Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 (18608 Views)

Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price / My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? / Pictures From The Launch Of The New Phantom 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Acidosis(m): 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2017

1. Front/Back Gorilla Glass 5
A new glass solution that raises the bar for protection against drops higher than ever, surviving 1.6-meter drops onto rough surfaces up to 80% of the time

2. IP68 Certification
- Dust proof
- Water proof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes

3. 83.6% screen-to-body ratio
The Display to body ratio is a simple data that tells you how much of the surface the screen represents when compared to the whole device

4. 570 pixels per inch (higher resolution display)

5. 3D Touch (home button only)

6. Always-on display feature

7. Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS)
This feature is good for compensating for small hand movement while taking photos, unfortunately, it is absent on the Phantom 8

8. 4K video recording (Ultra HD)
However you define it, a 4K video is four times the number of pixels on a 1080p display, and over 23 times the resolution of standard definition television.

8. Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS)
OIS compensates for small hand movement but the shakiness in walking while filming is too great for it. The EIS does a better job in this regard

9. Simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording

10. Dual video recording

11. Dual video call

12. Auto HDR

13. Bluetooth 5.0
Supported devices can transfer data up to 2 Mbps, which is twice the speed as Bluetooth 4.2
Two people with different wireless headphones can pair to the same smartphone and listen to the same music; no more cumbersome earbud-sharing

14. NFC
NFC (Near field communication) that detects and then enables technology in close proximity to communicate without the need for an internet connection. It's easy, fast and works automagically

15. USB 3.1 Type-C

16. Heart Rate

17 Samsung DeX (Desktop experience support)

18. Qi/PMA wireless charging

19. Bixby natural language commands and dictation

20. Samsung Pay (Visa and MasterCard certified)

If you think the Phantom 8 is cheap or comparable to the S8, you need to have a rethink.

47 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Freelancerx: 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
No sane person will bring the S8 and the Phantom 8 to the same level. The phantom to me is just an alternative. A better one.

39 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by hisgrace090: 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
Baba Samsung, I hail o!

As of to day you no get equal.

7 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
But there's also 1 feature of the phantom 8 has that the s8 doesn't have and for lots of people this is the most important feature. The s8 costs 230k (or more) while the phantom 8 costs 128k. For a lot of people that 102k they are saving is the most important feature.

Not a Tecno fan though, I'm still a Samsung fan but just saying.

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Decale: 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
Some of these points aren't strong ones

Tecno Phantom has HDR, NFC, USB type C. Every Nougat device (7.1) also has some form of 3D touch

There are also third party apps for some features listed there: Always On Display, Dual video recording

There is also Google assistant, a good substitution for the Bixby

Samsung Pay is non functional in this part of the world where the Tecno's market is

I don't think anybody is comparing Phantom 8 to Samsung s8. The strong point here is Phantom 8 is a huge bargain for the people that can't spend that much on a phone.

Samsung will find it hard to release a phone like phantom 8 at that price point without some compromises.

Both capture a different type of market. That's why tecno devices will continue to outsell Samsung flagships in this part of the world.

Tecno Phantom 8 is decent at that price. The only gripe I have with it is the processor. Regardless, it's very hard to purchase a 2017 phone with its features for less...

Cheers

25 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by NCP: 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2017
Make I add Mine.

21. Fantom 8 will never get developers support. I don't mean the Tecno paid devs support.

22. Fantom 8 will never see Android OS upgrade. (Na pure Yun Operating System be This Product Like Other Previous Phantom Flagships)

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by michlins(m): 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
Op this is not good. Please compare the phone with S5. It's pure embarrassment and wickedness to arrange a duel for goat and lion. An antelope doesn't rejoice when it wins a race against a dog with broken hip

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by youngerikina40(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
Y will i spend 138k for a phone with no ota. My nexus 5x z far beta dan tomtom 8. Na my opinion oo!! Chikena.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by shedy03(m): 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
quite interesting. lol.
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Acidosis(m): 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2017
michlins:
Op this is not good. Please compare the phone with S5. It's pure embarrassment and wickedness to arrange a duel for goat and lion. An antelope doesn't rejoice when it wins a race against a dog with broken hip

Lol, which one be goat again?

1 Like

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by samsam2019: 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2017
Decale:
Some of these points aren't strong ones

Tecno Phantom has HDR, NFC, USB type C. Every Nougat device (7.1) also has some form of 3D touch

There are also third party apps for some features listed there: Always On Display, Dual video recording

There is also Google assistant, a good substitution for the Bixby

Samsung Pay is non functional in this part of the world where the Tecno's market is

I don't think anybody is comparing Phantom 8 to Samsung s8. The strong point here is Phantom 8 is a huge bargain for the people that can't spend that much on a phone.

Samsung will find it hard to release a phone like phantom 8 at that price point without some compromises.

Both capture a different type of market. That's why tecno devices will continue to outsell Samsung flagships in this part of the world.

Tecno Phantom 8 is decent at that price. The only gripe I have with it is the processor. Regardless, it's very hard to purchase a 2017 phone with its features for less...

Cheers
Samsung c9 pro cost less than the phantom rubbish and is still far far better than the Tecno phone.

I dropped this comment because you said Samsung would struggle to release a phone with the spec of phantom 8 at the same price

6 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Decale: 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2017
samsam2019:
Samsung c9 pro cost less than the phantom rubbish and is still far far better than the Tecno phone.

I dropped this comment because you said Samsung would struggle to release a phone with the spec of phantom 8 at the same price

C9 pro is 135k, phantom 8 is 128k

C9 pro had some compromises in the design and camera. Phantom 8 is better in those 2 aspects.

Cheers

5 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by ZAWs: 11:40pm On Nov 14, 2017
Please you guys should show some respect to Samsung logo cus i still dont understand where this competition between tecno and Samsung is coming from

tecno of 2017 still dont feature NFC that even Samsung Galaxy S3 of 2013 featured

they are even celebrating dual window (with their ridiculous 2 is better than 22 syndrome) that Samsung and LG fans hav b enjoying for years.

Nonesense.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by michlins(m): 4:50am On Nov 15, 2017
Acidosis:

tecno

1 Like

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by michlins(m): 4:51am On Nov 15, 2017
Acidosis:

tecno or whatever
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by samsam2019: 8:04am On Nov 15, 2017
Decale:

C9 pro had some compromises in the design and camera. Phantom 8 is better in those 2 aspects.

Cheers
1st of, a friend bought 8t recently and it was around 118k or so.

And the phone is still better than the phantom 8 despite what you called "compromises" and also more beautiful

Let's not argue facts when we can easily do a spreadsheet of specs and compare and contrast through videos online

5 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Norman4real(m): 8:32am On Nov 15, 2017
samsam2019:

C9 pro costs more than phantom 8

1 Like

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Decale: 11:14am On Nov 15, 2017
samsam2019:
1st of, a friend bought 8t recently and it was around 118k or so.

And the phone is still better than the phantom 8 despite what you called "compromises" and also more beautiful

Let's not argue facts when we can easily do a spreadsheet of specs and compare and contrast through videos online

First of all, the c9 Pro goes for 135k or more. If he got it for 118k, it's not new. Even a meagre A5 2017 by Samsung costs more than the phantom 8.

Second of all, I never said Phantom 8 is better than the c9 Pro. If I had to choose one, I would go for the Samsung cos of the screen; processor and consequently, battery life.

But for someone that can't go that high for a smartphone, the phantom 8 is plenty good.

Lastly, Samsung made some compromises when compared to their flagships or even A series. Phantom 8 tends to be better in those aspects:

1) C9 pro utilized metal in their design. It's sturdy and of good quality but Phantom 8 upped them here. Phantom 8 has that nice fit and finish plus a 2.5D curved body, making it feel expensive.

2) C9 pro camera is a hit and miss. Don't let the megapixels or focal aperture deceive you. It's good in daylight photos [not better than Phantom 8] but below average in low light mode. Both phones aren't that good in the latter scenes but Phantom 8 shows more details. Even Samsung deprived the selfie camera with features.

3) C9 pro's speakers are a hit and miss. Add an earphone to utilize the audio quality, you still get same bland sounds. Phantom 8 did better here with loudness, clarity and highs.

4) This may be personal opinion too but I prefer Phantom 8's fingerprint sensor to C9 pro

I have close friends that use both. I myself use a Samsung s7. C9 pro is good in power and performance. However, Samsung made few compromises in media aspects to bring the price down. Everything isn't about specs...

Cheers!!!

6 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by samsam2019: 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2017
Decale:

First of all, the c9 Pro goes for 135k or more. If he got it for 118k, it's not new. Even a meagre A5 2017 by Samsung costs more than the phantom 8.

Second of all, I never said Phantom 8 is better than the c9 Pro. If I had to choose one, I would go for the Samsung cos of the screen; processor and consequently, battery life.

But for someone that can't go that high for a smartphone, the phantom 8 is plenty good.

Lastly, Samsung made some compromises when compared to their flagships or even A series. Phantom 8 tends to be better in those aspects:

1) C9 pro utilized metal in their design. It's sturdy and of good quality but Phantom 8 upped them here. Phantom 8 has that nice fit and finish plus a 2.5D curved glass, making it feel expensive.

2) C9 pro camera is a hit and miss. Don't let the megapixels or focal aperture deceive you. It's good in daylight photos [not better than Phantom 8] but below average in low light mode. Both phones aren't that good in the latter scenes but Phantom 8 shows more details. Even Samsung deprived the selfie camera with features.

3) C9 pro's speakers are a hit and miss. Add an earphone to utilize the audio quality, you still get same bland sounds. Phantom 8 did better here with loudness, clarity and highs.

4) This may be personal opinion too but I prefer Phantom 8's fingerprint sensor to C9 pro

I have close friends that use both. I myself use a Samsung s7. C9 pro is good in power and performance. However, Samsung made few compromises in media aspects to bring the price down. Everything isn't ain't specs...

Cheers!!!
you know what, murdafucker? I agree with you 99% but I would still pick the c9 pro over the phantom 8

3 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Acidosis(m): 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2017
michlins:
tecno or whatever
grin grin
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2017
Decale:

Cheers

Design is subjective and do you have proofs that phantom 8 shoots better than c9 pro?

1 Like

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Decale: 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
ollah1:

Design is subjective and do you have proofs that phantom 8 shoots better than c9 pro?

Lol. When did design become subjective? You can pick c9 pro over Samsung s8 just cos of its "superior" design. Lol

You need proofs cos I'm a reviewer? I already said I've shot with both phones and phantom's better. You can also google pictures from c9 Pro or check their forums...
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2017
Decale:

Lol. When did design become subjective? You can pick c9 pro over Samsung s8 just cos of its "superior" design. Lol

You need proofs cos I'm a reviewer? I already said I've shot with both phones and phantom's better. You can also google pictures from c9 Pro or check their forums...

Design is subjective. Some people will tell you iPhone 6 is the best phone Apple ever design while some will opt for iPhone 4 and 5.

Regarding camera, I haven't seen either of them and not interested but your tests isn't enough proof to conclude that. Yes, you can see some camera reviews about the C9 pro online but it's not compared to phantom 8 which makes it difficult to read a conclusion .

1 Like

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Decale: 6:29pm On Nov 15, 2017
ollah1:

Design is subjective. Some people will tell you iPhone 6 is the best phone Apple ever design while some will opt for iPhone 4 and 5.

Regarding camera, I haven't seen either of them and not interested but your tests isn't enough proof to conclude that. Yes, you can see some camera reviews about the C9 pro online but it's not compared to phantom 8 which makes it difficult to read a conclusion .

Okay, since you haven't seen either of them or shot with any of them, then you have no idea what we are talking about here. Then, this makes you trying to undermine my experience with both null and void.

So, please run off from my mentions till you touch one. Thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2017
Decale:

Okay, since you haven't seen either of them or shot with any of them, then you have no idea what we are talking about here. Then, this makes you trying to undermine my experience with both null and void.

So, please run off from my mentions till you touch one. Thanks

I haven't and that was a fact. It makes no sense lying about it, how did i undermine your experience? I simply stated, your own experience isn't enough to conclude phanton 8 shoots better. It is simply your own opinion. How is that difficult to comprehend?

Lastly, do you actually need to be salty before passing your message across?
Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Behankey(m): 7:07am On Dec 01, 2017
Decale:

1) C9 pro utilized metal in their design. It's sturdy and of good quality but Phantom 8 upped them here. Phantom 8 has that nice fit and finish plus a 2.5D curved body, making it feel expensive.

I have close friends that use both. I myself use a Samsung s7. C9 pro is good in power and performance. However, Samsung made few compromises in media aspects to bring the price down. Everything isn't about specs...

Cheers!!!
well said.

1 Like

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:18am On Dec 01, 2017
Samsung are every goodphones, but Techno are Getting there gradually also!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 01, 2017
Why comparing a lion to dig biko

1 Like

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by wildcatter23(m): 7:19am On Dec 01, 2017
The difference btw tecno and samsung

6 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by Pidginwhisper: 7:19am On Dec 01, 2017
Tecno na fone? Abeg shift undecided

3 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by nawtyme: 7:20am On Dec 01, 2017
I will always advise those who come to me for advice, a good fairly used Samsung phone is better than the best Tecno and infinix phone. There are so many other cheap and reliable Chinese brands of phones, but I wonder why our people stick with this crappy brands

5 Likes

Re: 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 by izenco2005(m): 7:20am On Dec 01, 2017
soor smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Create 2go Account |2go Registration Portal On Www.2go.im / Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use? / Best Twitter Apps For Nokia C3-00

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.