Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,527 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending (40819 Views)

Rain Destroys Million-Naira Wedding Reception (Video) / Interior Decorator Disrupts A Wedding Reception Over Nonpayment Of Balance / Billionaire Wedding Reception In Dubai, See What They Served On Each Table. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Siddeek: 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
delzbaba:
why would you name your child jihad??
E pain u I guess grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Fourwinds: 5:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
stonemasonn:
Na you sabi...
You didn't advise Buhari on his daughter's wedding.

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Throwback: 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
Atleast he is not a hypocrite like Buhari.

Akintola chose to fall on his own sword.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Aawizdom(m): 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
I love this.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Fourwinds: 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
dabeto:
Poverty can make a man become very very principle and harsh to himself cheesy
who told you he is poor? this is a millionaire ...nonsense talk

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Glocal1: 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
Aldebaran:
Sodiq Oyeleke

http://punchng.com/activist-prof-ishaq-akintola-shuns-daughters-wedding-reception-says-its-wasteful-spending/

This is what has been holding back so many bachelors from getting married. The craving for societal wedding by the ladies has to stop. May God bless you Prof being an astute exemplar.

9 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by ivolt: 5:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
Self-conceited bitter father.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by ruffDiamond: 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
of all beautiful female Muslim names boku for quoran reach ..person just Sidon com dash JIHAD to im own daughter for name o..
see Yoruba man wet dey form
islamist ..
fundamentalist.
jihadist..
even the hausa-Fulani won't
recognize him as one..

when the chips are down.

mumu foming religion activist..

na da kain activism we need

abeg who get that meme of that baby picking his teeth make im borrow me ..
yeye
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by sluk(m): 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2017

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by crackhouse(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
Maybe his daughter and her husband borrowed money for this wedding and the man is ranting. Truth be told if the husband is rich enough for this kind wedding he won't lament.
The couple want to form rich couple but baba understood the consequences. Na him make am dey lament Make person no come beg am for food money later.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by TSO4U: 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
you're all entitled to your opinions
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Apina(m): 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
I just love people who do not speak from both sides of their mouth smiley

4 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by AskProf: 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
dabeto:

Our brains should be put to use.
Pls, note that I'm not a Moslem & never shall be...
The man in question is a University Professor, a Moslem, a very notable one at that. So, how dare you mention poverty?
While he may not be wealthy, he's certainly not poor. His action on this is based on his beliefs & teachings over the years.

I've read his article over his impending absence.

3 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
I go do pass this man. I hate party.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by ade95: 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
If my father in law to be, has the kind of mindset, I would very happy...... Money spent on parties generally in Nigeria is jaw breaking
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by olapluto(m): 5:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ishaq Akintola if you decide to run for president tomorrow, I can guarantee you at least one vote from me. Very principled man.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Edonojie007(m): 5:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Never Met This Man,but From His Comment,i Just Love Him.
And Some Mur0n Here Wont Get His Point; Stop WAISTFUL LIFE!...Simple.
Na Una As A Country No Get Money For The Whole World,na Una Waist Pass.
I Would Do My Marriage Little,and Use The Rest Coins To Develop The Bride Financially.

4 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by aribisala0(m): 6:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Illiteracy not poverty.

Not every educated person is literate.
This professor is an illiterate wallowing in ignorance and gross self-righteousness.
How is he illiterate? He said live within your means.

He said it is ok if you can afford it but it is wrong to borrow to do it ? What is illiterate about that?
From his Islamic pespective he categorically said it is not Haram so where is the self righteousness.

Honestly you are the one with comprehension challenges

If you have to beg or borrow to fund your wedding that is fake life

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Kulas: 6:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
This man is making valid points if the society can listen and take the advice.I have seen a scenario where a man has to go and borrow money to organise a weeding that attracts people,thereafter the man plunged into debts and unable to cater for the family.What is the essence of having lavish weeding if I may ask,when such money can be channeled into an everlasting investment and money yielding business.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Sirme411(m): 6:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
dabeto:

Remember When Buhari said The Federation's Account Was Empty....He Forgot to include Your Brain too

3 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Theakthedream: 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
delzbaba:
why would you name your child jihad??
Is she your child?

3 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Leez(m): 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
Aldebaran:
Sodiq Oyeleke

http://punchng.com/activist-prof-ishaq-akintola-shuns-daughters-wedding-reception-says-its-wasteful-spending/

afonjas are really loyal to their gambari masters
imagine naming ur child jihad undecided
smh

1 Share

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by dabeto: 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
AskProf:

Our brains should be put to use.
Pls, note that I'm not a Moslem & never shall be...
The man in question is a Moslem, a very notable one at that. So, how dare you mention poverty?
While he may not be wealthy, he's certainly not poor. His action on this is based on his beliefs & teachings over the years.

I've read his article over his impending absence.
[color=#006600][/color]
Please read his third reason and come back for discussion
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by sinceraconcept(m): 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
Wasteful spending for wedding is not allowed in Islam and I wonder who is teaching some Muslims this wasteful spending in vogue. only Sadaki that's given to the bride should be the largest part of the money. In Islam,you must give your bride a lot of money but some people have twisted it,they would waste money on musician,event centre and other nonsense and give the bride change as Sadaki
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by dabeto: 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
Sirme411:

Remember When Buhari said The Federation's Account Was Empty....He Forgot to include Your Brain too
[color=#006600][/color]
Interesting grin
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by sinceraconcept(m): 6:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
dabeto:
you are very foolish. is a professor poor? in Islam,we are not allowed to spend senselessly in wedding. you should rather give large part of the money to the bride. am Islamic wedding is supposed to be simple with no lewd music and lewd dances,no alcohol,etc

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by amazingspiderma: 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
Good example of how our leaders should live.

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by sinceraconcept(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
lawyer:
Very Foolish Logic undecided. A Wedding day is supposed to be a woman's happiest day and you only do it once in your life. Nobody is saying you should spend all your life savings on a wedding but at least do something that your daughter or wife would look back to and appreciate the Father or Husband. The food, drinks, aso ebi etc is only for one day but the memories last forever.
its not allowed in Islam. Islamic wedding must be simple and the money is advised to be spent on investment and you give large part of the money to your bride which we call saddika,she can invest with her sadakki or use it for whatever she likes and not waste it in one day rice,alcohol is not allowed,musicians encouraging people to dance lewd dances to encourage fornication. that is our own way,every religion with their own style
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by dabeto: 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
sinceraconcept:
you are very foolish. is a professor poor? in Islam,we are not allowed to spend senselessly in wedding. you should rather give large part of the money to the bride. am Islamic wedding is supposed to be simple with no lewd music and lewd dances,no alcohol,etc
[/color][color=#006600]
Thanks for the information. Only that I see others spend. Foolish Sorry o o grin
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by volo112: 6:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
“Nigerians love to live false life. The more you look, the less you see. They take loans and continue paying the loans for two or more years after the wedding

many marriages are on the verge of packing up because of this singular issue. imagine starting your marital life with debt. that is a no no no. If you can afford a lavish wedding because you are rich, good enough, but if you are on the ""God pick up my call"" prayer list, it is better you do it within your means. Even the Alakija wedding were millions was spent, people don't talk about it again. Another wedding will come up and break the record. it pays to apply wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by aribisala0(m): 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
Leez:

afonjas are really loyal to their gambari masters
imagine naming ur child jihad undecided
smh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bridal Shower Paint Party: Bride & Her Squad Go Into Painting Contest / Boyloaf Ebikabowei Weds Onyi Maris In Houston Texas (Photos) / Biker Arrives His Wedding In Style (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.