Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 (1905 Views)

Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price / My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? / Pictures From The Launch Of The New Phantom 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Jaculze(m): 10:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
This is the comparison of the Tecno's latest Phantom 8 and the Samsung's flagship of 2017 Galaxy S8 (not Plus):

Phantom 8
- 5.7"inch Full HD display; -
1920*1080p resolution with 403 ppi; -
Octa - Core processor: 2.6GHz Cortex Mediatek 64-bit chipset; -
64GB of ROM, 6GB of RAM; -
Dual 12MP + 13MP rear cameras with 10x Super Zoom; 20MP front camera with Bright Selfie; -
3500mAh non-removable battery with Fast Charging Type-C connector; -
Diamond Fire Unibody design; -
4G LTE Connectivity; -
Fingerprint sensor rear mounted; -
Android OS v7.0 with HiOS 3.0 US.

Galaxy S8
5.8"inch Super AMOLED Quad HD+ display; - Resolution of 2960*1440p with 570ppi; -
64-bit Octa-core processor (Quad 2.35GHz + Quail a 1.9GHz) -
64GB of ROM with 4GB of RAM; -
Dual Pixel 12MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture and Smart OIS; 8MP front camera with AF and f/1.7 aperture -
3000mAh non-removable battery with Wireless Charging; -
LTE Cap. 6 Connectivity; -
Fingerprint scanner rear mounted; -
Android OS v7.0 with TouchWiz UI.

Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Jaculze(m): 10:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
Jaculze:
This is the comparison of the Tecno's latest Phantom 8 and the Samsung's flagship of 2017 Galaxy S8 (not Plus):

Phantom 8
Dual 12MP + 13MP rear cameras with 10x Super Zoom; 20MP front camera with Bright Selfie; -
4G LTE Connectivity; -

Galaxy S8
5.8"inch Super AMOLED Quad HD+ display; - Resolution of 2960*1440p with 570ppi; -
Dual Pixel 12MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture and Smart OIS; 8MP front camera with AF and f/1.7 aperture -
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by achivs(m): 12:03am On Nov 13, 2017
i prefer the phantom jare
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Prichere: 10:23am On Nov 13, 2017
These two phones are not comparable. The Samsung Galaxy S8 shines in all aspects. The Tecno Phantom 8 has nothing over that S8. I'm sorry but that's just the plain truth. However, it's important to note that you need deeper pockets to buy the S8. I have nothing against the Phantom 8. I just think it's unfair to compare these two smartphones.

3 Likes

Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by kvngjesse(m): 10:37am On Nov 13, 2017
Op is high on weed angry

2 Likes

Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by MarkWayne89: 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
Why would you even compare the two phones?

Specs wise they might be the same, but build wise, I think Samsung is still the leading one between the two.
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by fabulous18(m): 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
You must be crazy for posting this trash
Compare it with s6 of last two years an see your result

4 Likes

Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Ennyholar: 3:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
The S8 is a better device. But we can't rule out the fact that the Phantom 8 is also a nice device.
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Acidosis(m): 4:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
Who else has noticed the manner at which Tecno fan boys compare only RAM, ROM and Megapixel sizes with other flagships?

OP, what you have here is not a phone review. Why are you scared of posting the full review?

Samsung has a payment system, what about Tecno pay? grin

1 Like

Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by ButterFrost212(f): 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
cry cry cry you just compared Samsung s8 with techno? Who did this to you

3 Likes

Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Jaculze(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2017
Cc.
Lalasticlala
Seun
Dragnet
Mynd44
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by ahless(m): 7:19am On Nov 14, 2017
achivs:
i prefer the phantom jare

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by OCTAVO: 7:26am On Nov 14, 2017
Jaculze:
Cc.
Lalast_iclala
Ṣe. un
Dra gnet
Mynd 44
So this was your aim?? Mentioning them to push this bullshit to front page? angry

1 Like

Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 14, 2017
OCTAVO:

So this was your aim?? Mentioning them to push this bullshit to front page? angry

I thought nobody will talk about this. But what exactly does this thread talk about? Comparing specs and that's all then he wants it pushed to the promised land. Cheapness of data has ruined so many things
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 14, 2017
Phantom 8 is a decent phone but what is wrong with all these Tecno fanboys? Why always putting it against the Galaxy S8 when it is very obvious the s8 is the superior phone. Or is it because both phones have the suffix '8'? Some will even go the extra mile of comparing it with the note 8..m wtf.

And what is their bases of comparison? Ram, megapixel, screen size, battery. They compare camera megapixel as if megapixel alone makes a camera better, but even Tecno cannot tell us the aperture in their camera, Samsung uses f/1.7 for the s8 which is about the best in the business. So even if Tecno use 20mp lens with f/2.2 epertute it would take worse pictures than Samsung's 12mp.

They also compare ram but fail to mention the kind of processor on the Tecno. It's just like someone with a laptop running cherryrail processor with 8gb of ram and then compare it with Intel i7 with 4gb of ram. That's sacrilege. All Tecno fans know about their phone is it uses octacore 64 bit processor. And they will not tell us that their camera lack ois and the phone does not even have gyroscope so good luck doing vr with that.

I'm not against the phantom 8, it's a decent phone for it's price but Tecno fans should stop looking for trouble comparing it with Samsung Galaxy S8... Both are on different worlds apart. Toyota Camry is a great car but never compare it with a Mercedes Benz c63 AMG.

3 Likes

Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Norman4real(m): 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
We all know that the S8 is far better than the Phantom8, no one is opposing that. But why do fanboys get so offended when a simple comparison is made. It's like you're getting angry and frustrated at phones that you don't even own, defending phones you can't even afford.
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Jaymaxxy(m): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2017
greenhulk:
Phantom 8 is a decent phone but what is wrong with all these Tecno fanboys? Why always putting it against the Galaxy S8 when it is very obvious the s8 is the superior phone. Or is it because both phones have the suffix '8'? Some will even go the extra mile of comparing it with the note 8..m wtf.

And what is their bases of comparison? Ram, megapixel, screen size, battery. They compare camera megapixel as if megapixel alone makes a camera better, but even Tecno cannot tell us the aperture in their camera, Samsung uses f/1.7 for the s8 which is about the best in the business. So even if Tecno use 20mp lens with f/2.2 epertute it would take worse pictures than Samsung's 12mp.

They also compare ram but fail to mention the kind of processor on the Tecno. It's just like someone with a laptop running cherryrail processor with 8gb of ram and then compare it with Intel i7 with 4gb of ram. That's sacrilege. All Tecno fans know about their phone is it uses octacore 64 bit processor. And they will not tell us that their camera lack ois and the phone does not even have gyroscope so good luck doing vr with that.

I'm not against the phantom 8, it's a decent phone for it's price but Tecno fans should stop looking for trouble comparing it with Samsung Galaxy S8... Both are on different worlds apart. Toyota Camry is a great car but never compare it with a Mercedes Benz c63 AMG.

May God bless you. These guys has reduced specs to ROM, RAM and megapixel.
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Jaculze(m): 10:42am On Nov 23, 2017
OCTAVO:

maybe and how's that your business?
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by skillfusion: 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
Oh my. Before I was a Tecno Phombie and would defend them with the last of my breath but ever since I ported to Sammy I can tell the difference in quality, beauty and class which honestly Tecno lacks in all dimensions when compares to Samsung. This is just like comparing death to life. You can as well compare the Phantom 8 and iphone 8 or iphone X because that's the league and class Samsung belongs to.

1 Like

Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by OCTAVO: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
Jaculze:
maybe and how's that your business?
Dumb. cheesy
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by michlins(m): 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2017
For sell. 07032fourfour6904

Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Mckandre(m): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
Jaculze:

Phantom 8
4G LTE Connectivity; -

Galaxy S8

1 Like

Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by sureinfo: 10:07am On Nov 24, 2017
Ennyholar:
The S8 is a better device. But we can't rule out the fact that the Phantom 8 is also a nice device.
Yeah the phantom is definitely a nice device but I don't totally agree with you that the S8 is beta o
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 24, 2017
sureinfo:

Yeah the phantom is definitely a nice device but I don't totally agree with you that the S8 is beta o

Oga, phantom 8 only advantage is the price. On every other thing it is no way near the s8. I want to compare 1080p display fhd screen of the phantom 8 to the wqhd infinity display of the s8? 403 ppi vs 570 ppi. Baba the difference is clear, when u hold both phones u will fall in love with the display of the s8. Not just the display, build quality, and the s8 is ip68 water and dust resistant. U also can't compare their cameras, forget the megapixel nonsense, Samsung use a far better lens, in daylight the phantom 8 takes decent photos but in low light is where it suffers just like the camon CX.

And how can u even compare Snapdragon 835 to mtk Helio p25? ? Galaxy S8 is a premium high end phone while the phantom 8 is a semi flagship device for those that can't afford the premium high end phones. I used flagship because it is not really a mid range phone, I would put the camon series in the mid range category. It's a decent phone but not in any way close to the Galaxy S8.
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by tafat: 5:00am On Nov 26, 2017
greenhulk:

Oga, phantom 8 only advantage is the price. On every other thing it is no way near the s8. I want to compare 1080p display fhd screen of the phantom 8 to the wqhd infinity display of the s8? 403 ppi vs 570 ppi. Baba the difference is clear, when u hold both phones u will fall in love with the display of the s8. Not just the display, build quality, and the s8 is ip68 water and dust resistant. U also can't compare their cameras, forget the megapixel nonsense, Samsung use a far better lens, in daylight the phantom 8 takes decent photos but in low light is where it suffers just like the camon CX.

And how can u even compare Snapdragon 835 to mtk Helio p25? ? Galaxy S8 is a premium high end phone while the phantom 8 is a semi flagship device for those that can't afford the premium high end phones. I used flagship because it is not really a mid range phone, I would put the camon series in the mid range category. It's a decent phone but not in any way close to the Galaxy S8.
U just hit the point with ur statement, the phantom 8 is beta with price, don't you think price plays a huge role in phone choices?
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by datyorubaboy: 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2017
This comparism lasan. Is it really needed?
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by missslimzy(f): 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
Each has its users depending on price. Choose according to your pocket
Re: Phantom 8 Vs Galaxy S8 by Matikho: 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2018
Jaculze:

Phantom 8
4G LTE Connectivity; -

Galaxy S8
Althouth these two phones seem to have the similar specs, the Samsung Galaxy S8 is obviously superior. The Phantom 8 is good too but not as good as the Samsung Galaxy S8

(1) (Reply)

iPhone X Face ID Deceived By Face Mask? / HELP!!! Remove Cyanogen Mod From Tecno (unroot) / Checkout BendDownSelect.ng, I just got a cheap Android device.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.