Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" (52399 Views)

I Snubbed Super Eagles Because Of Man City – Nedum Onuoha Opens Up / Patrice Evra Backs England To Win Euro 2020 While Holding A Fish (Photos) / Alex Iwobi: Why I 'Humiliated' Hamari Traore For Having 'Bad Breath' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Naturalobserver(m): 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
NoFavors:
Best thing that's happened to the Super Eagles gsince JayJay and Papillo
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by sharpwriter(m): 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
manneger2:

Bros with iWobi present age and form he won't make England form, forget that he score 2 goals yesterday, iwobi is not average player, he is below average, he need to improve otherwise nigeria will drop him too
I disagree with you on the matter of being average or below it. HE IS INDEED AN AVERAGE PLAYER, and a good striker too. Did you see the first goal he scored yesterday, and the only goal he scored against Zambia? Those goals were the same style and classic, few players or strikers have the ability to score such (he didn't make any attempt to balance before striking because he fired immediately the ball reached him). The assist leading to those 2 goals came from the sides of box 18, and he skillfully directed his foot kicking the ball to the goal post dodging the keeper with it. Even Iheanacho may not score goals like that. You know why? Go and study past strikers and midfielders in Nigeria and other Africa countries, most of their strikes kicks ball to heaven as if they never trained to shoot as a striker. Have yu been impressed by Emenike or Ideye's strikes? Or even Ahmed Musa? Iwobi knows how to focus goal post and keeps the ball low ( I give him kudus for that), he may make mistakes but seldom fvcks up when striking. Most goals in the qualifiers, he scored it, and YES he is average enough, he only needs to work harder because he is a yung and rising talent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by ReachHard: 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
but if u also lose a die minute penalty or a clear chance u may not be called again grin

..Let him goan ask AIYEGBENI

Den no dey TELLI PESIN
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Rastamann: 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Iwobi wos wobi... Any small mistake like this, na curse go follow.

This is 9ja grin

No shaking Iwobi! This happens not only in Nigeria but in virtually all countries!

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Richardabbey(m): 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2017
ashjay001:

Hoooooooraaaaayyyyyy.......grin

Switch from glo, abeg!tongue

U no see how many comments don drop?grin
i will soon stop dis weed of a tin

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2017
generalbush:
He is a good addition to the team...

Unlike others assholes who felt they had a chance with the 3-Lions.
people like Tammy Abraham and solanke which watch 2018 world cup at home on their TV set and start saying we could have joined iwobi and aina Rohr is so simple it is not too late to change from England to Nigeria...hoping to see Osayi Samuel Sammy Ameobi and Fikayo Tomori Join the squad too
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by yankison(m): 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
but if u also lose a die minute penalty or a clear chance u may not be called again grin

Funny
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Ejomax77(m): 9:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
Denizsmart:
One thing I like about this guy is his lethargic finishing especially when he is inside the 18 yard box
He ain't that lethal! he still needs to work on his finishing skills.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Ejomax77(m): 9:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
SmartyPants:

Iwobi would have played for England for sure. Quit that rubbish negative attitude!

The boy is a top player for arsenal. What does that tell you? Is there any top Arsenal player that does not feature regularly for his national team??
Bros forget it! iwobi wouldn't feature much... I doubt he'll get up to 20 caps if he were to rep england.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Ejomax77(m): 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
manneger2:

Bros with iWobi present age and form he won't make England form, forget that he score 2 goals yesterday, iwobi is not average player, he is below average, he need to improve otherwise nigeria will drop him too
Lol... do you even know who alex iwobi is?
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Soso990240(m): 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
manneger2:

below average and playing for Arsenal? dont u know d meaning of d word "average"?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by ashjay001(m): 10:22pm On Nov 15, 2017
Richardabbey:
i will soon stop dis weed of a tin

gringringrin
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by stilldoingokay(f): 10:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
seriously Nairalanders, where is osaze it has been long I head of him or see him
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by sedek4569: 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2017
he is a key palyer for arsenal now, God bless him.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by victorazyvictor(m): 11:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
generalbush:
He is a good addition to the team...
Unlike others assholes who felt they had a chance with the 3-Lions.
Ogbonna, Agbolaha, Alaba are bastardss
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2017
Yemifashanu:
comes with both front/back camera which records simultaneously while driving. Also comes with OFFLINE navigation map which you don't need internet, comes with car monitoring app to monitor your car from anywhere, Bluetooth CALLS, video and audio support etc.

What does it cost to own one? I'm interested in buying one if the price is right.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
victorazyvictor:

Ogbonna, Agbolaha, Alaba are bastardss

You are wrong! Alaba loves Nigeria. He wanted to play for Nigeria but the then NFA frustrated that move. When his club,Bayern won the champion league,he demonstrated his love for Nigeria by flying Nigeria's flag. He even wrapped it around his body. Alaba loves Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
Honestly he stands a better chance of winning trophies at the national level with Nigeria..because neither England nor Nigeria are ever going to win the world cup but at least Nigeria has a better chance of winning the AFCON than England have of winning Euros.

4 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Consultdenoni(m): 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
Good job boy.... More of that...
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:03am On Nov 16, 2017
Yes Iwobi is a good footballer, he would not have gotten into the Super Eagles team without the influence (long leg) of his uncle Jay-Jay...
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by BudeYahooCom: 12:31am On Nov 16, 2017
manneger2:

^^^This one na one of those weed-smoking agberoes wey dey argue football for under oshodi bridge. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by kabaka1: 12:55am On Nov 16, 2017
nairavsdollars:
The best he can get in England national team is bench

so u think England national team is stronger than the super eagles?
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by degamemaster(m): 1:03am On Nov 16, 2017
AnodaIT:
This guy no sabi Nigeria
Make him just kick over for 89 mins when Nigeria need one goal, him go sabi say Nigeria curse no be generational, na ancestry.
Dem go start from him grandpapa uncle wife begin the curse
My gut you're right, I think we Nigerians are experts in approbation and reprobation. We too get wahala honestly.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Kc3000: 2:07am On Nov 16, 2017
Denizsmart:
One thing I like about this guy is his lethargic finishing especially when he is inside the 18 yard box

Bros I don't think you know the meaning of 'lethargic'. You just insulted the guy.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by donb06: 3:24am On Nov 16, 2017
even messi dem dey taunt if e F. UP
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Welcomme: 4:32am On Nov 16, 2017
jstar376:
Can't wait the day Dele Ali of Tottenham will join super eagle
Stop dreaming and wake up.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by Mrnairalandd: 4:36am On Nov 16, 2017
AnodaIT:
This guy no sabi Nigeria
Make him just kick over for 89 mins when Nigeria need one goal, him go sabi say Nigeria curse no be generational, na ancestry.
Dem go start from him grandpapa uncle wife begin the curse

England is worse when it comes to that

2 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by victorazyvictor(m): 4:47am On Nov 16, 2017
OROSUNBOLB:

You are wrong! Alaba loves Nigeria. He wanted to play for Nigeria but the then NFA frustrated that move. When his club,Bayern won the champion league,he demonstrated his love for Nigeria by flying Nigeria's flag. He even wrapped it around his body. Alaba loves Nigeria.

Oh, OK. forgive my ignorance. I never knw this. thanks for enlightening me.

"Forgive me Alaba"

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by iluvpomo(m): 6:29am On Nov 16, 2017
That’s why I went to the U23s and somehow felt more welcome, and I thought it’s where I belong
Re: Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" by emperorchedda(m): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2017
cstr1000:

na today you know say many Nigerians no sabi anything?
Many of them make controversial statements to show '' I sabi football'' mentality.
Who in England midfield is Iwobi not better than? The English are still saddened by his lose.
Iwobi is a winger, where do you think he will survive in a wing containing Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford (who can also be a ruthless winger, same with Daniel Sturridge), Oxlade Chamberlain even benched Iwobi in Arsenal. The best he will do is make the bench. A player like Lingaard who is on the same level with Iwobi only manages the bench
Sorry, it's you that know nothing about football not that fellow. You people just say shiit with Nationality sentiment

If Tammy Abraham today, switches allegiance to Nigeria it's only because he couldn't make the England squad, same thing Victor Moses did, Ola Aina did and Shola Ameobi

Mind you, England national team never called him up, so he's wrong to use the word snub

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't / What Are T'he Major Codes For Bet9ja And The Likes! / Chelsea Replies FC Barcelona In Twitter War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.