Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,164 members, 7,807,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Why I Don't Like The NYSC Uniform - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why I Don't Like The NYSC Uniform (735 Views)

Anyone With Spare Nysc Uniform Willing To Sell / "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" / Is It Allowed? See How This Female Corp Member Styled Her NYSC Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Don't Like The NYSC Uniform by Nowayo4Real: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2017
The NYSC uniform promises more than it can offer

1. it gives a sense of security while in reality it's just a stride to vulnerability.

2. the observers think you are a damn rich Federal govt PIKIN while you are just waiting for the next alert to clear old debts.

3. the uniform claims to offer a sense of self fulfillment and completion while in the inside is the yearning for safety and fear of the unknown tomorrow.

4. people picture you to have secured tomorrow and only waiting for service to end to start that oil company job and pull new cars, while you haven't gotten any reply from all the places you sent your CV.

Don't get me wrong!
Am not trying to be pessimistic or an alarmist,
but while service is just a year, life after service is for decades.
But when the euphoria of CORPER clouds our judgement, sometimes we slip into acting as though service is forever.

Here is what I think:
Look beyond your service year and think about life after service.
-No more allowee
-Stipends and free accommodation
-No more uniform (people would barely know you went to school after service)
-No more excuse when responsibilities show up (all those people who are like "once am done with service, I won't call home for money again"wink
ACTION PLAN
If you 've got to learn a skill from an artisan, do it
-If you have companies you are close to, get closer, prepare for interviews
- just embark on any value addition exercise
ONE YEAR DOES NOT LAST FOREVER
Think!!!
Re: Why I Don't Like The NYSC Uniform by SerVik(m): 11:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
Yet people pay hundreds of thousands in runs fee just to wear that uniform. The irony of life.
Re: Why I Don't Like The NYSC Uniform by Nowayo4Real: 10:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
SerVik:
Yet people pay hundreds of thousands in runs fee just to wear that uniform. The irony of life.
It's annoying! cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Fashion Blog / Clearance Sale : German Imported New & Used Men Shoes Size 42 / The Bride Who Expertly Did Her Hair And Makeup For Her Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.