Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending (40820 Views)

Rain Destroys Million-Naira Wedding Reception (Video) / Interior Decorator Disrupts A Wedding Reception Over Nonpayment Of Balance / Billionaire Wedding Reception In Dubai, See What They Served On Each Table. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by isalegan2: 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
Cmoyor:
hmmmm.... cow tax? Yoruba people of sw go pay plenty tax b dat ooo

grin cheesy

Guyman02:
Alhaji sir, is it your wedding? angry
It's their day, let the couple decide as long as it doesn't cause a rift between them.

I know, right? I understand his own personal conviction but even for a serious principled woman who will hopefully get married only once in her life, I think the bride is entitled to a little celebration after the fatiha. I trust a Yoruba mother of the bride sha, she will do what she wants. . . and she did. grin
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by sinceraconcept(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
Spicycat:
This is an enlightened mined, kudos prof.
in Islam,wasteful spending is not allowed in marriage,instead,the money you would spend ,part of it should be used to invest and large part of it should be given to the bride as what we call Saddaki. She can do whatever she wants with the Saddaki,most brides use theirs for business. Islam doesn't encourage inviting musicians to come and sing lewd music that would make the wedding another point of meeting for fornication,no alcohol,etc or just renting big event centre,killing cows,etc just for a day wedding.
Blocking the road for wedding,even for praying are sins in Islam because you obstruct the passage of people.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by sinceraconcept(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
Solution4u0:
If all father can be like this man, l will be happy, if my fiance father can be like this man l will be very very very very happy
the man is strictly following the teachings of Islam
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by iammo(m): 6:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Illiteracy not poverty.

Not every educated person is literate.
This professor is an illiterate wallowing in ignorance and gross self-righteousness.

So you don't know the meaning of literacy and illetracy eyah.
Literacy: the ability to read and write.
Illetracy: the inability to read or write.

So how can a prof and a teacher be unable to read or write (illiterate)
Or how can someone be educated and not be able to read or write. Smh all these Kaduna public primary school alumni sef

3 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by iamclime(m): 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
If these points stated were Prof. Akintola's reasons for boycotting the wedding, I respect his position. I was in attendance at his Inaugural Lecture in LASU and I remember he made some of those points very clear. We all laughed at his proposition that there should be a Cow Tax for owambe parties but he made a lot of sense. And from my experience in Events Planning, I can say that peer pressure and the desire to please others have made many people run into debts while planning for weddings.

3 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by sinceraconcept(m): 6:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
dabeto:
[/color][color=#006600]
Thanks for the information. Only that I see others spend. Foolish Sorry o o grin
sorry for calling you foolish. Yoruba culture and maybe civilisation have made some Muslims to act stupidly in the name of marriage. this is exactly what Dr Abubakar Ali Agan preaches against every friday on radio. some people would waste money for a day wedding,spending millions and give their bride token,like 10k as Saddaki and of which according to Islam,the Saddaki that should be given to the bride should be one of the largest part of the money,other part of the money to be used to invest or give to those in need if your investment is enough for you instead of wasting it depending on your capability though. In a strictly Islamic wedding,the wife would collect her Saddaki and use it to invest
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by sinceraconcept(m): 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2017
dabeto:
[/color][color=#006600]
Thanks for the information. Only that I see others spend. Foolish Sorry o o grin
sorry for calling you foolish. Yoruba culture and maybe civilisation have made some Muslims to act stupidly in the name of marriage. this is exactly what Dr Abubakar Ali Agan preaches against every friday on radio. some people would waste money for a day wedding,spending millions and give their bride token,like 10k as Saddaki and of which according to Islam,the Saddaki that should be given to the bride should be one of the largest part of the money,other part of the money to be used to invest or give to those in need if your investment is enough for you instead of wasting it depending on your capability though. In a strictly Islamic wedding,the wife would collect her Saddaki and use it to invest most times or use it for something meaningful. some buy land,etc depending on the capability of the husband. even Islam encourages having your nikkah in the mosque,so you might not need event centre if you can't afford it. in Islam,you have to cut your coat according to your size
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Lumig: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
datopaper:
I seconded it.

Stop wasting money unnecessary
Not only wasting money, but borrowing money you don't have to satisfy vanities.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Leez(m): 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2017

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Caseless: 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
stonemasonn:
Na you sabi...

You didn't advise Buhari on his daughter's wedding.
apart from the nika'ah that held at aso rock mosque, which other events of the wedding did Buhari attend?

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by dabeto: 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
sinceraconcept:
sorry for calling you foolish. Yoruba culture and maybe civilisation have made some Muslims to act stupidly in the name of marriage. this is exactly what Dr Abubakar Ali Agan preaches against every friday on radio. some people would waste money for a day wedding,spending millions and give their bride token,like 10k as Saddaki and of which according to Islam,the Saddaki that should be given to the bride should be one of the largest part of the money,other part of the money to be used to invest or give to those in need if your investment is enough for you instead of wasting it depending on your capability though. In a strictly Islamic wedding,the wife would collect her Saddaki and use it to invest most times or use it for something meaningful. some buy land,etc depending on the capability of the husband. even Islam encourages having your nikkah in the mosque,so you might not need event centre if you can't afford it. in Islam,you havze to cut your coat according to your size
[color=#006600][/color]
Agree with you. Our penchant to be frivolous cut across several culture especially in the south. We should live by our means.

2 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by NabeelAbu: 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2017
I'll do the same. Kudos to him. Let's emulate him.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
You did right sir. Same thing I did at my wedding, when I told .y owanbe loving mother in law that i only wanted a parlor wedding she thought I was kidding . But luckily my father in law supported me , immediately after my wedding I was able to buy a house , got two cars for my wife and I . Now she sees the wisdom in my decision. The money she wanted to blow on the wedding she gave my wife. But I know a lot of people who still pay loans from their wedding. They have not achieved half of what I have but we collect the same salary. We need to stop trying to keep up with the Jones.

3 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2017
wow here goes my kind of person
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
You just an attention seeker...I bet in your real life you just a whimpering fella that looks to the ground when he walks. No one probably takes notice of you.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Illiteracy not poverty.

This professor is an illiterate wallowing in ignorance and gross self-righteousness.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by BlowBack: 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ugly bride
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by goodnews777: 8:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
Has he advised his colleagues from going to Mecca every Friday ? Is God only in Mecca that NIGERIANS spend billions of naira every year to wear white?
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by duality(m): 8:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
Is it not the MURIC man?... Mchweew he has no point
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by maasoap(m): 8:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
delzbaba:
why would you name your child jihad??
What is the meaning of jihad?
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by tishbite41(m): 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
see as dem dirty, afonja Muslim
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by maasoap(m): 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
dabeto:
Poverty can make a man become very very principle and harsh to himself cheesy

The father-in-law in question is a university lecturer, professor. A senior professor earns nothing less than 500k a month.
Now, are you sure you know the meaning of poverty?
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by maasoap(m): 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Illiteracy not poverty.

It is you, nothing to say.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by 8744Kin(m): 9:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
Congratulation and happy married life to my C in C emeritus. #QuranbyHeart
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by maasoap(m): 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
tishbite41:
see as dem dirty, afonja Muslim
[sub][/sub]
Your dad and mum are dirtier than them. Prove me wrong.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by isaacsegun(m): 9:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
ephraimlongkat:
hmmmm as the couple ugly so nahim dem still dey do wasteful spending. any way, on a second thought, may be dem dey cover up. lolss
i think say na only me observe it
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by tishbite41(m): 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
maasoap:
[sub][/sub]
Your dad and mum are dirtier than them. Prove me wrong.
can't share my parent's wedding photos on nairaland just to prove a lunatic wrong. go and quarrel with ur mate. am nt here to beef.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by mechanics(m): 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
That's true, some people will pretend they have enough on weddings but after the wedding, they will be paying loan of that wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by maasoap(m): 9:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
tishbite41:
can't share my parent's wedding photos on nairaland just to prove a lunatic wrong. go and quarrel with ur mate. am nt here to beef.
Predictable. If you were raised properly by your parents, you wouldn't come here and call people dirty on their wedding day just because they chose not to wear fancy dress. Bigoted tribalist. Animal.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Azam101: 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Illiteracy not poverty.

Hmmm! what you don't know is more than what you know
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Mypeople2(m): 9:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Valid points.But Prof, at least you would have gone to the wedding even if your clothes were not expensive .She just wanted you to be present at her wedding .
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by omoelerin1: 10:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
The man is a religious fanatic. He believe wedding reception is un -islamic. ,That is the reason for his absent.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
God bless this man. Anytime I raise issues of wasting money on frivolities, people see me as mumu. Don't do pass your pocket.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bridal Shower Paint Party: Bride & Her Squad Go Into Painting Contest / Boyloaf Ebikabowei Weds Onyi Maris In Houston Texas (Photos) / Biker Arrives His Wedding In Style (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.