Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,332 members, 7,780,869 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:19 AM

A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (102986 Views)

Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. / Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Pearl05(f): 1:23am On Mar 17, 2018
Back2back update bomb.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by heemah(f): 6:47am On Mar 17, 2018
That laboratory delivery man is very stupid. Must you deliver it to someone else? Don't you have her number??
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by dupelomo777(f): 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
heemah:
That laboratory delivery man is very stupid. Must you deliver it to someone else? Don't you have her number??
Wallahi bah, he needs a knock on his head
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by kingzjay(m): 5:55pm On Mar 17, 2018
The delivery man is as useless as letter 'P' in Psychology.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by bekue(f): 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2018
Dat delivery man doesn't have a working brain at all, upon all the warning given to him... tufiakwa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Otuosowo(f): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
na wah oo, some writers will hurriedly start a story that will take them forever to conclude. this is not nice at all and most times nairaland stories are inconclusive. Is not by force to be a writer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Olabantu(m): 1:40am On Mar 21, 2018
Otuosowo:
na wah oo, some writers will hurriedly start a story that will take them forever to conclude. this is not nice at all and most times nairaland stories are inconclusive. Is not by force to be a writer.

U may be a little right, but i hope u know these writers have a life outside NL, they probably have a family, a business, a career, or an educational pursuit. Since they are human, they can fall sick, be emotionally down, tired and stressed out after the days work or get completely carried away by series of events in there lives. They are also confronted with what is called writers block, so at times, we just need to be patient.

6 Likes

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by cbella(f): 9:19am On Mar 21, 2018
Olabantu:

U may be a little right, but i hope u know these writers have a life outside NL, they probably have a family, a business, a career, or an educational pursuit. Since they are human, they can fall sick, be emotionally down, tired and stressed out after the days work or get completely carried away by series of events in there lives. They are also confronted with what is called writers block, so at times, we just need to be patient.

Thank you. You couldn't have said it any better.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 11:40pm On Mar 26, 2018

3 Likes

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 11:42pm On Mar 26, 2018

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
Otuosowo:

I apologize to you and all my fans who genuinely care about me...

I have been very busy...but I always finish my stories...just be patient biko...

2 Likes

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Jane1234f(f): 4:26am On Mar 27, 2018
Thank you for updating
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Schlastica16(f): 6:54am On Mar 27, 2018
thanks for the update
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by wizsolzy(m): 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2018
Hmmmm world people can carry uncertified news ehhhh undecided undecided undecided. Tolu

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by SleekHoyeen(f): 1:32am On Mar 28, 2018
Wow! I love this! Thumbs up Angelsss. #following
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by AndyGlobal: 7:53am On Mar 28, 2018
Tnx hun.
You're too much o
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by afolabiwunmi: 11:40am On Mar 28, 2018
Wow, kudos ma'am very interesting
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by kingzjay(m): 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
Wow!
Wonderfully scripted...

Ayineka amenam tutu. Abasi udiong fien
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by WHOcarex: 9:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
smiley
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 12:02am On Mar 29, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 12:04am On Mar 29, 2018
Damola observed Lila was not talking to either of their parents and it was queer, because she was the talkative one out of the three kids they had.
‘Where is Mmayen?’ He asked his mother.
‘Oh, Mma left to see one of her friends. I don’t think she has heard about this news like us.’ His mother concluded.
‘True, if she did, she’d come running and weeping.’ The old man smiled.
Damola almost blushed as he spotted a glint of an all knowing mischief in the old man’s eyes.
‘Relax, falling in love is not a bad thing.’ The man teased him.
‘I do love her father and I want to make her my wife someday.’ Damola couldn’t hold it in any longer. He had so many plans for her and all he wanted was a chance to prove his love.

Lila’s heart skipped as she gazed at the two monsters she called parents. When were they going to take off the sheep’s fur and reveal their true nature to their sons?
The chief and his wife exchanged glares after what Damola said.
‘Is there a problem? Do you guys have a problem with Mmayen as my future bride?’ He noticed the way his parents looked at each other.

Eniola was tongue tied; she didn’t know what to offer in return, so her eyes were fixed on her husband for the next step to do. Granted, this was not the best time, but confessions of terrible sins were not to be delayed else the sinner’s heart could become stonier than it already was.
The chief grasped the meaning of her stare and he knew it was time to tell their children the truth together.
He was about to speak, when Denzel returned with an angry look plastered all over his face.
‘What is it?’ Lila asked once he showed up.
‘I know who sent the thugs. It was not Iris Legacy.’
‘Don’t be so sad Mma, I am not too sure of this news myself. It could just be a rumour.’ Tolu was now filled with regrets; she had been too fast to share the news with Mmayen, knowing how emotional she could get.

‘But what if it’s not? Today has been such a bad day for me.’ Mmayen cried silently at the back of the cab they’d chattered towards the Oluwatosin mansion.
‘I don’t know. You need to be strong Mma; you need to be strong more than ever. You have to prepare yourself for the worst.’ Tolu reached for her hands and covered it with hers.
‘I know, I have so much to tell you, I came to your house for a reason...’ Mma licked her lips as she stared out the window, distracting her mind from the possibility of losing her darling to the cold hands of death.

‘Yes, tell me’ Tolu sensed it was serious.
‘I overheard Damola’s mother saying something about my father to her husband. That triggered my curiosity. As I pondered on her words, I realized that I never knew my father much; I was closer to my mother. I knew that he was a very playful person when he wasn’t studying or carrying out a research. But I never knew him deeply...’ she paused looking for suitable words to explain what she truly meant.
Tolu understood her, ‘You didn’t have a connection to your dad. To you, he was simply the “father”, the daddy figure who provides all your needs but is never there actually. He does not know when you are sad or happy or why you are sad or happy. He is just...nonexistent.

For some minutes, Mmayen stared at Tolu with admiration, she seemed to live in her mind.
‘How did you know this?’
‘I never had a deep connection with my father...’ Tolu blinked as tears gathered in her eyes.
‘I am sorry about that.’ It was Mma’s turn to comfort her.
‘So tell me about your father.’ Tolu asked.
‘I discovered something grave about him, from an old news agency which stores its contents online. My father lost his job when I was ten years old and that was when he started writing computer programs at home. He had a special lab where he experimented with computers, but I was oblivious of this.
He was sacked for sexually harassing his secretary. When I read that, I just brushed it off as an allegation with no evidence.
But I couldn’t brush this one off....’ tears stung Mmayen as she remembered for the first time what her father had done to her when she was ten years old.
‘Talk to me, what happened?’
‘He raped a twelve year old girl, he was arrested and released after six months. I believe that story because my father touched me in a certain way and when I frowned, he pulled his hands away.’ Mmayen confessed.
Tolu could feel her pain, ‘I am sorry about that.’
‘I know, I just hate him right now. I am quite sure my mother knew he was a monster, why did she put up with him?’ Mmayen felt so hurt and betrayed.
‘Mma, you have really gone through a lot in this life, but don’t let it weigh you down. That is the past, if you need to see a psychologist, then go ahead and talk to one, if that would make you feel better. I am sorry about your father’s bad behaviour.’ Tolu felt so worried about his latest discovery.

‘When I think about that fire now, the way it happened...it’d resembled a plan. Now I know the kind of person he was, he could’ve had lots of enemies.’ She wished she had all the answers.
‘Let it go Mma, you cannot control everything.’ Tolu repeated.
‘It’s not easy to let things go...let me face it, if truly Damola is gone, I don’t think I would let it go easily.’ She looked her friend right in the eye and announced this.
Tolu just smiled, she knew Mmayen had fallen for this guy already.
‘I liked his brother too, Denzel, but I had to let him go.’
‘Why?’ Mmayen asked.
‘Well, we need to know each other really well, before we rush into a relationship.’ Tolu returned.
“We don reach.” The cab driver announced as he pulled the grey Toyota by the gate that blocked the Tosin mansion from public view.
Tolu paid him off, the next minute; the girls were by the gate, pounding it hard like their lives depended on it.
‘Please don’t die.’ Mmayen held her breath as her knuckles hit the metal.
“What?” The family chorused.
It seemed everyone had been hoping that Iris was the one behind the attack.
‘They assured me Iris Legacy is not the one behind the attack.’ Denzel had disbelieved the man too, till things had been explained to him.
‘If that witch is not behind the attack, then who is? Her son?’ Lila waited for his reply as she had made Ife a solemn promise to pay him back, should his mother be behind the attack of her brothers.
‘It’s a terrorist group, “The Ammunitions”, it is rising not just in Tomato Island but in Southern Nigeria as well. They kill and maim people; they kidnap wealthy citizens and vandalize government property. The Police had received a strange call, they’d announced the attack days back but they’d seen it as a crank call hence tossing the threats aside.’ Denzel explained.

‘Their target was Damola, they wanted to take him down and steal his body under the guise of kidnapping. If they had succeeded, we would’ve paid heavy sums of money, thinking he was still alive and in their custody, only to be shocked at the end of the day. I believe them, Iris has too much on her plate right now to strike back at us.’
‘Are you serious? So they had that kind of information and they kept it to themselves? This country is really messy.’ Lila shook her head.
‘I see why they had been so quick to show up even before we were able to call them.’ Damola felt so disappointed.
‘Once again, the evil Iris Legacy escapes...’ the chief clicked his tongue.
‘You don’t get to call her evil! You are worse off!’ Lila released all the anger that she had been able to contain. Her voice was grossly pained as she yelled at her father. His hypocrisy was sickening.
Both brothers were shocked, why was their younger sister so rude to their dad?
‘Lila! Enough!’ Denzel tried to control her.
‘Leave her!’ The chief pushed his son gently away.
‘What dad? You enjoy the way she’s talking to you?’ Damola scoffed, he’d sensed a friction between Lila and their parents.
‘I am so sorry children...’ Eniola started in a shaky voice.
‘Sorry about what?’ Damola was uncomfortable seeing her cry.
‘Something is really off, both of you have been acting real funny.’ Denzel pointed a finger at them both.
‘We have to tell you something. We don’t care if you abandon us later, but you have to know the truth.’ The chief came in.
‘What are these people talking about?’ Damola sucked in a deep breath, wondering what this show was for.
Before he could say more, both of his parents fell on their knees.
‘I will not be a party to this strangeness. I have to rest now, do you mind?’ Denzel turned to Damola.
‘Wait bro, what they are about to tell us, is really important.’ Damola held him back.
The flood of naked truth was about to clear the earth of lies.
‘I was an average man, but I and your mother got greedy and decided to steal Engineer Brown’s programs, we made it ours and created more programs out of the one we’d stolen from him.’ The chief took charge of the confession.
‘What!?’ Damola hoped he was not dreaming.
‘That is Mmayen’s father, should I not be mistaken.’ He added.
‘Yes, he is the one.’ Eniola nodded.
Just then, the gate creaked as Mmayen and Tolu rushed in. They slowed in their steps as they spotted Damola’s parents kneeling on the floor, what was happening?
‘He is alive! He is alive!’ Mmayen rushed towards her lover, but she faltered in her steps as her body fell to the ground, when she head: ‘We killed Mmayen’s parents by setting the house on fire.’
THREE days later...
He was in the middle of the rose garden, soaked in tears, hands scribbling all what his brain could muster as he penned down the most heartfelt apology anyone could ever read.
He was ashamed of himself; he hated himself for all the things that he had done in the past.
‘Mmayen, I am so sorry’ his lips shivered as he thought of her, the woman he was meant to love but had pushed away for a trivial woman.
Now that things had changed, now that the river had changed its tide, Marian had abandoned him, she didn’t even care to give him a call and ask how things were going.
‘I guess I deserved it.’ Ife thought to himself.
Once he was done writing his letter, he ran his eyes briefly through it.
‘What are you writing in my rose garden?’ Iris breezed in.
‘A letter. Apology.’ Ife answered casually.
‘A legacy does not apologize.’ Iris pulled back a chair and sank into it.
‘Not in this case.’ Ife folded the paper neatly and dropped it into an envelope.
‘For the girl I suppose?’ Iris raised her brows, Ife nodded.

‘I know it must be difficult to adapt to our new reality of not being the “Legacy” family that we were before things changed. Your father is a coward whom I regret bedding. But I am working on something...’ she paused as Ife cut her short.

‘Tell me, mother, did you have anything to do with the attack on Denzel and Damola?’ Ife stared deeply into her eyes, he was not done mourning his friend, so he needed to be sure. He remembered the way Lila’s large brown eyes had accused him.
The corners of her mouth tightened as she stared right back at him, ‘You should be smart enough to answer that.’
Ife was not surprised by his mother’s reply; she always turned everything rhetoric.
‘You see...I have fought a lot of battles right when I could stand on my own. I came from the down low; I fought hard to create a name for myself, one that would last through the ages. One that would make people tremble once they heard of it, and I think I accomplished that dream. But in all of my planning, I failed to treat what was most important, I failed to envision how failure would be and that was when I gave the victory to your father, who failed us all.
In life, you win some and you lose some.’ Iris replied with a taut face.

‘So, did you send those men to attack them or not?’ Ife brushed away her talk.
Slowly, the frown that sat on her face faded, replaced by a bright smile.
‘You are as stupid as your father, cowardly the same.’ Iris was irritated by his question.
‘Why would you say something like that?’ Ife was offended.
Rising to her feet, she dropped her parting words, ‘If I wanted to kill anyone, you and your miserable father would be top on my list, you both are the architect of my problems. Once you’re done with your little apology letter, get out of my garden.’ Iris hissed angrily and walked away.
‘Oh my, I really pissed her off this time.’ Ife’s face was a picture of bewilderment as he stared after the woman that birthed him.
That was all he needed to know, she had not been the one behind the attack.
‘Now I must face her...’ his eyes fell on the brown envelope as he thought of her beautiful face.
He had lost his jewel forever, by the works of his own hands.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by marychommy(f): 5:01am On Mar 29, 2018
thanks for dis wonderful update. more ink to ur pen.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by bimberry1307(f): 10:15am On Mar 29, 2018
Thanks Angelsss, the updates were really lengthy. welcome back.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by PrudySara(f): 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2018
Thanks for the update Angelsss
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by mercyymai(f): 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2018
Thanks 4 d lengthy updates. i hope we will finish it soon
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by afolabiwunmi: 6:15pm On Mar 29, 2018
More grease to your elbow ma'am.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Whyke141: 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2018
PoetKhu speaks for African Women!

This is a cry for help sounding through a vessel of experience. It is time to fight for our rights as a woman & mother. It is time to agitate for the respect of motherhood!

This pain is too expensive to be accepted! We need to speak! Harken to this voice sounding from Africa. Listen to our cry, our plea...

Sing this song along with us... Enjoy���

http://www.whykeanthology.com/2018/03/plea-of-cheating-wife.html
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Twinkle004(f): 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
Longest update ever. Thanks dear
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Otuosowo(f): 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2018
thanks for the updates and keep them coming.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by bekue(f): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
Thanks ma'am
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by itsandi(m): 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
Interesting update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by WHOcarex: 7:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
Odiegwu

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Undecided / The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 / TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.