Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) (43247 Views)

Davido Wins Big At AFRIMA 2018: Full List Of Winners / Davido Wins MOBO Best African Act Awards (Video) / Davido Wins Song Of The Year & Video Of The Year At AFRIMMA 2017 | Full Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by mhayorstically7(m): 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
Pride Goes B4 A Fall... Now Who Is Local, Let No One Tel Me Odawise Cos Wiz Has Neva Won D 2 B4... I Just Love Dave For Being Too Real, Nt Sm Mfk Forming Being Accent 4gettn Hs Root

5 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by sehin79(m): 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2017
FACT ONLY

Oga no, the award was collected back from Wizkid last year and given to Tanzanian Alikiba. So, wizkid has no Ema award. Google and confirm.

Up OBO!
Shame on Wizkid for doing follow follow, fake patua accent and ass-licking of American artistes and yet he still did not win the biggest international award from Africa. [/quote]

5 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Banter1(m): 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2017
Silly boy
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by zicoraads: 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2017
The David is on FIA cheesy
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by verygudbadguy(m): 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nowenuse:

Oga no, the award was collected back from Wizkid last year and given to Tanzanian Alikiba. So, wizkid has no Ema award. Google and confirm.

Up OBO!
Shame on Wizkid for doing follow follow, fake patua accent and ass-licking of American artistes and yet he still did not win the biggest international award from Africa.
Just because Wiz doesn't make noise about his achievements does not he is got none. He is the most internationally recognized African artiste. I mean international awards. Tubaba is actually the boss in terms of numbers. Headies, Afrimma and the rest of Africans awards make up that of the King Tubaba.

That said, Wiz won BET this year making him the first African artiste to win twice. Won 3 billboards in the categories of collaboration on One dance. Won one billboard song writers award. Has won two MOBO. You never see him screaming about it because he believes he deserves more and can do better. Try and win "employee of the month" at your place of work before jumping on these boys achievements.

4 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Mofe72: 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nowenuse:

Up OBO!
Shame on Wizkid for doing follow follow, fake patua accent and ass-licking of American artistes and yet he still did not win the biggest international award from Africa.

Lmao, they're both making money from this so-called beef. cheesy
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by folahann(m): 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2017
Congrats Davido, this is a big one
Local frog voice winning international award.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Mofe72: 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2017
mhayorstically7:
Pride Goes B4 A Fall... Now Who Is Local, Let No One Tel Me Odawise Cos Wiz Has Neva Won D 2 B4... I Just Love Dave For Being Too Real, Nt Sm Mfk Forming Being Accent 4gettn Hs Root

Lol, so it's now a bad thing to sample foreign styles.

Even Fela used jazz in creating his style.

They are both good artistes
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Banter1(m): 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2017
mhayorstically7:
nothing real about the stupit egotistic spoilt brat. Very stupit a boy.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Sheun001(m): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2017
maklelemakukula:
This life is so funny, proves that ass-licking makes u lose value and self respect. I hope wiz kid has learned a thing or two from this. Do your thing, no dey follow people for yansh up and down, them go see you finish...do your thing, if we support you enough you'll be highly regarded. Don't change just to please people, I noticed wiz kid started doing patua in all his international songs, that's not who u you are Bro, be yourself and do your thing and be the wiz kid we've all grown to love.

exactly why I disliked him
he just decided to change entirely everything just to be recognized
was once a fan of him
but I saw the diligence and hard work of Dav I do
even tho he acts childish at times

8 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Lilimax(f): 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2017
May the Soul of Tagbo, DJ Olu and Chime that departed almost the same period rest in perfect peace. Amen

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by madewale(m): 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2017
Davido won the best African act, the best worldwide act winner is Lil' Kliene

2 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Thaheer(m): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
Davido is a Legend.. Being a Legend means doing legendary things,being a maestro.. He is the first african act to win two awards in one night First to win Best world-wide act.. His EP is better that wizkid's "Floppy Disk"(sftos).. because even though SOM didn't do so well.. The international collabo has videos.. Un-like someone featuring only someones voice in MP4.. Abeg Fia On OBO.. We dey your back like hunch..

7 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Walexybobo(m): 9:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
Abeg what type of MAD cos there r diff type of psychiatric center in nigeria o.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by bionixs: 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
Twizzy30:
TeamBaddest.
i already said it OBO is the true definition of Afro pop, his vibes is lit... Haters Before u spew nonsense here, Mtv ema worldwide act means OBO had to tug it out with the likes of Shawn mendes, Migos, Nicki, Cardi, in short everyone doing music in this world and he won it. Hardwork pays, Asslicking pays to some extent. grin
oga, could you kindly define pop? Nigerians wey no know music. those who sing noise make it in nigeria. voices all scattered,devoid of keys. I wonder why they sing gbedu and copy- dress like American hip-hop stars? fake copy cats! going by the genre of their songs, they should be dressing like Babalawos.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nowenuse:

Up OBO!

Wizkid won the award last year, he lost only Best African act to Alikiba.
NB_ The award is named Best International Act not Worldwide Act.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by bionixs: 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
bizclef:
chai..dis davido no get shame o,wizkid wey 1st win ham no make noise o, davido is running to be ahead of wizkid bt wizkid no even no say person dey run behind him. wizkid won 3 awards last night nd he ddnt even make any noise. he won BET again dis year yet no noise.
b4 u start to dey bash me wt insults, i knw MTV EMA is superior to AFRIMA bt rememember say wizkid don win ham too
I don't listen to those noise they call music but Wizkid is naturally gifted to make music. He is creative and has wonderful style and voice
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Twizzy30(m): 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
bionixs:
oga, could you kindly define pop? Nigerians wey no know music. those who sing noise make it in nigeria. voices all scattered,devoid of keys. I wonder why they sing gbedu and copy- dress like American hip-hop stars? fake copy cats! going by the genre of their songs, they should be dressing like Babalawos.
Last time i checked, wiz and davido's type of music is under afro pop.
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
bizclef:
chai..dis davido no get shame o,wizkid wey 1st win ham no make noise o, davido is running to be ahead of wizkid bt wizkid no even no say person dey run behind him. wizkid won 3 awards last night nd he ddnt even make any noise. he won BET again dis year yet no noise.
b4 u start to dey bash me wt insults, i knw MTV EMA is superior to AFRIMA bt rememember say wizkid don win ham too
I get am before no be property. brother take heart

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by dotcomnamename: 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ok
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by bionixs: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
Twizzy30:
Last time i checked, wiz and davido's type of music is under afro pop.
ok
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by OlaSammie: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
donstan18:
They said they are international, But our local DAVIDO is winning international award!!... Is God not a wonderful GOD!

Davido is on FIA, Not someone that's always singing " ye ye ye ye ye de know my story ooo... big baka ye ye ye oo"

grin grin grin

Laugh wan kill me for here o....you're right though,Wizkid is now lyrically empty

2 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Rick9(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2017
He deserved it
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2017
OBO on fire oo.
Congratulations..

1 Like

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Flashh: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2017
That's cool!
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Twizzy30(m): 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
bionixs:
ok
its funny tho, bruh u quote me on two diff threads same time. are u sure u are nt one of my village people?
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
Wizkid wasn't even nominated in this category, so I wonder what the whole fuss is about

Best Worldwide Act Winners
Lil' Kleine – The Netherlands
C. Tangana – Spain
BABYMETAL – Japan
Alma – Finland
Davido – Nigeria
Stormzy – UK
Lali – Argentina

2 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by pahen1991: 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nowenuse:

Up OBO!
shatap!!!
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by xcllaxix(m): 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
Exclusive32:
wizkid be staying here and be dragging afrima with emtee
Blood of Zecharaih!!..no chills!

6 Likes

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by ofuonyebi: 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
see davido ...ur star just started to shine....but try and win grammy award

to make these local honours more meaningful....don't think u hav arrived.

1 Like

Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by bionixs: 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
Twizzy30:
its funny tho, bruh u quote me on two diff threads same time. are u sure u are nt one of my village people?
hahahahahaha! you must not go near that portion of land close to the river by the road or the elders will gather for us
Re: Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) by mhayorstically7(m): 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
Mofe72:

Lol, so it's now a bad thing to sample foreign styles.

Even Fela used jazz in creating his style.

They are both good artistes
Afrobeat B4 Any Genre 4 Fela, Wiz Got Carried Away Bro, He Would Neva Last That Way, U No Fit Chop Banana Pass Monkey Itz Dea Food

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs / Grammy 2020 Awards: Burna Boy's Fans Support Him Over Angelique Kidjo / 9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.