Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen (19893 Views)

What Was Stolen From You In School That You Still Remember And Sad ? / Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" / 1st Class Certificate Without Employability Skills Is A Disaster- Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:

We've done so. We are even planning to go to the radio station, but you know, the cost for radio broadcast is way too much for a student that just graduated after going through a lot. According to a friend, they pay 60k for a minute broadcast, we sure can't afford that but we'll go and see anyway. But for now, we need to keep broadcasting the message from WhatsApp group to Facebook and so on, the more reason why I'm asking the mods to help us spread the message on nairaland as well.

i dont get... if this certificate is that important go back to the school so they can issue another one. if not because nigeria is a useless country which i never hide to say, you would not be sounding so desperate tight now like your whole blood line depends on this certificate

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by Coldfeets: 6:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Why all this noise?

Why can't the damn certificate be replaced by the issuing shool?

Unless the victim is afraid of identity theft, I don't see why this should be a big deal.

Just walk into your school with your school identity card and police report, go the careers or records or admissions department and kick off the replacement procedure...

Well...

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by tgmservice: 7:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
LUGBE:

If you know the premium attached to a certificate, then you then such should be protected with the utmost importance ie, taken to the bank just like money shocked

Some of us here started acquiring certificates since 2008, and yet will continue. That same school you think that they don't issue certificate twice, many has gotten there's without noise. But with this thread here, it will be hard for this person to get his.
dont mind d guy let him be making noise worst thing he will pay heavy money to get another one no b d sch print am
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by Kokaine(m): 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Easier said than done. The school don't issue certificate twice no matter what. You are not the only one that knows about swearing affidavit and obtaining police report, if it was as easy as you outlined above, trust me there wouldn't be any broadcast whatsoever.

Anyways, thanks for your input.

That's true. But I suppose you don't know how delicate this particular issue is.
this is 2017 not 1917. a school will re issue a certificate

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by poposki33: 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Save A Soul: A Nairalander's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen

This happened to a brother of mine in ilorin. He graduated last month and was issued the certificate few weeks ago.

ANYBODY IN ILORIN SHOULD PLEASE HELP US SHARE THIS.

Moderators, please help us push this to front page. NYSC posting is starting in a week time and he'll be needing the certificate.

Please help. embarassed
Bro I would advice that you lobby/beg for it in another way because it was stolen and you cannot expect anyone with it to return it to the above Institutions for they might be afraid that it will turn against them

You should even beg/talk to the locals around
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by chineduemmao: 7:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
BruncleZuma:
Abeg go back your University go collect another copy...you be first class you suppose get clout.

This is for Oxford...
https://www.ox.ac.uk/students/graduation/certificates?wssl=1
see as onyibo tin jus de simple-- if e loss pay £30 come collect another one, 4 here comon WAEC u no fit get replacement. Africa una own worse pass aswear!

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by BruncleZuma: 7:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
chineduemmao:
see as onyibo tin jus de simple-- if e loss pay £30 come collect another one, 4 here comon WAEC u no fit get replacement. Africa una own worse pass aswear!

Simple and fast because the know shít happens...
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by Adezzy007: 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
WHY all this noise get police report and take it to school for new certificate or statements of result. You will only need to pay nairalanders can't help you in this situation. Normally I don't really comment but I see you wasting time here best of luck bro.
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by arrestdarrester: 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2017
obicentlis:

Fat lie, a minute of broadcast can't cost more than 10k.

Mind you, I'm in the system.

You are in which system? Do they have a uniform rate in the industry? Ordinary radio broadcast in Lagos by some FM stations will wow you if you know how much they charge. By the way I know the OP is not talking about a one-off announcement here
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by oweniwe(m): 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:
.... [

Why didn't you scan and upload them to your email?

I used a phone with good camera to snap my certificates and store in my mail boxes... Gmail and yahoo.

If I want to go anywhere, I don't have to carry my certs with me... Just go computer shop and print them out

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by lazygal: 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:

They will be going to the University Senate tomorrow to report. What we heard, however was that from previous situation as this, nothing was done on their part. Nevertheless we are giving it a try.

Rilwayne my friend.. Na your issue? I pray Allah assist him..may it be easy for him.I pray in shaa Allah the certificate be found some where.
You won't know me I am always using different names on nairaland. But I greatly admire you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by Cannonleo(m): 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
Simple solutionbto avoid such issues like this, scan all your relevant documents you need to advance in life, save them to your mail, a cloud server service etc megadrive,dropbox,googledrive etc, third party paperless administrator like OneNote, evernote etc. So when such issues happen you know you have a backup you can reprint from

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by seunjungle1(m): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
He or she dey sleep ni?
Make sure you find ahm before I say something oo
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
LUGBE:
Stop making noise about it, just go to court and swear affidavit, proceed to Police to make entry and finally go to your school to follow procedure to get another certificate.

Is not everything you bother us in nairaland, people have more challenging problem still they resolve it without making it public.
at the same time you can keep quiet if you don't have anything meaningful to say
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by Ishilove: 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
Lugbe and hardbody, quit the deek measuring contest and let us hear word abeg.
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by Lastanza: 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
NEIGHBOUR:

There is no big deal about this. Just report at a Police Station; go and swear to an affidavit and take it to ur school. They will issue u another certificate. It can take time but you can request for a statement of result in case u need to use it urgently. There is no Nigerian Institution that will not issue another certificate to replace a lost one. Good luck.

Oga speak about what you know. Original certificates are generally irreplaceable, unless in a case where ur father na VC or ur connection strong like 5G network, which generally is against university ethics.
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by censeakay(m): 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
if the school does not issues certificate twice then go and forge another one
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by DreamSonInlaw(m): 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:

We've done so. We are even planning to go to the radio station, but you know, the cost for radio broadcast is way too much for a student that just graduated after going through a lot. According to a friend, they pay 60k for a minute broadcast, we sure can't afford that but we'll go and see anyway. But for now, we need to keep broadcasting the message from WhatsApp group to Facebook and so on, the more reason why I'm asking the mods to help us spread the message on nairaland as well.

Such msg on Radio are free (Station's CSR) it's not like you are doing Advertisment...hope someone returns it

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by ottohan: 8:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:

This happened to a brother of mine in ilorin. He graduated last month and was issued the certificate few weeks ago.

Moderators, please help us push this to front page. NYSC posting is starting in a week time and he'll be needing the certificate.

Please help. embarassed
you can collect statement of result from the school and use it fr NYSC...
Even use it to apply for jobs

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by oshe11: 8:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Please help. embarassed
He cn use his statement of result for NYSC

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by billyG(m): 8:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
which kind university issues cert not statement of result as soon as u grad,collect enter nysc?either u go collect another 1 u b 1st class dey will honor u or u report that thief to sango & giv him 2days ultimatum 2 return yur 1st class cert or thunder will fall on him or worst go 2 oluwole & get another one.
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by billyG(m): 8:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
aonag:

i dont get... if this certificate is that important go back to the school so they can issue another one. if not because nigeria is a useless country which i never hide to say, you would not be sounding so desperate tight now like your whole blood line depends on this certificate
haba na 1st class cert ooo!without it no employer will believe he went 2 d uni!even if he speaks bombastic grammer.
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by bizhop01: 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
[quote author=Sanguine post=62315221]Lol. I just could not help laughing at all the comments.
Anyhow, dear OP I'd advice you to advice your friend to forward this in a DM to Nathaniel Bassey on Instagram. Them go use your issue do prayer point. And I bet you'd be amazed at the miracle that would follow. Who Nairaland EPP?

No tell him to get power oil
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by sirBLUNT: 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
dat is y i love DROPBOX...he could hav jst smile and print it ryt away!
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by bizhop01: 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2017
arrestdarrester:

You are in which system? Do they have a uniform rate in the industry? Ordinary radio broadcast in Lagos by some FM stations will wow you if you know how much they charge. By the way I know the OP is not talking about a one-off announcement here

It happen in ilorin,you wan't go broadcast for lagos
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by Rilwayne001: 8:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
lazygal:

Rilwayne my friend.. Na your issue? I pray Allah assist him..may it be easy for him.I pray in shaa Allah the certificate be found some where.
You won't know me I am always using different names on nairaland. But I greatly admire you

Aww, thank you very much my dear sister. It's actually indirectly my issue as it happened to a very close brother of mine.

Thank you very much for you prayers, may Allah in His infinite mercy bless you and answer your prayers too. I truly appreciate your kind gesture.
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by Rilwayne001: 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Explorerx:
that was your certificate why are you lying thats it is a friend .I pray that you seek what you looking for

It's not mine, it just happened we are answering the same name. And the more why I took it upon myself is that the brother is so down and troubled about it.

Thanks for your prayer.
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by Rilwayne001: 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
Cannonleo:
Simple solutionbto avoid such issues like this, scan all your relevant documents you need to advance in life, save them to your mail, a cloud server service etc megadrive,dropbox,googledrive etc, third party paperless administrator like OneNote, evernote etc. So when such issues happen you know you have a backup you can reprint from

I truly appreciate this.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by Killurself: 9:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ur certificate no be paper, then go and collect another one. Shikena
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by remsonik(f): 9:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
LUGBE:
Stop making noise about it, just go to court and swear affidavit, proceed to Police to make entry and finally go to your school to follow procedure to get another certificate.

Is not everything you bother us in nairaland, people have more challenging problem still they resolve it without making it public.

No school gives a certificate twice. After all this things you have posted is done the only thing he will be given is a "to whom it may concern " and not all organisations especially international ones take that!
Re: UNILORIN Graduate's B.Sc First Class Certificate Was Stolen by MezieFresh: 9:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
Really heart felt story..

I think the first step should be reporting to the senate....that's key...you never can tell..

I suggest you do that Asap.

Cus am wondering why they cant issue a paper document twice..

That's a great feat in Architecture!

Its well....I pray all works out well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams / Unuversities Increase Tuition Fees, Offer Discount For Children Of Workers / Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.