Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing (28184 Views)

TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by victory36(m): 7:29am On Nov 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The primate is either pussyfooting or just ignorant.
Folks shouldn't tithe.
Tithing will only deplete your income and make another richer.

A man who pays tithes is the same as a man who burns down his own house on a cold day for it to generate warmth for him.

Why do people have problems accepting this truth that payment of monetary tithes and offerings is unbiblical and exploitative?

The Bible is perspicuous about tithing.
(Deuteronomy 14 : 22-27)

But just like Galileo said;
“All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered. The point is to discover them.”
go and read malachi chapter 3
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Topgainer: 7:39am On Nov 15, 2017
transformed:
When you are paid like a king but you live like a maid...no savings, indebted to subordinates or mates, struggling to achieve what your counterparts achieved with little stress, hard for you to keep track of your expenses, zero impact on peoples life... It is time for you to try tithing... Even if you are a general in the free sheeple army of Mr Freeze...
Nil Bible correlation, doctrines of men.
Fat lie, subtle threats and empty curses.
https://www.nairaland.com/2136181/christian-narrative-curses-spell-casting
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by diadem10: 8:30am On Nov 15, 2017
aspirebig:

Just negoodu...

Listen to yourself. ... hope you are not one of those Pastors.

Why preaching something that is not scriptural to the people?

The same bible said ..."you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free".....tithe is unscriptural...no " real" man of God will tell you to pay tithe because they know the truth .

Is unfortunate that many have been misled for long

Watch different white pastors (oyibo) view on tithe in YouTube.... you will shocked .. these are the people that brought the gospel to black man..... they entirely condemned tithe....quoting many bible passages...

Why are Pastors turning and bible up side down to suit themselves.... We have billionaire pastors and millions of youths are unemployed.. . Rather than create employment, they will be living flamboyant lifestyle. ..

I repeat, God blessing is at God's discretion to bless whosoever involved or not to bless the person.

The richest men in the world today ....how many tithe did they pay? I mean like the first 10 richest people in the world...? Riches get level oò...not all these poor people claimmg such people in Africa.

You can support the church via goodwill donation, offering, pledges, gifts. ...as far it is not "imposed" on you but you just so that willingly and nobody threaten you that if you don't do that you are robbing God and playing on your intelligence... is ok. But to say you MUST pay your tithe to gain financial freedom is very unscriptural please.

Even some Pastors are confused when it comes to tithe. ..am sincere... read your bible again and again to see how many places tithe was mentioned and the read it with open "mind " not a bias mind.!

Not scriptural even when you saw with your very eyes that the Levites collected tithes? Even when Jesus decided to bless the woman that gave all she had to him? Even when the church contributed a lot to Peter's ministry? Abegi.

Well, I'm no pastor and like I repeated, no one is forcing you to pay tithes or any contributions. As a matter of fact, if you pay grudgingly, you will get no blessing from God because he never forced you to do that in the first place. However, when you condemn other people's charity and willing contribution to the work of God, you're surely incurring God's wrath on your head!
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by aspirebig: 8:37am On Nov 15, 2017
diadem10:

Not scriptural even when you saw with your very eyes that the Levites collected tithes? Even when Jesus decided to bless the woman that gave all she had to him? Even when the church contributed a lot to Peter's ministry? Abegi.

Well, I'm no pastor and like I repeated, no one is forcing you to pay tithes or any contributions. As a matter of fact, if you pay grudgingly, you will get no blessing from God because he never forced you to do that in the first place. However, when you condemn other people's charity and willing contribution to the work of God, you're surely incurring God's wrath on your head!

No be only charity..... charity indeed.

Charity should be voluntary and by force ..

God said he will bless who he will bless....period.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by diadem10: 8:40am On Nov 15, 2017
aspirebig:

I rest my case with this write up below as shared to me :

Who is actually robbing God?..

BOWEN UNIVERSITY N650,000 per semester

COVENANT UNIVERSITY N640,000 per semester

BENSON IDAHOSA N500,000 per semester

BABCOCK UNIVERSITY N450,000 per semester

REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY N450,000 per semester

AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY N350,000 per semester

MADONNA UNIVERSITY N350,000 per semester.

All these UNIVERSITIES were built from TITHES and
OFFERINGS of the common people who now can't afford
to send their children to these schools today.

Where is the morals and responsibilities of the
churches as charity in Nigeria?

What is the difference between church and political leadership in Nigeria?

These schools were all built with the sweats of their church members who kept sowing seeds like:
-special offering seeds
-first fruit seed,
-redemption seed,
-thanksgiving seed,
-harvest seed,
-tithes,
-pastor's seed,
-church building seed,
-evangelism seed,
-father's day seed,
-mother's day seed,
-children' day seed,
-Pastor's cake seed,
-olive oil seed....etc.

These schools are now elite
schools, only for the rich
politician children.

The gainers then use the profits to buy private planes & jets to fly up high in luxury, ride Exotic Cars and live in expensive Mansions, while their members, (who are mostly the least of Jesus people) sleep hungry.

The next Sunday, they will read Malachi 3:6-12 to these members again without making reference to Deuteronomy 14:22-29 about their own responsibility to these poor members in their churches.

If you think this is unfair, like me, please pass on this message because this is reality and we also need the CHANGE here!!!

Thank God for early missionaries who built schools and gave basic
education FREE or NEAR FREE to many of us including the CURRENT LEADERSHIP of these churches and universities.

The TRUTH is a bitter pill to swallow.

You're surely having a laugh with all these?

Where do you expect the lectures, workers (both teaching and non-teaching staffs) to get their pay? How about the maintenance of the schools? Who does this maintenance? Or did you think the FG pays the lecturers in the private university like they do with th federal uni?

Funny enough, university like Afe Babalola, Archiver universities that are non-church owned pays more than the fees you quoted. Even the private catholic universities' student pays a lot yet you have the nerves to condemn church's universities?

Well, if you can volunteer to help pay the lecturers and other staffs in those schools and also help with the maintenance of the schools, I'm sure the students won't be required to pay a dime. Got that?

1 Like

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by olabrad: 8:44am On Nov 15, 2017
princemillla:
this is what i hav been searching for in years.... i had to check again if he is a nigerian pastor

And to think Pentecostal church pastors feel this man isn't a true Christian!
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by diadem10: 8:47am On Nov 15, 2017
aspirebig:

No be only charity..... charity indeed.

Charity should be voluntary and by force ..

God said he will bless who he will bless....period.

Of course, God blesses whom he will bless but remember that God promised to bless Abraham but that doesn't stop Abraham from giving his son to God with a willing heart. He was tested for his faithfulness and how much he loved God through that act.

A tenth is surely not too much for God but you've got to do that willingly 'cos no one is forcing you. Kapish!
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by obiajulusam(m): 9:45am On Nov 15, 2017
Why do pastors and other ministers of God barely talk about Deuteronomy 14 Vs 22-27...

It's just a question, anyways.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by obiajulusam(m): 9:55am On Nov 15, 2017
wink
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by 9nice1x: 10:00am On Nov 15, 2017
Perspicuous obviously that so many wading on this issue have not offered their own soul as sacrifice to the Lord who provided for them, but so many also have to discover that when you offer your provision or sacrifice you cannot look back to what is done with it but a show of been conquered of your personal greed. What I think is bringing so much fury and confusion is that we want accountability of what is done with these offerings never minding that they could not run all financial obligation of the church. Nevertheless, keep asking
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The primate is either pussyfooting or just ignorant.
Folks shouldn't tithe.
Tithing will only deplete your income and make another richer.

A man who pays tithes is the same as a man who burns down his own house on a cold day for it to generate warmth for him.

Why do people have problems accepting this truth that payment of monetary tithes and offerings is unbiblical and exploitative?

The Bible is perspicuous about tithing.
(Deuteronomy 14 : 22-27)

But just like Galileo said;
“All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered. The point is to discover them.”
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by obiajulusam(m): 10:02am On Nov 15, 2017
diadem10:

You're surely having a laugh with all these?

Where do you expect the lectures, workers (both teaching and non-teaching staffs) to get their pay? How about the maintenance of the schools? Who does this maintenance? Or did you think the FG pays the lecturers in the private university like they do with th federal uni?

Funny enough, university like Afe Babalola, Archiver universities that are non-church owned pays more than the fees you quoted. Even the private catholic universities' student pays a lot yet you have the nerves to condemn church's universities?

Well, if you can volunteer to help pay the lecturers and other staffs in those schools and also help with the maintenance of the schools, I'm sure the students won't be required to pay a dime. Got that?

As much as the universities needs all that to keep up... But they don't need all those fees to keep up.
Remember, in the days of old, when missionary school was missionary school... There were lecturers and all sorts of what u aforementioned was on track, Buh the fees was still free, or probably near free.
Believe it or not, church have been jeopardized
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by olowobaba10: 10:02am On Nov 15, 2017
SO THERE TYPES OF TITHE, GOOD TO KNOW
NgcoboP:
sad The tithe of Abraham was different. Deuteronomy 14 gave specific instructions on tithing. No addition or subtraction is required.
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by 9nice1x: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

the law of tithe was noit given in Malachi rather in Deuteronomy which was as explicit as ever.Enough of this malachi gibberish.Its stale now.This tithe will trend until most people are freed from shackles laid on them by false prophets masquerading as pastors.Another reformation is brewing in the church

Critics of the truth from history met just one outcome. They fail. Pure and simple
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by crafteck(m): 11:52am On Nov 15, 2017
Slaveman343:
He wasn't like the others but he wasn't straight forward either. I was expecting him to be anti or pro tithe but he just sat on the fence

Unlike some who are trying to "create a balance" the bible is very clear on its stance. Tithe is done and dusted. We should give to the NEEDY CHEERFULLY and not to one ministry we are not sure of

Well said boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
smulti:

Can you be more explicit pls,

I have a percentage from my earning that I dole out each month

my question is, are you referring to the needy or who els

thank u
a percentage is for God but to the needy, you give willingly. According as God lay in your heart or out of your abundance belongs to God
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2017
IMASTEX:

If you tie it to tithes and offerings. Who should give tithes and how should it be given. Reference to Malachi reading from chapter 1. And Debut: 14
tithe and offerings belongs to the Man of God.... They that stand by the alter eat by the alter

You would have them to go and steal
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by smulti(m): 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2017
Bonapart:
a percentage is for God but to the needy, you give willingly. According as God lay in your heart or out of your abundance belongs to God

your answer is so ambiguous

neither here no there
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2017
smulti:

your answer is so ambiguous

neither here no there
they are spiritually... You approach everything physically do you will always be far behind

Leave Men Of God alone and focus on your life
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by IMASTEX: 3:23pm On Nov 15, 2017
Bonapart:
tithe and offerings belongs to the Man of God.... They that stand by the alter eat by the alter

You would have them to go and steal
Well, Jesus didn't teach us that there should be few persons called "man/servant of God*. Are you not a Christian. What makes them different from you? Offering is for the social welfare for all.

Are they not stealing already?!
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by ooshinibos: 5:25pm On Nov 15, 2017
erico2k2:

The society will benefit more if he sold these Jet and buy shoes for all of the kids within 100 miles of his church, now that my friend would be real blessing.
Im not hating just saying
Elton John is a gay activit, loads of his friends died in the 80s frm HIV, he set up a foundation to help those with HIV, he has since raised over £500m to support this cause! This is physical works folowed with faith.
I believe he is doing that already , we will always have the poor amongst us , by the way , its the government duty to provide healthcare and infrastructures , education etc
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by ooshinibos: 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:

If you check those donating, go to their family and you will see how poverty is dealing with their brothers or sister, can't they use their wealth to develop their state or community instead of dashing one criminal
we will always have the poor amongst us , by the way , its the government duty to provide healthcare and infrastructures , education etc
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by TANTUMERGO007(m): 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
ooshinibos:

we will always have the poor amongst us , by the way , its the government duty to provide healthcare and infrastructures , education etc
While it's our duty to buy private jets for those criminals and their children ba?
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Bonapart(m): 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
IMASTEX:

Well, Jesus didn't teach us that there should be few persons called "man/servant of God*. Are you not a Christian. What makes them different from you? Offering is for the social welfare for all.

Are they not stealing already?!
you can't convince a man from what he already believes
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by erico2k2(m): 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2017
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/pope-gets-e185000-lamborghini-gift-will-auction-charity/
ooshinibos:

I believe he is doing that already , we will always have the poor amongst us , by the way , its the government duty to provide healthcare and infrastructures , education etc
Who are the Government in the Bible ?
Did you read the news recently the Pope was given a Lambo I think customised . He put it on auction to raise money for the needy and people in churches where Christians are facing persicution .
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by smulti(m): 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
Bonapart:
they are spiritually... You approach everything physically do you will always be far behind

Leave Men Of God alone and focus on your life

I thought you got a reasonable thing to say order than beating around the bush
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by ooshinibos: 7:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:

While it's our duty to buy private jets for those criminals and their children ba?

you are only bitter because its a Christian buying the Jets ,you will not complain if wizkid or your politicians buy a jet with your money ..
you have not seen anything yet , if I have the money I will buy jet for my pastor for his use :-)
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by ooshinibos: 7:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
erico2k2:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/pope-gets-e185000-lamborghini-gift-will-auction-charity/
Who are the Government in the Bible ?
Did you read the news recently the Pope was given a Lambo I think customised . He put it on auction to raise money for the needy and people in churches where Christians are facing persicution .
you are only bitter because its a Christian buying the Jets ,you will not complain if wizkid or your politicians buy a jet with your money ..
you have not seen anything yet , if I have the money I will buy jet for my pastor for his use :-)

pope has a jet liner , he does not need the lambo , we are not even sure if he will donate it to charity

Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by erico2k2(m): 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2017
[quote author=ooshinibos post=62411544][/quote]
He already did . The Jet liner is not personal and this Pope did not buy it.There is noway anybody can sugercoat shyte here .
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by erico2k2(m): 7:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
ooshinibos:

Haba comparing wizzi and men of God ahaha
this is a new Low
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by ooshinibos: 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
erico2k2:

Haba comparing wizzi and men of God ahaha
this is a new Low
that's the point ...if the low can ride jets why cant the men of God ,
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 16, 2017
betterABIAstate:
if you like give all, who cares, is it my money that will pay for parking space at Ikeja airport?

Then why worry?
Re: Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing by webdesigner1: 10:35am On Nov 17, 2017
Websites has never been so cheap at top Quality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai / Six Common Things Church Camera Men Are Known For / Pastor Praying That A 4-Year-Old Stagnant Water Should Dry Up In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.