Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,329 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video (19081 Views)

Nigeria Vs Egypt: International Friendly - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Poland Vs Nigeria: International Friendly 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Argentina Vs Nigeria: International Friendly - 2 - 4 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by Nigeriapen(m): 11:43pm On Nov 14, 2017
Inter' Friendly: Argentina vs 2-4 Nigeria (Watch The Match Highlights)
Watch video and Analysis below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcc-VcftIFo

Alex Iwobi scored twice as Nigeria fought back from 2-0 down against Argentina to secure a stunning 4-2 friendly victory in Krasnodar.

Sergio Aguero scored his 36th international goal to move clear in third place on Argentina's all-time scoring list as Jorge Sampaoli's side looked set to prosper despite the absence of Messi, who had returned to Barcelona after featuring in the 1-0 win over Russia on Saturday.

Having drawn level with Hernan Crespo by scoring a late winner against the Russians, Aguero followed up his first international goal since June 2016 by tapping home Argentina's second to back up Ever Banega's free-kick opener.

Yet their comfortable cushion evaporated either side of the interval, with Kelechi Iheanacho inspiring a Nigeria fightback with a free-kick of his own in the closing stages of the first half.

Two goals in the space of three second-half minutes from Iwobi and Bryan Idowu swung the game further away from Argentina, with the former then slotting home a fourth to secure Nigeria just their second ever win over their South American opponents.

The astonishing turnaround came after Banega's 28th-minute free-kick gave Sampaoli's side a deserved lead - albeit they needed help from goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi to break the deadlock.

After nudging the ball outside his own penalty area, a careless Akpeyi curiously allowed Aguero to quickly close the gap, forcing him to pick it up to prevent embarrassment.

He did not escape punishment for his error, however, as Banega curled the resulting set-piece opportunity into the net, Akpeyi opening up further space to target by taking an unnecessary step behind his wall.

Aguero added a second eight minutes later to move clear of Crespo, the striker tapping home Cristian Pavon's low cross from the right, and at that stage Argentina were coasting.

Nigeria had barely threatened in the first half but still managed to get back in the game, Iheanacho following Banega's example by scoring from a free-kick in the final minute of the first half.

The Leicester City striker's effort came after he had earlier left an impression on Nicolas Otamendi, catching his former Manchester City team-mate with an elbow.

Yet Iheanacho escaped with only a yellow card and, after halving the deficit, he heaped further pain on Argentina by setting up Nigeria's quick-fire double after the break.

Not content with a square pass from the right that allowed Iwobi to sweep home an equaliser, the 21-year-old forward played in the supporting Idowu to curl a right-footed effort beyond goalkeeper Agustin Marchesin.
Hit by a one-two combination, Argentina struggled to mount a response as they looked to get back on level terms in a game that had somehow escaped from their grasp.

Iwobi wrapped up the victory for Nigeria, the Arsenal forward finishing with his left foot after swerving his way beyond Javier Mascherano.
Hi, Welcome to Nigeriapen media,... Thanks for watching... DON'T FORGET TO SHARE,COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE, FOR MORE!

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by Okite15(m): 10:55am On Nov 15, 2017
ftc

If only this could be repeated over
and over again

abeg we too much

friendly or not

11 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by shumuel(m): 10:55am On Nov 15, 2017
Honestly, i see no reason why Nigeria or any of the African team could not have won the world cup all these years, with all our boast of Juju, African magic, Jazz and all the Spiritual powers we claim to possess in this country and continent.

A country with powerful men of God in the likes of Prophet T.B joshua, Bishop Oyedepo, Rev.pst Chris, Daddy G.O, Apostle Suleman e.t.c

I would had thought all they need do was to pray on their Jerseys, Boots and lay hands on them, period, Nigeria has won the world cup.

Abi is that not how they use to anoint and pray on our Pens/Biro so we could pass our exams grin grin grin tongue

Na suggestions and observations ooo grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by dessz(m): 10:55am On Nov 15, 2017
angry op u want make I blind wetin.u type BEHAVE YASEF OHH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by Ridwan123(m): 10:56am On Nov 15, 2017
good
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by baski92(m): 10:56am On Nov 15, 2017
What happen yesterday was more like a miracle, i could not belive my eyes. I even thought i was dreaming but i was not, with this kind of playing level we do have chance's of winning world cup. I belive in nigeria

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by ConcernedWife: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2017
Job search for Hubby - Help a Concerned wife

Pls nairalanders, I thought about this for a long time before I decided to make this announcement. I made sure I exhausted every possible means before coming down here. Please do not crucify me.

I can't divulge everything her . I am looking for a job for my sweetheart . You know when a man with children is out of job.

Anyone please help.

location - lagos

He was a former banker-not sacked.

contact me on affiliatemess@gmail.com

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by Dutchey(m): 10:57am On Nov 15, 2017
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by DeutschJunge: 10:58am On Nov 15, 2017
Na wa o. Friendly match we no go rest again!
Its no biggy guys, its their job and it happens that this time they did well.
its just like when a state government makes 1 km of road, and you keep shouting achievement upadan!

Oga na their work!
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by francescainnoce(f): 10:58am On Nov 15, 2017
I can’t wait for 2018. It’s gonna be amazing.
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 15, 2017
dessz:
angry op u want make I blind wetin.u type BEHAVE YASEF OHH

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by Inception(m): 10:59am On Nov 15, 2017
ConcernedWife:
Job search for Hubby - Help a Concerned wife

Pls nairalanders, I thought about this for a long time before I decided to make this announcement. I made sure I exhausted every possible means before coming down here. Please do not crucify me.

I can't divulge everything her . I am looking for a job for my sweetheart . You know when a man with children is out of job.

Anyone please help.

location - lagos

He was a former banker-not sacked.

contact me on affiliatemess@gmail.com
You are a good woman.

9 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by trulygirl: 11:00am On Nov 15, 2017
The Nigerian Goalkeeper shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by deco22(m): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2017
Iheanacho was really helpful in the match though iwobi took all the glory.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by spartan117(m): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2017
Up super eagles
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by Benjaniblinks(m): 11:01am On Nov 15, 2017
Seriously, The Coach Should Do Smtin Abt Our Goal Keeper....We Can't Take Him To World Cup. Never!

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by spartan117(m): 11:01am On Nov 15, 2017
trulygirl:
He thought the referee ordered a freekick against Argentina for an offside call that never happened

5 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by spartan117(m): 11:03am On Nov 15, 2017
baski92:
What happen yesterday was more like a miracle, i could not belive my eyes. I even thought i was dreaming but i was not, with this kind of playing level we do have chance's of winning world cup. I belive in nigeria
Our second half performance yesterday was actually good enough to win the world cup

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by BRYIAN99(m): 11:07am On Nov 15, 2017
Russia here we come!!!
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by baski92(m): 11:07am On Nov 15, 2017
spartan117:

Our second half performance yesterday was actually good enough to win the world cup
yes bro it was unbeliveable
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by neonly: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2017
Buhari why undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by Saintsbrown(m): 11:10am On Nov 15, 2017
trulygirl:
D guy is better
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by pastorcyrus(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2017
Nigeriapen:
Inter' Friendly: Argentina vs 2-4 Nigeria (Watch The Match Highlights)
Watch video and Analysis below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcc-VcftIFo

Alex Iwobi scored twice as Nigeria fought back from 2-0 down against Argentina to secure a stunning 4-2 friendly victory in Krasnodar.

Sergio Aguero scored his 36th international goal to move clear in third place on Argentina's all-time scoring list as Jorge Sampaoli's side looked set to prosper despite the absence of Messi, who had returned to Barcelona after featuring in the 1-0 win over Russia on Saturday.

Having drawn level with Hernan Crespo by scoring a late winner against the Russians, Aguero followed up his first international goal since June 2016 by tapping home Argentina's second to back up Ever Banega's free-kick opener.

Yet their comfortable cushion evaporated either side of the interval, with Kelechi Iheanacho inspiring a Nigeria fightback with a free-kick of his own in the closing stages of the first half.

Two goals in the space of three second-half minutes from Iwobi and Bryan Idowu swung the game further away from Argentina, with the former then slotting home a fourth to secure Nigeria just their second ever win over their South American opponents.

The astonishing turnaround came after Banega's 28th-minute free-kick gave Sampaoli's side a deserved lead - albeit they needed help from goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi to break the deadlock.

After nudging the ball outside his own penalty area, a careless Akpeyi curiously allowed Aguero to quickly close the gap, forcing him to pick it up to prevent embarrassment.

He did not escape punishment for his error, however, as Banega curled the resulting set-piece opportunity into the net, Akpeyi opening up further space to target by taking an unnecessary step behind his wall.

Aguero added a second eight minutes later to move clear of Crespo, the striker tapping home Cristian Pavon's low cross from the right, and at that stage Argentina were coasting.

Nigeria had barely threatened in the first half but still managed to get back in the game, Iheanacho following Banega's example by scoring from a free-kick in the final minute of the first half.

The Leicester City striker's effort came after he had earlier left an impression on Nicolas Otamendi, catching his former Manchester City team-mate with an elbow.

Yet Iheanacho escaped with only a yellow card and, after halving the deficit, he heaped further pain on Argentina by setting up Nigeria's quick-fire double after the break.

Not content with a square pass from the right that allowed Iwobi to sweep home an equaliser, the 21-year-old forward played in the supporting Idowu to curl a right-footed effort beyond goalkeeper Agustin Marchesin.
Hit by a one-two combination, Argentina struggled to mount a response as they looked to get back on level terms in a game that had somehow escaped from their grasp.

Iwobi wrapped up the victory for Nigeria, the Arsenal forward finishing with his left foot after swerving his way beyond Javier Mascherano.
Hi, Welcome to Nigeriapen media,... Thanks for watching... DON'T FORGET TO SHARE,COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE, FOR MORE!

Kudos to the super eagles once again for demolishing Argentina. I thought that most of our boys have the worst form of inferiority complex,most atimes instead of them to attack,defend or dribble, they will only be jostling for the camera to catch them next to Lionel messi so that they will go and enlarge the picture and come to the social media to be intimidating us but they have proven me to be wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by EmmaLege: 11:15am On Nov 15, 2017
cheesy
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by correctguy101(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2017
shumuel:
Honestly, i see no reason why Nigeria or any of the African team could not have won the world cup all these years, with all our boust of Juju, African magic, Jazz and all the Spiritual powers we claim to possess in this country and continent.

A country with powerful men of God in the likes of Prophet T.B joshua, Bishop Oyedepo, Rev.pst Chris, Daddy G.O, Apostle Suleman e.t.c

I would had thought all they need do was to pray on their Jerseys, Boots and lay hands on them, period, Nigeria has won the world cup.

Abi is that not how they use to anoint and pray on our Pens/Biro so we could pass our exams grin grin grin tongue

Correct guy. Pick one...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by 9jatatafo(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2017
shumuel:
Honestly, i see no reason why Nigeria or any of the African team could not have won the world cup all these years, with all our boust of Juju, African magic, Jazz and all the Spiritual powers we claim to possess in this country and continent.

Hahahaha you anointed your pen/Biro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by wintersnow(m): 11:20am On Nov 15, 2017
You guys were just lucky because Messi didn't play...
#proudly Zambian
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by Ussy4real(m): 11:20am On Nov 15, 2017
Abeg e don do.. Make una carry world cup first
Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by anonimi: 11:21am On Nov 15, 2017
baski92:

It was NOT a miracle.
It was not.
It is what you get when you allow MERIT to be the basis of appointments and selections instead of quota system and federal character that brings NEPA certificate Fulani born-to-rule owner of naijeriya as president over a law professor!
Don't we have Nigerian football professionals shining in Europe?
Don't we have Nigerian students dusting oyinbos anyhow to make 1st class?
#RestructureNow.

Donclaracuzo:
Abia – Male (130) Female (130)
Adamawa – Male (62) Female (62)
Akwa-Ibom – Male (123) Female (123)
Anambra – Male (139) Female (139)
Bauchi – Male (35) Female (35)
Bayelsa – Male (72) Female (72)
Benue – Male (111) Female (111)
Borno – Male (45) Female (45)
Cross-Rivers – Male (97) Female (97)
Delta – Male (131) Female (131)
Ebonyi – Male (112) Female (112)
Edo – Male (127) Female (127)
Ekiti – Male (119) Female (119)
Enugu – Male (134) Female (134)
Gombe – Male (58) Female (58)
Imo – Male (138) Female (138)
Jigawa – Male (44) Female (44)
Kaduna – Male (91) Female (91)
Kano – Male (67) Female (67)
Kastina – Male (60) Female (60)
Kebbi – Male (9) Female (20)

Kogi – Male (119) Female (119)
Kwara – Male (123) Female (123)
Lagos – Male (133) Female(133)
Nassarawa – Male (58) Female (58)
Niger – Male (93) Female (93)

Ogun – Male (131) Female (131)
Ondo – Male (126) Female (126)
Osun – Male (127) Female (127)
Oyo – Male (127) Female (127)
Plateau – Male (97) Female (97)
Rivers – Male (118) Female (118)
Sokoto – Male (9) Female (13)
Taraba – Male (3) Female (11)
Yobe – Male (2) Female (27)
Zamfara -- Male (4) Female (2)

FCT - Male (90) Female (90)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4914935_4278451fbimg1474791423517jpeg9837caef6dfcfcf456e0ff25a7f500b5_jpegda5b8f13f42bc1476ffe441b52684b50

4 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 15, 2017
I pledge to Nigeria my country to be faithful, loyal and honest as long as the National team keep winning.
So help me God.
Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Messi, Haaland, Mbappé Lead Fifa's The Best Award Shortlist / Fincen Files: Roman Abramovich Had Secret Stakes In Rival Players / Nwankwo Kanu With Beneficiaries Of His Heart Foundation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.