Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending (40817 Views)

Rain Destroys Million-Naira Wedding Reception (Video) / Interior Decorator Disrupts A Wedding Reception Over Nonpayment Of Balance / Billionaire Wedding Reception In Dubai, See What They Served On Each Table. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by gabe: 1:43am On Nov 13, 2017
Didn't know principled people like this still exist in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by SamiraF: 4:48am On Nov 13, 2017
sinceraconcept:
in Islam,wasteful spending is not allowed in marriage,instead,the money you would spend ,part of it should be used to invest and large part of it should be given to the bride as what we call Saddaki. She can do whatever she wants with the Saddaki,most brides use theirs for business. Islam doesn't encourage inviting musicians to come and sing lewd music that would make the wedding another point of meeting for fornication,no alcohol,etc or just renting big event centre,killing cows,etc just for a day wedding.
Blocking the road for wedding,even for praying are sins in Islam because you obstruct the passage of people.

Nigerians forever taking panadol when there is no headache. The Saudi Arabian Muslims that are custodians of the Prophet's birthplace and teachings have the most lavish weddings in the world. Ishaq is just stingy. That is all
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by olarid01: 5:33am On Nov 13, 2017
SamiraF:

Nigerians forever taking panadol when there is no headache. The Saudi Arabian Muslims that are custodians of the Prophet's birthplace and teachings have the most lavish weddings in the world. Ishaq is just stingy. That is all

You see, that's the problem with you people. The fact that Saudi does it doesn't mean it is Islamic (after all, they are just human, they can err).
We are saying something is unislamic(based on the teachings of the prophet), what is my problem with Saudi?

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by maasoap(m): 8:05am On Nov 13, 2017
omoelerin1:
The man is a religious fanatic.
He believe wedding reception is un -islamic. ,That is the reason for his absent.
He has told us why. Does it matter how you interpret it, troublemaker?
“Let me make it abundantly clear, however, that society wedding is not haram and it is in order for those who have more than enough money to spend on it. But, I frown upon those who go out of their way to pose as if they are comfortable, even though they are suffering and smiling.

Your problem here is that you don't know the meaning of "not haram".
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by maasoap(m): 8:21am On Nov 13, 2017
SamiraF:

“Let me make it abundantly clear, however, that society wedding is not haram and it is in order for those who have more than enough money to spend on it. But, I frown upon those who go out of their way to pose as if they are comfortable, even though they are suffering and smiling.

“Secondly, I launched a struggle against wasteful spending a long time ago. I also made it a duty to publicly articulate strong objections to profligacy, both in public and private spending.

The funniest thing is that many of you will be praising wealthy Oyinbos like Warren Buffet for using non costly phones but when a blackman campaigns for frugality, you would automatically turn 180° and become hypocrites.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by mfm04622: 8:24am On Nov 13, 2017
lawyer:
Very Foolish Logic undecided. A Wedding day is supposed to be a woman's happiest day and you only do it once in your life. Nobody is saying you should spend all your life savings on a wedding but at least do something that your daughter or wife would look back to and appreciate the Father or Husband. The food, drinks, aso ebi etc is only for one day but the memories last forever.

He has done a modest weddings for 2 other daughters, how will others feel if he participate I an elaborate wedding for another?
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by omoelerin1: 11:04am On Nov 13, 2017
maasoap:

He has told us why. Does it matter how you interpret it, troublemaker?

Your problem here is that you don't know the meaning of "not haram".
The one that was actually held in his house is what he regards as 'societal wedding and not-haram'. Not the subsequent one which he refused to attend (Reception). He considers it as more or less western/Christian in nature.
I know him, he is a fanatic. Any way he is a prof. of Arabic/Islamic studies. No surprise at all.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by maasoap(m): 11:18am On Nov 13, 2017
omoelerin1:
The one that was actually held in his house is what he regards as 'societal wedding and not-haram'. Not the subsequent one which he refused to attend (Reception). He considers it as more or less western/Christian in nature.
I know him, he is a fanatic. Any way he is a prof. of Arabic/Islamic studies. No surprise at all.
"I know him, he is a fanatic". And just like that, we will believe you. Loser.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Cessa0(f): 10:26am On Nov 22, 2017
delzbaba:
why would you name your child jihad??

more reason why you should strive to know the true meaning of jihad and stop believing everything CNN and BBC says
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by delzbaba(m): 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2017
Cessa0:

more reason why you should strive to know the true meaning of jihad and stop believing everything CNN and BBC says
even if the meaning is holy,the use in this modern day has spoilt that.
Re: Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending by Cessa0(f): 8:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
delzbaba:
even if the meaning is holy,the use in this modern day has spoilt that.

it's "misuse" you mean

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bridal Shower Paint Party: Bride & Her Squad Go Into Painting Contest / Boyloaf Ebikabowei Weds Onyi Maris In Houston Texas (Photos) / Biker Arrives His Wedding In Style (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.