Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,442 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam (35994 Views)

Man Beats Up Transgender Woman When He Discovered She Had Male Instruments / Why I Have Decided To Marry An Uneducated Woman When I'm Ready / Traits a man should observe in a woman when considering commitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2017
Ogaonos:
keep my finger crossed.my sista is nice chatting wit u.gudnite nd greet oga 4 me.

Same here smiley

I will, he will hear.

Thank you smiley and goodnight
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Rapmoney(m): 11:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
thoth:
The slowpoke that wrote this has never been rich in his Life,it's extremely hard to find a wife when one is rich.
You be real ode!!! Don't address people's personality or life when you don't know a hoot about them, ozubo!!! So the rich and comfortable who have been getting married here and there have been doing so only in your dreams and imagination, abi? Say what you know instead of saying crap!

1 Like

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by bigpicture001: 11:18pm On Nov 11, 2017
Rapmoney:
You must be high! So P-squre married their wives when they were nothing? Say what you know!
...so you dnt know the history of lol nd anita..plz read up
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Toluensdollars(m): 11:58pm On Nov 11, 2017
I think d O.P is actually writing from his own personal experience with ladies out there. If u have that belief that its only when u become successful before u can actually find love, then am very sorry for u. Its only when u are broke u get to see the real beast in everybody not their fake expressions when u rich. U wonder why most men tends to go back to women who stood with them, its because they trust them. And if u haven't find anyone lady out there who's ready to make u a great man, or probably d ladies u have been meeting are just materialistic ladies, there's only one solution to it. Change the type of ladies u associate with and secondly change your attitude. Don't act or dress like you've got d whole world while u r still praying for favour

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by turkeyboy: 12:26am On Nov 12, 2017
girls get attracted to money like bees attract to honey as for me am not going to get married to a broke girl because none of them was there for me when i was broke they said that love is blind that you wouldn't know when you will fall in love but my own love cannot be blind when i meet a broke girl my love will have sixteen bright eyes all this gold diggers looking for whom to send back to the village with polythene bag
Oh Lord Save Me From Wicked Karashika

3 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Olumaeme: 12:27am On Nov 12, 2017
This is the fakest writeup I have ever seen, u didn't give specific examples to butress your point, you just gave us you own shallow perspective.

Look, there's no pattern on how and when to get your true love, but one thing I can tell you categorically is that, the richer you are the more difficult it is to get true love or friendship.

You will attracts all kinds of people, and you will find it difficult to know the person that's very true and sincere to you, sometimes those who are actually sincere with you are those you might think are not.

That's why, they say you know your true friends when you are in problems.

Most of the successful men today met their wives when they had nothing, it's not that there wives knew they will become rich someday, they married them for the love they had for them, Mark's Wife probably never knew Facebook would be as big as this, Obama's wife never knew he will become president someday...

Give me 5 popular people who met their spouses when they were rich and I will give you 50 who met theirs when they were broke.

Iyanya stated in an interview few years ago that, if he knew he will be this popular, he would have been in a serious relationship as its difficult for him to know who genuinely love him and not the fame. Nobody want a gold digger as partner. If am rich, I will just jejely get married to a rich lady too

5 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by demefaboy(m): 12:56am On Nov 12, 2017
If u no get money, hide your face. Love is money, money is love. Too many broke guys on nairaland
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by stevups(m): 1:28am On Nov 12, 2017
A poor man doesn't have a choice!

1 Like

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by judlice84: 4:06am On Nov 12, 2017
Friends are plenty when the purse is full,likewise women are plenty when the purse is full

1 Like

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by thoth: 5:45am On Nov 12, 2017
You are a poor frustrated idiot, and the post you wrote reeks of frustration from a young boy who found himself to be poor and blames all his misfortunes on his poverty.
Rapmoney:
You be real ode!!! Don't address people's personality or life when you don't know a hoot about them, ozubo!!! So the rich and comfortable who have been getting married here and there have been doing so only in your dreams and imagination, abi? Say what you know instead of saying crap!
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by BiafranPound: 6:00am On Nov 12, 2017
Toks2008:

Dude please dont be deceived, owo ni koko, if you are stil hustling just stay clear of a struggling lady otherwise you are only toying with your heart as she may end up leaving you if she finds a better guy in terms of finance.

Most of these ladies that ususally disturb our hears with "i was there for you" in most cases never found a better alternative all the time they were with the guy else dey for don shift ground.

Just pray to GOD to make good money or have other qualities that may atone for being "broke" and you will have no issues. I repeat,..OWO NI KOKO. expecially for naija.
confam! For Naija, if you no get money, you no get good name, ABI no be so? cheesy
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by tosyne2much(m): 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
shaybebaby:
I'm just going to put this question out there for nigerian blokes who always bash women for going after money (even though this is not always the case).

Let's take this supposed money that is the preserve of men to earn solely (and also this belief that they solely the ones capable of earning, every woman is waiting patiently on the sidelines to benefit), out of the equation.

Hence what other values do nigerian men bring to the table in relationships if we exclude money?

If you are struggling to answer this, then you do not deserve to be in a relationship as a broke person.
Don't you think it goes both ways?

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Whatarewehere4: 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
best comment ever !!!
alexialin:

Guys didn't make women love money.
It's unfortunate life and economy way back in the 90s is totally different from today.

Today the economy is hard and harsh. Alot of people are panicking when it comes to finance, both male and females.
And some women and men are not thinking straight on the decisions they are making and dishing out because of the bleak situation happening in Nigeria.
Anyways all I can say, is be sure of whom you give your trust and heart to.

It applies to both male and female.

When I was a very young graduate looking for a job and broke, guys didn't want to even come close, even though I was sleek, slim and pretty . But I wasn't complaining 24/7 like the ways broke guys are complaining these days. I simply took it in my stride,toghtened my belt and focus on making it. Cause I know when I make it, I will marry the kind of man have always dreamt of.
Which is fact.
There are other ways of testing your gf or bf even when u are comfortable.

*You can claim to be broke or God can help you and make you broke again* to see if this person around you, truly Loves you and can stick with u thru thick and thin.
During that broke state, see and watch if your partner will still be all lovey and supportive.

I always say, we can know if our partner truly love us if we are watchful of what they say and events around us. It's not hard to know no matter how smart they may think they are. One day, they must slip, if it's all a act.

Na so I see am o.

3 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rapmoney:
I don't know what you call true love but being broke may not only prevent you from finding your said 'true love', it can also prevent you from finding fake love. If you are broke, there's no lust for you, talk less of love.
STFU. Being broke doesn't mean you'll remain that way for long, so far you're working towards something good, you'll achieve. Money should not be the pre- requisite for finding true love. Many of us found love when we were nothing. Our ladies were patient with us till we got the money the right way. By your logic, a broke guy has no hope. He should involve himself in stupid things just to get money in order to find love

4 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by phazotron(m): 5:23pm On Nov 12, 2017
as for me if I can't find True love now na to marry stupid rich woman when I hammer.
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by rosalieene(f): 6:06am On Nov 13, 2017
Young Nigerian women nowadays are allergic to long stories of how bright your prospects are; face it!!

Lolest! cheesy
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by shaybebaby(f): 8:02am On Nov 13, 2017
tosyne2much:
Don't you think it goes both ways?
Yes it does, but you can ask females that question if you wish in one of your threads.

Now answer my question.
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by doyinisaac(m): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2017
judlice84:
Friends are plenty when the purse is full,likewise women are plenty when the purse is full
And that's why dating a broke lady at that point is dangerous grin.....
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by tosyne2much(m): 9:17am On Nov 13, 2017
shaybebaby:

Yes it does, but you can ask females that question if you wish in one of your threads.

Now answer my question.
All I want you to know is that, the same way some guys have nothing to offer without money, the same way some guys have nothing to offer even with tons of money in their pockets. I think it goes both ways.

There are a lot of things a guy can offer a lady even if money is taken out of the relationship such as helping you become a better person, making efforts to make your dreams come to fulfillment. The list is endless dear

2 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by tosyne2much(m): 9:19am On Nov 13, 2017
rosalieene:
Young Nigerian women nowadays are allergic to long stories of how bright your prospects are; face it!!

Lolest! cheesy
Hahaha.. Don't let guys turn the thread on your head oooo

You wan bruise their ego abi?
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by shaybebaby(f): 9:58am On Nov 13, 2017
tosyne2much:
All I want you to know is that, the same way some guys have nothing to offer without money, the same way some guys have nothing to offer even with tons of money in their pockets. I think it goes both ways.

There are a lot of things a guy can offer a lady even if money is taken out of the relationship such as helping you become a better person, making efforts to make your dreams come to fulfillment. The list is endless dear
But I want that endless list. Go on..
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by rosalieene(f): 10:35am On Nov 13, 2017
tosyne2much:

lmaoooo....... that statement was made in the write-up, check you'd see it

that was why I quoted it and laughed because it was plain reality.
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by tosyne2much(m): 11:27am On Nov 13, 2017
shaybebaby:

But I want that endless list. Go on..
You will have to wait for me to create a thread about it cheesy
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by shaybebaby(f): 11:32am On Nov 13, 2017
tosyne2much:
You will have to wait for me to create a thread about it cheesy
I won't hold my breath. grin
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 13, 2017
RuthDaniels:
Lol! There is no definite pattern of how life works, Your opinion although somewhat right remains an opinion and not a fact.

I laugh when I see guys encourage themselves to get rich and watch ladies flock around them. Yes, they will come, but 99% would be materialistic, gold digging bunch. One thing guys need to get straight is, Money does not attract love. Money attracts fans but not friends, lust but not love. The richer you get, the lesser your chances of getting True Love.

Rich or poor, express your feelings to whomever you are attracted to. [b]You are either accepted or rejected, it's not the end of life, but another junction to turn a corner.
[/b]

That's some deep comment

You are either accepted or rejected, it's not the end of life, but another junction to turn a corner.

4 Likes

Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by MichaelBlake40: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2017
tosyne2much:

But na true talk na how many girls wan hear say u dey work towards bright future cheesy
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by tosyne2much(m): 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
MichaelBlake40:

But na true talk na how many girls wan hear say u dey work towards bright future cheesy
You no lie at all oooo baba
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by tosyne2much(m): 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
shaybebaby:
I won't hold my breath. grin
You just can't wait to see it sha grin

BTW, are you married.?
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by tosyne2much(m): 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2017
rosalieene:

lmaoooo....... that statement was made in the write-up, check you'd see it

that was why I quoted it and laughed because it was plain reality.
I kuku saw it... So how have you been now? Done with service?
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by shaybebaby(f): 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2017
tosyne2much:
You just can't wait to see it sha grin

BTW, are you married.?
Nope, was married.

I should be the one opening threads upandan. I have seen all sides of the coin. tongue
Re: Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam by tosyne2much(m): 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
shaybebaby:

Nope, was married.

I should be the one opening threads upandan. I have seen all sides of the coin. tongue
Now I can see you've seen the two sides of the coin, so I can always beckon on you when my little experience fails me tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Amazing And Simple Pre-Wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander And His Fiancee / How Do I Deal With My Girlfriend's Male Bestie? / Are Nairaland Ladies Undateable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.