Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. (12418 Views)

LASG Debunks Rumour That Hospital Did Not Attend To Pilot Of Crashed Helicopter / Police Killing: DHQ Orders Taraba Battalion To Produce Wadume / Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by naptu2: 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2017
A rumour that the Army Council had ordered that females should no longer be commissioned as regular combatant officers of the Nigerian Army went viral a few days ago (see previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/4172949/stoppage-female-cadets-admission-there)

Defence Headquarters has debunked those rumours and stated that females are eligible to be commissioned as regular combatant officers in the armed forces. Read their statement below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DefenceInfoNG/status/930459229810458624

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by shukuokukobambi: 8:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
And sensible adults fell for the lies earlier peddled angry

I think i need to change my career. Fake news is the new gold mine angry

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by lawalosky(m): 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2017
okada, yes na here pack me!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by SarkinYarki: 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2017
I also debunk this their debunk because I know the govt of Buhari is a lying govt

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by Nawteemaxie(m): 8:57pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hmm. undecided
Where is my fura?
Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2017
v
Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by LeMonsieur(m): 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2017
From the first news about the stoppage, sensible adults could deduce that it was merely a rumour or a political gimmick.. In this part of the world, we freely allow our emotions becloud our sense of judgment..
On the flip side, the earlier memo talks of allowing present fresh intakes of the NDA to enjoy the status quo..and that the commencement date is after the next batch... So in essence, this memo has not denied that fact.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by BruncleZuma: 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2017
Don't trust them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by dfrost: 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2017
Good to know.
Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by lasthero: 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
BUHARImyDOG:
I heard that President Buhari would be visiting Anambra state on Wednesday for the APC's final lap of Tony Nwoye's campaign.
What on earth will the Igbo hater tell us.?
1.A man who has not seen any Anambra man or woman worthy to be appointed in a meaningful position in his government.
2.A man who has no project awarded in any part of Anambra state and to be commissioned on his visit.
3.A man whose killer soldiers snuffed lives and maimed scores of Anambra people who marched with the proscribed IPOB in Nkpor last year.
4.A man who would have appointed an Hausa man to govern Anambra state if not that the constitution will not allow him.
5.A man who has not condemned the nefarious activities of his murderous brother herdsmen on Igbo land.
6.A man who has sacked all the Anambra state born top federal civil servants and secretly replaced them with his northern brothers.
7.A man who has not dropped a trip of sand in continuation of the second Niger Bridge since he came to power.
8.A man who annually during Christmas period would station soldiers and police men on the foot of River Niger Bridge along Lagos /Onitsha federal highway to frisk and seize bags of rice bought by our brothers for the yuletide.
9.A man who since he assumed office in 2015 had stopped the payment of entitlements to former Vice President Dr.Alex Ekwueme until the most senior surviving Igbo political office holder collapsed in his home recently.
10.A man whose government lied that they have approved money for the treatment of Ekwueme abroad where as they didn't.
11.A man who proscribed IPOB but romances the murderous Fulani herdsmen
12.A man whose APC controlled National Assembly passed the NorthEast Development Commission but rejected the SouthEast Development Commission.
13.A man who refused to implement the 2014 Constitutional Conference Report that suggested an additional state in the Southeast to equal that of other geopolitical zones.
14.A man who does not see the need to dredge the River Niger for Igbo traders to stop using Lagos ports for their importations but have wasted billions of dollars in search of crude oil in Lake Chad basin.
15.What promises made to Igbos in the run up to the 2015 Presidential election have been fulfilled by Buhari?
Please don't accuse me of hate speech.I can't help but only say the truth.

Pls share this until it gets to Aso Villa.

Usually I don't do this.

Please go get some sense and stop all this ugwu hatred.

First, it was
He dare not step into ebony, now this?.

Go get a life abegi

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by rawtouch: 9:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
debunks.. cheesy
Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by pepemendy(m): 9:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
does foolish #south Africans won't like this we're coming for your heads, we gonna trash your xenophobic ass in you fathers house, may god punish you thief #Dstv for not showing our match against agerntina.

today is my birthday show some love famzz

2 Likes

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by emperormossad(m): 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
Government that runs on rumours and debunked rumours. The media is totally unreliable.

1 Like

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by mrMeen(m): 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
booked
Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by ObamaOsama: 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
don't let that IG of police to come and give more females police officer belle ohhh
Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by CrtlAltDel: 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
BUHARImyDOG:
[s]I heard that President Buhari would be visiting Anambra state on Wednesday for the APC's final lap of Tony Nwoye's campaign.
What on earth will the Igbo hater tell us.?
1.A man who has not seen any Anambra man or woman worthy to be appointed in a meaningful position in his government.
2.A man who has no project awarded in any part of Anambra state and to be commissioned on his visit.
3.A man whose killer soldiers snuffed lives and maimed scores of Anambra people who marched with the proscribed IPOB in Nkpor last year.
4.A man who would have appointed an Hausa man to govern Anambra state if not that the constitution will not allow him.
5.A man who has not condemned the nefarious activities of his murderous brother herdsmen on Igbo land.
6.A man who has sacked all the Anambra state born top federal civil servants and secretly replaced them with his northern brothers.
7.A man who has not dropped a trip of sand in continuation of the second Niger Bridge since he came to power.
8.A man who annually during Christmas period would station soldiers and police men on the foot of River Niger Bridge along Lagos /Onitsha federal highway to frisk and seize bags of rice bought by our brothers for the yuletide.
9.A man who since he assumed office in 2015 had stopped the payment of entitlements to former Vice President Dr.Alex Ekwueme until the most senior surviving Igbo political office holder collapsed in his home recently.
10.A man whose government lied that they have approved money for the treatment of Ekwueme abroad where as they didn't.
11.A man who proscribed IPOB but romances the murderous Fulani herdsmen
12.A man whose APC controlled National Assembly passed the NorthEast Development Commission but rejected the SouthEast Development Commission.
13.A man who refused to implement the 2014 Constitutional Conference Report that suggested an additional state in the Southeast to equal that of other geopolitical zones.
14.A man who does not see the need to dredge the River Niger for Igbo traders to stop using Lagos ports for their importations but have wasted billions of dollars in search of crude oil in Lake Chad basin.
15.What promises made to Igbos in the run up to the 2015 Presidential election have been fulfilled by Buhari?
Please don't accuse me of hate speech.I can't help but only say the truth.
Pls share this until it gets to Aso Villa[/s].
Let me add to your misery…… Children of hate, kill ya self grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6256061_buhariebonyi1_jpegb8a4df4ce47a76549346c193f28acd52

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by free2ryhme: 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
Aboki wan destroy everything

1 Like

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by Nbote(m): 9:08pm On Nov 14, 2017
Dey will always only come out deny afta public outcry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by Adaumunocha(f): 9:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
We need women at d battle fronts, after all what a man can do we can also do.
Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by SmartyPants(m): 9:10pm On Nov 14, 2017
seriously what are women looking for in the army?
Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by spinna: 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2017
Adaumunocha:
We need women at d battle fronts, after all what a man can do we can also do.

girls with guns are sexy
Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by denice1: 9:15pm On Nov 14, 2017
I trust Punch more than the Nigerian army on this news.

2 Likes

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by DoTheNeedful: 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2017
@OAUTemitayo
Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by Guyman02: 9:17pm On Nov 14, 2017
It took several days and complains about the policy reversal for them to respond with this usual denial.

Femi Adeshina will soon bring up a list of female combatants admitted this year into NDA and when he gets called out for lying he will tell us the list is inconclusive

1 Like

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by Bari22: 9:18pm On Nov 14, 2017
lies

1 Like

Re: DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. by rozay12345: 9:21pm On Nov 14, 2017
The speed at which fake news is being deployed even by reputable media news outlet requires faster approach by government apparatus to debunk such quickly. PunchNg helped in this dissemination. It is either the government felt the unpopularity/backlash of such policy or fake news is the new news.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okorocha: I Have Retired Old Politicians In Imo So Young People Can Take Over / I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu / PREMIUM TIMES EDITORIAL: Onnoghen: Time To Halt Nigeria’s Slide To Anarchy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.