Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Muslim Activist Ignores Daughter’s Wedding Reception, Says It’s Wasteful [PICS] - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Muslim Activist Ignores Daughter’s Wedding Reception, Says It’s Wasteful [PICS] (518 Views)

Rain Destroys Million-Naira Wedding Reception (Video) / Billionaire Wedding Reception In Dubai, See What They Served On Each Table. PICS / Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Activist Ignores Daughter’s Wedding Reception, Says It’s Wasteful [PICS] by GistMeMore: 6:34am On Nov 12, 2017

Muslim activist and President of the Muslim Rights Concern, Prof. Ishaq Akintola, whose daughter Dr. Jihad Anjorin (nee Akintola) wedded Abdulganiy Anjorin, a lawyer on Saturday, reportedly shunned their wedding reception. According to him, though the reception had his approval, however his two daughters got married without holding reception which he sees as “lavish spending.”

Punch reports that the wedding ceremony had about 24 persons in attendance. Akintola who spoke to Punch’s correspondent, said;

“Let me state, ab initio, and for the avoidance of any doubt, that I love my daughter, the lucky bride. She is an obedient girl, highly disciplined. She has never been wayward and I have never had cause to reprimand her in any way. .

She is the ideal daughter any father would crave. My son-in-law too, Barrister Anjorin, meets all my dreams of a husband for my daughter. I launched a struggle against wasteful spending a long time ago. .

I also made it a duty to publicly articulate strong objections to profligacy, both in public and private spending. I have called on governments to impose cow tax on anyone who slaughters more than one cow for a ceremony. .

I have publicly condemned the aso ebi syndrome. I know how to spend any amount on the education of my sons and daughters, but I can’t see any reason why I should spend lavishly on their nikah.

Expensive weddings scare young men, keep them single and waste the ladies’ time. Society wedding is not haram and it is in order for those who have more than enough money to spend on it. .

But, I frown upon those who go out of their way to pose as if they are comfortable, even though they are suffering and smiling. Nigerians love to live false life. They take loans and continue paying the loans for two or more years after the wedding. This is what I detest. I do not hate rich people.”

https://www.gistmore.com/muslim-activist-ignores-daughters-wedding-reception-says-wasteful
Re: Muslim Activist Ignores Daughter’s Wedding Reception, Says It’s Wasteful [PICS] by Temidayo9(m): 6:37am On Nov 12, 2017
Truthful anyway
Re: Muslim Activist Ignores Daughter’s Wedding Reception, Says It’s Wasteful [PICS] by youngbravian(m): 6:46am On Nov 12, 2017
Israf has no basis in Islam.. *Kudos to the man*
Re: Muslim Activist Ignores Daughter’s Wedding Reception, Says It’s Wasteful [PICS] by KadunaMafia: 6:47am On Nov 12, 2017
But you attended Ganduje daughter's wedding and you didn't see it as wasteful. Mumu idiot
Re: Muslim Activist Ignores Daughter’s Wedding Reception, Says It’s Wasteful [PICS] by Darammliveth(m): 6:49am On Nov 12, 2017
His own humble opinion. Don't generalise it Alfa Akintola.

(1) (Reply)

Interns Needed For Orisun Tv And Isi Mbido Tv / 99 Pool Splash Hosted By Isaac Nice Loading... / Pretty Lady Melts Heart As She Serves As Best Man At Her Friend's Wedding In Bay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.