Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,895 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing (28177 Views)

TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by OmoOsanyin: 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2017
akinemma1:
One major problem we have in christianity today is the lack of PROPER bible study and interpretation. If we can getit right in that aspect, we will get it right in many other aspects as well. I smile most times when i see people quote Malachi 3 as their defense for tithe. Have you taken your time to read the WHOLE BOOK of Malachi? Do you know that the instruction in Malachi 3 was given to the Levites and priests? Do you know that the tithes mentioned there is actually the "tithes of tithes"? Do you know that the blessing referred to in that chapter is simply "rain"? Do you know what the devourer actually is?These are questions that need to be answered. Do you know that there is no where in the bible where people tithed"money"? Only crops and livestocks were tithed. Do you know that none of the Apostles taught about tithe as a system of giving in their epistles? Not even Peter and James did that? Do you still believe that God can curse a believer he came to save simply because he did not pay tithes? Do you even know that the only set of people recognised by the law to receive tithes were the Levites? Even Abram that tithed before the Law, do you know that he did it ONCE? And that was from the spoils of war not even his own personal properties.Sincerely speaking sir, i think it's high time we take proper bible study and interpretation seriously. There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between the OLD TESTAMENT and the NEW TESTAMENT. When we come to terms with that, then we begin to see things clearly as we should.There is NOBODY that can accurately defend the compulsory payment of tithes from the scriptures. Even most men of God know this, that is why NONE of them have come out to give a proper biblical explanation on that subject aside threatening people with the curses in Malachi. A lot of youths are now reading their bibles now and God is revealing the truth of his word to them. We don't give to be blessed by God, We give because we are already blessed by God.And just to let you know, i did not just know these truths so you won't think i was"deceived" with the recent online debate on the issue. My allegiance is to the WORD OF GOD.

Well said.
Thanks.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by IMASTEX: 6:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
uzohrome:
Yes the same reply I gave my pastor on facebook profile and he blocked me, tithing is not compulsory for Christians but a thing of choice, you will reap what you sow. Jusus is the only way. Nothing more
Lol. . .at bolded. Isn't it obvious where your heart is lies your treasure.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by perousd: 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:
there is an height you can never achieve in life... Except you give

Ask King Solom
How give and tithe take resemble? Sincere ignorance or ignorant sincerity
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2017
lacidi:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/11/anglican-primate-okoh-speaks-tithe-controversy/

He intimated speaking on tithes, but am yet to see any clergyman or woman, address the chapter in deuteronomy concerning tithes, all they know is malachi 3:10.

1 Like

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by kenlash1(m): 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
zoedew:
I have found extensive discussion in the public space on this matter needless. It is a calculated diversion from the pit of hell to distract attention from the Good News that JESUS died and rose again and is at the right hand of God interceding for as many who will believe in Him for salvation from eternal damnation in hell with the devil.
The Bible in Malachi 3 is clear on tithing. Anyone who has problems with that is taking analgesic for another’s headache since tithe is commanded for Christians and not folks who do not believe in Christ.
What should be the preoccupation of Christians and Pastors is to let all know JESUS saves and that heaven and hell are real! Why is the message of salvation and holiness not trending instead?
Did Malachi mention the name of Christ.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by ooshinibos: 7:10pm On Nov 14, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
Adeboye and oyedipo when it comes to this issue are criminals

The drive private jets, expensive cars, build schools and acquire properties in their own name, fix their children in strategic church positions(family business) and they tell you to save for the heavenly treasures while they enjoy the ones on earth.
The go about telling people to pay tithe and that if you don't pay you cursed, regardless of how you make your money.

Those criminals will not make heaven from stealing from the masses, using God name to rob the poor. My friend worked to build the schools owned by oyedipo, carried sand and worked for the school, today he can't pay the fees for his son to attend such school. What is the essence of the church?
There is no evidence that tithe money is used to buy this private jets , they are usually given these gifts by those people that have been moved or blessed by the ministry
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by IMASTEX: 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:
because you gave to the poor doesn't mean you won't give to God.... Remember how the murmured against the woman who anointed Jesus's feet.
Jesus Christ!!! don't tell me you just said that at bolded. It is obvious that many don't know what, how, who and when to give to God that is why you don't know that giving to the poor is giving to God. Read: Mat 25:35-40. Special attention to verse 40.
So, you think what you dropped at the worship centred is what is giving to God. Who then do you call God, your pastors?! Please, take your time to read the account of Jesus even if it is only the whole book of Matthew. I don't mind paying you salary for that. Just to know God for yourself not what your pastors says. But self encounter.
Note: the worship centred is not the church. The church is you and I "the people". Jesus said, I will destroy the temple in 3 days. The people though he was referring to the building. Rather he was referring to himself.

We don't give to be blessed by God, We give because we are already blessed by God.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by erico2k2(m): 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2017
zoedew:
I have found extensive discussion in the public space on this matter needless. It is a calculated diversion from the pit of hell to distract attention from the Good News that JESUS died and rose again and is at the right hand of God interceding for as many who will believe in Him for salvation from eternal damnation in hell with the devil.
The Bible in Malachi 3 is clear on tithing. Anyone who has problems with that is taking analgesic for another’s headache since tithe is commanded for Christians and not folks who do not believe in Christ.
What should be the preoccupation of Christians and Pastors is to let all know JESUS saves and that heaven and hell are real! Why is the message of salvation and holiness not trending instead?
coopy and paste a KJ version of where you read that plz
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by erico2k2(m): 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2017
ooshinibos:

There is no evidence that tithe money is used to buy this private jets , they are usually given these gifts by those people that have been moved or blessed by the ministry
The society will benefit more if he sold these Jet and buy shoes for all of the kids within 100 miles of his church, now that my friend would be real blessing.
Im not hating just saying
Elton John is a gay activit, loads of his friends died in the 80s frm HIV, he set up a foundation to help those with HIV, he has since raised over £500m to support this cause! This is physical works folowed with faith.

2 Likes

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Zenlife: 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hmmmmm,

Fellas, with all the ongoing brouhaha,
If biblical teachings do show that the GOs of these churches have knowingly twisted and adulterated the bible to fill their pockets, and knowingly commented to defend their religious and criminal antecedents while called out by the 'real' Daddy Freeze, by deduction then, are the worst human scumbags.

They are the loliest and filthiest of the earth for scamming the people in the name of the Lord.

Reminds me of an old reggae jingle by Bro Max Romeo (70s)...

"Stealing, stealing, stealing, oh stealing,
Stealing in the name of the Lord.
My Father's house of worship
Has become a den of thieves,
Stealing in the name of the Lord."

The Pentecostal church practices is not biblical...UN-Christlike.
* Forceful, threatening, tithing practice
* Disturbance of the public peace and noise pollution, even during the midnight hours (a time naturally ordained by God for his children to sleep); known to have resorted to unholy retorts when cautioned, while continuing their unholy acts.
* Exploitation of the masses to their selfish benefits and acquisitions.
* Accumulating and flaunting ill acquired wealth with displays of luxury unbecoming of the clergy.
* Building institutions from the sweat and free/ or forced money giving by followers who can't afford to send their children to same institutions. Thereby robbing the poor to provide for the rich.
* Springing up money kiosks in any available room or space in the name of the church...3-10 or more churches on a 50m alley with 2-5 members screaming, advertising their illicit mumbo jumbo at the expense of environmental quietness and public peace...
You'll think they serve different gods to be so many on a street with identical service times
* Simply opening money (tithe) collection centers like a pool house.

Undermining that it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich to make heaven.
If so, what's the essence of the Pentecostal church and doctrine if any.?
Salvation, heaven or earthly acquisition of wealth in the name of prosperity rantings?

Awake.

There was once a church.

Thank you Mr. Daddy Freeze
(May God continue to be with you and strengthen you. Thanks for been the 'Martin Luther' of today.
Blessed be.

Over to you God...

1 Like

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by IMASTEX: 7:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:
oga you must need give the poor that's for sure and you must also pay to God
Please I need answers to: how do you give or pay to God?! Reference to Matthew 25:35-40.

1 Like

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Blecus: 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2017
For those of you against tithing read Malachi :3:8-11;
I'm not a pastor but tithing works for you
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by lucarella: 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2017
spongeisback:
Next year February Nigeria will be the country with the highest numbers of POOREST people in the world and for the past weeks all this men can talk about is tithe? Freeze has been talking about corruption, the state of our roads, poor health facilities and poverty but all you pastors can talk about is tithe?!?!?!

Nigerians this is a wake up call. We've tried their false promises of "God will fight for you " nothing is happening. Let's take our country back and make it what we want.

Your pastors are in bed with politicians.

I don't believe I should tithe but don't make up stories. Freeze is right on tithing. But how many times have you seen Freeze talk about the state of our country or politicians? He can't because he's one of them. I know for a fact that Freeze collects personal funds to interview you on his program. If that's not corruption, I don't know what is.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
I pay tithe of 10% and I will soon make it 20%. My sweat, my money, my church / pastor and to my God. Abeg come and beat me for paying tithe.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
ooshinibos:

If you check those donating, go to their family and you will see how poverty is dealing with their brothers or sister, can't they use their wealth to develop their state or community instead of dashing one criminal
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Zenlife: 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
lucarella:

I don't believe I should tithe but don't make up stories. Freeze is right on tithing. But how many times have you seen Freeze talk about the state of our country or politicians? He can't because he's one of them. I know for a fact that Freeze collects personal funds to interview you on his program. If that's not corruption, I don't know what is.

...they be starting something...
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by miketayo(m): 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:
oga you must need give the poor that's for sure and you must also pay to God

Pay with prayers, praises not money.. u really need to read about d life of Christ... Don't bribe God for blessings.. give d needy(not tithe) out of Ur heart not because of the blessings that comes from giving.

Christian means Christ like .. if u don't follow Christ teaching(LOVE) u can't call urself a Christian.. tithing is definitely not Jesus teaching.

Stop bribing God he isn't a police man.

1 Like

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by lucarella: 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2017
A second glance at this thing, I don't think tithes are enough to acquire the assets and liabilities that these pastors have in fairness to them. I still am not convinced that I should pay tithe but tithe money can't do the things these guys are doing. I believe that people pay seeds in anticipation of a miracle or as thanksgiving. Jimoh Ibrahim dropped $1m when Covenant Uni was being built.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
Blecus:
Don't be shallow...
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Slaveman343: 8:10pm On Nov 14, 2017
AreaFada2:
There is nothing like tithing in the teaching of early Christianity. Jesus fulfilled the law of Moses. The bits of the old law that we need to keep were re-iterated by Jesus. Like the ten commandments in the Old testament.
Cash was never demanded from from those who were not land workers. Money already existed before Moses. The Bible would have clearly mentioned it. Or instruct farmers to give 10% of money git from their sale of produce to God. It never happened.

Jesus scolded the Pharisees that they paid tithes but didn't do the greater work of God. Of which from Jesus' preaching, love is the most important law.
The second Jesus died, we were liberated from old laws such as circumcision. Jesus preached those that should remain.

Abraham paid tithe on war booty to Melchizedek. A specific occasion. Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that he paid any tithe on his personal wealth. Jacob promised to pay a tithe if God kept him safe and guided him. There is no where in the Bible that confirms that Jacob actually paid the tithe. Being a good servant of God let us assume that he did. But nowhere in the Bible says Jacob's tithe was an ongoing one.

To say that "oh God has blessed me, I can paid tithe, even more than 10%" is pure ignorance cum hypocrisy. Why do what is not Biblical (since not incumbent open Christians) and ignore Jesus' command as law as the greatest law? Like not given to the poorest people around you as a show of love.

The Primate just indirectly condemned churches by saying no curse or punishment awaits those who do not tithe since it is not compulsory. Because the fear of damnation/curse is what the vast majority of churches use to compel people to pay tithes.
Baba you just talk am as e suppose be. My problem with the Primate was that his statements were a bit vague and not too strong.

1 Like

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by miketayo(m): 8:10pm On Nov 14, 2017
Blecus:

Read from 3: 1. Till d end.. that passage was for Levites.. we don't have Levites today the closest thing to a levite is Ur pastor ...

We are Christians not Jews.. name any other Jewish tradition u follow aside tithe ? Den ask urself y pastors insist on this particular one
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by miketayo(m): 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2017
spartacus11:

God bless u for this piece

Bless u too bro
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 8:16pm On Nov 14, 2017
miketayo:

Pay with prayers, praises not money.. u really need to read about d life of Christ... Don't bribe God for blessings.. give d needy(not tithe) out of Ur heart not because of the blessings that comes from giving.

Christian means Christ like .. if u don't follow Christ teaching(LOVE) u can't call urself a Christian.. tithing is definitely not Jesus teaching.

Stop bribing God he isn't a police man.
if you think paying tithe isn't worth it don't pay OK... Good luck
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by jaszplus12(m): 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2017
.com came across a rather interesting video of a man of God who claims that paying and receiving tithe is a sin before God.

In the long video which surfaced on social media, Chris Ojigbani who is the senior pastor of Covenant Singles and Married Ministries addressed topics such as; definition of tithe, types of tithe, why it is a sin to pay tithe among others.

Speaking on why it is a sin to pay tithes, he backed his teachings up with several Bible passages saying that the holy book gave specific instructions on the group of people who should pay tithes.

He said; “When God gave the commandment of tithe, He clearly stated who would pay the tithe; who would receive the tithe; and the purpose for receiving the tithe. He said the tithe would be paid by Israelites (except those from the tribe of Levi). He said that only the Levites were permitted to receive tithe and also said it was for their service in the tabernacle of the congregation. God actually gave them the tithe as an inheritance.

For you to be eligible to pay tithe, you have to come from any of the tribes of Israel, apart from the tribe of Levi."

Popular Chris Ojigbani

In conclusion of his long teaching, Pastor Chris admonished all Christians never to pay their tithes again; else, they will incur the wrath of God. To men of God like him, he pleaded with them not to receive their member’s tithes again.

In his words; “If you are a man of God, please do not receive tithe again so that you don’t incur the wrath of God. You can receive the regular offering, partnership offering, sacrificial offering, but not tithe.”

*Copied *
I hope to post something on TITHE soon for further enlightenment.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2017
IMASTEX:

Please I need answers to: how do you give or pay to God?! Reference to Matthew 25:35-40.
you give to God in that aspect bro... Bring your tithe and offering that their might be meat in my house

There are many references in the Bible how we should give bro... So don't leave out tithing and offerings
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2017
IMASTEX:

Jesus Christ!!! don't tell me you just said that at bolded. It is obvious that many don't know what, how, who and when to give to God that is why you don't know that giving to the poor is giving to God. Read: Mat 25:35-40. Special attention to verse 40.
So, you think what you dropped at the worship centred is what is giving to God. Who then do you call God, your pastors?! Please, take your time to read the account of Jesus even if it is only the whole book of Matthew. I don't mind paying you salary for that. Just to know God for yourself not what your pastors says. But self encounter.
Note: the worship centred is not the church. The church is you and I "the people". Jesus said, I will destroy the temple in 3 days. The people though he was referring to the building. Rather he was referring to himself.

We don't give to be blessed by God, We give because we are already blessed by God.
give and it shall be given back to you: good measure shaking together, press down and running over shall men return to your bosom
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by obatoro: 8:25pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:
there is an height you can never achieve in life... Except you give

Ask King Solom
Those are the examples those pastors use. Have you really studied the life of king Solomon, He was a king who lusted after all manner of idols. Even in the book of Hebrews where the names of all the people of faith were listed. Nothing about Solomon was mentioned.
Is it reaching a height that is important to Jesus or living a life that pleases him. How come nobody is talking about this commandment of Jesus " Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel..." hmm?

2 Likes

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by betterABIAstate: 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2017
sdkalu:
I pay tithe of 10% and I will soon make it 20%. My sweat, my money, my church / pastor and to my God. Abeg come and beat me for paying tithe.
if you like give all, who cares, is it my money that will pay for parking space at Ikeja airport?
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by xcuggsm(m): 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
lalasticlala
Lalasticlala does not pay tithe with money, Leave him alone!!.
Rumour has it that he once tried to pay his lithe in a Cele church with 6 snake eggs and the whole congregation ran away!!
Blessed is he that has sworn to rid Nigeria of snakes. AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by jacyhelen(f): 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2017
Shegzy8:
Atleast he provided a worthy explanation to some extent...God knows best

his explanation was not forward!!!
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by IMASTEX: 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
Bonapart:
you give to God in that aspect bro... Bring your tithe and offering that their might be meat in my house

There are many references in the Bible how we should give bro... So don't leave out tithing and offerings
If you tie it to tithes and offerings. Who should give tithes and how should it be given. Reference to Malachi reading from chapter 1. And Debut: 14
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by rosita33(f): 9:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
Mologi:
This tithe is just normal....If God bless you, bless his "eyes" here on earth. Simple...
this bible said we are the apples of his eyes. which eyes are you talking about?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Let All The Saints Get Ready For The Rapture / Six Common Things Church Camera Men Are Known For / Pastor Praying That A 4-Year-Old Stagnant Water Should Dry Up In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.