Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Prof Yemi Osinbajo Tells An Inspiring Story - A Must Read For Youth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Tells An Inspiring Story - A Must Read For Youth (611 Views)

Defend Nigeria With Your Lives, Osinbajo Tells Military / Some Kidnapping Cases Are False, Osinbajo Tells Nigerians In US / Your Time To Run For President Has Not Come Yet – Osinbajo Tells Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof Yemi Osinbajo Tells An Inspiring Story - A Must Read For Youth by farem: 6:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
While I was teaching at the University of Lagos, as a young lecturer, in the department of Public Law in the Faculty of Law, there were 3 typists in the department. The chief typist, senior typist, and the junior typist. Because in those days before laptops and personal computers, typists in universities had to do a lot of work and they were very important because you always needed to type all your materials.

When there was work to do, what l discovered was that the chief typist would disappear. He works only till 4 pm. The senior typist would be nowhere to be found. But a gentleman called Adereni the junior typist, who only had his school certificate, was remarkably hardworking. Sometimes I would drop him off at his home at 1am.

Years after I was working as an adviser to the then Attorney-General of the Federation Hon. Bola Ajibola, who later became a judge of the World Court. While in the court at The Hague, in the Netherlands, one day he called me and asked if I could recommend a good secretary who is hard working and could do long judgments. I had three options, chief typist, senior or this junior typist, but the junior typist at a time had only school certificate, he didn’t have any other qualification but l choose him. He got to the Hague, and typically worked hard and diligently. Every judge in the court wanted him to work with them. He later moved his family over to the Hague and got degrees and made a good living for himself. One day he remembered me and actually sent me a car.

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Tells An Inspiring Story - A Must Read For Youth by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2017
Tell us about ur days as pzifer's lawyer, pastor
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Tells An Inspiring Story - A Must Read For Youth by rozay12345: 9:36pm On Nov 14, 2017
The story is very inspiring, it detailed why you should always do your work diligently, you never know who is watching, you need to do your best at all times and leave the rest for God.

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Tells An Inspiring Story - A Must Read For Youth by Oblang(m): 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2017
Inspiring...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Gov Land In Fresh Trouble... / Updates From President Muhammadu Buhari's Visit To Kano / Only 40m Nigerians Pay Taxes – Kemi Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.