On Nov 11, 2017
Keneeby:

But daddy Freez has no Christ in him
HOW DO YOU THAT HE HAS NOT CHRIST IN HIM?
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by BluntBoy(m): 7:39am On Nov 11, 2017
pascal558:
Many of you just claim to knw bt in reality u all are empty,i pity those who just liked ur post walai...U can complain abt a doctor nt taking good care of a patient bt u cannot teach him his job nd thats what daddy freeze is doing...was tithing a Nigerian doctrine??why dnt he face d colonial master and tell them they are stupid for tithing cos tithing did nt start and wnt end here either

Your analogy is just as weak as that of Suleman. You need to be a certified doctor after many years of education to practise. Education is key to medicine but not to the Word of God. Many of the disciples of Christ were unlearned men. While education is key to medicine, the Holy Spirit is key to the Word:

But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true--it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ. (1 John 2:27)

Before Christ died, the Holy of Holies, the inner sanctuary of the temple where God dwelt, was only accessible to the high priest. When Christ died, the curtain of the temple tore in two and ended our separation from God. Christ's death made us priests who can now stand in the presence of God without needing a human mediator. The field of medicine is exclusive, but the Word of God is for everyone who believes in the Good News.

Now to the issue of tithe. I am not against tithing devoid of compulsion or threat. But if your pastor preaches that tithing is compulsory and uses the threats in Malachi, he is a fraud. Christ's eternal priesthood has replaced the mortal priesthood of Aaron with his descendents of weak men.

Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well. (Hebrews 7:11-12)

The Levitical priesthood failed to bring us to perfection. Instead, it brought bondage and was laden with curses but the eternal priesthood of Christ brings freedom and perfection. Everything was done once. The sacrifice was once but it is eternal. You don't have to continually sacrifice goats. The sacrifice was once, eternal and profitable. Since the Levitical priesthood has been replaced by the eternal priesthood of Christ, why pay tithes? If the Levites who needed the tithes have been replaced, why continue paying? Why putting yourself under the Law that Christ has liberated you from? Do you know that the Law carries curses and Christ took all those curses away on your behalf?

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole." (Galatians 3:13)

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by NabeelAbu: 7:40am On Nov 11, 2017
If a mad man is given a hoe he would plough towards his direction"What do you expect from Paito Osomo.
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by ayamdayvid(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2017
Am I the only one that realises daddy freeze is not the major pioneer of this movement. There are grounded ministries especially in Lagos that preach against tithing.
So Pastor sir, let's shift our gaze from freeze. Fellow pastors also preach against tithing. Please explain.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by pascal558(m): 8:35am On Nov 11, 2017
[quote author=BluntBoy post=62270593]
bro i dnt have time for stories if nt i 4 write plenty things!!Nw u just dragged d Holy spirit into it,and somewhile ago u wanted scriptural reference to tithing nd u 4gt that d Holyspirit could also reveal things to people,hw do u knw if d holyspirit is the reason tithe is stl bn paid cos frm what i knw Jesus did nt cum to abolish d old testament bt to fulfil it!!!Like suleman said tithe does nt gaurantee heaven so u all can keep ur moni nd run a service without fuel in d generator,in an uncompleted building,with no mic ba3....Am nt a pastor bt have bn close to a pastor in a smal church nd i knw wat they suffer wen they start ....u cnt even attempt it,bt here u are lambasting them when God starts blessing them...Try run a local church if u nr c hell!
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by BluntBoy(m): 8:43am On Nov 11, 2017
[quote author=pascal558 post=62272061][/quote]

Emotions, as usual.

If the Holy Spirit is behind modern tithing, why would your pastors need to emphasize the curses in Malachi which were not even directed at Christians?
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by pascal558(m): 8:48am On Nov 11, 2017
BluntBoy:

Emotions, as usual.

If the Holy Spirit is behind modern tithing, why would your pastors need to emphasize the curses in Malachi which were not even directed at Christians?
Oh nw u knw u are difrnt frm d jews!!Bt i taught i caught u singing father Abraham had many sons.....................i am one of them also are u?what was all dat 4 then?
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by BluntBoy(m): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2017
pascal558:
Oh nw u knw u are difrnt frm d jews!!Bt i taught i caught u singing father Abraham had many sons.....................i am one of them also are u?what was all dat 4 then?

cheesy You are a waste of time.

Let those who have Bible verses come forward, please. Emotions cannot solve this issue. Emotions cannot save misled Christians from the shackles of false teachers.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by lexy2014: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2017
InsideOut247:
@InsideOutBlog

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6236908_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

The President of the Omega Fire Ministries worldwide (OFM), Apostle Johnson Suleman, has lent his voice to the burning issue on tithing stoked by an OAP, Daddy Freeze.

Below is his reaction during a church service;

“Let it be clear that if anyone is not a pastor, he has no right to attack a pastor on church issue. He should leave everything to God. I only laugh. Somebody who is not a doctor cannot teach a certified doctor how to go about doing his job; he will just be laughed at. Someone who is not a journalist can’t teach a true journalist how he should do his work; they will just be laughing at him.

I wouldn’t have spoken on the issue but you don’t argue with a man whose mind is already made up on any issue. It is futile. And I’m not going to confuse anybody to pay tithe, no. if you attend my church and you decide not to pay tithe, it’s left to you. In my church they don’t pay me allowance. I live on my personal businesses and I write books. So far, I have written 52 books that are inspirational and I’m still writing. If you write books that are inspirational, believers and non-believers will buy. It is not as if it is only church members that buy pastors’ books. That alone is enough to sustain any pastor. So, you don’t just jump to criticize any pastor for buying private jets of expensive cars because you think it is tithe that they use to buy them.

If you asked me, there is nothing wrong with tithing. But tithes should be used by pastors to maintain Christianity, assist the poor in the church, the vulnerable and the stranded. Not that everything should go into the pastor’s pocket, that’s wrong. Every pastor should be on allowance.

That young man does not deserve a response; in fact, I’m not talking because of him but because my Papa, Pastor Adeboye had spoken, I’m speaking on the issue. Now, if it requires that we go into a debate, let’s have it. Yes, your tithe is not a license to make heaven but it is an acknowledgment of God’s mercy in your life. But because Papa Adeboye corrected the wrong notion and the young man dared to respond to him, I felt it was insulting. This is not about sentiment or emotion, it is about commonsense. You don’t respond to an elder in certain manner, especially a man of Pastor Adeboye’s standing.

There are things people shouldn’t just dabble into especially when it is not their field. Even if you mobilize the whole world against tithing, you will only end up being counterproductive because this is not your field. Men of God do not need to react to such issues because like I said earlier, once somebody has made up his mind on a position, nobody should argue with such a man. My reaction to such a man is, if that is your position, keep it, continue with what you believe but don’t confuse people to believe what you believe.”

http://insideout247..com.ng/2017/11/apostle-suleman-replies-daddy-freeze-on.html
no scriptural defence to counter freeze just personal opinion

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by PrinceBravo(m): 9:08am On Nov 11, 2017
sagerasaq:
Nice reply

gud
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by FaniDan(f): 9:10am On Nov 11, 2017
uboma:

Mariam in the Bible, murmured against God's anointed one, hence she was punished.

Can you say for sure that it is the same true God that anointed your Apostle Suleiman? How can a Clergyman be involved in a scandalous affair?

No one accused Jesus Christ or his Apostles (imperfect humans like us) of any scandalous affair during their time.

So please, reserve your comment for your likes who are blinded and believe everything the clergyman of today tells you.

, OK ooo you wai know who and who God anoint
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by PrinceBravo(m): 9:10am On Nov 11, 2017
uboma:

You are very stupid for insulting Apostle Suleman... what do you know about tithing..
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by FaniDan(f): 9:11am On Nov 11, 2017
sharpwriter:

My dear, away from the main topic let me teach you the scripture you quoted rightly. The scripture wasn't directed to men of God specifically. Please, do well to see Psalm 105:9-22. But later, read from the beginning to the end which is verse 45. Touch not mine anointed and do my prophet no harm as seen in verse 15 talks about the journey of the children of Israel(Jacob), that is, the twelve sons of Jacob. The Covenant made to Abraham in verse 9, which Jacob inherited was also with his sons, and they are the anointed of God, and prophets unto him, see verse 16, it talked of the famine in the land, but remember that Joseph had already been sold to Egypt as revealed in verse 17. And it was Joseph that saved them from that famine. What am I saying; I am saying that that verse (touch not mine anointed) is not for men of God in our generation alone, IT IS FOR EVERY ADOPTED CHILDREN OF GOD, because 1 John 2:27 tells us that we have received anointing from God (NKJV). You yourself, you are anointed and also a Prophetess because you are God's maid servant (Acts 2:17-18) and the Spirit of God resides in you.

So, let us gain more knowledge in God's things and read full scriptures, not just quotations. If you see the whole of Psalm 105, you will see that it is a brief summary of the journey of children of Israel and the covenant God gave them since Abraham's time till they acquired the land of the gentiles which is Canaan. Therefore touch not mine anointed points primarily to those twelve sons of Israel originally in the context of biblical teaching. Expand this knowledge to others too. Thanks. cool cool
, but they are included sha
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Abudu2000(m): 9:39am On Nov 11, 2017
[quote author=pascal558 post=62272061][/quote] obviously you are a pastor coz I ve been following ur commemts even on Instagram unless u are not the same Pascal on IG...bro let's ask you this, who send you work go open church?? Na that one your papa born u to do take feed ur family?? Is that what u were brought to you world for? To live on people's tithes and offerings?? You had better start thinking fo something better to do coz this movement has exposed you all unless you start telling ur members not to ever connect to the internet that the devil is online to drag them to hell fire grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims / Rev. Sister Henrietta Alokha Buried (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Tithe Against Poverty (TAP) Challenge: Lady Gives One Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.