Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Ask Kingreign - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ask Kingreign (9507 Views)

Kingreign, Heavenly Bang,timifakay And Your Likes..get In Here. / Kingreign Shares Wedding Pictures!! / Who Says you can’t Replace A Deployed Airbag - kingreign Just Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Kingreign by AmandaLuv(f): 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2017
kingreign:

G500, Armada, LX470, Land cruiser, range rover. Land Rover discovery 2 and 3, Lincoln navigator, Ford expedition, etc. The list are endless.

They're big full sized SUVs with Big V8 engines
Tnx for the stated sir. I'v taken note of the SUV's but my question was about cars/sedan.
Most especially toyota. any specific make known for high fuel consumption?
Does siena happen to be amongst them?
Re: Ask Kingreign by kingreign(m): 9:14pm On Nov 14, 2017
AmandaLuv:
Tnx for the stated sir. I'v taken note of the SUV's but my question was about cars/sedan.
Most especially toyota. any specific make known for high fuel consumption?
Does siena happen to be amongst them?

Really, Fuel consumption in vehicles are relatively term, what you may consider as fuel guzzler, another may consider as efficient.
Re: Ask Kingreign by ray48: 9:52pm On Nov 14, 2017
kingreign:

Really, Fuel consumption in vehicles are relatively term, what you may consider as fuel guzzler, another may consider as efficient.

But what about a Camry 2.4 i4. Is it really a fuel efficient car in general terms. I mean compared with most other sedans available in Nigeria?
Re: Ask Kingreign by kingreign(m): 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2017
ray48:

But what about a Camry 2.4 i4. Is it really a fuel efficient car in general terms. I mean compared with most other sedans available in Nigeria?

I'm not one to talk about fuel efficient cars, cos I don't give a damn about MPGs, all I need is powers powers and lots of them.

3 Likes

Re: Ask Kingreign by Emman7548: 9:57pm On Nov 14, 2017
A Sienna 2002 model has been showing check engine light for the past 5 to 6 months now with no obvious decrease in performance. D Mech said d light doesn't matter. What do u advise?
Re: Ask Kingreign by chukel(m): 6:24am On Nov 15, 2017
kingreign:

Not yet baba wink
oga, i have warned u on that project o. Coming this morning from work.
Re: Ask Kingreign by kingreign(m): 6:31am On Nov 15, 2017
chukel:
oga, i have warned u on that project o. Coming this morning from work.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

The purchase are going on smoothly almost everything purchased cheesy cheesy
That Airbag must become functional again smiley smiley
Re: Ask Kingreign by kingreign(m): 6:32am On Nov 15, 2017
Emman7548:
A Sienna 2002 model has been showing check engine light for the past 5 to 6 months now with no obvious decrease in performance. D Mech said d light doesn't matter. What do u advise?

Lose that mechanic. Get your car scanned bro
Re: Ask Kingreign by ify84(m): 9:29pm On Nov 15, 2017
kingreign:

Its a durable mid-sized sedan, it's balanced and very safe, it's good for long distance drives, avoid the I would had adviced you to avoid the turbo models but you're a DIY person, go for the choice you're comfy with.

This image below, is it part of the ' turbo models'... Someone is offering me at 200k, Nigerian used,...

Are the parts available, do they consume fuel, etc

Re: Ask Kingreign by kingreign(m): 9:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
ify84:

This image below, is it part of the ' turbo models'... Someone is offering me at 200k, Nigerian used,...

unfortunately, i cant answer your question because im not concened about fuel economy, and im not conversant with volvo brands
Re: Ask Kingreign by ify84(m): 10:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
kingreign:

unfortunately, i cant answer your question because im not concened about fuel economy, and im not conversant with volvo brands

Alright, thanks
Re: Ask Kingreign by OgaKazeem(m): 11:10pm On Nov 15, 2017
kingreign:

Is it ok to suggest Valarinz sir?
Re: Ask Kingreign by kingreign(m): 11:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
OgaKazeem:

Seek permission from NgcoboP first for he is the author of the thread.
Re: Ask Kingreign by praxisnetworks: 1:34am On Nov 16, 2017
kingreign:

Seek permission from NgcoboP first for he is the author of the thread.
It's your thread sir. Do as you like....
Re: Ask Kingreign by DUNKA(m): 5:19am On Nov 16, 2017
King reign welldone between a Tacoma and Hilux which makes sense in our Nigerian environment as a utility car?

Also which car/suv would you recommend for a working class woman as an everyday use vehicle?

Thanks
Re: Ask Kingreign by kingreign(m): 6:18am On Nov 16, 2017
He is free to come advice
OgaKazeem:

Re: Ask Kingreign by valarinz: 9:24am On Nov 16, 2017
OgaKazeem:

Na wa for u oo, this na old car na, have u ever seen me dealing with those?
Re: Ask Kingreign by nurey(m): 10:16am On Nov 16, 2017
ify84:

Very rugged car, most parts are tokunbo hard to come by new parts, enjoyed best if you are a DIY person.

This car has no crumple zone, it's better if you are slammed into, if you slam into someone, you will destroy the vehicle totally, I have seen this car hit cars at 60km/h and walk away, same can't be said for those it slammed into.

Also it's made from tough metal, so careful with the body as panel beating back to shape is almost an impossible task.

The rear wheel drive is a plus as the axle is good for carrying heavy load, atleast 1ton so it is rewelded often to a mini truck by those who know its use.

As a Nigerian used, you should hover the price not more than 150k though depends on how clean and who used the specimen you want to buy.

This car is also known as gboyaminu (dust off stress) grin it's a reliable car

1 Like

Re: Ask Kingreign by 3kay945(m): 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2017
My Mecho said my Rav4 '02 catalyt (locally name Biscuit etc) is missing. HE said the engine sound isnt that cool to him. grin when i asked him of what benefit will that be? He mentioned fuel economy and cool sound. he is planning to put the local door net though i havent agreed to that.
So, what is the cost of this catalyst if truely its missing?
kingreign:
He is free to come advice
nurey:

Very rugged car, most parts are tokunbo hard to come by new parts, enjoyed best if you are a DIY person.

This car has no crumple zone, it's better if you are slammed into, if you slam into someone, you will destroy the vehicle totally, I have seen this car hit cars at 60km/h and walk away, same can't be said for those it slammed into.

Also it's made from tough metal, so careful with the body as panel beating back to shape is almost an impossible task.

The rear wheel drive is a plus as the axle is good for carrying heavy load, atleast 1ton so it is rewelded often to a mini truck by those who know its use.

As a Nigerian used, you should hover the price not more than 150k though depends on how clean and who used the specimen you want to buy.

Re: Ask Kingreign by ify84(m): 3:15pm On Nov 16, 2017
nurey:

Thank you for your time and analysis. Helpful
Re: Ask Kingreign by davit: 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
Kingreign where are you based? Your digit please!
Re: Ask Kingreign by praxisnetworks: 5:15pm On Nov 16, 2017
nurey:

What is the name of this car?
Re: Ask Kingreign by nurey(m): 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
praxisnetworks:
What is the name of this car?
Volvo 700 series 198X to 1992
Re: Ask Kingreign by nurey(m): 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2017
3kay945:
My Mecho said my Rav4 '02 catalyt (locally name Biscuit etc) is missing. HE said the engine sound isnt that cool to him. grin when i asked him of what benefit will that be? He mentioned fuel economy and cool sound. he is planning to put the local door net though i havent agreed to that.
It's either you buy a replacement catalyst which hovers around 30k and replace or weld your exhaust straight and fix catalyst defouler to fool the ECU from triggering Oxygen sensor codes

1 Like

Re: Ask Kingreign by kingreign(m): 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
davit:
Kingreign where are you based? Your digit please!

Abuja, 07034581213
Re: Ask Kingreign by kingreign(m): 7:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
3kay945:
My Mecho said my Rav4 '02 catalyt (locally name Biscuit etc) is missing. HE said the engine sound isnt that cool to him. grin when i asked him of what benefit will that be? He mentioned fuel economy and cool sound[b]. he is planning to put the local door net though i havent agreed to that.[/b]
@ bolded, don't allow him try this. Cats are expensive generally ranging from as low as 10k to 500k depending on vehicle. For your RAV4, budget circa 20-30k
Re: Ask Kingreign by bdon123(m): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2017
pls connect me with a very good AC technician at Abuja or Kaduna who has Refrigerant recovery unit or a vacuum Pump.
Re: Ask Kingreign by 3kay945(m): 10:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
kingreign:

@ bolded, don't allow him try this. Cats are expensive generally ranging from as low as 10k to 500k depending on vehicle. For your RAV4, budget circa 20-30k

nurey:
It's either you buy a replacement catalyst which hovers around 30k and replace or weld your exhaust straight and fix catalyst defouler to fool the ECU from triggering Oxygen sensor codes

Thanks Boss, but how am I sure the cat has not been replaced with such a thing he planned to use by former kazeem? Cos I don't think the vehicle consume fuel.
Besides, what is the likely consequences if he use the 'door net' in the exhaust? Thanks once again, am learning fast!
Re: Ask Kingreign by autologic: 11:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
3kay945:

Thanks Boss, but how am I sure the cat has not been replaced with such a thing he planned to use by former kazeem? Cos I don't think the vehicle consume fuel.
Besides, what is the likely consequences if he use the 'door net' in the exhaust? Thanks once again, am learning fast!
Door net will gather the carbon from the exhaust and in no distance time the carbon will accumulate on the net and form a thick substance that will cause restriction on your exhaust .Restricted exhaust can knock your engine in extreme cases.
Advice :
1.Leave your exhaust as it is if you don't have money yet to buy the real catalyst
2.Don't patronise " ladipo made catalyst"
3.Flee from that kazeem that want to destroy your engine !

1 Like

Re: Ask Kingreign by DUNKA(m): 4:41am On Nov 17, 2017
King reign welldone between a Tacoma and Hilux which makes sense in our Nigerian environment as a utility car?

Also which car/suv would you recommend for a working class woman as an everyday use vehicle?

Thanks
Re: Ask Kingreign by praxisnetworks: 5:06am On Nov 17, 2017
DUNKA:

Thanks
Kingreign.
Re: Ask Kingreign by kingreign(m): 6:19am On Nov 17, 2017
DUNKA:
I'd take the Tacoma cos of its more powerful engine, it's more upscale looks and handling.

Thanks
her budget, her body size, her intended everyday usage, her terrain ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / How Do You Know That Your Radiator Is ''expired''? / Which Do You Prefer ? The Venza Or Rx 350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.