Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,860 members, 7,798,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others (46112 Views)

Why Don't Rich Pastors Emphasize On This Bible Quote. / CONVID19: Message To Pastor E.A Adeboye & Others. Stop Using Covid19 To COMPETE / Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2017
nzeobi:
rich lawyer how are you helping the poor. everyone now criticizes pastors and the church just to stay relevant.

why not attack Muslim who rather than invest their savings back in Nigeria, take it to foreign land annually to go and pray.
And Christians don’t always go on pilgrimage right??
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Synthase(m): 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2017
Laqrinafrica:

you be mumu.. it seems you don't know who Mr falana is .... please ask and ask more about pro bono service also ask how much he helps the masses .

Greater mumu, you know about d pro bono services falana is rendering to the masses but your bias and jealous mind fail to give benefit of doubts to pastor Adeboye too perhaps he is also helping the 'masses' on his own way.
To the topic...
Falana gbo ti e
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by aku626(m): 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2017
Hakeem12:
After independence, in order to build a great nation, each country went to
work. But in Nigeria, after independence, our people went to pray and
fast.
So, while we were praying, Malaysia came here and took our palm
seedlings and built a great factory of it.
While we were praying, Singapore went into investment in technology.
While we were praying, India went into ICT.
While we were praying, China went to massive industrialization.
While we were shouting Allah Alakuba! UAE went into massive
infrastructural development.
While we were binding and casting Lucifer, Japan went into technological
development.
While we were speaking in tongues, Denmark went into education of her
citizens.
While we were mounting big speakers in our places of worship, USA was
mounting man on the moon.
After our prayers, God, being a wise God decided to reward us according
to our labour.
Since those that went into industrialization, technology, infrastructural
development, ICT, education etc have been rewarded accordingly. It's
only wise God rewards us with our efforts in prayers.
That's why today, Nigerian pastors are competing in building the biggest
churches. That's why there are more prayer houses and worship places
than hospitals and schools. That's why people rush to prayer houses for
medical and business solutions instead of hospitals.
That's why we don't do business proposals before jumping into business
since we are going to back it up with prayers. And when it collapse, we
blame devil.
That's why it's a sin to say anything negative about pastors and imams.
That's why our pastors don't consider the opinion of engineers while
building and blame devil when building collapse.
That's why faith in God replaces building pillars and when it collapse we
blame it on Lucifer.
That's why our pastors are making sure they plant church branches
instead of schools in every streets in Nigeria.
That's why we always wait for God to do that which ability to accomplish
he has already handed over to us.
That's why we want our teachers to labour on earth and go to heaven for
their rewards.
Nigeria is a prayer loving, God fearing nation. Religion has taken the
place of technology, infrastructure, education and all.
When we are traveling, we ignore all the necessary road requirements,
servicing of our vehicles and pray. And, once we pray, we can put a half
fit vehicle on the road and blame our step mother or mother in law if
anything goes wrong.
That's why there are more people dying on our roads.
Because, we pray and fast and leave everything to God when God has
given us all we need to survive and build a nation.......
I hope it made sense to you.
Yours truly, Hakeem
Bro I wish there’s a more polite way of putting this to you but you’ve typed trash.
I’m glad you’re not part of those brain washed by the ills you’d feel is plaguing the country so the question is what are you doing to make your country great America Britain that most look up to were strong Christian nations and we can argue it got them to where they’re now.
Religion is only part of the problem.
Everyone has their self to blame don’t blame it on the next man Femi Falana is a rich lawyer why isn’t he described as philanthropist Lawyer, don’t be among those pointing fingers and make a change.
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Synthase(m): 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2017
Laqrinafrica:

you be mumu.. it seems you don't know who Mr falana is .... please ask and ask more about pro bono service also ask how much he helps the masses .

Greater mumu, you know about d pro bono services falana is rendering to the masses but your bias and jealous mind fail to give benefit of doubts to pastor Adeboye too perhaps he is also helping the 'masses' on his own way.
To the topic and also the potential hypocrites cum terrorist scribbling rubbish on this thread...
Falana gbo ti e!
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Mccollins042(m): 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2017
KENZINCO:
If only some of the people who are talking non sense here can just name 5 people who falana has taken out of poverty b4 now.
He was Fela's lawyer , did he even advice fela to use his money to help people out of poverty apart from spending it on women and weeds ?
if you listen to fela's musics you would be wiser than this.... fela is a prophet
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Mccollins042(m): 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2017
uyplus:
Well said! Out of the top 10 richest pastors in the world, 6 are Nigerians! Out of the top 21 best economies in the world, Nigeria is not on that list! Isn't that enough evidence to prove that Nigerian pastors are busy enriching themselves at the expense of their worshippers? They tell you to pay tithe, yet the greatest commandment Jesus told us to follow is LOVE. Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, sand Love your neighbor as yourself! Nigerian pastors must stop feeding fat from tithes because tithing isn't biblical! It was meant for the Levites! We aren't practicing Judaism! In Norway there are about 35 churches in total, in Denmark, about 47churches, yet they are prospering! 20years ago, Nigeria was on par with South Korea, a Buddhist nation, now look at where they are and look at where we are. I am a Christian, and if I have a way to ban proliferation of churches in Nigeria, I will gladly do it! Now every dick and Harry will open a church, saying God called him! Isn't God calling people in Western, Eastern, Southern and Northern European countries? Why is God only calling Africans? There has to be something wrong somewhere!
brother your reasoning is top-notch, the westerners brought Christianity to us but we now have more churches and we now claim to have a better understanding of the bible
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Bonaventura(m): 7:08pm On Nov 11, 2017
roqrules04:
Someday the Poor will have nothing to eat but the Rich
Tupac Amaru Shakur in Kendrick Lamar's Mortal Man

2 Likes

Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by 400billionman: 7:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
sdindan:
Though ember months for the business men of Gad grin

Nigerians are wiser now.

Hunger don't sama Nigerians under APC nah.

No more, giving your rent and school fees.
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by 400billionman: 7:19pm On Nov 11, 2017
majekdom2:
A pastor is blessed by resources of his church members given freely by the members. politicians are blessed by the resources meant for the nation, the poor inclusive by extortion, fraud and theft. I am not surprised, Nigerians are known to channel their energy on the wrong cause!

You have not met men who threaten and extort their members.

Let me assume, you are Naive...
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2017
400billionman:

You have not met men who threaten and extort their members.

Let me assume, you are Naive...
really. Did they point gun? Tell me more
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by eflintsone(m): 7:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
nzeobi:
rich lawyer how are you helping the poor. everyone now criticizes pastors and the church just to stay relevant.

why not attack Muslim who rather than invest their savings back in Nigeria, take it to foreign land annually to go and pray.
where the sense here in all u jus said ... the church is meant to take care of the poors sir ... you and i know that
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by waldigit: 7:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
the24lukpost:
Human rights Lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) denounced the rate of destitution and joblessness in the nation, notwithstanding the presence of very rich person Christian leaders.

Falana at the continuous Lagos Book and Arts Festival (LABAF) holding in Opportunity Stop, Lagos, went after Nigerian pastors, blaming them for draining their attendees.

The lawful illuminating presence considered how the vast majority of them lived in so much opulence however neglected to offer back to the general public.

He likewise taunted General Administrator of Recovered Christian Church of God, Minister Enoch Adeboye, for saying RCCG will have whatever number branches as could be expected under the circumstances.

Falana lambasted Adeboye and different ministers who want to increment branches, rather than concentrating on different establishments like schools and healing facilities.

His words: "The vast majority of the wealthiest ministers on the planet are from Nigeria, yet our kin are getting poorer.

"On the off chance that a large number of us had not gone to mission schools worked by the Catholics and the Anglicans… however what are we fabricating now? What are our houses of worship giving us?

"They are promising to manufacture houses of worship in each road. Every one of the stockrooms in Apapa worked by Awolowo have all progressed toward becoming holy places and business focuses."

Review that Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie as of late condemned Adeboye's remark, expressing that there is no Purity in expanding church branches.

"I heard that one of my associates, (Minister Enoch) Adeboye, said that he would love to build churches wherever in order to make it simple for worshipers to walk to them

Source: http://the24luk..com.ng/2017/11/rich-ministers-disregarding-poor-falana.html
I know since like a decade ago that this prosperity thing will get to this.
Where we got it wrong all of us church inclusive is with this idea of individual wealth against common wealth. Our core value is still primitive when it comes to perception of wealth. Many of our leaders still hold on to agrarian age wealth perception - an aftermath of neo colonisation.
I owe Trump that one when he says many African nations should be recolonised.

2 Likes

Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by birdsview(m): 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2017
JamesReacher:
You a fool.
not just a f*** .a big one for that matter
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by 400billionman: 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
majekdom2:
really. Did they point gun? Tell me more

Did the politicians point gun at you b4 embezzling your money ?

In both cases, it's your money entrusted to someone and it gets diverted to personal use.

The churches should be building FREE schools and hospitals.

Not private jets and fast cars.
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by shine12: 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2017
Nigeria is the only place in the world where a factory that employed 200 people will be closed down and replaced with a church where 100 people will come too and pray for a job.

3 Likes

Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by awuf2008: 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Adeboye is baba criminal
You need to get your head examined immediately.
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Hakeem12(m): 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2017
aku626:

Bro I wish there’s a more polite way of putting this to you but you’ve typed trash.
I’m glad you’re not part of those brain washed by the ills you’d feel is plaguing the country so the question is what are you doing to make your country great America Britain that most look up to were strong Christian nations and we can argue it got them to where they’re now.
Everyone has their self to blame don’t blame it on the next man Femi Falana is a rich lawyer why isn’t he described as philanthropist Lawyer, don’t be among those pointing fingers and make a change.
Well, if only you could read and understand. I'm not blaming religion, I'm blaming our over reliance on it. I'm not saying our practise of religion isn't right, but we have been made lazy by it and avoided some practical ways of finding solutions to some problems we could solve entirely without involving religion. I don't care about falana or Pastor Adeboye. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone.
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Lumig: 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2017
nzeobi:

This is one of the ways, by not keeping quiet as some of us are doing
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by sirugos(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
GREATESTPIANIST:
mumu
why calling me mumu dear? Anyway thank u
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by odimbannamdi(m): 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2017
Hakeem12:
After independence, in order to build a great nation, each country went to
work. But in Nigeria, after independence, our people went to pray and
fast.
So, while we were praying, Malaysia came here and took our palm
seedlings and built a great factory of it.
While we were praying, Singapore went into investment in technology.
While we were praying, India went into ICT.
While we were praying, China went to massive industrialization.
While we were shouting Allah Alakuba! UAE went into massive
infrastructural development.
While we were binding and casting Lucifer, Japan went into technological
development.
While we were speaking in tongues, Denmark went into education of her
citizens.
While we were mounting big speakers in our places of worship, USA was
mounting man on the moon.
After our prayers, God, being a wise God decided to reward us according
to our labour.
Since those that went into industrialization, technology, infrastructural
development, ICT, education etc have been rewarded accordingly. It's
only wise God rewards us with our efforts in prayers.
That's why today, Nigerian pastors are competing in building the biggest
churches. That's why there are more prayer houses and worship places
than hospitals and schools. That's why people rush to prayer houses for
medical and business solutions instead of hospitals.
That's why we don't do business proposals before jumping into business
since we are going to back it up with prayers. And when it collapse, we
blame devil.
That's why it's a sin to say anything negative about pastors and imams.
That's why our pastors don't consider the opinion of engineers while
building and blame devil when building collapse.
That's why faith in God replaces building pillars and when it collapse we
blame it on Lucifer.
That's why our pastors are making sure they plant church branches
instead of schools in every streets in Nigeria.
That's why we always wait for God to do that which ability to accomplish
he has already handed over to us.
That's why we want our teachers to labour on earth and go to heaven for
their rewards.
Nigeria is a prayer loving, God fearing nation. Religion has taken the
place of technology, infrastructure, education and all.
When we are traveling, we ignore all the necessary road requirements,
servicing of our vehicles and pray. And, once we pray, we can put a half
fit vehicle on the road and blame our step mother or mother in law if
anything goes wrong.
That's why there are more people dying on our roads.
Because, we pray and fast and leave everything to God when God has
given us all we need to survive and build a nation.......
I hope it made sense to you.
Yours truly, Hakeem

true
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 11, 2017
400billionman:

Did the politicians point gun at you b4 embezzling your money ?

In both cases, it's your money entrusted to someone and it gets diverted to personal use.

The churches should be building FREE schools and hospitals.

Not private jets and fast cars.
free ko free ni. Your post made no sense. The followers of pastors that make threats to collect money are silly. This thread is against Adeboye, a man people freely give to not a pastor that threaten. You will be silly to think Good education and health care is free. Why are MIT, Havard and the rest called ivy league. Don't worry, ASUU will keep on with the strikes, the public schools will keep lossing value since your type think there is really free education in 2017.
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by OtemSapien: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2017
kuntash:
Dear Christ believers , please hold on to your faith o ..

The perilous era you probably have been taught or read about na dem you dey see so o ..

Very soon the internet would be so agog with that which would almost sniff life out of the propagation of God's word ..

Outright condemnation of men of God,

Challenging God's work

Postulating so many scientific instances ..

Pls make una hold on fast ... The era of the holy spirit na im we dey so , pls seek him and let him be your guide , ..

grin which time has revolution not happen before? Whenever something is getting worst, revolution comes. That's what you are seeing and your bible, being written by some wise guys, knows that a time of revolution will come and they are right. In the year 2625, your religion will be at the barest minimum while brain users would have multiplied and skyrocketed. Even you will see it in your afterlife and shake your head, feeling sorry for the bible and your religion. Hmm.

1 Like

Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by OtemSapien: 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
Tundeobama:
. Pastors pay personal income tax like every other person does mosques pay tax?why do you expect church to pay
Personal income tax from which business? undecided
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by sinceraconcept(m): 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2017
kingthreat:

Go and read about Gani, you dumbnut
why do you have to compare them? what can you do or have you done to liberate people or make your country a better place? at least Falana is doing something
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by dotedote: 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
PRIVATELY ?
jared007:
Its fellow "christians" that persecute MOG publicly? Wouldnt it ve been better if Falana had brought suggestions to the pastor privately?
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by uyplus(m): 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2017
aku626:

Point out the trash in his write up pls? Don't attack the messenger, attack the message! Defeat his argument with superior logic, that's if you have any! People get so emotional about religion, thinking manna will fall from heaven! No Nigerian church is a donor agency for public health projects, yet non Nigerian firms, owned by aethist CEOs like Bill gates are sending millions of dollars to Africa to help combat preventable diseases like polio, measles, Diphtheria! Not that rubbish in the name of outreaches! Pastoring is a call to mission and not a call to amass wealth! Jesus borrowed a colt, which is way lesser than a donkey to make his triumphant entry into Jerusalem, yet pastors these days are flying in private jets and living large off their worshippers! No church in Nigeria should have more than 1 branch! Please counter any of the salient points he has raised, so I can see how intelligent and smart you are!

2 Likes

Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by dirtyhokage(m): 8:53pm On Nov 11, 2017
nzeobi:

Lool and you got 130 likes for this? So christains don't go for pilgrims too....?
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by CloudResident(m): 9:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
Naked truth is like live wire.
Only the truthful dare hold it! undecided
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by bionixs: 9:21pm On Nov 11, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Shoutout to Ibeyomie, that Port-Harcourt pastor that copied Oyedepo and Adeboye's strategy perfectly in Rivers State.

If your church has a founder's day, and the Man of God on the signboard, Jesus is the background.
don't go and work hard bro. Na hate go kill you and keep you under your mates
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Hussainmaaji: 9:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
nzeobi:

So you always feels hurt anytime Muslims are going for religious duty in Saudi? Hope Christian too are going to Jerusalem more so they Christian invest their saving to America, UK Germany don't you know? This you na jealousy on Muslims will never end.
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by bionixs: 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
iamJ:
na why we no dey progress

The church and the law which one is supposed to take care of the poor?

#No Filter Attitude
where did whatever you read say that Adeboye and Oyedepo should care for ALL the poor? Is it a crime not to give what you have to whom you don't feel like giving. Since January, how many beggars have you helped in the street? Or don't you meet them every day? How much have you given to them and how much do you spend on women and beer? Shouldn't change start from you? They don't owe anybody anything. Tell your government to pay you your entitlement, that one is our right. No forces anyone to go to church. Why is it that those who don't pay tithe like dictating who should benefit from it Oga.! Answer please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / Pastor Adeboye At Glory Dome For Dunamis' 25th Anniversary (photos/video) / Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.