Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years (21404 Views)

Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup In Qatar / Italy Fail To Qualify For First World Cup In 60 Years / List Of 8 Countries That Have Qualified For World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by MaconAwire(m): 6:05am On Nov 14, 2017
WETIN B ITALY?? . . . pipu wey cut 1.5 both first n second leg that one na team?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by CzarChris(m): 6:05am On Nov 14, 2017
How did this even happen?
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 14, 2017
ademusiwa3r:
The pope is going to cry
The pope is Argentine

6 Likes

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Yhemit(m): 6:06am On Nov 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by steno1: 6:10am On Nov 14, 2017
Is Nigeria time to lift the world cup

1 Like

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by iluvpomo(m): 6:10am On Nov 14, 2017
in 1994, Italy knocked out the Super Eagles in the Round of 16. Maybe in this World Cup, we can reach the Quarter Finals or better grin cool

1 Like

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by iluvpomo(m): 6:10am On Nov 14, 2017
Yhemit:
link ....Italy coach resigned
He was going to get sacked anyway!

1 Like

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by MostBanned: 6:15am On Nov 14, 2017
mazimee:

I thought I was the only one that saw that, let me launch the meme already.

Lalasticlala, when he waits all day on Nairaland , and there is no sign of a snake thread coming forth

Chai! WHICH KAIN WÀHÁLA BE THIS grin

4 Likes

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by wambosamuel1980: 6:17am On Nov 14, 2017
This is painful a bad team lose and a good team qualify there is no point of feeling the pains, bad preparation.
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Sike(m): 6:17am On Nov 14, 2017
lexyman:
italian football is going down ... i saw it coming when they dont score more than a goal . ..football has gone beyond scoring one and parking the bus ... s
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by coputa(m): 6:17am On Nov 14, 2017
Italy absence in Russia 2018,will take away the shine and make it boring.
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:19am On Nov 14, 2017
I wish Germany, Brazil and Argentina didn't qualify, it would've been a different ball game with new Winner, probably I'm seeing the chance of Africa/Nigeria lifting the trophy in more dramatical way... abeg wake me up before I wet my bed grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Ajebusta(m): 6:28am On Nov 14, 2017
Super Eagle go beat this people
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by fredoooooo: 6:28am On Nov 14, 2017
Mukina2 and Assnal effects grin

Chic2pimp can we have ll Italian to China too may be this will help grin grin

Nonsense and jagbajagba of a country grin grin
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by emperormossad(m): 6:31am On Nov 14, 2017
13ShadesOfMay:
Buffon has played his last match for his country. He's one of the best GK the football world has ever produced. A true mountain of a man, a legenddd!!!!
Legend that cannot qualify for ordinary world cup. Mtcheew. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by emperormossad(m): 6:33am On Nov 14, 2017
Spaxon:
haaa. Lala u wake early today o...

E better only if Nigeria will capitalise on this, They can Reach the Semi-Finals..

Sha till then
Even if Lai mohammed do press conference, nigeria will not pass group stage.
Mark my words.
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Oxenomy: 6:45am On Nov 14, 2017
The irony is that they might even com back next time and lift the trophy
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Lyord69(m): 6:46am On Nov 14, 2017
MrWondah:
I go miss balloteli and Pogba they look like brothers grin

Make Nigeria sign Balloteli na
Which kind wahala b dis ...

3 Likes

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Morikaih: 6:49am On Nov 14, 2017
Lol....Mario right now..
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Sammy07: 6:54am On Nov 14, 2017
AFONJAPIG:
I wish Germany, Brazil and Argentina didn't qualify, it would've been a different ball game with new Winner, probably I'm seeing the chance of Africa/Nigeria lifting the trophy in more dramatical way... abeg wake me up before I wet my bed grin grin grin

Future Impossible Tense grin

At least one of them will qualify...

Even if it happens as you said it..

The Africa team will be EGYPT

1 Like

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by muller101(m): 6:55am On Nov 14, 2017
It's nothing Nigeria will be sent home very early . They won't survive the preliminary stage.
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Reference(m): 6:58am On Nov 14, 2017
AFONJAPIG:

It is Brazil's turn to win it. Anyway Italian soccer has been on a decline for close to a decade symptomatic with the performances of their clubs internationally. Gone are the days when two or three serie a teams got to the latter knockout stages in the UCL or Europa regularly and the fact that the serie a has a dominant team in Juventus for so long speaks of a lack of competitiveness at then very top. Italians and their teams are not investing in football as they used to. That tardiness has to catch up someday.

Then you have the facts of the modern game as I had mentioned with the Mourinho misses. This is the era of the strikers. The era of high pressing, blistering counter-attacks and an overload of goals. The traditional Italian game has no place here. The flair teams of AC Milan and Internazionale are dead. Even Conte has abandoned that at Chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 14, 2017
The whole 2006 Group D failed to Qualify.
USA, Czech, Ghana, Italy.

9 Likes

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Reference(m): 7:06am On Nov 14, 2017
muller101:
It's nothing Nigeria will be sent home very early . They won't survive the preliminary stage.

Nigeria has an above than average record in international tourneys at all levels so I am optimistic about our fortunes and with a team that can be described as second only to the 94 squad the least I expect is a runners up spot on the log after the groupies.

1 Like

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Spaxon(f): 7:15am On Nov 14, 2017
emperormossad:

Even if Lai mohammed do press conference, nigeria will not pass group stage.
Mark my words.
savage
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Chukazu: 7:15am On Nov 14, 2017
this is the worst and most technically inept Italian coach of all ages. it beats imagination they allowed him to continue his toothless pursuit

and for the first time in my entire life ,two of my most loved nations , Italy and Netherlands won't be at the world cup in same year.

what a disastrous world cup for meundecided

would probably focus on Nigerian league instead
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 14, 2017
Don't cry for me Italia smiley I wish it had been don't cry for me Argentina smiley smiley smiley The truth is I never wanted to see the Albieceleste at the World Cup in Russia.

1 Like

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 14, 2017
Thank God they didn't qualify, the useless team cut my 10k ticket making me retire from sport betting. its a good thing we are both feeling the pain.

3 Likes

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by nonjebose(m): 7:21am On Nov 14, 2017
Not too surprised. The Serie A has not been very competitive nor attractive for a while. The Italian FA should emulate England and Germany's policy on youth soccer development, which has seen these nations churning out exciting young players. The corruption scandal of some years back really scared and discouraged investors from the league. This is a deserving rude shock for them

1 Like

Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by sinola(m): 7:21am On Nov 14, 2017
MrWondah:
I go miss balloteli and Pogba they look like brothers grin

Make Nigeria sign Balloteli na

Pogba is not Italian but French.He is coming to Russia
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by emperormossad(m): 7:22am On Nov 14, 2017
Spaxon:
savage
I'm just a learner baby...
Re: Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years by Chukazu: 7:23am On Nov 14, 2017
Reference:

Nigeria has an above than average record in international tourneys at all levels so I am optimistic about our fortunes and with a team that can be described as second only to the 94 squad the least I expect is a runners up spot on the log after the groupies.

secondly to 94 squad when there was 98 squad?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"We Don't Play Playstation Football":Jurgen Klopp To Reporter After Everton Draw / Enyeama & Family Enjoy Boat Cruise As He Celebrates 10th Wedding Anniversary / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Can Do Better Than Morocco – NFF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.