Stats: 3,143,474 members, 7,781,383 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:32 PM

Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing (28112 Views)

TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by akinemma1: 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
One major problem we have in christianity today is the lack of PROPER bible study and interpretation. If we can getit right in that aspect, we will get it right in many other aspects as well. I smile most times when i see people quote Malachi 3 as their defense for tithe. Have you taken your time to read the WHOLE BOOK of Malachi? Do you know that the instruction in Malachi 3 was given to the Levites and priests? Do you know that the tithes mentioned there is actually the "tithes of tithes"? Do you know that the blessing referred to in that chapter is simply "rain"? Do you know what the devourer actually is?These are questions that need to be answered. Do you know that there is no where in the bible where people tithed"money"? Only crops and livestocks were tithed. Do you know that none of the Apostles taught about tithe as a system of giving in their epistles? Not even Peter and James did that? Do you still believe that God can curse a believer he came to save simply because he did not pay tithes? Do you even know that the only set of people recognised by the law to receive tithes were the Levites? Even Abram that tithed before the Law, do you know that he did it ONCE? And that was from the spoils of war not even his own personal properties.Sincerely speaking sir, i think it's high time we take proper bible study and interpretation seriously. There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between the OLD TESTAMENT and the NEW TESTAMENT. When we come to terms with that, then we begin to see things clearly as we should.There is NOBODY that can accurately defend the compulsory payment of tithes from the scriptures. Even most men of God know this, that is why NONE of them have come out to give a proper biblical explanation on that subject aside threatening people with the curses in Malachi. A lot of youths are now reading their bibles now and God is revealing the truth of his word to them. We don't give to be blessed by God, We give because we are already blessed by God.And just to let you know, i did not just know these truths so you won't think i was"deceived" with the recent online debate on the issue. My allegiance is to the WORD OF GOD.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Einl(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:
there is an height you can never achieve in life... Except you give

Ask King Solom

Absolutely not true. At all. Not true. Don’t be deceived.

David became a king because he gave his sheep grass?

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by TEYA: 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by zoedew: 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
lacidi:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/11/anglican-primate-okoh-speaks-tithe-controversy/

Not a single scripture quote for folks to open The Bible and read! #LetterKilleth
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by uzohrome(m): 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
Yes the same reply I gave my pastor on facebook profile and he blocked me, tithing is not compulsory for Christians but a thing of choice, you will reap what you sow. Jusus is the only way. Nothing more

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:

Ask King Solom

how much has Bill gates and Dangote given

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Shegzy8(m): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
pepemendy:
today is my birthday show some love famz
happy birthday..remain blessed
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
Einl:

Absolutely not true. At all. Not true. Don’t be deceived.

David became a king because he gave his sheep grass?
I won't go with you further.

"I will never offer to God that which cost me nothing" David
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Einl(m): 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:
I won't go with you further.

"I will never offer to God that which cost me nothing" David

When was the last time u had sex?
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by elipheleh(m): 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2017
Message of prosperity is part and parcel of Salvation. Devil had kept the church in abject poverty for many years and even mocked Christianity with a phrase " as poor as a church rat".
Now the church has taken its proper position as the controller of wealth instead of the secret societies etc. Hence the onslaught on the prosperity of the church. The Bible says

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion
Zechariah 1:17

Its by prosperity that the gospel and Christianity can ultimately be spread all over the globe in the last days. Just as the scripture above said.
And the kingdom of darkness knows this and they are afraid of it, i.e. the church having money.

However thus prosperity is not about tithing.
The Bible said
" God does nothing except by His prophets. "
Again another scripture said
"By a prophet God delivered Israel and by a prophet He established them also".

So prosperity of Christians depends on the words of the prophets only not on the longthroat of the prophets. Prophets are God's mouthpiece not God's throat.

Jesus has this to say about His prophets of today. Read below:

Jesus will condemn most of His prophets in the last days. His prophets are the direct cause of poverty in the kingdom of God. They have refused to bless the people of God. The have made a merchandise of the gift of the Holy Spirit . God's purpose for prophets is to speak words into the air that will prosper the children of God. God does nothing except by His prophet. Now His prophets by their own greed has added condition of give me before I speak the Word to you. God will denounce most prophets in the last day. Isaac was nearly denounced too. He was just having long throat to eat meats while God just instructed him to bless. If you are a prophet of God, your work is to keep blessing God's people with your words and prayers. If many prophets will stop requiring seeds and planting before blessing anybody, the kingdom of God would have been envy of sinners by now. Jesus will surely say to many prophets in that day who said they prophesied in His name that He knew them not, they workers of inequities. They make a merchandise of people soul. Profiting from their office illegally.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
Einl:

When was the last time u had sex?
weti this one dey talk
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by gurunlocker: 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
That's a very wise explanation from a wise man directed by the spirit.... I love this!
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by oputa1: 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
Adeboye and oyedipo when it comes to this issue are criminals

The drive private jets, expensive cars, build schools and acquire properties in their own name, fix their children in strategic church positions(family business) and they tell you to save for the heavenly treasures while they enjoy the ones on earth.
The go about telling people to pay tithe and that if you don't pay you cursed, regardless of how you make your money.

Those criminals will not make heaven from stealing from the masses, using God name to rob the poor. My friend worked to build the schools owned by oyedipo, carried sand and worked for the school, today he can't pay the fees for his son to attend such school. What is the essence of the church?

SHORT UP ur careless mouth
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by spartacus11(m): 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:
I will tithe and very soon I will be paying more than %10
Ten percent is too small for my God.

From grass to Grace is my story

Which God?

Do u use WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM, or RIA to wire the money to God?

Please u don't give ur money to God

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

how much has Bill gates and Dangote given
you know nothing at all

Gerrarrahia

They have done their own sacrifice in their own way which you will never know

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by AskProf: 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2017
princemillla:
this is what i hav been searching for in years.... i had to check again if he is a nigerian pastor

He's the overall head/ leader of the Anglican Churches in Nigeria.

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2017
spartacus11:

Which God?

Do u use WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM, or RIA to wire the money to God?

Please u don't give ur money to God
beyond your comprehension. They are spiritually design
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by zoedew: 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

the law of tithe was noit given in Malachi rather in Deuteronomy which was as explicit as ever.Enough of this malachi gibberish.Its stale now.This tithe will trend until most people are freed from shackles laid on them by false prophets masquerading as pastors.Another reformation is brewing in the church

2 Timothy 2:23
“But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.”

Titus 3:9
“But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.”
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Britstar: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2017
The most matured and truthful contribution so far from any major Church leader on this matter. The bloke above who says he is following Deuteronomy should be careful not to bring a curse on himself for Galatians 3:10 says one is under a curse when you fulfil one law and leave the remaining 612 laws unmet. Jesus Christ has freed us from legality. The New Testament standard is exactly as the Primate has clarified. Jews don't tithe today because the Temple and its storehouses have not been rebuilt. Meanwhile gentiles saved by grace want to be more Jewish than the Jews. It is all a scam spunned by clever preachers to enrich themselves. Thank God that the cleansing of His Church has begun. We'll retrace our roots and return to the fundamentals of authentic discipleship and the pursuit of charity and holiness. Amen

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by spartacus11(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:
beyond your comprehension. They are spiritually design

Stop fooling your self, u can never give God nothing

He needs nothing

What will God use ur money to do?

Buy gold to build heaven?

Brainwashed fellow

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2017
spartacus11:

Stop fooling your self, u can never give God nothing

He needs nothing

Buy gold to build heaven?

Brainwashed fellow
like I said it is beyond your comprehension
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by olumidazz: 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2017
That's why I love the Anglicans, it's a fellowship of love. The primate says God don't curse and if GOD don't curse who is man to curse. I have always known cursing is a test of calling for pastors in the Pentecostal church, they always want to curse like babalawos.

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by spartacus11(m): 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:
like I said it is beyond your comprehension

Oga u are brainwashed

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2017
So much wisdom in his explanation.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2017
spartacus11:

Oga u are brainwashed

go and read your Bible and pray to your for spiritual understanding
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Lordspenzo(m): 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:

Ask King Solom
Not by giving to flamboyant pastors
Give to the poor and the needy who actually needs your help

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2017
Lordspenzo:

Not by giving to flamboyant pastors
Give to the poor and the needy who actually needs your help
because you gave to the poor doesn't mean you won't give to God.... Remember how the murmured against the woman who anointed Jesus's feet.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by LuvU2: 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2017
Innobee99:
My people, follow ur instinct.
honey in this context that's the 'wrongest' advice. grin

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Phylix76: 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2017
somebody said Deuteronomy 14:22 says it Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. is this the tithe
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by dahmie2013: 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2017
What a brilliant analysis!

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:
you know nothing at all

Gerrarrahia

They have done their own sacrifice in their own way which you will never know

Honestly I don't even know what I will use to describe your mumuness

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by spartacus11(m): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:
go and read your Bible and pray to your for spiritual understanding

BRAINWASH ----- to make someone believe something by repeatedly telling them that it is true and preventing any other information from reaching them ....

That's what your pastor have succeeded in doing

Read ur Bible oga. Not what ur pastor tells u

Na Western union u take dey wire d money give God?

And when God receive the Alert waytin Him dey use am do?

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden?