Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

I Am Going Into Cocoa Faming ,drop Your Guide Here - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Am Going Into Cocoa Faming ,drop Your Guide Here (537 Views)

Mushroom Faming / Be BETTER Than The Best In SNAIL FAMING / Acers Of Land Of Sale At Onigabari Ibadan For Faming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Going Into Cocoa Faming ,drop Your Guide Here by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 15, 2017
Hello my good brothers of Agric -nairaland,
I am at the foundation stage of planting a cocoa field of 2600 square meters .I have done my research and currently talking to field farmers on the way to enter.
my concern is that I am going to rent the land from a family, though I am looking at 20 years land lease, what price the family will place the land is what I don't know.
Using 1 hectar as a benchmark, what do you guess or assume a hectar of land will worth for a 20 year lease, taking into consideration that I will be the one to develop the farm from cleaning to planting . You assumption would aid my decision making.

Yours Happybrother .
Re: I Am Going Into Cocoa Faming ,drop Your Guide Here by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2017
where are the cocoa farmers here?
Re: I Am Going Into Cocoa Faming ,drop Your Guide Here by whirlwind7(m): 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2017
happybrother:
I am at the foundation stage of planting a cocoa field of 2600 square meters .I have done my research and currently talking to field farmers on the way to enter.
my concern is that I am going to rent the land from a family, though I am looking at 20 years land lease, what price the family will place the land is what I don't know.
Using 1 hectar as a benchmark, what do you guess or assume a hectar of land will worth for a 20 year lease, taking into consideration that I will be the one to develop the farm from cleaning to planting . You assumption would aid my decision making.

Yours Happybrother .

Your post lack usable info.
You do know that the most important factor which determines land value is its location. It doesn't matter if its a farmland, jungle or residential area. Its location is paramount.
So, I don't think you would be getting much accurate feedback here. Just ask around the location how much plots/acres of land are sold in same location. The 2600 m² you mentioned is roughly about 4 plots.This should guide you to estimate if the lease value is okay.
Re: I Am Going Into Cocoa Faming ,drop Your Guide Here by Newway2(m): 9:29pm On Nov 15, 2017
happybrother:

Yours Happybrother .

Cocoa is best planted on a farmland belonging to you or on a very long lease (like 50 or 99 yrs) from govt.

Commercial cocoa farming starts with minimum of 1ha or 10,000sqm.

Ur 2600sqm is not even up to 1acre which is 4,000sqm. At 9mx9m, u will only hv 32 cocoa plants even if u used all d farmland.

Following GAP in cocoa farming, average yield is 1.5-2tonnes/ha.

Do d maths & see if u are OK with yield from a 32tree cocoa field.

Remember that cocoa is most likely intercropped
with plantain & u will hv d same number of cocoa & plantain on d same field.

Hope ds helps?

Meanwhile, u didn't response to my request of JAIN irrigation. Pls do
Re: I Am Going Into Cocoa Faming ,drop Your Guide Here by opelyem(m): 11:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
Op, I don't think it is reasonable to rent/lease land for any kind of cash crop. The owners can do anything tomorrow. rather, buy your own land.
Re: I Am Going Into Cocoa Faming ,drop Your Guide Here by joinnow: 11:23pm On Nov 15, 2017
Rough estimate
1hectare for a year should be 10000. X numbers of years is 20 = 200k

(1) (Reply)

Trustworthy Poultry Attendant Urgently Needed / Groundnuts For Urgent Sale / 9000 Spent Layers For Sale In @ Ewiri Farms In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.