Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam (36048 Views)

Man Beats Up Transgender Woman When He Discovered She Had Male Instruments / Why I Have Decided To Marry An Uneducated Woman When I'm Ready / Traits a man should observe in a woman when considering commitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
Rapmoney:
I don't know what you call true love but being broke may not only prevent you from finding your said 'true love', it can also prevent you from finding fake love. If you are broke, there's no lust for you, talk less of love.
Let me quote this, in case you ever try to accuse me of "misjudging" you again.
Tozara

4 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
Daeylar:
I think you two agreed on this point in bold

I guess so. But he just made a U-turn. A change of words---with 100% range.

1 Like

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Rapmoney(m): 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
Wait........ Define "broke"---what it means to YOU.
if you don't have enough to take care of yourself, it will be wicked for you to want a woman to stick with you. Let's not have our thoughts beclouded by fairy-tale stories of how rich princesses fell in love with poor farmers or labourers! It's a real world we live. Deal with it!

4 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by shaybebaby(f): 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
He's exagerrating the importance of money in relationships. Well, I thought he was talking about "genuine" love, not just any old love, right?

It depends on your definition of "love". I know staying in "love" can be hard, but it takes more than money to maintain it. Maybe money is the only thing some people need to maintain "love". But I believe it's not the same for everybody, 'cause we have different reasons why we love in the first place, and the conditions that can kill the love also differ.

And the way it's possible for a broke man to become rich, is the same way the rich can also become poor. So, I'm still missing the point of this.
Hun we are not talking absolutes here that are mutually exclusive. He is speaking relatively.
What is your definition of love?
Ofcourse conditions that kill love differs and lack of money is one of those. No one implied it is the only one.
I've never heard of money killing a relationship, rather maybe it's use wrongly would contribute to the demise of the relationship.

1 Like

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Martin0(m): 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2017
/ Robo skeke robo skeke/ / If no be you then tell me who oh/ / Them go sempe Them go sempe/ / Nobody messing with my boo oh/ / Robo skeske robo skeske/ / If no be you then tell me who oh/ / Robo skeske Robo yeske/ / Nobody messing with my boo oh/
gringringringrin Oya make we dance O¶
/ Ma lo oh, Jor oh/ / You give me love I've never seen oh oh/ / Ma lo oh,jor oh/gringrin
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by shaybebaby(f): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2017
Daeylar:

The shade in this part grin grin
Who me? Now why would I do that? cry grin
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2017
Benita27:
I'd choose a guy who's career driven, vision oriented and a great prospect to match over a rich one I have no idea of how he made his money 'cause my head may be used as sacrifice. Nothing gives me joy more than the idea of being with such a person 'cause I'd part of his success story. grin

@emboldened there was a time the idea of this seem okay to me, but based on experiences I rather she is not part or actively involved. They are very very few people if any in this world who won't throw it in your face that they played a pivotal role in your life, and such talk irks me to the bone.

I'm not speaking for my gender in general but for myself so don't call me a hypocrite. On the other hand, wonder why the rich folks are apprehensive and careful in choosing a wife?. Good wives aren't easy to come by at such points in a man's life. I still reteirate that it's more difficult for a rich man to find true love than it's for a struggling guy.

@ emboldened so true, rich or not, it truly comes from the Lord.

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
Rapmoney:
if you don't have enough to take care of yourself, it will be wicked for you to want a woman to stick with you. Let's not have our thoughts beclouded by fairy-tale stories of how rich princesses fell in love with poor farmers or labourers! It's a real world we live. Deal with it!
Lol. So only adults fall in love? Or your girlfriend/wife is your daughter for whom you're financially responsible, but not financially responsible for YOU?

So, if a guy is still under his parents, and has a girlfriend who's under her parents too, their relationship is pointless, and the love is DEFINITELY false? Or how does a teenager "take care" of his girlfriend?

And, hey! Talk about "real world", what do you know about it? Your "real world" is limited to YOUR own environment and experiences. It's not the real world---merely the aspect you've chosen to take note of, or the only aspect that has been available to you all your life. The world is bigger than that.

Your arguments have a Patriachial ideology underpinning them---that your wife is like your daughter, and you have a responsibility to take care of her finance [but she has no such responsibility towards you]. Sorry, but I don't belong to that school of thought.

To make my point as simple as possible: A broke girl can find love. A broke guy can find love too. And their partner can be either wealthy....... or broke as well. grin [They know what motivates them and brings them together]

Unless a person thinks of relationships/marriage as a poverty alleviation program, or loves because of money [implying the person loves only money], they know love goes beyond just riches.
Tozara

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Rapmoney(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2017
shaybebaby:

Hun we are not talking absolutes here that are mutually exclusive. He is speaking relatively.
Ofcourse conditions that kill love differs and lack of money is one of those. No one implied it is the only one.
I've never heard of money killing a relationship, rather maybe it's use wrongly would contribute to the demise of the relationship.
Yeah, something I ve being trying to prove to folks but they keep avoiding it.
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2017
shaybebaby:

And there are relationships that survive without money. That's the point.

8 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Rapmoney(m): 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
Lol. So only adults fall in love? Or your girlfriend/wife is your daughter for whom you're financially responsible, but not financially responsible for YOU?

So, if a guy is still under his parents, and has a girlfriend who's under her parents too, their relationship is pointless, and the love is DEFINITELY false? Or how does a teenager "take care" of his girlfriend?

And, hey! Talk about "real world", what do you know about it? Your "real world" is limited to YOUR own environment and experiences. It's not the real world---merely the aspect you've chosen to take note of, or the only aspect that has been available to you all your life. The world is bigger than that.

Your arguments have a Patriachial ideology underpinning them---that your wife is like your daughter, and you have a responsibility to take care of her finance [but she has no such responsibility towards you]. Sorry, but I don't belong to that school of thought.

To make my point as simple as possible: A broke girl can find love. A broke guy can find love too. And their partner can be either wealthy....... or broke as well. grin [They know what motivates them and brings them together]

Unless a person thinks of relationships/marriage as a poverty alleviation program, or loves because of money [implying the person loves only money], they know love goes beyond just riches.
Now, I see you have lost touch with reality. What is the possiblity that you will meet a girl from a wealthy background if you are broke? That's why I said you should not allow your thoughts to be beclouded my fairy-tales and fantasy movies!

Teenagers who are still being taken care of by their parents have no business whatsoever with love or relationships.

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Rapmoney(m): 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
Wake up from your slumber, please cool

1 Like

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by shaybebaby(f): 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
Hence why I said there are no absolutes.
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by shaybebaby(f): 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
Rapmoney:
Yeah, something I ve being trying to prove to folks but they keep avoiding it.
It is an uncomfortable thought, but it is important because of the freedoms it affords. It certainly makes certain aspects of life easier and since relationships are a part of life, it stands to reason that even union's benefit from the presence of financial means.
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by freeman95(m): 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Yea most of dem footballers married their first love and divorced them when they got richer.

Love is real but how real can it get

Love is just a word ....

1 Like

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Intrepid01(m): 2:12pm On Nov 11, 2017
@Rapmoney: you could have asked for the real meaning of the statement, obviously you took the saying literary. Knowing the meaning would have saved you this epistle....move closer to the elders and more knowledgeable for a better explanation........

anyways weldone for having an opinion.....some can't even articulate one.
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by YelloweWest: 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2017
A broke man has no business with looking for a woman.

Look for money First!

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Daeylar(f): 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
shaybebaby:

Who me? Now why would I do that? cry grin
Yes you grin. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by toogbasky(m): 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
This our generation sha,,,, everytin everyone talks abt and tink abt is money,,, let d world sha end soon

1 Like

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2017
Rapmoney:
The problem with you guys is that you are always fond of reeling out a few names whenever you are confronted with an issue. It's just like saying having a third class degree does not affect your employment prospect because Wole Soyinka or Gani Fawehinmi graduated with 3rd class, forgetting to put present socio-economic situations into consideration!

You should think of the problems lack of money brings more than the issues its presence brings except you cherish a life of penury! Nobody makes money then start planning on how to cope when the money vanishes.
Oga no spew thrash here wer is ur prove dst wole and gani finished with third class...u pple like too much rumors...even after Soyinka debunked dis stupid fallacy u still de write say im get ist class jst like u guys kip sayin Margret Expo led aba women riots of 1929 which is untrue

3 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
Rapmoney:
Now, I see you have lost touch with reality. What is the possiblity that you will meet a girl from a wealthy background if you are broke? That's why I said you should not allow your thoughts to be beclouded my fairy-tales and fantasy movies!
Duh! You kidding me now? You didn't even say "probability", you went to the extreme and typed "possibility". I have no interest in your beliefs---it just irks me when you call them "reality". When you start calling your fantasies reality, I hope you know what doctors call that diagnosis. grin

Heck. A rich lady doesn't necessarily have to be from a "rich background", or elitist in her mentality. Realist, my ass.

Teenagers who are still being taken care of by their parents have no business whatsoever with love or relationships.
A kick to the groin might be enough to solve your problems. LMAO. grin

"Couples who were once wealthy but suffered a financial catastrophe, with no guarantee of getting back on their feet, should dissolve their marriage".

Does REALISTIC now mean IRRATIONAL? What an irony!
Tozara

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
Simple and straight.....Ain't nothing like "LOVE" just some word made up by some deluded fellas....

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by ivolt: 2:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
RuthDaniels:

The richer you get, the lesser your chances of getting True Love.

Evidence please?

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2017
toogbasky:
This our generation sha,,,, everytin everyone talks abt and tink abt is money,,, let d world sha end soon

Even the bible says, money answereth all things cheesy

1 Like

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Daeylar(f): 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2017
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 11, 2017
Rapmoney:
Wake up from your slumber, please cool
Go and RAP and earn some MONEY. You'll need a lot of it to keep your woman.

Leave me in my slumber. Let me sleep forever, and dream about really good things. grin

I "misjudged" you, indeed. undecided
Tozara

3 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 11, 2017
In Small doctor's voice; If u no get money, hide your face cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
Finding the right man when you are a gold digger is a romantic scam.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
Benita27:
On the contrary, it's said that a friend's loyalty is known when the chips are down. Those who made this quote were not drunk and it has been proven to be true 'cause wealth attracts sycophants. The married great men of this world met their women when they had nothing 'cause that's when you test a man's loyalty. Wonder why Mark Zuckerberg ended up with an average looking Asian instead of the beauties of America?, it's 'cause she was with him when he was nothing.

You said it's easier to pick your kind of woman when you have wealth. Sorry, it's a herculean task to pick your kind of woman when you have money. A wealthy man is full of insecurities.

You wouldn't marry a lady you're not sure whether she loves you or not, realistically speaking.
bros na like diz u take study talk truth?the reason be say u too get sense...All ur bodi na grey matter.....Infact isoye carry permanent residence inside your cranium...Ogbon ati oye marry your oblongata ������tuale eyan oba solomon!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by StankovicEgeni(m): 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2017
Present statistics to buttress your claim .
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

i never said anything is certain in relation to the what i said previously. what i mean is it is easier to stick to a woman who was witg you b4 you blow than one who came after the money was made. most guys feel she came for the money. isnt wierd that broke guys hardly get noticed by women but the moment he starts making money women flock around him.
i disagree because men are notorious for leaving the woman who was with him in poverty when they become rich. They begin to have this feeling that their taste has increased levels and start chasing small girls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Do I Deal With My Girlfriend's Male Bestie? / He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go / Osun Sex Workers Beg Oyetola On Behalf Of Okada Riders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.