Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo (14211 Views)

7 Things Students Can Do During The ASUU Strike / Ten Photos Nigerian Students Can Relate To / University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by generalbush(m): 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
Never make the mistake of thinking of work experience after graduation; I will show you how you can gain work experience before graduation.

The fear of every employer concerning fresh graduates is the assumption that they can’t hit the ground running. This makes it difficult for young graduates to secure mouth watering jobs without a connection.

As a student in the university, it is up to you to avoid these pitfalls and do the right thing. Just in case you have forgotten, there are no jobs in Nigeria for graduates without connections. So if you are having the impression of graduating and securing quality jobs in oil firms and so on, think again!

Below are the ways students can gain work experience before graduation

Learn a skill relating to any Job sector

By now it should be clear that the Nigerian job market doesn’t discriminate in terms of course of study. I have seen Engineers working in banks; I have also seen Economics students working in a software development firm.

What you are studying at school shouldn’t be the basis of the skill you may wish to acquire. Personally, I always suggest ICT skills because it is one of the fastest growing sectors in the country.

If an English student acquires Software Development skills, the chances of getting a job than a Computer science student without this skill are higher.

Having a skill means work experience to the average Nigeria employer – just in case you have no idea. So this is one of the perfect ways students can gain work experience before they even graduate.

Carry out Projects relating to the skill learnt

Work experience is simply putting what you know into practice. When it is time to create a CV, and you have lots of successfully executed projects to your name, then it becomes easier.

Work Experience:

- I successfully maintained the network server of ABC Company and recorded above 80% uptime during work periods.

- I networked the WAN connection of Xyz CBT centre and had a smooth operation during the CBT exams.

This is how a standard CV of a fresh graduate from school should look like. Nobody will hire you for having a First Class. They will only hire you for bringing something to the table to move the company forward.

Write Certifications in your chosen Skill Sector

It isn’t too early to become certified. It gives you the advantage over those who will graduate with just their B.Scs.

“Do you know that CISCO Company gives special support to firms who hire certified CISCO graduates?”

If you assume that to gain work experience before graduation is early, then you are in for a long thing. Certifications are expensive; but if you have the money, write them.

Getting a job in Nigeria is already a difficult task on its own. The only trick is for students to gain work experience before graduation, so they can be well positioned over those who have nothing.

If you would love to know the skill that suits you better, please ask me using the comment section and I will reply you ASAP.

Remember to subscribe, because we are willing to make education easier for you.

Source: http://dailystudentinfo.com/gain-work-experience-graduation/

cc: lalasticlala, fynestboy, seun

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by generalbush(m): 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
lalasticlala, please find this post FP worth to enlighten.
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by NwaAmaikpe: 4:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
shocked

Unfortunately your write up tilts to students in computer science and other IT-related courses.

How about students of less fortunate courses like Linguistics, Philosophy and History?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
wink
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Adfolak(m): 4:37pm On Nov 13, 2017
good writeup

I hope our Nairaland hasn't been breached. See what i say when i used desktop to open the site just now

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by MurderEnglish(m): 4:37pm On Nov 13, 2017
It's not by might_
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by josielewa(m): 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
ok..good..abeg learn work while you still in school and start a personal venture...believe me, it pays...oo thank God u said d job needs connection...na wa ooo

Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by theapeman: 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
generalbush:
Never make the mistake of thinking of work experience after graduation; I will show you how you can gain work experience before graduation.

The fear of every employer concerning fresh graduates is the assumption that they can’t hit the ground running. This makes it difficult for young graduates to secure mouth watering jobs without a connection.

As a student in the university, it is up to you to avoid these pitfalls and do the right thing. Just in case you have forgotten, there are no jobs in Nigeria for graduates without connections. So if you are having the impression of graduating and securing quality jobs in oil firms and so on, think again!

Below are the ways students can gain work experience before graduation

Learn a skill relating to any Job sector

By now it should be clear that the Nigerian job market doesn’t discriminate in terms of course of study. I have seen Engineers working in banks; I have also seen Economics students working in a software development firm.

What you are studying at school shouldn’t be the basis of the skill you may wish to acquire. Personally, I always suggest ICT skills because it is one of the fastest growing sectors in the country.

If an English student acquires Software Development skills, the chances of getting a job than a Computer science student without this skill are higher.

Having a skill means work experience to the average Nigeria employer – just in case you have no idea. So this is one of the perfect ways students can gain work experience before they even graduate.

Carry out Projects relating to the skill learnt

Work experience is simply putting what you know into practice. When it is time to create a CV, and you have lots of successfully executed projects to your name, then it becomes easier.

Work Experience:

- I successfully maintained the network server of ABC Company and recorded above 80% uptime during work periods.

- I networked the WAN connection of Xyz CBT centre and had a smooth operation during the CBT exams.

This is how a standard CV of a fresh graduate from school should look like. Nobody will hire you for having a First Class. They will only hire you for bringing something to the table to move the company forward.

Write Certifications in your chosen Skill Sector

It isn’t too early to become certified. It gives you the advantage over those who will graduate with just their B.Scs.

“Do you know that CISCO Company gives special support to firms who hire certified CISCO graduates?”

If you assume that to gain work experience before graduation is early, then you are in for a long thing. Certifications are expensive; but if you have the money, write them.

Getting a job in Nigeria is already a difficult task on its own. The only trick is for students to gain work experience before graduation, so they can be well positioned over those who have nothing.

If you would love to know the skill that suits you better, please ask me using the comment section and I will reply you ASAP.

Remember to subscribe, because we are willing to make education easier for you.

Source: http://dailystudentinfo.com/gain-work-experience-graduation/

cc: lalasticlala, fynestboy, seun
wonderful piece of rubbish!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Mexzy4sho(m): 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
Really informative thanks.
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by danduj(m): 4:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
When I was young, I decided to take medical exams, at the entrance exams we were told to rearrange P N E I S to form a very important organ in the human body that is mostly useful when erect.
Those like James who answered S P I N E are doctors today, the rest of us are in unilorin

8 Likes

Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Finstar: 4:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
I think this is a good way to acquire work experience after graduation.. At least, it gives you an edge over others who didn't. However, that doesn't mean you're made for life. You're still running round a circle that doesn't end, the rat race. While at that job, get a side huztle.. Later on, make investments that creates multiple streams of income. It will come a time when you'll dump that shittt job and stay at home while your assets keeps breeding forth money. The fear of getting up everyday pushed me to this path and I'm not regretting.. Being your own boss rocks. Although during the infant establishment, it can be hell.. But as you progress, it keeps getting easier.. It will get to a stage where you won't have to work anymore and yet, the inflow of money won't be disrupted. Entrepreneurship is bae...

Visit www.entmirror.com to read most of my business ideas.. Let's make impact.. wink

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by jamexborn(m): 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2017
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by 9jaDoc(f): 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2017
Makes sense
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by 1miccza: 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
If only i had seen this before graduation back then...Nice one OP
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by money121(m): 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by raindrop99: 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
Thanks op for enlightening me. I'm studying mech engineering, what skill can I acquire??
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by maj59(m): 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
eyes up
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by eMDeeLinks: 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
okay
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by 9jaDoc(f): 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
raindrop99:
Thanks op for enlightening me. I'm studying mech engineering, what skill can I acquire??

Learn social engineering
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Uziyl(m): 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2017
forget that thing. all you need is Connection whether legal or illegal. no be this Nigeria. how about those with no IT expertise. you will have to go for training or a course.

Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2017
trash
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by RichardKajola(m): 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
I want to learn an ICT skill online which one will you advice me to go for? and on which platform?
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello OP,
Thanks for sharing this information.
I just want to use this avenue to inform interested students and online learners about these free beta tutorials being tested on https://nigerianscholars.com/tutorials/. The more students try it out, the better we can make it.
Best Regards.
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
nice one. definitely worth a click.
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by romoruyi(m): 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2017
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by seguno2: 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Unfortunately your write up tilts to students in computer science and other IT-related courses.

How about students of less fortunate courses like Linguistics, Philosophy and History?

They can intern/volunteer with script writers as researchers, movie producers as translators, TV and radio stations, marketing and advertising agencies, publishers, politicians etc.
Endless options if they set their mind to it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by OndoRaph(m): 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
W T F. LOL
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by raindrop99: 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2017
9jaDoc:

Learn social engineering
Which one cum be social engineering. una Dom start o
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by don4real18(m): 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
Employers will still ask for post-NYSC experience
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by iihtlagos: 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
You can also pick the most simplest course but yet fastest way to make a living online.

You can choose to become a digital Marketer.

Learn it for almost free.

Click Here to Register Now!!

Offer valid for a limited time.

IIHT Cares for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by Maj196(m): 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
ICT all the Way!!!!
Re: 5 Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation - Dailystudentinfo by OndoRaph(m): 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
danduj:
When I was young, I decided to take medical exams, at the entrance exams we were told to rearrange P N E I S to form a very important organ in the human body that is mostly useful when erect.
Those like James who answered S P I N E are doctors today, the rest of us are in unilorin
danduj:
danduj:
Hahahahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Basic Computer Appreciation And Application Training / Former Acting Oau Vc Remanded In Custody / Your Bizarre Experiences In Boarding School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.