Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? (10998 Views)

Shout Out To My Spouse! / Living Without My Spouse For 6 Months (At Least) / My Spouse Came To Embarrass Me At My Working Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by akinolasam: 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2010
Whatever name you may want to call me, you may be justified.

I got involved in an extra affair and the truth is that i feel guilty every time I remember my action.

Must i tell my spouse what I have done? Howdo I save myself from all the consequences that may follow my confession?

Pls, advice me.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Sauron1: 11:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
akinolasam:

I got involved in an extra affair and the truth is that i feel guilty every time I remember my action.

Must i tell my spouse what I have done? Howdo I save myself from all the consequences that may follow my confession?

Pls, advice me.

What exactly did you do?
Give me the details. grin grin grin grin
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by debosky(m): 11:46pm On Mar 22, 2010
You need to decide if she can find out or not. . . . personally if it was a one night stand or with a woman of the night, I'd consider not telling her.

If on the other hand, there is a possibility of her finding out, it will hurt if she doesn't hear it from you.

You must first of all clean up your act and be ready for her to hate you for a while, or even risk her leaving before you tell her.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Sauron1: 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2010
debosky:

You need to decide if she can find out or not. . . . personally if it was a one night stand or with a woman of the night, I'd consider not telling her.

If on the other hand, there is a possibility of her finding out, it will hurt if she doesn't hear it from you.

You must first of all clean up your act and be ready for her to hate you for a while, or even risk her leaving before you tell her.

U didn't even factor the OP could be a woman. . . .
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by TOPE20001(f): 11:49pm On Mar 22, 2010
akinolasam:

Pls, advice me.

Well atleast u feel guilty, shows u have a consciencewink
Now i think somethings are better left unsaid, say she knew n she asked then yea u might confess but i'l advice u leave it and not do it again but to be honest its really up u. undecided
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by debosky(m): 11:51pm On Mar 22, 2010
^^

I have assumed. . . . it could be a woman.

For a woman it could be even more costly. . . consider the chances of finding out first before spilling your guts.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by tayoast(m): 11:52pm On Mar 22, 2010
akinolasam:

the truth is that i feel guilty every time I remember my action.

u av to tell ur spouse. ur conscience is alive, dts y u fell guilty
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by TOPE20001(f): 11:53pm On Mar 22, 2010
debosky:

^^

For a woman it could be even more costly. . . consider the chances of finding out first before spilling your guts.

Rules gotta change for the women, doesnt it? undecided
very sexist sad
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by tayoast(m): 11:58pm On Mar 22, 2010
TOPE2000!:

very sexist sad

be realistic, nothing sexist .
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 23, 2010
Good thing is you feel guilty, hopefully this guilt will motivate you to avoid future temptations. As for telling your partner, I think its best to come clean, nothing is hidden under the sun and he/she will definitely find out if not now, in 10/20/30/40/50yrs time.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by debosky(m): 12:06am On Mar 23, 2010
TOPE2000!:

very sexist sad

Nothing sexist I'm afraid - if they are white or foreigners, then no issues. But if they are Nigerian, the odds are unfortunately stacked against the woman if she commits the infidelity.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by TOPE20001(f): 12:11am On Mar 23, 2010
debosky:

Nothing sexist I'm afraid - if they are white or foreigners, then no issues. But if they are Nigerian, the odds are unfortunately stacked against the woman if she commits the infidelity.

i know but . . . . .but gotta try so bite me grin cheesy
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Sauron1: 12:12am On Mar 23, 2010
How grave an offence is ADULTERY?
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by debosky(m): 12:18am On Mar 23, 2010
TOPE2000!:

i know but . . . . .but gotta try so bite me grin cheesy

Where? [size=5pt]**Don't tempt me oh**[/size]
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by TOPE20001(f): 12:23am On Mar 23, 2010
debosky:

Where? [size=5pt]**Don't tempt me oh**[/size]

tee hee hee . . . . .[size=5pt]now why wud i wanna do that?[/size] tongue
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Pweety4me(f): 12:28am On Mar 23, 2010
Now who's derailing huh?*rolls eyes*tongue

@OP i dunno drink somefin dat will make u 4get wateva nastiness u did undecided but b4 u do dat clean up any excess sh*.t u left hanging round sista/brotha.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 23, 2010
If he's a naija man, don't come clean. grin Whether you tell him yourself or he finds out himself, he will still pursue you out of his house. grin

1 Like

Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by debosky(m): 12:33am On Mar 23, 2010
stillwater:

If he's a naija man, don't come clean. grin Whether you tell him yourself or he finds out himself, he will still pursue you out of his house. grin

Exactly my point - regardless of whether he's shagged half the neighbourhood, let the woman try it and she'll be out on her derriere. sad

~Sauron~:

How grave an offence is ADULTERY?

Grave enough to have your name taken to Baba Dibia. cheesy
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Pweety4me(f): 12:37am On Mar 23, 2010
Once there is love there is hope so anyfin can happen not all african men reason d same way abeg,
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 23, 2010
@poster
ask yourself this question[b]:" if your spouse had done the exact same "mistake" you did, would you have wanted that he/she come clean?"[/b]

also what kind of relationship you expect to build without honesty? trust is already out the window, dont let honesty be gone because that will surely be THE END!
you may hide it now and in the future this stuff may blow in your face. at least give that spouse the respect he/she deserve before they get humiliated later.(better they learn of this by you than by their friends or the neighbor's gossiping)

imho you HAVE to come clean and let your spouse forgive you and give you a chance to redeem yourself OR leave your cheating a$$ if he/she wants to.
you have to live with the consequences of your confessions as a result of a simple mistake you made(simple law of action and reaction).
you may be remorseful but let YOUR SPOUSE decide the fate of this union (its about two people not just one)
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by violent(m): 1:46am On Mar 23, 2010
Sometimes its just good to let sleeping dogs lie.

Telling your wife/husband that you just cheated on her/ him is bound to break your marriage faster than you can say "hi".

Just make sure you don't repeat such. . .and if your guilty conscience refuses to shut the fcking up. . .then you tell it to shut the fcking up!
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by DeepSoul(f): 1:53am On Mar 23, 2010
violent:

Sometimes its just good to let sleeping dogs lie.

This ur name dey make person fear
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by sulad82i(m): 2:47am On Mar 23, 2010
1. Stop the sh!t 1st (thats if u cant handle it)
2. Face ur wife, apologize to her before you even let her know what u did
3. Stay a lil far away though, LOL
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by spoilt(f): 2:49am On Mar 23, 2010
@ Op,
If you're a guy, confess and ask for forgiveness. Women are almost obliged to forgive. You'll all move on.
If you're a woman. . . . . SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!! grin
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Pweety4me(f): 2:53am On Mar 23, 2010
Deep Soul:

This your name dey make person fear

grin
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by jamace(m): 3:34am On Mar 23, 2010
I'm glad you still have a conscience. Most people lost theirs on the first nite.

I will advise you keep mum. Just resolve not to do it again and mean it.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by UcheUwadi(m): 3:41am On Mar 23, 2010
If you must cheat and you are remorseful, take it to the grave. That is the best advice I could give you. What she don't know, wont hurt her.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 23, 2010
I'm yet to still rool back and accept this double standard thing against women.

debosky:

^^

angry angry angry angry

akinolasam:

Pls, advice me.

Did you come to ask for our advise before you did it angry angry tongue
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 23, 2010
Will advice u not to tell ur spouse, but please and please never let it happen again.
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by tayoast(m): 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2010
sulad82i:

1. Stop the droppings 1st (thats if u cant handle it)
2. Face your wife, apologize to her before you even let her know what u did
3. Stay a lil far away though, LOL

very important cheesy
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Caporegime(m): 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2010
Guy u have not broken the 11th comandment,(thou shall not get caught) so if g were u, "IT WAS'NT ME" dnt write ur death sentence. u dig
Re: Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse? by Nautillus(m): 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2010
jumman:

Will advice u not to tell your spouse, but please and please never let it happen again.

Seconded!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. / Runaway Sales Boy: What Do I Do? / What's The Secret To Long-lasting And Fulfilling Relationships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.