Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (29719 Views)

Work Advice Needed For My Parent. / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by jerflakes(m): 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
Go back home

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by GIDIBANKZ(m): 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
Lolz....30yrs old bros. ONA village people dn finally Open Page reach ya mata

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by frubben(m): 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ur parents are Ur village people grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by sisisioge: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
Whew! Your dad is a selfish fellow. Let him do his worst! Stay where you are and stop taking your issues to them. Iranu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by teflonjake(m): 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
And you brought your personal issue to nairaland?

It shows your cannot make your own decisions. @30 you should be man enough to face the pro's and cons of your life.

Keep a lot of issues about you off the SM.

3 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by arrestdarrester: 7:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:
Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I am a guy of 30 years of age who graduated with BA Degree last year. I couldn't go for youth service because of my age. So I decided to get myself an apartment and started hustling and hunting for job. I recently got a job which promise a great future even though the pay at the moment is not much. I also have a girlfriend who school in one of the federal polytechnics. My father is a Pastor, pastoring a small church in the same state I live.

Now the issue at hand is that my father wants me to leave my apartment and move back home (until probably when I am ripe for marriage I guess). He has been on this for quite sometime of which I told him I can't move back home with them at my age and moreover, its a rented apartment (My parents never build house).

Today, he dropped a bomb. He commanded me to pack all my things and move back home to come and help him with d church within 7 days else, he will see to it that I am sacked from my new work in one way or the other and also threaten to pray to God to make my girlfriend jilt me (coz she is one of d reasons why I don't want to move back home according to him).

I don't want to move back home at my age. I always pray against it as I see such act as pointing to a backward step in my life. I have managed to setup my apartment to taste and also aiming to marry my present girlfriend.

Do I yield to my father's "come back home" instruction or do I stand on my decision not to? PLEASE ADVISE.

Are you the one paying your dad's rent? If not, I advise you take it upon yourself to do so and let him know.

If he still insist that you come back home to his rented place, I advise you to see an elderly Pastor who fears God on the matter.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by somehow: 7:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
When some of us started living alone and paying rent at 21, a father is threatening a 30 years old just so he moves back to his rented home?

Not like your dad built a house o.

30 years should move back home?

God help us o.

Man, if you're a man, stand your ground and make him realize you have your own dreams and aspirations.

7 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by ogostus(m): 7:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
Bros pls don't move back home. At 30 you should be doing great things with your life not moving back home to do nothing . About him cursing your relationship, that's just a threath as that prayer can never be answered . This is selfishness on the part of youe dad if you ask me

3 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by femidejulius(m): 7:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
At some point in the the life of a serious, responsible son, he must say no to his father. Be bold enough to stand your ground or you are not fit to be called a man.

PS:
Your dad can't pray that he should build his own house or even you should build your own house (A lot under 30 have houses already) but can pray that your girlfriend jilt you? Your father needs to be born again before he continues with that church.

13 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by okomile(f): 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
Talk to him gently. Get other church elders involved. Keep sending people to him. Bid for time. Pleading will take a year. He will forget it. Don't frown your face. Keep up your jovial self. The Lord is your strength
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by opedaydydx9(m): 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:
Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I am a guy of 30 years of age who graduated with BA Degree last year. I couldn't go for youth service because of my age. So I decided to get myself an apartment and started hustling and hunting for job. I recently got a job which promise a great future even though the pay at the moment is not much. I also have a girlfriend who school in one of the federal polytechnics. My father is a Pastor, pastoring a small church in the same state I live.

Now the issue at hand is that my father wants me to leave my apartment and move back home (until probably when I am ripe for marriage I guess). He has been on this for quite sometime of which I told him I can't move back home with them at my age and moreover, its a rented apartment (My parents never build house).

Today, he dropped a bomb. He commanded me to pack all my things and move back home to come and help him with d church within 7 days else, he will see to it that I am sacked from my new work in one way or the other and also threaten to pray to God to make my girlfriend jilt me (coz she is one of d reasons why I don't want to move back home according to him).

I don't want to move back home at my age. I always pray against it as I see such act as pointing to a backward step in my life. I have managed to setup my apartment to taste and also aiming to marry my present girlfriend.

Do I yield to my father's "come back home" instruction or do I stand on my decision not to? PLEASE ADVISE.
Ur father is an EP,..... Aka enemy of progress..... Bro please make it on ur own, because he might tell u later in the future that he is the reason u made it,... But since he cn be dis way this ur dad fit place curse on u, not to make it,.. either way talk to ur mom and make sure u find a way to pacify the demon in him

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by olashas(f): 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
Happened to someone i know. His father said the same thingabout placing a curse on him and whats not. The guy was not interested in being a pastor and he left for Akwa Ibom (folks are in Lagos). He has been there for 4 years and he is doing fine. His gf is still with him too. His dad had to call him to apologise and now, they are buddies.

You are 30 years old. You should know what is best for you.

8 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by lilmax(m): 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
you said you are which age again?

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by BruncleZuma: 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
I'm not sure you're 30...wallahi.

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Breadfruit: 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
When your parents have raised you well, they should be able to set you free at a point to make your own decisions. I don't support emotional blackmail. This is the set time to be free. If you give this inch, your dad will soon ask for a mile.

Note: I am not asking you to be rude. You should know how to talk to him as a father and press his buttons.
Don't move back. You are not the one who was called to be a Pastor. You are a Pastor's son who should carve his own path.
All the best!

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Sanchase: 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
Just disown him before he disown you grin

oprah007:

3 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Erums(m): 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
Dis is serious... I left home since 19, i was even running seff... Till i finally left... And today thou nt married im fully independent.... I give bk to them... Guy no try am... Go house go do wetin... Peel cassava?

Let am know say u be man u decide what moves you make weda easy or hard....

Wen u gi home now.. U no go know wen ur mates don leave u for street, cos u go dey chop mama tnk you

3 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by enemyofprogress: 7:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
Two things you can do

1: Damn him and let him carry out his threat

2: Go back home and make life unbearable for everyone, frustrate them so that they will be the one to send you packing out of the house.

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by sweetestboi(m): 7:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

Madness!!
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by zonax(m): 7:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
Your father's church is his dream and you have a life to live and your own dreams to actualize. you don't want to tell your kids how you didn't succeed in life because you spent your life building your father's just to please him.
At 30, you already a late starter (no offense )
and that means now is all the time you ever have

3 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Nickymichy(m): 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
If ur story is real and true den ur father no lik u...my tot is ds...... Probably u are wayward... Or it could also b dat ur father want u arnd to help him xtablish his church biz so as to take ova wen he is gone..(may b he didn't trust Pple arnd him).. My advice is ds... Stick 2 ur job and b prayerful.. No one can actually decides future... Its in d hands of God...
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Edoziesmart(m): 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
No need going back to your parents at this your present age. Your father should be praying for you to be excelling higher in life and not to going backward.

Bro stand to your faith and never heed to your father order.

Be a man.

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by ERICOPLC(m): 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
Guy, you need to let your dad know that he cannot spoon feed you for life.
The earlier he sees you as a man the better for both of you. Everyone has his/her own calling.

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by enemyofprogress: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
BruncleZuma:
I'm not sure you're 30...wallahi.
don't mind him he is just thirty months old

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by chineduemmao: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
modelmike7:
........Abroad, the parents chase you out when you are done with school (perhaps at the age of 22 or thereabout) in my country, they call you to come back home to live at 30 years and over.
different folks!!
which one com b chase u out again? were u get dat from?

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by fumiswtpusytwo(f): 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
Your father wants him to join him in his ten percent scamming ministry.believe me if you listen to your father you will soon be a millonaire since you are a graduate you can input some strategies on how the church or rather bussiness will grow.and if you have only 1000 members that tithe. Averagely 20k a Wk that is 20million.plus offering and holy water you will be selling you did be sure of 50million weekly as a growing church.
Finally dump that girl and move to help your father in his bussiness center or church as some people call it.you will definitely find more pretty girls you will. Banging and changing like pant.remember women are very cheap when you are rich and you can finish your preaching to them from the back like my mentor apostle suleman
If you also need power to heal,i can take you to ogun state,ijebuode were with chikily money you will have so much power,that is why my people prosper very well in the church or bussiness center.
You can email me at tightwetswtpusy@yahoo.com if you want me to take you there.

5 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Dizu(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
Baba don't go anywhere, just always pray to God fervently, hence u don't have evil agenda or indulge in any indicating act, keep ur head straight and make sure ur girl friend in question worth the sacrifice, but always remember success is best answer.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Mariangeles(f): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
He's spiritually blackmailing you and it's not right.
If you're not fornicating with your girlfriend then you have nothing to worry about.
So long as you're right with GOD, you just keep moving forward.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Edonojie007(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
This Your Story Is Hanging Mr Man,theres A Reason Your Father Wants You Back Home. No Normal Father Would Want A Well Doing Son Of 30 To Come Back Home And Live With Him. Out Of Love For His Son,he Wants You Back Home,because You Are Not Doing Fine. Mr Complete Your Story.

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by danigbo(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
What you people need is a frank round table talk with all menbers of the family. There every will bare their mind ! . But you have the final say but don't allow pride to becloud your reasoning.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by skedman(m): 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
It is so obvious that you are immature .it is not just the age but exactly what you kept in the brain. A 30 year old man will come to nairaland with this silly story of yours no wonder your parent want you back home .

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by fotadmowmend(m): 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
Maybe he felt you are going wayward

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Men Who Married At 24, 25, 26, 27. Do You Regret It? / Bride Gets A Peck From Her Granny (Adorable Photo) / Parents Storm Daughter's Home With Coffin Not Knowing She Faked Her Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.