Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:32 PM

The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo (14366 Views)

Eze Eri & His Chiefs Wearing Jewish Apparel (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri / King Nwachukwu Nashid Koleoso Karade Eri, Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by chyz(m): 10:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
There is this false narrative being peddled around with the claim that the Igbo nation are the descendants of a man named Eri. Each day, this narrative grows new arms and legs. A man who was traditionally known as an Igala warrior who set up a camp at Aguleri, in today's Anambra State, suddenly became Eri, the son of Gad of the Bible, and the progenitor of the Igbo race. This fictitious biblical claim was hatched by members of the Eri lineage in Aguleri. It appears to have been a scheme to achieve the following:

http://www.dedechibublog.com/2017/11/the-gad-eri-lie-and-igbo.html?m=1

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by nwabobo: 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
La click la bend.

3 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
chyz:
There is this false narrative being peddled around with the claim that the Igbo nation are the descendants of a man named Eri. Each day, this narrative grows new arms and legs. A man who was traditionally known as an Igala warrior who set up a camp at Aguleri, in today's Anambra State, suddenly became Eri, the son of Gad of the Bible, and the progenitor of the Igbo race. This fictitious biblical claim was hatched by members of the Eri lineage in Aguleri. It appears to have been a scheme to achieve the following:

Igbo-phobia is bad for your health

4 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Xway(m): 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2017
chyz:

No election in aaambra.
Nigerdelta avengers

2 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Ojiofor: 11:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
Eri and Gad story is another fraud of the century.

6 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 6:39am On Nov 14, 2017
zenmaster:

Igbo-phobia is bad for your health

Igbophobia?

You people have used that word so much has lost all meaning. So if someone doesn't believe Oduduwa came from Arabia, like some people claim, he is now Yoruba-phobic.

Many proud Igbos believe the Hebrew claims are nonsense, and they are still proud Igbos.

8 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 14, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Igbophobia?

You people have used that word so much has lost all meaning. So if someone doesn't believe Oduduwa came from Arabia, like some people claim, he is now Yoruba-phobic.
We are talking about Igbo people.

RedboneSmith:

Many proud Igbos believe the Hebrew claims are nonsense, and they are still proud Igbos.
This is not a good argument.

2 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 8:00am On Nov 14, 2017
zenmaster:

We are talking about Igbo people.

It was an analogy - you know what that means?

This is not a good argument.

It is a good argument, in context of your using 'Igbophobia' on Igbos who disagree with the Hebrew story.

And stop sharing screenshots from books written when the diffusionist and the Hamitic hypotheses were the only way people could explain the rise of culture in Africa. African history as a robust field of scholarship has advanced beyond that nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 14, 2017
RedboneSmith:

It was an analogy - you know what that means?
Yes but not all analogies fly

RedboneSmith:

It is a good argument, in context of your using 'Igbophobia' on Igbos who disagree with the Hebrew story.

And stop sharing screenshots from books written when the diffusionist and the Hamitic hypotheses were the only way people could explain the rise of culture in Africa. African history as a robust field of scholarship has advanced beyond that nonsense.
This one was published November 11, 2014. Long after the demise of the hamitic hypothesis

1 Like

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Legitman22(m): 9:17am On Nov 14, 2017
It's only Eri villages that claim Israel origin, not all Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 9:36am On Nov 14, 2017
zenmaster:

Yes but not all analogies fly

This one was published November 11, 2014. Long after the demise of the hamitic hypothesis

Yes, by Daniel Lis. One of the voodoo doctors striving to keep the corpse of the dead hypothesis active.

Secondly, I hope you know the book only documents a claim, and never sealed it as irrefutable fact.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 14, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Yes, by Daniel Lis. One of the voodoo doctors striving to keep the corpse of the dead hypothesis active.

Secondly, I hope you know the book only documents a claim, and never sealed it as irrefutable fact.
Despite your bad belle, Eze Eri keeps getting multiple invitations to Jewish events.

1 Like

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 10:32am On Nov 14, 2017
zenmaster:

Despite your bad belle, Eze Eri keeps getting multiple invitations to Jewish events.

"Bad belle"? LMAO! Over what, bikonu?

Whatever functions the Ezeora of Aguleri or anybody else for that matter attends has no bearing on facts. This function was even organised by wannabe Jews of European descent. So it's the ideal place for him to be - among other wannabes.

Again, please explain what there is to have "bad belle" about in this matter.

3 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 14, 2017
RedboneSmith:

"Bad belle"? LMAO! Over what, bikonu?

Whatever functions the Ezeora of Aguleri or anybody else for that matter attends has no bearing on facts. This function was even organised by wannabe Jews of European descent. So it's the ideal place for him to be - among other wannabes.

Again, please explain what there is to have "bad belle" about in this matter.
If you dont have bad-belle, why is the matter paining you like this? grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 10:44am On Nov 14, 2017
zenmaster:

If you dont have bad-belle, why is the matter paining you like this? grin grin

To normal people, correcting fallacies (which is what I have been doing here and on the other thread) is not "bad belle" and "paining". Maybe you're the one pained by my refutation of pseudohistorical junk. undecided

I have a stake in the way Igbo history is told or mistold, because I am Igbo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 14, 2017
RedboneSmith:

To normal people, correcting fallacies (which is what I have been doing here and on the other thread) is not "bad belle" and "paining". Maybe you're the one pained by my refutation of pseudohistorical junk. undecided
Correcting fallacies while embracing new fallacies grin grin grin

RedboneSmith:

I have a stake in the way Igbo history is told or mistold, because I am Igbo.
Good.
Please wake up from your slumber
Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 11:19am On Nov 14, 2017
zenmaster:

Please wake up from your slumber

I could say the same for all you Igbo Zionists.

2 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 14, 2017
RedboneSmith:

I could say the same for all you Igbo Zionists.
Years of academic research point to the the Igbo-Hebrew connection.

Your personal incredulity is not enough to refute the mass of research work.
Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 11:22am On Nov 14, 2017
zenmaster:

Correcting fallacies while embracing new fallacies grin grin grin

NEW fallacies?? LMAO!

Your great grand father never knew nothing about no Jewish connection. The pure unadulterated oral tradition of the Igbo people didn't say zit about Israel. It is something Western-educated people sneaked into our story.

Tell me again between the two of us who is peddling NEW fallacies?

4 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 14, 2017
RedboneSmith:

NEW fallacies?? LMAO!

Your great grand father never knew nothing about no Jewish connection. The pure unadulterated oral tradition of the Igbo people didn't say zit about Israel. It is something Western-educated people sneaked into our story.

Tell me again between the two of us who is peddling NEW fallacies?
Go and study.

1 Like

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 11:28am On Nov 14, 2017
zenmaster:

Years of academic research point to the the Igbo-Hebrew connection.

Your personal incredulity is not enough to refute the mass of research work.

Mass of research work from who? The Igbo nation has produced an impressive train of world-acknowledged historians:

Dr Kenneth Dike

Professor Anene

Adele Afigbo

Don Ohadike

John Oriji.

Etc.

None of them support this Israel trite. Afigbo, the doyen of Igbo historical studies, explicitly calls it nonsense.

Only quacks (many of them not even proper historians) who self-publish because their work is too crappy to be accepted by reputable journals support this Israel myth. So much for "mass of research work".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 11:31am On Nov 14, 2017
zenmaster:

Go and study.

I only need to look at the name of the writer to know it is not worth my time. A "Rabbi Tochukwu" will write anything to attach himself to a people whose religion he has appropriated.

1 Like

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 14, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Mass of research work from who? The Igbo nation has produced an impressive train of world-acknowledged historians:

Dr Kenneth Dike

Professor Anene

Adele Afigbo

Don Ohadike

John Oriji.

Etc.

None of them support this Israel trite. Afigbo, the doyen of Igbo historical studies, explicitly calls it nonsense.

Only quacks (many of them not even proper historians) who self-publish because their work is too crappy to be accepted by reputable journals support this Israel myth. So much for "mass of research work".
Daniel Lis is not a quack

2 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 14, 2017
RedboneSmith:

I only need to look at the name of the writer to know it is not worth my time. A "Rabbi Tochukwu" will write anything to attach himself to a people whose religion he has appropriated.
CNN is not quack also

2 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2017
zenmaster:

CNN is not quack also

Surely you can tell the difference between reporting a claim and confirming that said claim is correct.

2 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Surely you can tell the difference between reporting a claim and confirming that said claim is correct.
Respect your elders grin

1 Like

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2017
zenmaster:

Daniel Lis is not a quack

I have told you this before. Daniel Lis studied a claim.

Daniel Lis did not in the book prove or even set out to prove the correctness of that claim.

You never even read the book or you would have known this.

And Daniel Lis is one historian.

I gave you a list of distinguished Igbo historians. You gave me the name of one little-known white man.

If it was the other way around now, and I was the one bringing up the name of a white scholar, it is still people like you that will accuse me of believing a white man can tell our history better than our own scholars.

2 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2017
Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2017
RedboneSmith:

I have told you this before. Daniel Lis studied a claim.

And Afigbo did not make claims himself?

1 Like

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2017
zenmaster:

Respect your elders grin

These are not my elders. My elders will not disgrace their heritage in this manner. smiley

But if you show me a picture of Aguleri chiefs wearing the star of David in 1940, I will consider respecting these people.

3 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by RedboneSmith(m): 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2017
zenmaster:

And Afigbo did not make claims himself?

You are not following at all, are you?

Afigbo made no claims; he called out an unfounded claim because it was {dramatic pause} unfounded.

3 Likes

Re: The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2017
RedboneSmith:

These are not my elders. My elders will not disgrace their heritage in this manner. smiley

But if you show me a picture of Aguleri chiefs wearing the star of David in 1940, I will consider respecting these people.
grin grin grin
You really need to go and study.
Go for the festival and respect our Omenala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Offensive Proverbs / Why Do Nairalanders Have An Obsession With Skin Tones? / Where And How North Got Its Political Logo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.