Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Natural Hair Does Grow! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Natural Hair Does Grow! (930 Views)

Nigerian Natural Hair Community�� / I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me / My Experience Using Rhassoul Clay To Wash My Natural Hair(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Natural Hair Does Grow! by Trixxxy(f): 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hey guys!

This thread is about natural hair and all you need to know to grow your hair!
Now I realize that quite a number of people get lost when they see some abbreviations popular in the ‘Natural Hair Community‘… Like what on earth is ACV Hello? APL Wazzat?
Don’t worry, don’t worry! I gotcha! I’m here with a list of the most popular terms and abbreviations, relating to natural hair, that could possibly get you confused.
Let’s get into it!

APL: Armpit Length. Lol right? This term is used in respect of hair measurement. Your hair is APL when, if pulled down your back, it reaches down to your Armpit.

BSL: Bra Strap Length. Lmao this time? Yup. Bra strap length is a thing! This is where your hair pulled down your back reaches the top of your bra!� Now I could go on and on to WL (waist length), BL (butt length rotfl!)

ACV: Apple Cider Vinegar. Even though the primary use of ACV is in the kitchen, it has various other uses, ranging from healthcare to haircare! It’s been known to give hair a healthy shine, remove build-up, knots and tangles and all in all, keep the hair and scalp healthy.

LCO/LOC: Liquid-Cream-Oil/Liquid-Oil-Cream. A method of moisturising your hair and keeping it so for longer periods.

DC: Deep condition (or conditioner or conditioning lol. Use whatever fits) So, if you’ve read my previous posts, you know I’m big on deep conditioning because then, the conditioner really penetrates your hair strands and strengthens them.

Co-Wash: (Conditioner-only wash) This is where a conditioner, different from a dc, is used to wash the hair. There are some conditioners specifically formulated for cowashing however, a cheapie conditioner can also be used for this purpose. It doesn’t cleanse the hair as well as shampoo does, but it does add moisture to the hair. I personally do not cowash because I like for my scalp to be clean everytime I wash my hair.

PS: Protective Style. Styles which keep your hair tucked away.

Pre-poo: Pre-shampoo. This is anything that is applied to the hair before shampooing, to prevent the hair from being stripped by the shampoo. It could either be a mix of oils, for all the benefits including strength, repair and shine, or some conditioner, to detangle the hair and moisturise it. I usually go for oils, especially coconut oil.

SSK: Single strand knots. Because of the curly/coily/kinky nature of natural hair, it tends to knot on itself, especially towards the end of the strand. If you run your hand down the length of a strand of your hair, you’re likely to come across some tiny bumps on your ends. These are knots formed by your hair coiling on itself.

JBCO: Jamaican Black Castor Oil. A staple oil for many naturalistas because of its ability to stimulate hair growth. While I do not use JBCO, I looove castor oil because it’s thick and perfect for my strands.

For more information, head over to my blog. naijagirlonabudget..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natural Hair Does Grow! by holluwahdharmie(f): 11:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
Our 1st,2nd and 3rd batches were awesome .Opportunity once lost can never be regain.Here is a golden opportunity and its better if you grab it now!!!
Join our 4 days intensive training on how to be a boss in making natural products

Come and learn the CORRECT way of formulating organic products(industry standard)
Day 1

Learn how to work with formulation sheet .

Learn how to weigh each ingredients and convert to grams(videos).
. Basic equipments and uses
.Organic leave in conditioner
.Natural hair moisturizing shampoo
Day 2
Hair conditioner (rinse out)
Hair growth booster
Growth stimulating oil
Hair detangling spray
Day 3
.kiddies hair growth oil
.Kiddies hair butter
Organic hair mayonnaise
Twist and curl hair pudding
Day 4
Different types of hair treatment
Hair care tips and management
-Beard gang oil
-Beard moisturising cream

All these for #2500
Venue:whatsapp
Time:8:30pm
Date:....
If interested, Click on this group to join
https:///5LRvpxLbkrDF2CGgHqwP6D
Re: Natural Hair Does Grow! by Trixxxy(f): 10:18am On Nov 19, 2017
what does it mean to deep condition your hair?
You deep condition when you apply a deep conditioner to your hair and leave it on for a while, usually ranging from 20 minutes to an hour (some people even leave it on overnight), so the hair can absorb it.
      A deep conditioner is one that is specially formulated to penetrate the hair strands and nourish the hair.
      After applying the conditioner to your hair, cover it up with a shower cap or whatever plastic bag you have. This will trap the heat radiating from your scalp and allow the deep conditioner to penetrate your strands.

To see more about deep conditioning, click here https://naijagirlonabudget./2017/11/18/deep-conditioning/

(1) (Reply)

T-shirts You Should Avoid When Going On A Date / Make Up / Best Lace Aso Ebi Styles We Got Off The Instagram Over The Week (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.