Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters (33284 Views)

Donald Trump: The World Would Be Better With Saddam And Gadaffi In Power / Donald Trump: "The Lie Of The Year Is That Joe Biden Won!" / Woman Follows Trump's Motorcade On Bicycle And Gives Him The Middle Finger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2017
Supporters of Julie Briskman, who was fired from her job after she was photographed raising the middle finger to Donald Trump's motorcade, have raised more than $61,000 in a crowdfunding effort.

Briskman lost her government contractor job last week after a photo of her giving Trump's motorcade the finger in northern Virginia, on October 28, made worldwide news.

Despite the setback, 2,600 supporters of the mother-of-two have raised more than $61,000 on a GoFundMe page in just seven days.

The campaign description reads: "Juli Briskman is an inspiration to us all. This week we learned that she was fired from her employer for exercising her first amendment rights. You can show your support by donating here."

The crowdfunding effort comes after Briskman claimed she was called into her employer's office and let go.

They said, 'We're separating from you,'" Briskman told HuffPost.

"Basically, you cannot have 'lewd' or 'obscene' things in your social media. So they were calling flipping him off 'obscene.'"

Source:http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/11/14/supporters-raise-over-60000-woman-fired-after-giving-trump-middle-finger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by madridguy(m): 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by IamtherealRita(f): 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2017
I wonder what would happen if it were in Nigeria

angry

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by katerine7(f): 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2017
IamtherealRita:

angry
grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by Ronnicute(m): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2017
Now this is strange!
Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by Felixalex(m): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2017
The people's Hatred for Trump working in her favour....

Well I can only say it's a good thing if this sum surpasses her income on a normal day

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by goslowgoslow(m): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2017
IamtherealRita:

angry
You wont even get close to the car.

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by PrinceAkbabio(m): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2017
I'm heading to Ebonyi state to do same, who is with me?

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by UnknownT: 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2017
IamtherealRita:

angry
We will be contributing for her funeral, that's if the Army will release her corpse. I heard they love hoarding corpses

189 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2017
If na Naija. She won't even be able to come close to the convoy.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by marttol: 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2017
good GOD...what a country...GOD BLESS AMERICA

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by kenkool(m): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2017
Time to do that to Buhari convoy

4 Likes

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by autotrader014(m): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2017
goslowgoslow:

You wont even get close to the car.
Point of correction, u won't go 100meters close to the car..

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by Btruth: 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2017
PrinceAkbabio:
I'm heading ebonyi state to do same, who is with me?
You are OYO oooo....... lol.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by hisgrace090: 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2017
The day I found out that people have seen hatting trump as a social duty, is the day I personally started loving him.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by nNEOo(m): 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2017
All of you asking if it was in Nigeria , i think she would had made more money ....counting on the hatred a lot of us has for Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by tintingz(m): 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2017
No one cares here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by akponomefavour: 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2017
if na 9ja hunger will finish her. Who cares wen d street is not friendly altu

3 Likes

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by dlaw70(m): 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2017
if this happens in naija...

both the woman's employers,those contributing money for her,those that organised the gofundme and their middle fingers will be...

regretting inside
kirikiri.

mypeaceofmind

13 Likes

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by DWJOBScom(m): 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2017
I am not proud of her and will not raise funds for her.....

Even if you despise your president or ruler , you don't have the right to disrespect him to his face!

We must be careful of what we promote.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2017
Felixalex:
The people's Hatred for Trump working in her favour....

Well I can only say it's a good thing if this sum surpasses her income on a normal day
Seriously? This incident happened about a month ago, how long would they keep up with a crowd funding for a grown arse woman who has bills to pay? America is an institution, and no matter how they hate Trump, they dont joke with the components of that institution ( Presidency, Flag , Anthem , Constitution, Capitol hill etc) If the institution fvcks you up for obscenities and breach of acceptable behaviour, believe me, her best shot is the courts. To get another job, she would require a recommendation from her previous employer. Tell me how that would work out for her , except she would accept menial and part time /contract jobs

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by Whobedatte(m): 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2017
How I wish Nwamaikpe can do same for bubu lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by simpleseyi: 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2017
PrinceAkbabio:
I'm heading to Ebonyi state to do same, who is with me?

Adieu, we shall meet by the feet of Jesus where we shall part no more.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by menwongo(m): 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2017
IamtherealRita:

angry
Buhari go send DSS after her immediately
Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by moorevic(m): 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2017
When is Buhari's Motorcade coming my way, i would love to wave as he drives by.

1 Like

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by Marshalxv(m): 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2017
me heading straight to abuja now with my bicycle.

1 Like

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by Koolking(m): 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2017
Funding a girl who does not respect the exalted office of the number one citizen (by moral, social and communal sanity) of her country?

She should thank her stars, she didn't do that in Africa. ProHuman rights would be debating why the security detail womanhandled her.

There are things that should be left unsaid, if it meant to be said, there are acceptable and supportive channels to use.

Wrong move that could backfire

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by Felixalex(m): 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Seriously? This incident happened about a month ago, how long would they keep up with a crowd funding for a grown arse woman who has bills to pay? America is an institution, and no matter jow they hate Trump, they dont joke with the components of that institution ( Presidency, Flag , Anthem , Constitution, Capitio hill etc) If the institution fvcks you up for obscenities and breach of acceptable behaviour, believe me, her best shot is the courts. Tobget another job, she would require a recommendation from her previous employer. Tell me how that would work out for her , except she would accept menial and part time /contract jobs

u talk true... But Americans mumu, they can decide to just keep donating just for it to trend and we could see her getting a very large sum, that's what I meant...

2 Likes

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by iamjames2222: 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2017
If it were to be in Nigeria, her life would be under serious threat by now

3 Likes

Re: Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters by condralbedez: 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2017
IamtherealRita:

angry
DSS will go after her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ukraine’s Zelenskyy: A Wartime Statesman For The Social Media Age (Photos) / Mother And Child Buried Right Next To Their House In Irpen Ukraine (video) / Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.