Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,116 members, 7,807,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship (12065 Views)

Lady Slaps Her Boyfriend, Ruins Marriage Proposal (Photos, Video) / Your Ex -lover Should Never Be Your Friend After Break Up, It Ruins Relationship / Learn From Me, Masturbation Ruins Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by wristbangle: 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2017
It is an undeniable truth that women have faced countless brutal forms of marital and institutionalised discrimination since time immemorial and in all sorts of cultural settings such as inability to vote, deprivation from access to education, employment, pursuing of career, etc. Feminism has been singularly responsible for redressing these deep sexist social injustice. All these are good moves right? Yes I think.

Now let's turn to the outlandish, nonsensical, awkward and troubling Ideologies of Nigerian ladies towards feminism and how they've flipped the switch and morphed it into an entirely different game which has ruined many relationships and perhaps, marriages of today.

Recently, what we see now are bunch of hurt, paranoid, depressed, frustrated, disrespectful, loud-mouth, fault-finders, pompous, anti-male and heart broken ladies hiding under the wimp of feminism who are always fond of calling names, hurling insults and accusations at those they disagree with.

It's a pity that many ladies now see "submissiveness" as as a form of "slavery". They see it as a form of slavery for a woman to remain loyal, faithful and humble to her man. They see it as a form of slavery for a woman to tidy the house, wash her husband's clothes or cook delicious delicacies for him because to them, men do not worth doing these things for.

What we see now are ladies who do not want to go through the stress of their "motherhood" and if we look closely, we will see that all these contribute to the high rate of divorce we have today

Many of our ladies who parade themselves as feminists have something in common which is their "egoistic attitude", and if by chance they happen to fall in the hands of a man, the man's interest in them will rapidly dwindle the moment he begins to notice their bossy and other repulsive attitudes.

To be very frank, any lady who doesn't want to submit herself to her husband is nothing but a clown and should not bother to get married since marriage is not for her. It will do her a lot of good to remain unmarried and live her life the way she wants without the restriction and validation of any man rather than to marry and get kicked out.

The issue on ground now is that you see these ladies talking about the worthlessness of men and how they can't do this, how they can't do that for a man. They are not married yet but already talking about how they will frustrate their mother-in-law if she crosses their paths. Why? Because they have no idea of the sacrifices "women" make to keep their homes in peace and order.

The most surprising thing is that when you ask them what feminism truly stands for, they will begin to tell you about how they want to assume a position which they are not even qualified for; how they want to get admission into Unilag or OAU with just 65 in JAMB. They talk about they are being marginalized and all that. Marginalised by who? They will start blabbing.

Tosyne2much and Wristbangle do not condemn the idea of feminism but what it has become and how it has been running many relationships and marriages. As a matter of fact, the major disadvantage of having the same privileges with men is that most of these ladies tend to misbehave, ridicule and ride on men when they find themselves in position of power. This is when they automatically become the head of the family the moment they have more earning power. This is when the little humility they have is thrown to the wind and their husbands opinion no longer counts. This is when they want their opinions to always count while they pick loopholes in that of others.

The most painful part is that the majority of these acclaimed feminists are usually single but you will always see them advocating divorce and giving bad relationship advice to women by discouraging them from staying loyal, submissive and faithful to their partner men.

Finally, you might reasonably argue that modern women deserve equality but before you throw yourself into a relationship and get kicked out, a word of caution. Note that being a feminist has never helped any marriage or relationship but will most likely ruin it. You can't rob shoulders with your boyfriend or except your husband not to exercise authority over you and expect something good to come out of such a union.

Although the husband is head of the home, but he is not superior to his wife. The wife submits to his final word but that doesn't mean she is inferior to her husband. They are equal. .

Argue from now till tomorrow but it will never change the fact that nature has positioned men to have dominance over women. Women are not dominant over men. In all reality, there are still gaps in these two gender and this is where these get it wrong.

Let she who have ears hear.

Thank you

Jointly written by: Prof. Tosyne2much and Wristbangle

Cc: Lalasticlala

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by tosyne2much(m): 5:40pm On Nov 15, 2017
cool
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by JamesReacher(m): 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ok Ok Ok.

Where the educated ones get it all wrong is trying to bring feminism in the home. This is a recipe for disaster because feminism only sweets the mouth in the outside world, conventions, corporate field, Girl power gathering, a theme in a novel, movies etc. The moment any educated lady bring the idiosyncrasy inside the home, she's a lost cause. You know why? Because love is not meant to be analysed and dissected like a business contract, technically its a contract in terms of your certificate but when it comes to responsibilities pls don't say 50 50, don't start drawing up legal ideas, 'I alone paid the children's school fees this term'. So what? If there's love and it's sufficient all these won't matter. A mother can work like a slave for the house, she can act like an housemaid sef she carries out her responsibility out of pure love, don't u guys remember when your mum acted like a fool sometimes for the family during turbulent times? Look at the reward now, I know it could be detrimental but that's not how every family stories eventually moulded up to be . A feminist might have problem with this because of false ego of self, social status, calm down my dear. The moment those responsibilities are dissected, there's a problem.

I have problems with the mentality of most Nigerian girls I won't lie because in all honesty, the ones who want marriages are the ones who want it more even than the male counterpart, they dream of an elaborate white wedding and a big shiny rock on their hands but won't withstand the turbulences of marriage. How farrrr na

But Men, we sef no dey try at times oo, we dey Bleep up scatter!! you guys should be a better lover, respect your wife, love her right and be a good husband. We are here for each other. If you know you are prone to anger easily, domestic violence, cheating etc. See a therapist now o. Don't destroy your marriage with that and start opening thread ' a nairalander needs advice...' I won't be online to answer u lol

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by henrylowe(m): 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
Who wan even carry feminist put for house?

My mama no display feminism with my papa so why I go open my eyes marry one nonsense ladies with over bloated ego

5 Likes

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by shaybebaby(f): 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2017
Yawn!! What a load of waffle.

2 Likes

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by concupiscent: 5:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
"nature placed man at a position of authority, with it comes great challenges,therein comes the woman to help and counsel him. Submission is not slavery or a burden you just have to know your place, carry and perfect your obligations with love. Men you have to see women as the treasure they truly are, respect love and protect her. Always seek her opinions and thank her for them even when you don't support. Do these and the society would be a better place for all"

-concupiscent

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by madridguy(m): 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by henrylowe(m): 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
This is one of the best article I have read this week. I just hope Lalasticlala will push this to the front page.

That was how I meet a lady I was actually considering to date until she started telling me I can't do this for a guy, I can't do that. Always wanting to give me orders. I just had to back out to save myself from unnecessary drama

5 Likes

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Blackhawk01: 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
Not again! Yadayadayada...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by xendra: 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
more men should be taught how to lead right and you'll soon find that most women have no problem submitting.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
tosyne2much:
cool

wink I knew i'l catch you here Tosin
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by tosyne2much(m): 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
KreativGenius:

wink I knew i'l catch you here Tosin
[i] What's your opinion on the subject matter cheesy I cool
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by xendra: 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
concupiscent:
"nature placed man at a position of authority, with it comes great challenges,therein comes the woman to help and counsel him. Submission is not slavery or a burden you just have to know your place, carry and perfect your obligations with love. Men you have to see women as the treasure they truly are, respect love and protect her. Always seek her opinions and thank her for them even when you don't support. Do these and the society would be a better place for all"

-concupiscent
gbam!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
wristbangle:

This cracked me up oP. You no well

The most surprising thing is that when you ask them what feminism truly stands for, they will begin to tell you about how they want to assume a position which they are not even qualified for; how they want to get admission into Unilag or OAU with just 65 in JAMB
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
tosyne2much:

My opinio. I'll check in 45minutes
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by pocohantas(f): 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
Although the husband is head of the home, but he is not superior to his wife. The wife submits to his final word but that doesn't mean she is not inferior to her husband. They are equal. .

Paradox!!! Why would you marry a full grown human, with a functional brain and expect her to always submit to your final words?

I agree to a man being the head of the home, but dominating is too strong a word. I'm all for mutual respect wink Everybody should marry his or her kinda partner, life would be easier.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by wristbangle: 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
concupiscent:

-concupiscent

You nailed it well bro. I totally agree with your comment.

Permit me to digress a little bit, the mentioned words "protect & respect" in your comment has been miscalculated by some ladies who perceive guys with such traits as a weakling.

2 Likes

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
tosyne2much:

Here's your reply :

I could have preferred if the write up was broken down so it would make it more readable.

So many ideas were not conveyed explicitly, but we need to appreciate deal breakers, whether in business or relationships.

By this i mean factors that would impede success in these alliances. If some of these factors are imbibed in the belief systems of our practices, then we need to do careful evaluation and make necessary corrections. This means some of the systems we imbibe and want to use in the running of our lives may not be without flaws, they need to be carefully examined and flaws have to be identified, if more damage is done by a belief system than good, then it's a faulty logic. I'll stop here !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by makydebbie(f): 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2017
Blackhawk01:
Not again! Yadayadayada...
Chai this my sister is now a feminist. grin

1 Like

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Blackhawk01: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
concupiscent:

-concupiscent

Your Mama born you... kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hahaha. Ayam not understanding. grin
Jenifer Lopez

"AIN'T YOUR MAMA"

I ain't gon' be cooking all day, I ain't your mama
I ain't gon' do your laundry, I ain't your mama
I ain't your mama, boy, I ain't your mama
When you're gon' get your act together?
I ain't your mama
No ooooh, I ain't your mama
No ooooh, I ain't your mama, no

You see, the thing is, there are men who believe it is their wife's duty and role, BY VIRTUE OF HER GENDER, to tidy the house, wash their clothes, and cook delicious delicacies for them. And there are women who agree with this. They're many. Both men and women in this category believe that it is what the women MUST do!

There are others, male and female, who believe that it's a matter of CHOICE and what the couples agree upon, and all preconceptions about fixed and traditional gender roles should be consigned into the dustbin. Anyone can tidy the house, any one can wash, any one can cook---it depends on who is free, and who has the strength, or who wants to, at that time, or whatever.

Can you wash your wife's clothes, tidy the house, and cook? Do you consider these your DUTIES as much as hers? If not, you belong to category one. Look for a lady who is your kind of person, and marry her. Simple.

If you believe that no one should be solely responsible for these chores, that it's your COLLECTIVE duty, that belonging to a particular gender doesn't automatically make them someone's MANDATORY responsibilities, then you belong to category two. Look for your kind of person, and marry her. You won't have problems.

Then realize that the men who belong to the first category have no right to call the ladies in category 2 witches, arrogant whöres, clowns, or any other rubbish.

And the men in category 2 have no right to call the ladies in the other category fools, idiots, or imbèciles.

I think this should solve it. undecided

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by concupiscent: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2017
wristbangle:

You nailed it well bro. I totally agree with your comment.

Permit me to digress a little bit, you see the about the words "protect & respect" eh, it's a pity some ladies perceive guys has been a weakling if they exhibit such attitudes. They want them tough.

"Tough, so he can step in a ring and fight like Anthony Joshua? any woman who thinks like that has got some growing up to do. Matured ladies will always be eternally grateful for a man who seeks her opinions and ideas on issues, it makes them feel important and relevant"

-concupiscent

3 Likes

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2017
grin
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Blackhawk01: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2017
makydebbie:
Chai this my sister is now a feminist. grin

Ehn! shocked shocked

You and who? You don't want me to open pre-wedding pinshure thread nii? shocked

1 Like

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by concupiscent: 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Your Mama born you... kiss kiss

"Thank you. wish I could grab those kisses you're throwing in reality though"

- concupiscent
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by wristbangle: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
KreativGenius:

This cracked me up oP. You no well

The most surprising thing is that when you ask them what feminism truly stands for, they will begin to tell you about how they want to assume a position which they are not even qualified for; how they want to get admission into Unilag or OAU with just 65 in JAMB

cheesy cheesy

To be honest bro just do a review on some feminists here, you will be shocked about their level of intelligence which is almost non existing.
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
An average western lady is independent- she can claim to be a feminist.
An average African lady is dependent on some man- it baffles me how you will want to claim equal right with someone you depend on for almost everything.
I call many African "feminist" wannabees confused. Self discovery is the best discover of man kind. Know yourself and the environment you have found yourself, it will help you in fulfilling life!

7 Likes

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by tosyne2much(m): 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2017
majekdom2:
An average African lady is dependent on some man- it baffles me how you will want to claim equal right with someone you depend on for almost everything.
I call many African "feminist" wannabees confused. Self discovery is the best discover of man kind. Know yourself and the environment you have found yourself, it will help you in fulfilling life!
May God bless you for this comment. The who idea of feminism in this part of the world is bullcrap

It's beginning to become more of nuisance
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by pocohantas(f): 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2017
majekdom2:

So, once a man is dependent on his wife for almost everything. She automatically has more right? Nobody will come to shout how women abuse power? We're learning o...
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Blackhawk01: 6:29pm On Nov 15, 2017
concupiscent:

"Thank you. wish I could grab those kisses you're throwing in reality though"

- concupiscent

Hahahaha grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Real men deserve such and more. kiss kiss kiss It's amusing when people that aren't done fixing themselves want to start fixing others. Nairaland ehn, chaiiii!

About getting dem kisses in reality? Get your arse to the beach party. wink kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by makydebbie(f): 6:29pm On Nov 15, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Ehn! shocked shocked

You and who? You don't want me to open pre-wedding pinshure thread nii? shocked
Pls guys she's not a feminist, she's a wife material. lipsrsealed
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 15, 2017
Does this shït ever end?? First it was virginity then broke guys and now this...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men Only: Penis Size And Choosing A Wife. / Video Of Young Lady Pumping Up Her Small Breast In A Lab Goes Viral | Watch / Are You Faithful In Your Current Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.