Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! (3801 Views)

MURIC Activities Will Distroy Yoruba Unity / Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition / Fayose's Romance With S/west APC Governors: Political Adultery Or Yoruba Unity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by nisai: 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2017
HANDSHAKE ACROSS THE NIGER.

By NZUKO UMUNNA.

This is an event being organized by an Igbo group known as NZUKO UMUNNA with the blessing of the apex socio-cultural groups of both the Yorubas and Ndigbo; AFENIFERE & OHANEZE NDIGBO respectively.

The raison d'etre is specifically to see how we can end this cold war between these two great peoples (Igbos and Yorubas) and move the two regions from 'a place of destructive competition to that of constructive engagement and collaboration.

It is for this reason that the faces of both General Thomas Umunnakwe Johnson Aguyi Ironsi and Lt. Col. Adekunle Fajuyi will be the official portraits of the event. These two sons of these two great regions will be honourd at the event. Posthumously, of course.

I've said it in the past and I say it again now, the day the Igbos and the Yorubas decide to end this senseless cold war between them and work together towards freeing southern Nigeria from bondage, that is the day we in the south and indeed the whole Nigeria will join the late Jamaican Reggae god, Bob Nester Marley in singing The Songs Of Freedom.

It is my sincere wish that this NZUKO UMUNNA initiative will yield the desired result.

The Obi of Onitsha Igwe Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe (Agbogidi n'Ogidi) and The Ooni of Ife will be the Royal Fathers of the day while the Chief host will be Chief John Nnia Nwodo (Ike Ukehe) in his capacity as the Ohaneze PG.

Date is 11th January 2018

Venue is The Base Exclusive Lounge Independence Layout Enugu.

Time is 11am.

Copied from Facebook.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Ereolamide: 5:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
God forbid, May the plan become frustrated.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by PointB: 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2017
We the Igbos are very great people and maximum risk takers. The Yorubas are also great people.

We (Igbos) belief the best place to crack the egg is that at the Big End (we love to hit it big), but the Yorubas say they are very sophisticated. They think the egg should be cracked at the small end, they like playing small little tricks. But we have refused to do it their way, and they refuse to do it our way.

So we continue to fight! This fight might perhaps last a thousand years, unless the meeting convinces the Yorubas to crack the egg the way Igbo prefer it cracked.

I don talk my own.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
I will be the last to support any yoruba alliance again
They should go their way or move over to the hausa fulani masters
The meeting should be cancelled........
It dont worth anything.......
Dining with brood of chameleons is evil.....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by NigerDeltan(m): 5:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
Process ko

Prosex ni

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by horsepower101: 5:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
Just a general question; Will Yoruba Muslims be part of the alliance?

19 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
Ereolamide:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Desist from tribalism

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Ereolamide: 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Desist from tribalism
Go to that corner and jerk off!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2017
Ereolamide:

Go to that corner and jerk off!
Will you send a Yoruba babe to assist me in jerking off? grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by TheKingdom: 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2017
No need for unity for now...Easterners need to unite and drive out the gate keeper governors and sinators first
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
I love the south-wasteWest..
Let's make pisspeace reign amongst us b'cos I can't imagine myself without Bunmi's punna grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Afam4eva(m): 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
I don't see Igbos and Yoruba uniting politically anytime soon as long as they both have a slave master in common, the North.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Earthquake1: 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
Our brothers are ND, Afonjas can form alliance with the north.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by nisai: 5:45pm On Nov 10, 2017
Ereolamide:
grin cheesy But why now?
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by docsholz(m): 5:47pm On Nov 10, 2017
yeah right

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by FRESHG(m): 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2017
I HAVE SAID TIMES WITHOUT NUMBER THAT THE PROBLEM WITH SOUTHERNERS IS DEEPLY ROOTED IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SOUTHERN CHRISTIANS (YORUBA AND IGBO CHRISTIANS) AND YORUBA MUSLIMS.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS WOULD RATHER DINE WITH HAUSA FULANIS WHO THE BELIEVE ARE MORE SUPERIOR TO THEM WHEN IT COMES TO RELIGION.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS WOULD RATHER GIVE OUT THEIR DAUGHTERS HAND IN MARRIAGE TO HAUSA/FULANI MUSLIM.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS REGARDS BUHARI AS THE GREATEST AND HOLIEST MAN IN NIGERIA PRESENTLY.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS ANTICS ARE

(1) YORUBA IS YORUBA

(2) DONT DIVIDE US ALONG RELIGIOUS LINE

(3) THERE IS NO RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION IN THE SOUTH WEST

(4) BOLA AHMED TINUBU, A MUSLIM MARRIED A CHRISTIAN WOMAN

(5) FASHOLA A MUSLIM MARRIED A CHRISTIAN WOMAN

(6) GOVERNOR AMBODE IS A CHRISTIAN

NOW MY QUESTION IS

IF THERE IS NO RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION IN THE SOUTH WEST, WHY WOULD A SANE NAIRALAND MUSLIM FROM SOUTH WEST TELL US THAT THEY ARE THE MAJORITY. IS THAT NOT DISCRIMINATION

WHY DO YOU ALWAYS REMIND ME THAT TINUBU MARRIED A CHRISTIAN WOMAN

WHEN IS PROF ISHAQ AKINTOLA AND HIS PARTNER IN CRIME, PROF ISHAQ OLOYEDE GOING TO MARRY OF THEIR DAUGHTERS TO A SOUTH WEST CHRISTIAN

WOULD AMBODE HAVE BECOME THE GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE WITHOUT THE HELP OF BOLA AHMED TINUBU AND HIS BIGOTED MUSLIM BROTHERS

ONE ALCATRAZ005 AND COLONELDRAKE TRIED TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE SOME MONTHS BACK BUT SOME MUSLIMS LIKE MICHAEL004, MARKFEMI AND JESUSLOVESYOU ACTIVATED THEIR CHRISTIAN MONIKERS IN OTHER TO DRAW SYMPATHY FROM GULLIBLE SOUTH WEST CHRISTIANS.

THESE ARE SOME FUNDAMENTAL QUESTIONS THAT NEEDS URGENT ANSWERS

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by horsepower101: 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
Yoruba Christians and Muslims can stay artificially united within Nigeria but the direct consequence of that unity is that the rest of the south (SE and SS) will never trust Yorubas or form any real political alliance with them.

Anytime southerners have meetings in secrecy, the Yoruba Muslims always run to the north to tell them everything discussed.

18 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by loveth360(f): 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
nisai:
HANDSHAKE ACROSS THE NIGER.

By NZUKO UMUNNA.

This is an event being organized by an Igbo group known as NZUKO UMUNNA with the blessing of the apex socio-cultural groups of both the Yorubas and Ndigbo; AFENIFERE & OHANEZE NDIGBO respectively.

The raison d'etre is specifically to see how we can end this cold war between these two great peoples (Igbos and Yorubas) and move the two regions from 'a place of destructive competition to that of constructive engagement and collaboration.

It is for this reason that the faces of both General Thomas Umunnakwe Johnson Aguyi Ironsi and Lt. Col. Adekunle Fajuyi will be the official portraits of the event. These two sons of these two great regions will be honourd at the event. Posthumously, of course.

I've said it in the past and I say it again now, the day the Igbos and the Yorubas decide to end this senseless cold war between them and work together towards freeing southern Nigeria from bondage, that is the day we in the south and indeed the whole Nigeria will join the late Jamaican Reggae god, Bob Nester Marley in singing The Songs Of Freedom.

It is my sincere wish that this NZUKO UMUNNA initiative will yield the desired result.

The Obi of Onitsha Igwe Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe (Agbogidi n'Ogidi) and The Ooni of Ife will be the Royal Fathers of the day while the Chief host will be Chief John Nnia Nwodo (Ike Ukehe) in his capacity as the Ohaneze PG.

Date is 11th January 2018

Venue is The Base Exclusive Lounge Independence Layout Enugu.

Time is 11am.

Copied from Facebook.
never!
Let everybody carry his own cross.enough of this betray.

Awo people can never change.

16 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Gotze1: 7:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
[s]
PointB:
We the Igbos are very great people and maximum risk takers. The Yorubas are also great people.

We (Igbos) belief the best place to crack the egg is that at the Big End (we love to hit it big), but the Yorubas say they are very sophisticated. They think the egg should be cracked at the small end, they like playing small little tricks. But we have refused to do it their way, and they refuse to do it our way.

So we continue to fight! This fight might perhaps last a thousand years, unless the meeting convinces the Yorubas to crack the egg the way Igbo prefer it cracked.

I don talk my own.
[/s]If you think the egg should be cracked the way you igbos want will make you our friend, then we will rather continue the fight. We will never in anyway allow you people. Get that, mind that.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by SPOPOVICH: 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
second class citizens, and slaves to hausa/fulani.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by PointB: 8:59am On Nov 13, 2017
Gotze1:
[s][/s]If you think the egg should be cracked the way you igbos want will make you our friend, then we will rather continue the fight. We will never in anyway allow you people. Get that, mind that.

A thousand years of strive then?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nebuzaradan: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2017
yeroba Muslims are the problem of the world and the yeroba people

Igbos don't have problem with an average yeroba Christians

unfortunately yeroba Muslims seems to be more popular than yeroba Christians and always marginalize them.

cc
sarrki
vedaxcool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 13, 2017
FRESHG:
I HAVE SAID TIMES WITHOUT NUMBER THAT THE PROBLEM WITH SOUTHERNERS IS DEEPLY ROOTED IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SOUTHERN CHRISTIANS (YORUBA AND IGBO CHRISTIANS) AND YORUBA MUSLIMS.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS WOULD RATHER DINE WITH HAUSA FULANIS WHO THE BELIEVE ARE MORE SUPERIOR TO THEM WHEN IT COMES TO RELIGION.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS WOULD RATHER GIVE OUT THEIR DAUGHTERS HAND IN MARRIAGE TO HAUSA/FULANI MUSLIM.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS REGARDS BUHARI AS THE GREATEST AND HOLIEST MAN IN NIGERIA PRESENTLY.

(1) YORUBA IS YORUBA

NOW MY QUESTION IS

IF THERE IS NO RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION IN THE SOUTH WEST, WHY WOULD A SANE NAIRALAND MUSLIM FROM SOUTH WEST TELL US THAT THEY ARE THE MAJORITY. IS THAT NOT DISCRIMINATION

WHEN IS PROF ISHAQ AKINTOLA AND HIS PARTNER IN CRIME, PROF ISHAQ OLOYEDE GOING TO MARRY OF THEIR DAUGHTERS TO A SOUTH WEST CHRISTIAN

WOULD AMBODE HAVE BECOME THE GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE WITHOUT THE HELP OF BOLA AHMED TINUBU AND HIS BIGOTED MUSLIM BROTHERS

ONE ALCATRAZ005 AND COLONELDRAKE TRIED TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE SOME MONTHS BACK BUT SOME MUSLIMS LIKE MICHAEL004, MARKFEMI AND JESUSLOVESYOU ACTIVATED THEIR CHRISTIAN MONIKERS IN OTHER TO DRAW SYMPATHY FROM GULLIBLE SOUTH WEST CHRISTIANS.

Hmmmmmm; I don't even know what to say at this point. I am very tired of Nigerian politics and I am at this point tempted to save myself first.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 13, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
yeroba Muslims are the problem of the world and the yeroba people

Igbos don't have problem with an average yeroba Christians

unfortunately yeroba Muslims seems to be more popular than yeroba Christians and always marginalize them.

cc
sarrki
vedaxcool

If you seek to divide us, you would have started on a losing note. Don't play the religious card (although the division is blatant and visible) when dealing in Yoruba issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by horsepower101: 9:24am On Nov 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

If you seek to divide us, you would have started on a losing note. Don't play the religious card (although the division is blatant and visible) when dealing in Yoruba issues.

Igbo presence is the only major factor keeping the Yorubas united. It's like when two groups who don't really like each other finds another group that they both don't like. That new groups becomes a uniting factor for them.

Yorubas need a common enemy in order to stay united. So igbos leaving Nigeria will do so much damage that I can't even imagine where to begin.

11 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nebuzaradan: 9:27am On Nov 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

ohh my brother sorry if my post sound divisive but to be honest these people are the problems of you yerobas because of their undying and undiluted loyalty to the caliphate.
they're the ones that are too quick to play religious card.

I have yeroba friends on Facebook and in real life most of them supported and voted Buhari but only few of them who happened to be yeroba Christians have admitted to the fact that Buhari is a terrorist a failure and a disaster which any sane mind knows.
but guess what? none of my yeroba Muslim friends both online and offline have openly condemned Buhari instead they keep giving silly excuses since the "blame pdp" ia is not working anymore they went mute because Buhari keeps shaming them each day.
do you know that these people supported any anti yeroba stuff
like they bashed condemned and castigated Fayose just because he banned fulani open grazing in ekiti these yeroba Muslims will rather see their fellow yeroba die than to see someone challenge the caliphate.
they supported Olu falae's attack by fulani herdsmen instead they found a way to attach igbos in it.
they challenged and hate Nnamdi Kanu for daring to speak against the caliphate.
and so on
the bash you for daring to speak up
you see these people are your people's problem

7 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by FRESHG(m): 9:34am On Nov 13, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
ohh my brother sorry if my post sound divisive but to be honest these people are the problems of you yerobas because of their undying and undiluted loyalty to the caliphate.
they're the ones that are too quick to play religious card.

I have yeroba friends on Facebook and in real life most of them supported and voted Buhari but only few of them who happened to be yeroba Christians have admitted to the fact that Buhari is a terrorist a failure and a disaster which any sane mind knows.
but guess what? none of my yeroba Muslim friends both online and offline have openly condemned Buhari instead they keep giving silly excuses since the "blame pdp" ia is not working anymore they went mute because Buhari keeps shaming them each day.
do you know that these people supported any anti yeroba stuff
like they bashed condemned and castigated Fayose just because he banned fulani open grazing in ekiti these yeroba Muslims will rather see their fellow yeroba die than to see someone challenge the caliphate.
they supported Olu falae's attack by fulani herdsmen instead they found a way to attach igbos in it.
they challenged and hate Nnamdi Kanu for daring to speak against the caliphate.
and so on
the bash you for daring to speak up
you see these people are your people's problem
OGA THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE WORD YEROBA RESPECT YOUR SELF
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by PVision2020(m): 9:41am On Nov 13, 2017
FRESHG:

(1) YORUBA IS YORUBA

NOW MY QUESTION IS

You're on a long thing, if you think you can separate us (Yoruba's) on the basis of religion.
Years of joint Harmony, tranquility, love, intermarriage and unity cannot be broken by your cheap propaganda.
We are first Yoruba before being Christian and Muslims. You're judged and valued based on the content of your character and not on your religion affiliation.
That's why we bare our native names often and our religious names are silent.
I prefer being called Segun to peter.
we're religiously diplomatic.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Daewang: 9:45am On Nov 13, 2017
God forbid any unity between our glorious Igbo race and hydraulic soup people. Mba Chukwu ekwela.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by PointB: 9:49am On Nov 13, 2017
PVision2020:

You're on a long thing, if you think you can separate us (Yoruba's) on the basis of religion.
Years of joint Harmony, tranquility, love, intermarriage and unity cannot be broken by your cheap propaganda.
We are first Yoruba before being Christian and Muslims. You're judged and valued based on the content of your character and not on your religion affiliation.
That's why we bare our native names often and our religious names are silent.
I prefer being called Segun to peter.
we're religiously diplomatic.

@ Nebuzaradan,

One of them! grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Ogonimilitant(m): 9:49am On Nov 13, 2017
[quote author=PointB post=62256190]We the Igbos are very great people and maximum risk takers. The Yorubas are also great people.

I don talk my own.[/quote"we the igbos" grin grin grin grin grin we niger deltans no work again? Afonja why?
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by aribisala0(m): 9:52am On Nov 13, 2017
SPOPOVICH:
second class citizens, and slaves to hausa/fulani.
That is 100 % True

1960 Prime Minister and commander in Chief Tafawa Balewa. Ceremonial President and Boyboy in Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe
Obafemi Awolowo-Leader of Opposition
1965 Prime Minister and commander in Chief Tafawa Balewa. Ceremonial President and Boyboy in Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe
1979 President and Commander in Chief Shehu Shagari Vice President Alex Ekwueme both of NPN. Formed alliance with Nnamdi Azikiwe to get majority in National Assembly. Azikiwe's party NPP compensated with Speaker House of Representatives. (Edwin Ume-Ezeoke)
Obafemi Awolowo-Leader of Opposition
1983 President and Commander in Chief Shehu Shagari Vice President Alex Ekwueme both of NPN. Formed alliance with Nnamdi Azikiwe to get majority in National Assembly. Azikiwe's party NPP compensated with Speaker House of Representatives. (Edwin Ume-Ezeoke)
Obafemi Awolowo-Leader of Opposition. ( OJUKWU RETURNS FROM EXILE AND JOINS NPN)

My people who are the Fulani's Houseboys in Nigeria and who are those that have perenially opposed them?

FACTS ARE STUBBORN

These same servants are now squealing like pigs because FOR THE FIRST TIME they find themselves in opposition and don't know what to do.

Shamelessly Orji Kalu,Andy Uba and many others joined APC

why not learn from Awo and Tinubu? Men with pride and principle

Keep shouting Fulani master every where.

LOOK IN THE MIRROR if you are looking for slaves

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Miyetti Allah Has Claimed Responsibility, Why Are Their Leaders Still Free? / Abia State Government Provide Over Sizes Rubber Sandals To Pupils. . / Operation Restore Peace: Ugwuanyi Reiterates Commitment To Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.