Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:01 AM

Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest (24119 Views)

Major Ethnic Groups By Population In Africa - Wikipedia / Lalong Appoints Shehu Bala, Hausa-Fulani As Chairman, Plateau Indigenes Kick / Map Of Nigeria With Major Ethnic Tribe On Each Region And State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by slimmax: 7:45am On Nov 14, 2017
Bede2u:
Lol. I thought it was 'One north' or is Arewa now having cracks in their house? Which of the northern ethnic groups is greater than the Fulani? A group that conquared all the tribes in the north and some in the SW? A group that brought Islam to most of u. Why are u all sad at this development? Have u guys not helped them in killing Igbos in the past?
Look at jos... a once serene city with the best climate and tourism potential in Nigeria.... now a no-go area because u all embraced the jihadist fulani against reasonable people in the south.
The christian middle belt should look around sub saharan africa and see the most developed countries and ask themselves if muslim countries are among them.
Until the middle belt joins the south to cut the hausa-fulani to size, Nigeria wont move forward.
Guy try travel small na, make you see places and know cultures. you just sit down for your house dey say all north na hausa.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by EWAagoyin(m): 7:45am On Nov 14, 2017
F
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by HAH: 7:47am On Nov 14, 2017
If this people say Hausa- Fulani cannot claim plateau why are the oldest parts of jos their capital all belonging to Hausa's
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by malton: 7:55am On Nov 14, 2017
HAH:
If this people say Hausa- Fulani cannot claim plateau why are the oldest parts of jos their capital all belonging to Hausa's

Okay, here's why:

When the white men made to enter Plateau during the pre-colonial times, the locals resisted them. Then came the colonial days, and the beginning of tin mining activities. In an effort to get back at the locals, the oyibo men "imported" workers from Bauchi and provided them lands to build, sidelining the locals.

People from different parts of the country began to take notice of this and trooped into Jos in droves. Of these people, the Hausas and Igbos were the majority. The locals were mainly settled in villages at the time. Jos north was the commercial nerve center of the town then. So it attracted the most population of people. Unfortunately, with the mass emigration of Igbos before and during the civil war, the Hausas bought houses from departing Igbos at giveaway prices. They capitalised on that to build the population that you speak of.

Also, it is for this same reason that they did everything necessary to get Hausa into the church. When the missionaries came, they wanted to use Ngas, one of the major Plateau indigenous languages, but the colonial masters resisted their attempts, forcing them to adopt Hausa instead.

Unfortunately, we have people like Lalong who is too dumb to help reverse all these. Asides Jang, all other Plateau leaders have been too lilly livered to tackle the issues head-on.

4 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Prestdude: 7:57am On Nov 14, 2017
This is disturbing.....

1 Like

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by adeoyun(m): 7:59am On Nov 14, 2017
When we told them not to vote APC them no hear

1 Like

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by ACHILLES45: 8:01am On Nov 14, 2017
malton:
It's obvious that Lalong underwent a rapprochement with the Hausa-Fulani community. And that required him to put the Plateau people down.

The man has been nothing but a sellout since he assumed leadership. A good-for-nothing nonentity that is a personification of the 'bad and nocent." First he appointed a Hausa-Fulani as commissioner, and now this.

He's been subtly aiding the Fulani attacks on Plateau indigenes with his foot-dragging. I can deal with his corruption, including building a multimillion naira home in Taraba. But this is taking it too far.

He'd go down as one of the most infamous betrayers in my dear state. Can't believe my people overlooked the smart, educated, eloquent, and highly dynamic GNS Pwajok for this pestiferous gobshite that doesn't little as inspire hate. I feel sorry for the clueless thing! It's no wonder he's the most reviled "thing" on the plateau today!

Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44. Abeg morning don do.

Jang, we miss you.

stop crying boy, next time vote GEJ.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by cstr1000: 8:02am On Nov 14, 2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by maj007(m): 8:06am On Nov 14, 2017
There is nothing wrong in the listing.

Fulani is one of the major languages / ethnic groups in Plateau State.

The largest local govt (in terms of land mass) has a Fulani ruling dynasty. In fact, the King is one of the First Class Kings in the State and Nigeria at large. The people of the local govt are predominantly Fulani and Jukun.

So Nairalanders should always get their facts straight before making condemnation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by BlowBack: 8:07am On Nov 14, 2017
This one nah small thing now.

How about in Benue where fulanis are claiming to be the first settlers.

There is an entire local govt area in Benue bordering Cross Rivers where fulani have displaced the Tivi people and through Miyetti Allah, they are claiming to the original settlers.

So much for Igbo land grabbers

4 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by urahara(m): 8:08am On Nov 14, 2017
Bede2u:
Lol. I thought it was 'One north' or is Arewa now having cracks in their house? Which of the northern ethnic groups is greater than the Fulani? A group that conquared all the tribes in the north and some in the SW? A group that brought Islam to most of u. Why are u all sad at this development? Have u guys not helped them in killing Igbos in the past?
Look at jos... a once serene city with the best climate and tourism potential in Nigeria.... now a no-go area because u all embraced the jihadist fulani against reasonable people in the south.
The christian middle belt should look around sub saharan africa and see the most developed countries and ask themselves if muslim countries are among them.
Until the middle belt joins the south to cut the hausa-fulani to size, Nigeria wont move forward.

1. The Fulanis didn't bring Islam to the north.

2. The Fulani's didn't conquer all the tribes in the north .they conquered the Hausa states .

........sigh......

........u probably think the north is all Hausa.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by urahara(m): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2017
slimmax:

Guy try travel small na, make you see places and know cultures. you just sit down for your house dey say all north na hausa.

grin cheesy grin
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by tolguy(m): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2017
Bede2u:
can u compare ur country wit Egypt morocco or tunisia?stop deceiving urself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by 9jja(f): 8:21am On Nov 14, 2017
urahara:

2. The Fulani's didn't conquer all the tribes in the north .they conquered the Hausa states .

........sigh......

Who then did?
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by 9jja(f): 8:21am On Nov 14, 2017
The people of Plateau helped to fight the Igbos all in the name that they are northerners. The real north later came and pay them back handsomely burning their houses, killing their young ones, raping their wives and their children right in their presence, destroying their farmland and their crop. I do not see anything wrong if the the people of Plateau are incorporating their master.

Surprised that Lantang which is Yakubu Gowon tribe is listed. Where is that fool self?

God says I WILL CONTEND WITH THEM THAT CONTEND WITH YOU. They should go and ask Saro Wiwa how far?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by mabea: 8:23am On Nov 14, 2017
BlowBack:

There is an entire local govt area in Benue bordering Cross Rivers where fulani have displaced the Tivi people and through Miyetti Allah, they are claiming to the original settlers.

Can you show me where igbos grabbed or coveted anybody's land in the history of nigeria or cover ur face in shame.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Bede2u(m): 8:29am On Nov 14, 2017
tolguy:
can u compare ur country wit Egypt morocco or tunisia?stop deceiving urself
is egypt morocco and tunisia sub saharan African? Wat of somalia or mouritiania or chad or niger republic or gambia or sudan?

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by antyokya: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2017
Bede2u:

Please my brother, you have every right to write but accurately. It's not every ethnic group in the said North that was conquered by the Fulanis. In 18806, the jihad headed by Othman Danfodio was soundly defeated at Ushongo hills in Ushongo local government of Benue State. They never conquered the Tiv people, they never conquered the Jukun people, they never conquered the Plateau tribes. The main reason Tiv people are 99.9999% christians, the main reason the invasion tagged 'farmers-herdsmen clashes in these states. History is your friend and probably not the police. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Bede2u(m): 8:35am On Nov 14, 2017
urahara:

........sigh......

Fulani brought Islam to the islamic part of north. Yes they conquered the hausa states only but was able to convince the remaining to join the northern region when Britiain stopped their conquest.

Meanwhile they conquered ilorin, a yoruba state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Etuagievin(m): 8:35am On Nov 14, 2017
gerald09:
it's sad, the kinda things our youth see as a problem, really blows my mind!!
my brother if they don't act now they will not only take over plateau state, they may ask plateau to leave their own land. people from kwara will explain better.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Bede2u(m): 8:36am On Nov 14, 2017
slimmax:

Am not in Nigeria at the moment, boy

1 Like

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by MikeBetty(m): 8:36am On Nov 14, 2017
This Is Very Serious Issue. Well, Fulani Now Is A Major Tribe In Jos. Soon They Will Take Over Nassarawa, Benue And Kogi. My Happiness In SouthEast Is That Sugar And Oil Does Not Easily Mix Unless When Exposed To A Very High Temperature. Sugar Is Soluble In Water But Insoluble In Oil. NC States Can Be Likened To Water, While Fulani Is The Sugar.
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 14, 2017
malton:

Bros, there's not even a single Fulani tribe on the Plateau. Not even in neighbouring states up north let alone Plateau. They are mostly covetous marauders, and nothing more!

The governor is just a serving traitor and collaborator who has betrayed his own people for only God knows what!

says who, them dey plenty for bauchi state, besides the ones in plateau are almost half the number of the ones located in Bauchi. or have you forgotten how your Christian brothers slaughtered their whole village full of pregnant women & children. which is the main reason the fulanis can't forgive ur murderous assess. well, what ever, keep deceiving urself, ur eye go soon clear

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by malton: 8:43am On Nov 14, 2017
Jiang:

says who, them dey plenty for bauchi state, besides the ones in plateau are almost half the number of the ones located in Bauchi. or have you forgotten how your Christian brothers slaughtered their whole village full of pregnant women & children. which is the main reason the fulanis can't forgive ur murderous assess. well, what ever, keep deceiving urself, ur eye go soon clear

Is there anywhere in Nigeria where you won't find a fulani settlement? Does that make them indigenous tribes in those states as well? Truth is, Fulani are indigenous to places like Adamawa and Gombe only. Even there, they are immigrants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 14, 2017
9jja:
The people of Plateau helped to fight the Igbos all in the name that they are northerners. The real north later came and pay them back handsomely burning their houses, killing their young ones, raping their wives and their children right in their presence, destroying their farmland and their crop. I do not see anything wrong if the the people of Plateau are incorporating their master.

Surprised that Lantang which is Yakubu Gowon tribe is listed. Where is that fool self?

God says I WILL CONTEND WITH THEM THAT CONTEND WITH YOU. They should go and ask Saro Wiwa how far?

As always u people are good at playing the victims, while ur brothers are the source of said troubles, you expect the fulanis to take shyt from you. Go tell them...They are wrong, they messed with the wrong people & I sure hell don't pity any modafuvker that had a hand in that Jos crisis, I saw first hand ur brethren kill people & paraded their skulls at round abouts

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by fadaonyenna(m): 9:00am On Nov 14, 2017
malton:
It's obvious that Lalong underwent a rapprochement with the Hausa-Fulani community. And that required him to put the Plateau people down.

The man has been nothing but a sellout since he assumed leadership. A good-for-nothing nonentity that is a personification of the 'bad and nocent." First he appointed a Hausa-Fulani as commissioner, and now this.

He's been subtly aiding the Fulani attacks on Plateau indigenes with his foot-dragging. I can deal with his corruption, including building a multimillion naira home in Taraba. But this is taking it too far.

He'd go down as one of the most infamous betrayers in my dear state. Can't believe my people overlooked the smart, educated, eloquent, and highly dynamic GNS Pwajok for this pestiferous gobshite that doesn't little as inspire hate. I feel sorry for the clueless thing! It's no wonder he's the most reviled "thing" on the plateau today!

Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44. Abeg morning don do.

Jang, we miss you.
We d igbo pipul living in plateau state tried 2 caution ya all wen ur pipul wia shawting chanji upandan,buh we wia told 2 shut up dat yu all re brodas and we r d enemies of d progress if d state.
E pain me say afta all d crisis we all went thru togeda,we fought fiz monsters 2geda.....all of a sudden dey bought yu guys ova...yu sold ya birthright ova a plate of porridge.Now fiz hausa Fulani bastards ve almost taken ova awa beloved plateau.....Almost all d contracts and roads being done re in dia areas,from angwan rogo down to new market and it environs....me yaf tire self
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by mujaya1(m): 9:04am On Nov 14, 2017
magoo10:
[s]Fulani herdsmen have a ground breaking record recognized by the world as the fourth deadliest terrorist group.[/s]
what about ipob, your hate about my fulani brother can not take you anywhere,
Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by urahara(m): 9:05am On Nov 14, 2017
9jja:

Who then did?

Desert trader Muslims during the 9th century

1 Like

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by gamaliel9: 9:07am On Nov 14, 2017
Igbos are a major ethnic tribe in Yobe and Bornu States. How about that? shocked

1 Like

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by mujaya1(m): 9:11am On Nov 14, 2017
malton:

Is there anywhere in Nigeria where you won't find a fulani settlement? Does that make them indigenous tribes in those states as well? Truth is, Fulani are indigenous to places like Adamawa and Gombe only. Even there, they are immigrants.
sannu citizen of the world, go check history from where igbo, tiv come, people living in stone before coming of white people.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by nwaanambra1(m): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2017
malton:

Okay, here's why:

When the white men made to enter Plateau during the pre-colonial times, the locals resisted them. Then came the colonial days, and the beginning of tin mining activities. In an effort to get back at the locals, the oyibo men "imported" workers from Bauchi and provided them lands to build, sidelining the locals.

People from different parts of the country began to take notice of this and trooped into Jos in droves. Of these people, the Hausas and Igbos were the majority. The locals were mainly settled in villages at the time. Jos north was the commercial nerve center of the town then. So it attracted the most population of people. Unfortunately, with the mass emigration of Igbos before and during the civil war, the Hausas bought houses from departing Igbos at giveaway prices. They capitalised on that to build the population that you speak of.

Also, it is for this same reason that they did everything necessary to get Hausa into the church. When the missionaries came, they wanted to use Ngas, one of the major Plateau indigenous languages, but the colonial masters resisted their attempts, forcing them to adopt Hausa instead.

Unfortunately, we have people like Lalong who is too dumb to help reverse all these. Asides Jang, all other Plateau leaders have been too lilly livered to tackle the issues head-on.

is that a serious note of regret in your voice? is the indigenous people of plateau state now regretting joining the jihadist hausa-fulanis to kill the Igbos?

Anyways sha! if una dey include fulani as a major tribe in plateau, you guys should not forget to include the Igbos too - after all, its on record the Igbos make up 27% population of plateau state.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest by mujaya1(m): 9:22am On Nov 14, 2017
[/b]
BlowBack:

every one know tiv come from congo, igbo go back to isreal if you think they will accept you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Border closure killing us, Ogun monarchs declare / Buhari Distances Self From Plot To Draft Jonathan Into Presidential Race / DAYS TO INAUGURATION: Service Chiefs, Personal Security Top Tinubu’s Priorities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.