Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,482 members, 7,781,440 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:26 PM

Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? (20324 Views)

Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot / NDA Cadets Drop Uniforms With Fulanimen, Disappear –residents / Discharged EFCC Cadets Petition Buhari Over Unfair Dismissal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by obailala(m): 11:56am On Nov 13, 2017
cstr1000:

So you expect the Igbo people to start agitating against the north or what?
The ones they did, didn't you people call it irrational Igbo hatred against the north?
So you want to choose the cause to fight for and the cause to allow? You are not serious.
To he who brain is given, sense is expecred. What exactly was the basic approach of the so called agitation? ... A never-do-well from a London slum of Peckham returns home and incites millions of angry people to start insulting and abusing and threatening every other major tribe in Nigeria. Is that the nonsense you refer to as agitation against the north?....

Go back and read what I wrote, the only way to topple tje northern hegemony is by application of wisdom, not foolishness. A prime requirement of that wisdom is putting aside whatever egoistical nonsense insignificamt beef that may exist by the side and aligning with all southern and middle-beltan tribes on a common goal to challenge the hegemony.

But what exactly was the so called agitation of IPob all about?... Insulting every insultable person including the south south and authoritatively colonising SS land and resources without making any attempt to get their approval first. Then going ahead to pray and wish evil and devastation upon Nigeria and you expect any sane human to support that madness?

1 Like

Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Caseless: 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Stoppage of the Admission of Female Cadets, another reason to doubt "One Nigeria"

While we are still looking at slightest of chances to prove ourselves wrong that one Nigeria is a fallacy, the Northern mafias released another crude and hegemonic policy, stoppage of admission of female cadets into Nigerian Army.

The Nigerian state looks like it is heading for apartheid jungle.

Without regard to the right of Females from Southern part of the country to participate in the all combat actions of the army, the Nigerian Army has issued an order stopping the admission of Female Combat Cadets because Northern leaders complained.

Northern leaders and politicians threatened fire and hell because they said "Our males from the North cannot take orders from Infidels from anywhere" (apparently referring to the South)

Because of the conservative nature, history and culture of Northern Nigeria, our females from Southern Nigerian are now denied their right to serve their fatherland.

Begging questions have been left unanswered.

Who set the conditions for admission of military cadets? Northern Nigeria or the Army Council?

Why should the beliefs of Northern part of the country affect the chances of Southern Females?

Must we always please the Northern Hegemonic Class at the expense of the South?

If the north don't want their female children at the cadet camp, they can simply tell their daughters not to apply for cadet positions.

The Nigerian Army has proved consistently that it is a Northern Fort for oppressing helpless Southerners.

We have tolerated the sitting of almost all strategic military installations in the North all these while, now another insult has been thrown on our face.

Why should the North be the one to dictate the terms of operations of the Army that is supposed to be impartial?

We have not forgotten how Southern heroes of the civil war were edged out of the army or incapacitated.
The Colonel Iluyomades who stopped Biafra at Ore were discarded while a Muritala Muhammad who didn't see action at the Ore front took the praises.

We have not forgotten how Brigadier General Adekunle aka Black Scorpion who led the first modern amphibious landing in Africa war history was unceremoniously retired from the army.

We have not forgotten how General Ransome Kuti was demoted and imprisoned because Book Haram overran Bama while Northern Generals who ran away from Lake Chad villages were promoted.

Our Senators and governors from the South that are supposed to raise questions and demand the stoppage of such quite demeaning practices are busy globetrotting.

Is the Nigerian Army now the Northern Army??
Excerpts and Links

http://punchng.com/military-stops-admission-of-combatant-female-cadets/

OauTemitayo writes from Ife
bigot, before PEJ forced Jonathan to make it equal for women to join the army as regulars, were there female officers? If yes, how were they commissioned into the military?
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Caseless: 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
WORDSENSEI:

My friend, keep quiet.
A group of people that can reject a film village, stating immortality and other forms of BS, can also make such disgusting statements.
The irony of it all is that the North is the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah. They abuse all sorts of drugs, homosexuality is the order of the day, even infidelity as the burqa wearing women feel they cannot be caught, seeing that they are always fully covered.
FOH abeg.
and all open gay's from Nigeria are southerners. grin

1 Like

Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Caseless: 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
shallysgirl:
You are either a northerner or a yoruba muslim.
igbo kilistain! Gone banging head, right?
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by cstr1000: 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
obailala:
To he who brain is given, sense is expecred. What exactly was the basic approach of the so called agitation? ... A never-do-well from a London slum of Peckham returns home and incites millions of angry people to start insulting and abusing and threatening every other major tribe in Nigeria. Is that the nonsense you refer to as agitation against the north?....

Go back and read what I wrote, the only way to topple tje northern hegemony is by application of wisdom, not foolishness. A prime requirement of that wisdom is putting aside whatever egoistical nonsense insignificamt beef that may exist by the side and aligning with all southern and middle-beltan tribes on a common goal to challenge the hegemony.

But what exactly was the so called agitation of IPob all about?... Insulting every insultable person including the south south and authoritatively colonising SS land and resources without making any attempt to get their approval first. Then going ahead to pray and wish evil and devastation upon Nigeria and you expect any sane human to support that madness?
Wisdom?
Then apply your wisdom and leave us the fucck alone.
If you can't beat them alone with your wisdom then shut up. Every tribe is on its own .

*I didn't read the rest of your post*

1 Like

Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Caseless: 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
Iruosonobrugwhe:
let us not allow Punch lead us astray with biased reporting.......

we have women who have risen to the top in the armed forces but regular cadet officer training in NDA suffered because female folks had to be m. standards lowered,and many untold scandals.......

Even the IDF we make reference to still has some off limit positions for females. (https://www.timesofisrael.com/new-combat-positions-for-women-in-the-idf-same-old-obstacles/)

Have you seen a female SEAL? the only woman who qualified to the SEAL in july 2017 dropped out by august. it was dame Pepes dream and so was taken up but it didnt go down well. Women can go to aviation school,become pilots ,join the airforce and rise through the ranks but to put them through the rigours of regular NdA training...you either reduce standards or drop of the ladies.

caveat: dear beijing conference sisters, i no call una name
people like you give me hope and belief that humans are still on nairaland.

How can you expose women to what we have in NDA. I went for interview in 2008, that place is not for women. When are we gonna respect our women?
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Caseless: 12:17pm On Nov 13, 2017
jpphilips:

Illiterates like you are everywhere on nairaland. Who knows, having access to the internet is the best thing that has happened to you besides the usual frustrations of poverty and hopelessness.

World over, women are banned from taking frontline roles in the military, global practise born out of battle field assessment not stupid religious colouration like they want id!ots like you to believe.

The US lifted theirs in 2014, UK in 2016, etc, do they have Islam and Hausa problems too? Because you have no real knowledge thats why they give you @rection with religious sentiments, yes your politicians know you are stup!d so they appeal to your stupid!ty in most cases.

The US national security adviser is considering returning the ban based on the few years those officers have served, with over 140 deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq alone.

The UK are still training them so they are yet to determine how well it is working for them, Nigeria lifted ours 6yrs ago at least they have served for a year, if the military authorities decide to rescind that decision based on what they have experienced, who the fvck are you bloody ignoramus to question it with your inherited stupid!ty?
this made my day. God bless you and your family.

The ratio of dunderhead to intellect is very high in this country.
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Caseless: 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
afroxyz:
What does the suspension in admitting female cadets have to do with tribal politics and the unity of Nigeria? Just say you wanted to write a post laced with ethnic bigotry
the OP is a bigoted sheep.
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by WORDSENSEI: 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
Caseless:
and all open gay's from Nigeria are southerners. grin

Key Word: OPEN.
They are not hypocritical about it. If you have a high concentration of such scums in your region, I don't see why you should be fighting against developmental projects, citing IMMORALITY when the North is unfortunately, the HUB of all things evil.

1 Like

Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 12:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
Caseless:
this made my day. God bless you and your family.

The ratio of dunderhead to intellect is very high in this country.

Nigerian youths are basically dead brians, hardly do they know how to wipe their arse, bad enough the dumb ones dont keep shut!!

1 Like

Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by TheKingIsHere: 12:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
Am still waiting for sarrki and omenka to come and tell us how a renowned tribalistic bigot and a jihadist called Buhari will lead this country forward with this kind of backward mindset.
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Caseless: 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
WORDSENSEI:

Key Word: OPEN.
They are not hypocritical about it. If you have a high concentration of such scums in your region, I don't see why you should be fighting against developmental projects, citing IMMORALITY when the North is unfortunately, the HUB of all things evil.
airheads like you won't make your point without being emotional.

You should talk about what you know(the open), not otherwise.

Those who rape kids(boys and girls) down south , sometimes in places of worship that we hear of everyday are "open" too.
Leave us with our under development.

I'm right now in the south, I can't see the eldorado you guys claim whenever the north is mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by obailala(m): 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
cstr1000:

Wisdom?
Then apply your wisdom and leave us the fucck alone.
If you can't beat them alone with your wisdom then shut up. Every tribe is on its own .

*I didn't read the rest of your post*
I didnt expect you to read it, you weren't going to comprehend it anyway. Meanwhile you said I should leave you the fvk alone?... Last time I checked, you were the one who jumped in to quote me spewing the usual nonsense.

The point I simply made and which I would reitirate is that as long as the southern groups continue in the foolishness of trading blames amongst each other without attempting the wise step (which is to work together), the north will continue to maintain its hegemony and wailers will continue to wail like silly babies.
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Anonymous42(m): 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nawa o,dont know how true this is but it's gonna be total rubbish if this is done.Just read the story through the link and every information isn't true there cos Dayo-karim isn't a female cadet,he actually finished from NNSS ABK.
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Caseless: 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2017
jpphilips:

Nigerian youths are basically dead brians, hardly do they know how to wipe their arse, bad enough the dumb ones dont keep shut!!
Engage most of them physically, and you'd know how "mega age" they're away from self-development. God is not angry with us, he only can't see what we can use our brain for , hence the "crescendoic" kind of obsession we have with our thoughts process which transmute to bigotry ,corruption and everything bad you see in our society.
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Xisnin(m): 12:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I am Yoruba man. It is not all issues that we have to call out ipob. Can't you see what is happening?

A man described Nigerians as a terrorist and I replied, surprisingly
you came to his defence. If you agreed with his stupid statement,
I expect you to speak for yourself not drag your tribe into it.
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by WORDSENSEI: 12:54pm On Nov 13, 2017
Caseless:
airheads like you won't make your point without being emotional.

You should talk about what you know(the open), not otherwise.

Those who rape kids(boys and girls) down south , sometimes in places of worship that we hear of everyday are "open" too.
Leave us with our under development.

I'm right now in the south, I can't see the eldorado you guys claim whenever the north is mentioned.

Coming from a loony bin who jumped on my comment... We don't need barbarians in our midst. Go back to your hellhole.
Being emotional must surely be strange to you as y'all are without no human compassion.
Who wouldn't be downcast when you Godforsaken creatures keep setting us back?
Fool.

2 Likes

Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Xisnin(m): 12:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
PDJT:

Lol. You Nigerians are incurable idiots. Which sane clime care about Terrorist-Nigeria classification?

The average IQ of Ipob members must be below 60
for a mentally deranged man who has achieved nothing
tangible in his life can easily convince them.
A country determines its own terrorist group not some bunch
of lazy bureaucrats in a far away country where they have no idea
of what the victims of terrorism are gong through.

There was a time when the US refused to categorise Boko haram
as a terrorist group.

Ipob remains a terrorist group.
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by OAUTemitayo: 12:58pm On Nov 13, 2017
jpphilips:

Neither am I in your league of mental miasma.
Nonsense.
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by cstr1000: 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
obailala:
I didnt expect you to read it, you weren't going to comprehend it anyway. Meanwhile you said I should leave you the fvk alone?... Last time I checked, you were the one who jumped in to quote me spewing the usual nonsense.

The point I simply made and which I would reitirate is that as long as the southern groups continue in the foolishness of trading blames amongst each other without attempting the wise step (which is to work together), the north will continue to maintain its hegemony and wailers will continue to wail like silly babies.
Look at this leprechaun. cheesy
You think I take you serious? grin I don't take buhari supporters serious .
You want to igbos to come together with yorubas against northern hegemony because you are just finding out that there is a northern hegemony.?
You are guilty of hate speech against the north. Abi no be so una dey talk am?

4 Likes

Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
shallysgirl:
No more response for You, a Headslamming zlave.
see mumu o. who your response epp? . It's even good so you stop misleading ppl
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
shallysgirl:
Stfu. You don't determine anything.
yeah we do. We let you go when we're done with you.
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
shallysgirl:
Well,then,dont complain.Gej made the decision /policy for female cadet admission.
that's why we over turning it doofus. No time for period during combat
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2017
[quote author=TheManOfTheYear post=62331695][/quote] very rugged civilians sha. But they're still civilians and you know it
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
iamprotocol:
oboy ur bains na moi moi dey inside how u go say a whole navy na civilian abeg. Ur own civilianism is very bloody
your brain is made up of Relaxer. what do you know about Armed Forces.
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2017
Leez:

jesus!
u wrote ds in 2017?
ur zombieism is high ooo
smh
you didn't make a point. Shows you have no argument. Just parroting sentiment. Do you want pregnant woman by your side during combat. Think before you talk. It makes you look stupid
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by hakeem77: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2017
Cry as much as you like. We can't allow women to be sending our men into battles to die. If women want to be Army generals, then equal numbers of men and women should always be conscripted and sent to the war front to face danger.
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
OAUTemitayo:

What Nonsense!!!
So many female civil defence officers will beat the hell out of you gworo chewing fulani recruit.
abi they will salute sharply and when they realise we will never be mates in OR out of Armed Forces. I don't do kola. That's for you and your ancestors
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
Gentlesniper:

I doubt if a 21st century military personnel wud type what u just typed.
do better research. Even female soldiers have seen that female combat troops are a political mistake.
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
FarahAideed:

I know many women in tge IDF that would beat you hands down in any military challenge from parade to flying an F16 ...Just admit you and Buhari are anachronic misogynistic people who dont belong in this age and time
Idf don't have choice because of their population.
They have the discipline.
You're just claiming feminism.
National security is not where you flex feminism or politics

We all know how many good men have died due to politics in combat
Re: Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2017
luvinhubby:

Stop lying, no soldier will type the thrash you did.
sorry En. Not everyone can wear the uniform. But hey you want women fighting your battles with menstrual cramps and distracting the real soldiers ending in unnecessary deaths to prove a stupid political point(women can never be equal to men, deal with it, they're built different for different tasks)
The battleground is not for playing gender politics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Directs Gov. Obaseki To Issue New Proclamation Of State Assembl / Court Orders Arrest Of Abdullahi Dikko, Ex-Customs Boss / Foodstuff Dealers Accuse Police Of Extortion On Highways During Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.