Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,954 members, 7,799,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) (1375 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Gold(m): 2:21pm On Feb 22, 2007
Entry Form Closed (Heaven Citizen)

Has established by the Bible the approved number of the citizen of the Kingdom of God

is 144,000 All are saint.

Well if this is so, then what are we expecting when the rapture take place?

So I feel we should relax a little and consider this one life on earth.
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by amb962(m): 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2007
shocked boy, wat do u mean by dat and who says dat the number of people going to heaven is 144,000.00. please donot make the mistake to beleve dat.
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Gold(m): 12:46pm On Feb 23, 2007
Do you also belief that Heaven shall come on earth?
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by lafile(m): 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2007
@Gold
Yours is an interesting theory. can you please expound on this?
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by mrpataki(m): 3:15pm On Feb 23, 2007
This must be a Jehovah Witness
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Seun(m): 3:20pm On Feb 23, 2007
When the book of Revelations was written, 144,000 seemed like a very large number. That's why John chose it.
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by trinigirl1(f): 3:44pm On Feb 23, 2007
Jehovah Witness self! Every Sunday pressing my intercom and annoying me to come to the front gate angry
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by mrpataki(m): 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2007
trini_girl:

Jehovah Witness self! Every Sunday pressing my intercom and annoying me to come to the front gate angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Actually I have a well stationed dog for my own case. Try get one too cheesy
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by syrup(f): 9:14pm On Feb 23, 2007
Seun:

When the book of Revelations was written, 144,000 seemed like a very large number. That's why John chose it.

Well, there were other ways of expressing numbers greater than that:

Revelation 9:16
'And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.'

That's 200,000,000 - which is by far more than 144,000 by a difference of 199,856,000.
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by lafile(m): 10:25am On Feb 26, 2007
@Seun
syrup:

Revelation 9:16
'And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.'

That's 200,000,000 - which is by far more than 144,000 by a difference of 199,856,000.

Oops! there goes your theory. grin grin grin

@Gold
You run away?
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Ndipe(m): 10:34am On Feb 26, 2007
Those 144,000, erroneously claimed by some religious folks, like Jehovah's witness as the numbers of those who would go to Heaven is absolutely unBiblical. Read the link below.

http://www.gotquestions.org/144000.html
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Gold(m): 4:38pm On Mar 13, 2007
The 144,000 is not a limit to how many people will be saved, but rather is just a select group of Jewish believers called to proclaim God’s message during the end times.[quote][/quote]

Egbon if the above is correct then why are we still striving to get a ticket
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Seun(m): 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2007
After further research, it appears as if I am probably wrong since there were 1 million Christians in the first century:
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=320929
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by e36991: 8:53pm On Apr 05, 2010
Gold:

Entry Form Closed (Heaven Citizen)

Has established by the Bible the approved number of the citizen of the Kingdom of God

is 144,000 All are saint.

Well if this is so, then what are we expecting when the rapture take place?

So I feel we should relax a little and consider this one life on earth.

@Post

Heaven is the honeymoon for Christ and the Church

Yall coming back, down to earth
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by streetwize(m): 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2010
oh lord plese put up the whole chapter and I will explain it to you. Kai
I know its about the jewish guys that will rise up and testify AFTER the rapture sef. . . and they wont even be the only christains sef theyll jus be a select group of testifiers or somethin abeg post d verse jo.
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 05, 2010
Christians need the holy spirit for interpretation skills.
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Mudley313: 12:56am On Apr 06, 2010
toba:

Christians need the holy spirit for interpretation skills.

smh. after, mr. davidylan will open his mouth to label others as "confused"
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Fhemmmy: 2:06am On Apr 06, 2010
That same passage in the bible said, and i see multitude of people . . . . .
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:19am On Apr 07, 2010
I know some guys at the immigration who swear they can get you a fake passport/VISA into heaven (for a small fee) grin
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Fhemmmy: 6:18pm On Apr 07, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

I know some guys at the immigration who swear they can get you a fake passport/VISA into heaven (for a small fee) grin

They cant even get you a visa to USA, not to talk of heaven
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Image123(m): 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2010
e36991
Go and get a complete Bible, you can even download it for free. The gist doesn't end on earth
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by karo93: 11:49pm On Apr 07, 2010
rev.14.4
these are the ones who were not defiled with women for they are virgins. these are the ones who follow the lamb wherever he goes these were redeemed from among men being FIRST-FRUITS to God and to the lamb.

they are the FIRST,not the only ones.
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by e36991: 12:23am On Apr 08, 2010
Image123:

e36991

Go and get a complete Bible, you can even download it for free. The gist doesn't end on earth

@Image123

Was that a sting of sarcasm or my imagination

It is more blessed to give than to receive.

. . . The gist doesn't end on earth?

Whats that suppose to mean (i.e. . . . The gist doesn't end on earth?)

References below off KJV

Revelation 21:1:

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Isaiah 65:17:

For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.

2 Peter 3:13:

But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells

Matthew 5:5:

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Psalm 37:11:

But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Image123(m): 8:18am On Apr 08, 2010
If you read the complete of those books you mentioned, especially Peter and Revelation, you'll have noticed that this earth does not continue forever. The gist doesn't end on earth friend. And a new earth should suggest to you what it says, a new earth
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by e36991: 7:20pm On Apr 08, 2010
Image123:

If you read the complete of those books you mentioned, especially Peter and Revelation,

you'll have noticed that this earth does not continue forever.

The gist doesn't end on earth friend. And a new earth should suggest to you what it says, a new earth

@Image123

New earth? Tell us something else we dont know. No one was contesting there'll be a new earth . . .

My brethren, in essence, back to earth after the honeymoon at Heaven of the bride and Bridegroom . . .
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Fhemmmy: 8:48pm On Apr 08, 2010
e36991:

@Image123

New earth? Tell us something else we dont know. No one was contesting there'll be a new earth . . .

My brethren, in essence, back to earth after the honeymoon at Heaven of the bride and Bridegroom . . .

No marrying there, Sir
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by e36991: 9:41pm On Apr 08, 2010
e36991:

@Image123

Fhemmmy:

No marrying there, Sir

@Fhemmmy

Marry? Marriage would have gone past it's shelf life

Do angels marry?

I doubt the unperishable new bodies would have reproductive organs

Conundrum.

Are angels quantifiable? - but a third of the angels mutinied

Angels will be judged by us - Quickening spirits judging ministering spirits

What is the number of man to date from creation? . . .
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by Image123(m): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2010
What makes you to think that believers will be coming back to earth after heaven? I guess you need to read up the gist to the end. Don't you know this earth is going to be destroyed, or what are you on about? There's life after earth, the gist continues.
Re: Entry Form Closed (heaven Citizen) by e36991: 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
Image123:

What makes you to think that believers will be coming back to earth after heaven?

I guess you need to read up the gist to the end. Don't you know this earth is going to be destroyed, or what are you on about?

There's life after earth, the gist continues.

@Image123

Knee jerk responses, huh?

Retrace my posts. The koko for the umpteen time, there will be a new earth and heaven

and believers will be back to earth after the heaven honeymoon . . .

Who made mention of this earth? If you dont know why do you ask somebody

(1) (Reply)

Can You Decode This? / Whose Ideological Box Is Bigger? / The Many ‘sins’ Of Tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.