Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,005 members, 7,806,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) (11977 Views)

Okwy's Dance With Fate: A Review Of The Adventures Of A Determined Child / Twist Of Fate. / A Game Of Love And Obsession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2017
SCENE SIXTEEN
DAY.
EXT.
XTERS: Edozie, Nnenna and Johnny.
(Nnenna arrives Mazi Edozie's house looking good. Johnny sees her and sits in the chair in front of the house. Very soon laughter is heard from within as Edozie and Nnenna begin to play love. Suddenly Johnny begins to cry. He cried as loudly as he could to attract attention. This forces his father, Edozie to come out.)

Edozie: Come this boy, what is your problem?
Johnny: Papa I am hungry.
Edozie: Is there no food in the kitchen? Go and take something and eat.
Johnny: I don't want to eat that one.
Edozie: You better go and eat what's available and keep quiet. Some people don't have anyone to eat. (He said and went inside).

Johnny: I don't want that one. (But his dad ignores him. He began to cry again, raising his voice. He cried very loudly that his dad was forced to come out.)
Edozie: Young man! I will deal with you if you don't keep quiet.
Johnny: But papa I'm hungry.
Edozie: Okay. What will you like to eat?
Johnny: Fried rice and chicken.
Edozie: What? What nonsense, arrant nonsense. You will die of hunger. (He caused and went back inside, but that did not stop Johnny, he waited until he was hearing his father and Nnenna giggling before he started crying again. This time he cried like someone had died, this made Nnenna to force edozie outside).
Edozie: Okay, take this, go buy your rice, then add a little beef.
Johnny: I no want, I want chicken. (He said and started crying again).
Edozie: It's okay. Take, buy your chicken, but just keep quiet. (He hands over extra cash to Johnny who collected it and zoomed off).

CAM FADES!!

(Additional scene:
Atinga met Johnny on his way out of the house, and Johnny convinced him that daddy is giving out free cash to his children. He shows off his cash to convince and advice him to hurry before it is late. Atinga rushed to the house and called papa, I have come. He disturbed his father until the man picked up a pestle and chased him.)

1 Like

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by Xteljay(f): 10:45pm On Nov 25, 2017
Hahaha. Bring it on, ur are doin a great job here

1 Like

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by Samueldsdf: 8:47am On Nov 27, 2017
Don't ask Nairaland members for contact details (email, phone, bbpin) or investments. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 10:06am On Nov 27, 2017
Samueldsdf:
Don't ask Nairaland members for contact details (email, phone, bbpin) or investments. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

How does dat relate ?
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by Dyoungstar: 1:55am On Nov 28, 2017
I must confess that you are copying some online and whatsapp jokes and modifying them then claim them to be your story... brother, tell us that you are giving us a modified version of what already is in order not to appear fake.

I have read almost all the stories you put up there either on whatsapp or somewhere else online.
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by mayoor2045(m): 3:20am On Nov 28, 2017
Nice story, more bro!

1 Like

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 3:29pm On Nov 28, 2017
Dyoungstar:
I must confess that you are copying some online and whatsapp jokes and modifying them then claim them to be your story... brother, tell us that you are giving us a modified version of what already is in order not to appear fake.

I have read almost all the stories you put up there either on whatsapp or somewhere else online.

True. includes some borrowed jokes. I'm not hiding that.

1 Like

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by itsandi(m): 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2017
Nice one! smiley Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2017
SCENE SEVENTEEN
DAY.
EXT.
XTERS: Johnny, Ada
(Johnny tiptoed round Orobo's house, he was looking to Ada, but he did not see anyone in front of the building. He started calling Orobo).

Johnny: Orobo, Orobo o. Orobo no dey house?
Ada: Why are you peeping like a thief? (Ada's voice shocked him, but he tried to compose himself immediately). Orobo is not around, you can come back later.
(She turns to leave but Johnny stopped her).
Johnny: Wait Wait, it is you I came here to see. (He said in a low voice, looking sideways.)
Ada: Me? Are you sure? Because i am very sure that I heard you calling Orobo my brother... Maybe you should look well, I'm not Orobo! (She teased him).
Johnny: I know. I only called him to make sure he is not home.
Ada: You are gradually turning into a crook. What do you want?
Johnny: Na you Ada. It is you I want. You have captured my heart. Since you took my heart away you have made me totally heartless. Don't reject me. Biko nu!
Ada: (Laughs!) You are very funny. (She laughs again).
Johnny: Wait am serious. I want to sing a song for you.
Ada: Really? For me?
Johnny: It's called heart robber... (He sings Heart Robber by Kaha, as camera fades).

2 Likes

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by Xteljay(f): 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
Kip it up bro, u doin a great job here

1 Like

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2017
SCENE EIGHTEEN
DAY.
INT.
XTERS: Edozie, Atinga and Blessing
(Camera opens light on Atinga making call with his father's phone, after dialing the number written on a paper. He continually spied to see if his father was coming while still on phone.)

Atinga: Hello, Bleh Bleh, how are you? It is me Atinga. Yes na, I am eating money, it is BB things am doing. Yes na BB I dey do. I buy BB for you sef. (Smiles) Come in one hour make we reason my house. Okay. No worry I go keep your BB.

(He ends the call and drops the phone on the table, and sat back at his chair. He took the beans and bread he kept close and began talking to himself.)

Atinga: Make this man do go he meeting abeg. I go keep the bread for her, then eat the beans.
Edozie: (Atinga's father comes out from inside the room dressing up properly, he picks up his phone from the table.) Atinga, I am going for family meeting. I may not return on time because I will go see some friends afterwards. Take care of the house, and your brother.
Atinga: Okay papa. God will bless your trip and keep you safe. God will make your journey successful. You will be happy when you return and God will give you all your...
Edozie: Amen, amen, come it's okay. Since when did you turn to a pastor?
Atinga: No papa, it's as the spirit leads.
Edozie: Shut up. Which spirit? Mami water or amadioha? In fact I am beginning to suspect you.
Atinga: Papa I'm not a suspect o. Besides you are not a police man.
Edozie: Don't let me get any complain. Do you understand?
Atinga: Yes papa. (He answered as his father left the house. Atinga begins to dance makossa. A moment later, cam opens light on Blessing walking towards the house. She knocked on the door.)
Blessing: Who dey this house? Who dey o?
(Atinga immediately opens the door.)
Atinga: Love'm, you are welcome. I have been waiting for you. (He immediately starts to kiss and cuddle her.)
Blessing: What of the BB?
Atinga: Relax. It's there. Come and make me happy. Or is it because of the BB you came? I thought it was me you came to see!
Blessing: Of course. It's you I came to see. The BB can wait. (She said and hugged him as they both go inside shutting the door. Cam fades and reopens as they come out from the room having engaged in illicit affair.)
Atinga: Baby you sweet like chewing gum. All your body na sugar sugar.
Blessing: You, you are a bad boy. You want to kill me. I have to go now. Where's my BB?
Atinga: Look at it beside the chair there. Check that nylon. (He points her to the direction where she saw it. On opening the nylon, she discovers it was bread and beans. She gets angry.)
Blessing: What is this? What kind of joke is this?
Atinga: Joke? I no be comedian. I no dey joke. Naim be that.
Blessing: But what you promised me was BlackBerry.
Atinga: No, what I promised you was BB.
Blessing: Is BB not BlackBerry?
Atinga: No BB mean Beans and Bread. BB.
(She immediately understand that she has been used. She began to cause Atinga as Atinga pushes her out of his house.)
Blessing: My God will punish you. God will judge you. Your wickedness go kill you.... (Cam fades out).

1 Like

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by hidhrhis(m): 9:20am On Dec 04, 2017
Dyoungstar:

at least he modified it but how many of d joke have u posted since u also read most of d joke
try to appreciate what other ppl do and not use ur foul mouth to destroy things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by Dyoungstar: 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2017
hidhrhis:

at least he modified it but how many of d joke have u posted since u also read most of d joke
try to appreciate what other ppl do and not use ur foul mouth to destroy things

You should know that that is plagiarism and it is frowned upon.

Copying someones work without credit is stealing.
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by hidhrhis(m): 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2017
Dyoungstar:

I can't call dat copying:he upgraded what he saw by putting it into a long story we are now reading and if u insist he copied another person's work name all d author of all d work he copied

2 Likes

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by Xteljay(f): 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2017
hidhrhis:

I can't call dat copying:he upgraded what he saw by putting it into a long story we are now reading and if u insist he copied another person's work name all d author of all d work he copied
i support u

1 Like

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
SCENE NINETEEN
DAY
EXTERNAL
XTERS: Orobo and Atinga.

(Cam opens light on Atinga and Orobo staggering along the road. Atinga begins narrate what transpired between Blessing and him. They both laugh and talk. When they where very close to their house, Orobo all a sudden decides that he is tired. )
Orobo: Atinga, I don tire. Make we stop okada. House too far.
Atinga: Even me don tire sef. Make we stay here tomorrow we continue the journey.
Orobo: No make we enter okada.
(They both began stopping bikes, one stopped.)
Okada: Where una dey go?
Orobo: You know my house? Na there we dey go, just drop us for my house.
Okada: (Surprised, the bike man knew they were already beside his house) But your house na...
Atinga: Sharrap. No be money we go pay you?
Okada: Okay enter.
(They both entered. The bike man knew they were very drunk. He simply started his bike fired it up [throttled], then turn off the machine.)
Okada: Oya we don reach. Your money na N100 Naira. See your house there. (He points them to the right direction. But immediately Atinga came down, he slapped the bike man.)
Atinga: You wan kill person? See as you dey over speed.
Orobo: No mind all this young boys okada, na so de dey do. Take your money.
(They both staggered away as CAM FADES)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2017
The story will take a new shape going forward. Special thanks to hidhrhis, Xteljay, and saraphina, this update is dedicated to you all...

SCENE TWENTY
EXT.
DAY
XTERS: Messenger, Orobo and Atinga.

(Orobo and Atinga are sitting somewhere discussing when when Oche-isu messenger came to them. They were afraid at first but...)
Messenger: Do not be afraid sons of men, I bring you message from Oche-isu.
Orobo: What is the message?
Messenger: Oche-isu said i should inform you that Mmo-isu has finally picked you Atinga as the next big man in the village. You will become richer than most in the village, and you are expected to help the poor with the wealth the gods bless you with.
(At this stage Orobo began to cry. Atinga himself already dancing and singing.)
Orobo: What about me? What do I become? And what if I don't want that?
Messenger: it is your destiny to become the next Oche-isu. You will live the rest of your life serving Mmo-isu.. You will become the spiritual protector of our people, and chief messenger of the gods. If you reject, you will end up a poor man for the rest of your life.
Orobo: I reject it. I reject it. I reject it. I will not be an Oche-isu. (Orobo said crying).
Messenger: Then you will be poor and miserable for the rest of your life. You can't run from destiny.
Orobo: So be it.
Atinga: I no mind to be the next Oche-isu, I go get plenty foul and goats as gift. Shèy we fit exchange sef? (Atinga asked the messenger with keen interest).
Messenger: No. Unless the gods made a mistake. But unfortunately they never make mistakes.
Orobo: Na all of una business be that. (Orobo cried).
Atinga: Orobo. Relax. You prefer to be poor man than to be Oche-isu?
Orobo: i no know wetin I prefer. Make una leave me alone. (Orobo said, stood and walked away as CAM FADES...)

2 Likes

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2017
Dyoungstar:

I'm glad you just discovered crude in this thread... Sorry I used up all ur jokes.
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by Dyoungstar: 2:38am On Dec 06, 2017
badohemmy:

I'm glad you just discovered crude in this thread... Sorry I used up all ur jokes.

You are free boy, go on, it's a free world.
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by URep: 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pls continue the story... Don't keep we waiting for long. pls
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 9:41am On Dec 11, 2017
DAY
EXT.
XTERS: Orobo, corper Joy.

(Camera opens light on corper Joy struggling with her bag. Meanwhile Orobo was sitting somewhere weeping when he saw her struggling. He stood up and tried to help her...)

Orobo: Welcome aunty. Make i help you.
Corp Joy: Thank you, but i can manage.
Orobo: (Smiles) No manage, I go help you. Which side you dey go?
Corp Joy: Chief Ikemdi's residence is where I was given accommodation. I was told it is very close from here...
Orobo: No worry I know chief house. E no far. Naim dey there so (Orobo points towards the house which is close by).
Corp Joy: I appreciate your helping me. I was really struggling with my luggage. Thanks. By the way, my name is joy, I was posted to serve in this LGA. What's your name?
Orobo: My name na Orobo.
Corp Joy: (Laughs) You're funny. Seriously, what's your name?
Orobo: My name na Orobo..
Corp Joy: So you're serious.. Your name can't be that.. even if it is I'm not going to call you that. What is the name your parents gave you?
Orobo: No, I no dey answer am. Na my papa dey call me that one when I small. I no dey answer am again since he die. The whole village know me. Na Orobo them dey call me.
Corp Joy: I'm sorry about your dad. But I'm not calling you that. Either you tell me your name or I'll give you a name. You choose!
Orobo: Okay. You don win. Chigozie Michael. Naim be name my papa give me, but nobody know d name na Orobo naim people everywhere take know me. Even for Enugu, for Lagos, for Sambisa for inside Maiduguri, America and Italy, na Orobo... (Joy started laughing mildly as he spoke) Why you dey laugh me?
Corp Joy: I'm sorry. Like I said previously, you are very funny. Anyway. I'll call you Michael from now on. I don't care what others call you okay?
Orobo: Okay corper. We don reach chief house. Make i drop the bag here. You go knock make them take you go where your room dey. Me don dey go. (He drops the bag, turns to leave. But she called him back).
Corp Joy: Michael, thank you very much.
Orobo: No problem. In fact don't mention it.. (She laughs)
Corp Joy: Do I get to see you again? Tomorrow maybe?
Orobo: Okay. (He said smiling)
Corp Joy: Evening?
Orobo: (Still smiling and nodding his head) Okay. Bye bye. (He turned and left)
Corp Joy: Very funny boy. (She said as she lifted her bag inside, CAM FADES...)
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by olatex25(m): 2:54am On Dec 12, 2017
badohemmy:
Am calling roaster, although copied.
Pls come and read, and l3t me know if i should continue...
PAMELB, FIYAH, SMARTESTPOPQUEEN, CHUMZYPINKY..
KimberlyWest, Kimkardashain,queenitee, Evajael,Hadampson, Adeyife,. Akinwale14, rukkydelta, Chyfax, twinkle004, wadaz, kelvinhilton, binsanni, abdulshakur, essohjay2, sycrocombus, rhayne, ebigbola, prexy, Adepet222, ogbedor1, fortunate, Damsel14 funmilade11, mstalba, IfyOaks,
Abefee99, Sirblero,Urchman23, fortunateB, Demikol, Testimony600, adajoe555, heemah, yewande1234 oyindawealth, adontcare, bellohassan7, Idaraobong5, betty88, Bb4u, Mamindy, Peterkeys6, akkno, igit270, Toyin223, Martha123, sheynex, darloseh, Michealunique, triplem101, Nathblessing, 1marking, herosakin77, shakyroh320, crystalprince, nabla, tsmart360, Horlardorjah, prodekul, Souloho19, Jbaby265, lolsd, Xavier casmier, Azeequeen, Lankyannie, Ifecoded, aishatry, Aminzy, Campala, Eniquirl, Rhayne, missmossy, Ronnylove, Princessadeola, akinkudin, BlissfulJeff, sheynex, Halyma, Ami joy, Bangalee1,May Mac, Jlake, Horlardorjah, Nancydearie, Heemah, Funmilade11, crislyn, Bimberry1307, Halyma,Chizim1, Miss Claire, Mary chommy, Joettti, Lankyannie, Victorydgirl,Eniquirl,crislyn, rawgurl samyfreshsmooth , dfo12, Annie939 bimberry1307 princesamuel93 spiceybae vicchi12 Roseygold Ashiat39, rachealfst bellefidel Percentile, ritvin LeMubs, yorhmienerd Opeoluwa99 missuniverse,
ewawumi, bimberry1307 Stalwert, oracle2, Lleigh Teedeechian, datjohn, Ridwan1821, AgentOfAllah, Crowniey, Countrygirl, honourable356, ojuolu, Abuklaw, , dannybeau, olatex25, Dat9jakid, ritvin pjsmart siralabai YINKS89 Angelsss, Ochyglowsglows RolaDiva, D9ty7, MissRelly, mhiztee, RichieBrown, keeyah sashaa mhizISZY , Cirphrank, OluwabuqqyYOLO, greyce Percentile, DokitaG, agbaoyega , Maggielovely, Idrhas, missnazzy, Boybreezy, Wackyrichy, Osjaay, , Blessytee, elmogaji, Bornita, JohnAdeDavid, 49cents, mzlizabelle, Melonny, Khalipharrel, Flakkydagirl, LarrySun, and others. pls bear with me if i didn't mention u.
is good to be here, tnx for d mention

1 Like

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 8:17am On Dec 16, 2017
olatex25:
is good to be here, tnx for d mention
Welcome sir
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2017
SCENE: TWENTY TWO.
DAY.
EXT.
XTERS: Orobo, Nnenna and Ada.

(Nnenna and her daughter Ada sat outside discussing about the choice of the gods when Orobo walks in).

Nnenna: Have you seen your brother Orobo?
Ada: No mama. But he was quite upset with the news that the messenger brought about him being the next Oche-isu.
Nnenna: He should be. I expected better from him. Just imagine, my ward a native doctor...
Ada: ah ha mama. But he did not choose himself ...
Nnenna: Ta shut up there. What's do you know? It is only what you have that you can give. The gods have already seen that he is useless. At least he will be getting chicken and goats people will be bringing for sacrifice.
Ada: Mama. It's not fair o. He's your son, you should be encouraging him...
Nnenna: Shut up there. Your head. He's not my son. He's my step son. My son would have been named the next big man... Not a dibie..
(She continues to talk bad about Orobo when he walked in. He overhead most of what Nnenna had said, he shook his head and joined them).
Orobo: Good afternoon mama.
Nnenna: Oh! Doctor. Your doctor brother is back.
Ada: Brother welcome. Brother you're not looking too well..
Nnenna: Don't worry, he is a doctor, he can take care of himself. Since being rich is not in your blood, you should at least be bringing goat and chicken for us to be eating. So when are you going to start your training?
Orobo: Mama I am not going.
Nnenna: Meaning?
Orobo: I don't want to be the next Oche-isu. I'm not going.
(Nnenna starts laughing. She knew there was consequence for that).
Ada: But brother, you know that if you don't accept your destiny, you will end up unsuccessful in whatever you venture into.
Orobo: I no believe that thing. My destiny dey God hand.
Nnenna: (She continues to laugh) Do you have a destiny? If not for this Oche-isu that the gods manage to dash you, do you think you have any destiny at all? Biko sé ebé pú. Destinyless human being.
(Orobo starts crying as he walks away. Ada wasn't too happen with her mum's reaction and follow him.)
Ada: Mama what you're doing is not fair o. It's not fair at all.
Nnenna: Come on! Let me lay my hands on you, I'll show you the colour of fair. Nonsense.
CAM FADES..
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by URep: 9:58pm On Dec 22, 2017
cool. but ur update de delay jor
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
SCENE: TWENTY THREE.
DAY.
EXT.
XTERS: Atinga and girls.
(Atinga begins to party with girls. He dances to the music shake body by Skales. A little boy comes to him and drags him to where there's less noise...)

Boy: Brother person dey find you for house.
Atinga: Na who be that?
Boy: Na brother Orobo.
Atinga: Tell am say you no see me. In fact tell am say I don loss. Oya dey go. (He pushes the little boy away and danced back to his little party as CAM FADES...).
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
SCENE TWENTY FOUR
DAY.
EXT.
XTERS: Edozie, Monica.

(Atinga's father was sitting in front of his house whistling and singing. He complained about being bored when Monica came knocking.)
Monica: Nnanyi good evening sir.
Edozie: Hmmm. (Licks his lips as he observed the young curvy girl lustfully.) Asa good evening. How are you?
Monica: I'm fine sir.
Edozie: Are you sure you are fine? You don't look fine. What brings you to my house?
Monica: Nnanyi I'm here to see Atinga.
Edozie: He's not home. Is there a problem? I can help. Just talk to me.
Monica: Atinga and I have been together for a long time. Even before the gods chose him to become the next big man. But since then many girls have been distracting him. He already promised that he will marry me. Nnanyi I don't want to lose him. (She said and began to sob in a low voice).
Edozie: Chai! Asa. Come come, come sit on my leg. Ogom' [my In-law]. (She sits on his lap while he places his hands on her backside robbing it gently). You are my inlaw. I promise you that you won't lose him. As long as I am happy with you, I will reject any girl he brings home.
Monica: I will do anything to get my love back.
Edozie: You are too beautiful for anyone to turn down. Chai! (He begins to caress her.)
Monica: No Nnanyi. Please stop. (She stands up abruptly).
Edozie: En eh! Okay. You want my son but you don't want to sacrifice. You can go. Hundreds of people are waiting for this opportunity.
Monica: No Nnanyi. I meant we should not be doing that outside (she said changing her mind, knowing she could lose everything).
Edozie: Smart girl. I like you already my in law. (Smiling. He holds her and struggles to take her inside the house as CAM FADES...)

1 Like

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by URep: 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2018
update is slow, pls update na
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 5:00am On Jan 04, 2018
SCENE TWENTY FIVE
DAY.
INT.
XTERS: Corp Joy, Orobo.
(Orobo knocks on the door, he is ushered inside by Corp Joy. They exchange pleasantries).
Corp Joy: You abandoned me here Michael, you just made yourself scarce.
Orobo: No vex. (He looked very unhappy and Corp Joy noticed.)
Corp Joy: Michael you look downcast. Are you alright?
Orobo: I dey fine. No worry about am.
Corp Joy: Sadness is infectious. Your being sad can make me sad as well, so you must tell me. Remember that two good heads are better than one.
Orobo: (chuckles) Corper, my head no good. My destiny dey useless. You no go understand. (He began to sob).
Corp Joy: No Michael. Make me understand. Don't be a crying baby. I'm begging you. Talk to me. (She urged him to tell her what the problem is, immediately he began telling her how the gods chose him as the next Oche-isu and how his life will be useless if he rejects it as CAM FADES.
SCENE TWENTY FIVE continued...
Orobo: So na so the gods take pick my friend as the next big man for this village, they come choose me as the next dibia. They say if i reject am I go dey useless for life. My destiny useless, my life useless... (He began to cry again).
Corp Joy: (She places her hands on top of his) Do you want to be this chief priest?
Orobo: No o. Tufiakwa, God forbid. I be Christian, even if I no dey go church, but for my mind I know say I be Christian. But if I no agree I go dey useless. Na my destiny.
Corp Joy: It's not your destiny. Your destiny is what you mould it to be. If you accept to be the chief priest, then it becomes your destiny. But if you fight to make something better off yourself, then what you make out of yourself becomes your destiny. You're the pilot of your life.
Orobo: Corper you dey sure so?
Corp Joy: Yes I am sure. I'll tell you a story. I know of a girl, a corper, she's from a very rich and powerful home. When she was about going for service, her parents wanted her to serve in one of their companies. But she didn't want that. She wanted to really serve her country. So she fought to make sure her parents did not succeed in picking her place of primary assignment for her. She was in camp with me. She didn't go to Abuja like her parents wanted. She went to a village instead. She chose her own destiny. Even if her parents where powerful. Do you see that our destiny is in our hands?
Orobo: Excuse me, so the girl leave Abuja come go serve for village? The girl no get sense o.
Corp Joy: What if it is what she wanted? Don't you see that her destiny was in her own hand?
Orobo: Yes, she do wetin she want.
Corp Joy: Exactly my point. You can do or be what you want, not what your chief priest says the gods said. It won't be easy, but you must be ready to work hard for it. Extra hard. So the question is what do you want Michael?
Orobo: I want to be tailor. No be small village tailor o, but big city tailor. I want to design the cloth inside paper, then sew am like my papa.
Corp Joy: That's a fashion designer.
Orobo: No na tailoring..
Corp Joy: Tailors sew, but fashion designers are creative, they can design new styles before sewing. Tailors are usually small time shop owners..
Orobo: OK no no, na the other one I want.
Corp Joy: Okay Michael. I'll help you achieve your dream.
Orobo: haha, but corper, na how you go take do am?
Corp Joy: Let's leave it a secret. But you must promise to give me your best, your absolute best, nothing less...
Orobo: I promise 1 and half million times. I promise again put on top. (Orobo became extremely happy)
Corp Joy: Good, but you have a lot to learn and improve upon... Starting from your English.... (She said as CAM FADES out).

1 Like

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by favch(f): 9:46pm On Jan 08, 2018
Lucky orobo, he gat who would help him mould his destiny to what he wants
Ride on, u r not consistent
Pls try updating
Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 5:38am On Jan 13, 2018
SCENE: TWENTY SIX
DAY.
EXT.
XTERS: Chief Edozie, Corper Joy, Orobo

(Chief, the landlord to corper Joy begins to ask her out until Orobo comes to her rescue..)

Chief Ikemdi: Ha, Corper, corper you know you can benefit a lot from me. Why are you turning me down?

Corper Joy: Chief, I've told you I can't be with someone my father's age. Why are you still bothering me?

Chief Ikemdi: My dear, it doesn't matter. What I can't make up physically, I'll meet up with financially.. (laughs)

(Orobo walks into shot and agitate Chief Ikemdi)

Orobo: Chief ndéwó. Good afternoon corper Joy.

Chief Ikemdi: ndéwó Orobo. Em corper. We'll talk later. Your friend is here. (He walks away)

Corper Joy: (Frowning) Michael let's go inside please.

(They walked inside. Settled on the bed. Orobo knew she was troubled.)

Orobo: Corper Joy, what is bothering you?

Corper Joy: My landlord don't want to leave me alone. I just don't understand this. I have told him I am not interested, I don't know what else to tell the old man.

Orobo: The older men in our village are spoilt. Chief is no exception.

Corper Joy: Dor!, this young lady here is not interested (she said pointing from her head to her toe in a fanciful way).

Orobo: Okay na. I will solve the problem in just a day.

Corper Joy: How do you plan to do that young man?

Orobo: I go explain when it's done.

CAM FADES OFF...

1 Like

Re: A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) by badohemmy(m): 6:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
SCENE TWENTY SEVEN.
DAY.
INT.
XTERS: Atinga, Chief Odume, Jane

(Atinga is invited over to Chief Odume's mansion. CAM opens light on Atinga and Odume as they sit in the sitting room [use anywhere please] )

Chief Odume: You are welcome to my house. (Says confidently, smiling).
Atinga: Thank you Sir. Your house fine well well.
Chief Odume: You can say that again (Laughs). Alright young man, I invited you here to tell you something very important. I hope you give me a favourable answer.
Atinga: Ah, ask away sir. Anything for you Sir. If it is within my power, why not.
Chief Odume: My daughter is 22 years old, I've always wanted her to marry from my village since she's my only child, but as you know, there is almost no suitable suitors in the village, except the ones in Lagos, you know, the Yahoo Yahoo boys...
Atinga: It's true sir. There are no correct men in our village.
Chief Odume: Yes, no suitable man for her except you. That's why I invited you. I want you to be the future husband of my daughter.
Atinga: What's wrong with the girl?
Chief Odume: No. She's fine.
Atinga: Well, let me see first na. (Chief Odume calls his daughter Jane. She answers and comes out). Chief this your pikin is fire o. She's very pretty. Really beautiful.
Chief Odume: I told you before. So Jane, like we previously discussed, you'll be engaged to the next big man in our village, by the time his wealth and mine merges, we will have an empire.. Ah ah ah.(he laughs impressed at himself while it is clear that Jane was not too comfortable with the arrangement) My son, go closer and meet your future wife.
Atinga: Yes sir. (Atinga stands up and examines Jane, he praises her features with funny name names like 'tomato Jos' as CAM fades..)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Hosted By Bloomberg School Of Public Health-photos / The Quirk Of Fate (Short Relationship Story) / Top Nigerian Book Publishers Still Active

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.