Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:33 PM

Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward (2727 Views)

Kachikwu Sanctions NNPC Staff Over Scandalous Project Exposed By PREMIUM TIMES / Graphic Pics: One Shot Dead This Morning During Ekiti Impeachment Saga / Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 22, 2010
The bodies of the two kidnapped workers of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Abubakar A. Malabu and Bashir Danjuma were recovered in the bush in Delta State on Saturday.

Malabu and Danjuma were staff of the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company (NPDC), a subsidiary of the NNPC in Benin, Edo State. They were kidnapped March 13, 2010, by an unknown gang on their way to Delta State University, Abraka, for lectures where they were studying for a Masters Degree in Petroleum Economics.

Initially, when the news of their abduction broke out, NNPC officials declined comments.

A text message however revealed the shocking news yesterday.

The message, composed by one of their colleague Mr F.O. Johnson, read: "Messrs Bashir Danjuma and Malabu A. Ahmad of the NPDC who were declared missing since 13th of March, have been found dead inside a bush in Delta State."

He described the incident as 'unfortunate and shocking' adding that the bodies were found on Saturday Morning.

Phone calls put through to NNPC's spokesperson Dr Levi Ajuonuma were not answered and a text message was not replied.

Malabu's brother in-law, Alhaji Adamu Modibbo, however confirmed the story to Daily Trust on phone. He did not give details.

The two murdered staff hailed from the northern part of the country, which raised fresh security concern in the oil producing part of the country. Militants in the Niger Delta were known mainly for kidnapping of foreign oil workers and demanding for ransom.

Some staff of oil companies resident in Niger Delta who spoke to Daily Trust on the condition of anonymity said they were shocked when they heard what happened to their colleagues.

They said they are worried over their security in the Niger Delta region and urged government to fish out and bring the perpetrators to book. "It was really complicated, something must be done", said one of the NNPC staff working in the Niger Delta.

Daily Trust learnt that Danjuma who hailed from Yobe State was employed by NNPC in 2000 while Malabu was employed in 2003 as a geologist from Adamawa State.

In 2006 Malabu was loaned to Chevron Nigeria Limited by the NPDC were he attended two year course in United States of America between 2006 and 2008. Malabu survived by his wife and two children.

http://allafrica.com/stories/printable/201003221141.html
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 22, 2010
fellow Nigerians we all want emancipation for our Niger Delta brothers, but surely violence such as this which is meaningless is not the right way forward.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by edoyad(m): 9:05pm On Mar 22, 2010
^ but the violence in jos is meaningful and the way forward i guess ?
ONE NIGERIA.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by EzeUche(m): 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2010
Wow, they are not playing anymore!!! shocked
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by presido1: 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2010
The Almajiris in the North will not let this death go just like that. They must retaliate in no distant time. Is like the millitants see the north as immigrants now.
Nigeria is fast moving to towards the brick and steel wall.
Watch this space.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by Fhemmmy: 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2010
I wonder what they hope to achieve with all these
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by sjeezy8: 9:18pm On Mar 22, 2010
What new? MILITANTS have always been killing and kidnapping in the ND going on ten years.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by presido1: 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I wonder what they hope to achieve with all these
Didn't you read the hand writting on the wall? "We don't want you in our land anymore". Am sure they are not the only non indigens in ND. They targeted them cuz they are from the north or maybe a relative of the perpetrators died in the Jos pogrom.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by bombay: 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2010
Hausa/ fulani you never see anything yet fire go soon start make una start to run ooooooooooooo. grin
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by saddik(m): 9:26pm On Mar 22, 2010
One of the victims i.e Malabu was a distant cousin of mine.

wat d press didnt write was dat there corpse was found with their head cut off[size=8pt][/size]. I think the killing was based on ritual facts, we either suspect cult members or political ritual.

May there soul rest in peace.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by bombay: 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2010
My guy dem no dey do otokoto for wafi u never hear anyway sorry for your loss.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by GUARDS18: 9:34pm On Mar 22, 2010
@bombay, you can't do nothing to HAUSA/FULANI, you know better, you know bad things happen when we're upset, so dont say what you cannot do.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by presido1: 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2010
saddik:

One of the victims i.e Malabu was a distant cousin of mine.
wat d press didnt write was dat there corpse was found with their head cut off[size=8pt][/size]. I think the killing was based on ritual facts, we either suspect cult members or political ritual.
May there soul rest in peace.
Its ethnic related, nothing like cult or ritual killing as far as this incedent is concerned. Am trying to see if itz connected to the killing of the Edo police chief in Ekiti last week. I might be a revenge.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by biina: 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
People wont condemn the acts of those in the south, but when someone from the south is killed in the north, some bigot will start shouting pogrom and genocide. undecided
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by presido1: 9:43pm On Mar 22, 2010
@Biina
I think u did not read this grin grin

frosbel:

fellow Nigerians we all want emancipation for our Niger Delta brothers, but surely violence such as this which is meaningless is not the right way forward.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by bombay: 9:50pm On Mar 22, 2010
Guard 18 you be miagaidi abi watine you be.
Guy think well o ,abi u dey look uche face,  aboki you no know say dem no dey look face for waffi  u do anyhow u see anyhow u like make una vex reach heaven comeback nothing go happen.
Guy no tranga for here o no be jos be dis this na waffi land of the brave.
Abi u don forget say u no sabi swim ,so take time no go yarn trash make i no go trash you anyhow.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by honeric01(m): 9:58pm On Mar 22, 2010
Well it's not new, killing has been the watchword of the ND, but they should know that he that pays evil with evil will surely reap evil.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by superboi(m): 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2010
This is sad,but this is what happens in a land were there is no justice,everyone becomes a law to them. Saddik accept my sympathy
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by GUARDS18: 10:11pm On Mar 22, 2010
@bombay, ok i don hear uncle.

Now listen, if hamas fire 1 rocket enter isreal, na 120 rockets isreal go fire enter gaza. Can you please tell me the motive of this killing, is it tribal, is it ritual, is it robbery or is it just some wannabe coward thugs that just want to draw attention, think of your answer very carefully cos it will be to justify our next line of action. waffi ko, ezeuche ni.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by loma(m): 10:15pm On Mar 22, 2010
This is so sad and unbelieveable. Abubakar Malabu and I were close friends while he stayed in Houston on assignment. So nice, and soft spoken. One of the most gentle people I have ever met.

I can still picture him with his wife and lovely kids,

This is so sad.

May his soul rest in piece!

1 Like

Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by bombay: 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2010
Guard 18 Probably it is a robbery that went wrong which most likely it is.The police should look at the case properly and people should nopt just make stories up.
They should look into his financial dealing and into his family life something smells fish in there.
Guard 18 make you take time with this your isreal and hamas level no dey carry mis yarn o.
NNPC oil big deals hum plenty money suspect.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by Sagamite(m): 10:58pm On Mar 22, 2010
So sickening news!

Bombay and Gaurds18, you are both morons!
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2010
Conscience is dead.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by marvix(m): 11:19pm On Mar 22, 2010
There can never be justification for murder, those that perpetrated this act must be caught and properlly dealt witg
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by GUARDS18: 11:21pm On Mar 22, 2010
@sagamite abeg take am easy oooh,
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 23, 2010
Hausa/Fulani in the oil industry are now in the same category with expatriates. Only they are not worth any ransome, what will be taken from them is their lives.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by igboboy1(m): 8:55am On Mar 23, 2010
GUARDS 18:

@bombay, ok i don hear uncle.

Now listen, if hamas fire 1 rocket enter isreal, na 120 rockets isreal go fire enter gaza. Can you please tell me the motive of this killing, is it tribal, is it ritual, is it robbery or is it just some wannabe coward thugs that just want to draw attention, think of your answer very carefully cos it will be to justify our next line of action. waffi ko, ezeuche ni.

you no dey hear say for warri dem no dey look Uche face? So werrin concern warri with israel and hamas?

Bone that side, hausa and fulani no get power after dem don pass middlebelt
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by spikedcylinder: 9:14am On Mar 23, 2010
This is so sad, with his head cut off you say? cry cry cry
I used to think such sectarian violence could not affect me until an uncle of mine was kidnapped in January on his way from my home town. The following day, his car was found burnt to ashes in Bauchi.
We still have not seen or heard from him or his kidnappers. cry cry cry
This is the second family member in less than 8 months.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by 18platoon(m): 11:37pm On Mar 23, 2010
@igbo boy, forget story, HAUSA/FULANI get power for anywhere wey them dey, this incident is very very sad but our power is still intact, and your media tried to downplay the story by just saying TWO OIL WORKERS KILLED, but if where in the north all those your bigoted half baked journalists will shout and shout and shout, but we're now equal to the task.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by Kobojunkie: 1:31am On Mar 24, 2010
300 massacred in January, Another 500 butchered only recently. Forward you say?
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by Beaf: 1:44am On Mar 24, 2010
bombay:

Guard 18 you be miagaidi abi watine you be.
Guy think well o ,abi u dey look uche face, aboki you no know say dem no dey look face for waffi u do anyhow u see anyhow u like make una vex reach heaven comeback nothing go happen.
Guy no tranga for here o no be jos be dis this na waffi land of the brave.
Abi u don forget say u no sabi swim ,so take time no go yarn trash make i no go trash you anyhow.

Area! I hail!
Abeg tell dos malu's. Una tink say na beans? Abi una wan invoke? Make una land make crocodile see awuf! Fuc'king maigida's.
Re: Two Kidnapped Nnpc Staff Found Dead - This Is Not The Way Forward by jookco(m): 1:48am On Mar 24, 2010
You don't have oil in the North and your are reading Oil Course to work with oild Companies and while you are still in the school your brothers in NNPC have already fix you in a position while people who own the oil cant get job. Tunder fire una

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos / Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis / Imo State Govt. To Recruit More 10,000 Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.