Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,051 members, 7,807,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide - Education (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide (333781 Views)

Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) 2018/2019 Admission / Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Deckline(m): 7:23am On Jan 22, 2018
midehill:

u c but dey gve u admission ryt
Philosophy. stupid course.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Chixco95(m): 9:38am On Jan 22, 2018
Any UI Student Here Please I Need Help
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by cutegentility(m): 10:58am On Jan 22, 2018
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Dohyn3(f): 6:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
cutegentility:
I mean I can deduce from this thread that lasu only admit indigene but I am not. Pls ur suggestion will really go a long way in choosing my choice of institution

I am going to be very honest with you.

Yes, LASU admit indigenes more (because, its a state school)

but, that doesn't mean it doesn't accept non indigenes... the way people are trying to paint it.

I would just advise that as a non indigene, you have a very good aggregate (depending on the course you chose) don't let anybody's opinion defer you from doing what you want to do. Even Federal schools are also biased.

My advise would be, just go along with your heart, and in the end, it would all end in praise.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Deckline(m): 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
Dohyn3:

I am going to be very honest with you.

Yes, LASU admit indigenes more (because, its a state school)

but, that doesn't mean it doesn't accept non indigenes... the way people are trying to paint it.

I would just advise that as a non indigene, you have a very good aggregate (depending on the course you chose) don't let anybody's opinion defer you from doing what you want to do. Even Federal schools are also biased.

My advise would be, just go along with your heart, and in the end, it would all end in praise.
My dear,look,i'm not trying to discourage anyone from picking a particular school. BUT, i would still advice him not to pick LASU if he is not an indegene and if his course is competitive.. I hate saying this,but i have been a victim of "Not getting admitted" cause i was not an indegene.
So when it comes to universities like LASU,AAU etc. It still won't matter if you beat the cut off mark. If they won't take you,they still WON'T.
#ADVICE.

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by cutegentility(m): 7:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by sholahokif: 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2018
cutegentility:
Boss pls what about 6credit pass in neco. I go for electronics and computer engineering
All the best...
Prepare for your utme well...

6credits, credit is required in your five core subjects.
Just prepare well for your utme.
Wish u best of luck
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by cutegentility(m): 9:22pm On Jan 22, 2018
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Dohyn3(f): 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
Deckline:

My dear,look,i'm not trying to discourage anyone from picking a particular school. BUT, i would still advice him not to pick LASU if he is not an indegene and if his course is competitive.. I hate saying this,but i have been a victim of "Not getting admitted" cause i was not an indegene.
So when it comes to universities like LASU,AAU etc. It still won't matter if you beat the cut off mark. If they won't take you,they still WON'T.
#ADVICE.

But, what if he gets admitted?
did you think of this too? What about the thousands of non indigene students in LASU, would they have gotten in there if they also had the same mindset you're trying to make people believe.?

See, I understand where you are coming from, and I totally respect your opinion. but, we should also try and look at things from another perspective. A little optimism wouldn't hurt.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Deckline(m): 12:06am On Jan 23, 2018
Dohyn3:

But, what if he gets admitted?
did you think of this too? What about the thousands of non indigene students in LASU, would they have gotten in there if they also had the same mindset you're trying to make people believe.?

See, I understand where you are coming from, and I totally respect your opinion. but, we should also try and look at things from another perspective. A little optimism wouldn't hurt.
But what if after getting the cut off mark,he still wasn't admitted or he has course changed to a nightmare(useless course)?? WHY?? simply because he's not an indegene. Nothing is more painful than that. But you are right,it doesn't happen to everybody. The question is, IS HE WILLING TO RISK IT? Why pick LASU when your own state university is active and also offers your course of study??
Its still his decision to make. Lets not take chances. Let us learn from those who got stories to tell. Don't risk it. I'm saying my mind. He can take or leave it.

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by olanreyman(m): 12:35pm On Jan 23, 2018
Pls is 2018/2019 direct entry form out? Still doing my IT pls I need fast response
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by LilWax(m): 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2018
please someone should help me, can I register Jamb with awaiting results?
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Barbieadol: 4:21pm On Jan 23, 2018
olanreyman:
Pls is 2018/2019 direct entry form out? Still doing my IT pls I need fast response
it is out ooo... people have been registering
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by olanreyman(m): 5:06pm On Jan 23, 2018
Barbieadol:
it is out ooo... people have been registering
Chai let me quickly go and register... So it means this year's direct entry admission will not stay up to September this year atleast?
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by sirgalahad26(m): 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2018
pls advice is needed urgently, a friend of mine is confused in choosing food technology or food science. i need enlightenment on both courses!
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2018
sirgalahad26:
pls advice is needed urgently, a friend of mine is confused in choosing food technology or food science. i need enlightenment on both courses!
my brother,google is your friend,there u'll get an elaborate info about both
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Chisun101: 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2018
psalmhorah:
ui mechanical engineering aspirant...
Yh..we are surely getting there
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Oluwainnie(f): 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2018
hello, any idea of any school of nursing form currently on sale
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Barbieadol: 1:28am On Jan 24, 2018
olanreyman:

Chai let me quickly go and register... So it means this year's direct entry admission will not stay up to September this year atleast?
I really don't know, it depends on the school. DE registration closing Feb 6 tho
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Collinz2(m): 1:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
When will jamb form expire?
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Deckline(m): 6:05pm On Jan 24, 2018
Collinz2:
When will jamb form expire?
google this thing na
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by ceyrahtlk(f): 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hi! Will the UTME combination of Lit-in-Eng, Govt and Econs work for CLA at UI? The brochure says 3 arts or 3 social science subjects. Thanks
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by MrHistorian: 8:55pm On Jan 24, 2018
ceyrahtlk:
Hi! Will the UTME combination of Lit-in-Eng, Govt and Econs work for CLA at UI? The brochure says 3 arts or 3 social science subjects. Thanks
You are super good to go.

You need to work towards a very high UTME score as it will account for 50% of your total aggregate that will determine your admission chances.

Also note that after Law in the Arts,CLA follows when it comes to bulky number of aspirants.So,it's a do-or-die race.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by MrHistorian: 8:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
Chixco95:
Any UI Student Here
Please I Need Help
What exactly do you need help on?

Your initial question. . . .Yes,I am.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by MrHistorian: 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
Deckline:

Philosophy. stupid course.
Hope you don't mind if I advise you? grin
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by ceyrahtlk(f): 9:07pm On Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for your response.
MrHistorian:

You are super good to go.

You need to work towards a very high UTME score as it will account for 50% of your total aggregate that will determine your admission chances.

Also note that after Law in the Arts,CLA follows when it comes to bulky number of aspirants.So,it's a do-or-die race.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by MrHistorian: 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2018
Luc97:
Good evening house..... I have a WAEC result and a National Diploma in Petroleum Engineering but I want to switch to an art related course.... Is it possible without having to write WAEC again.. Please help..
I don't know the reason why you intend to switch to an Art related course but I think it's not a thoughtful idea considering that the Sciences are more open to employment opportunities compare to their Arts counterparts.

But hey!. . .If you insist,you might need to re-sit for Literature as most of Arts related courses will need atleast a credit pass in it and might accept other subjects from Sciences/Social sciences.

To study Philosophy in UI,you might not need to re-sit though because they don't mandate any Arts subject as a prerequisite.

Really,It all depends on your choice of institution and intending course.

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Deckline(m): 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2018
MrHistorian:
Hope you don't mind if I advise you? grin
Please,do.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by MrHistorian: 10:05pm On Jan 24, 2018
Deckline:

Please,do.
From your previous posts,I deduce you intend to study Law but you were offered Philosophy(for reasons best known to them) even after beating the cut off mark for Law.

I will implore you at this moment(if it's not too late) to wholeheartedly embrace the course you are offered,go for your clearances and start receiving lectures.On the otherhand,you can take this 2018 UTME for your desired course during your 1st year in school,So if you eventually get admitted for Law this year,you jettison your present programme of Philosophy.

And If unfortunately you still don't get the course(Law) you wanted,you won't lose on both sides as this type of situation is often very regrettable.

Note that more candidates will sit for UTME this year again,which means tougher competition.

Take your steps carefully,bruh.I have said my own.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Deckline(m): 10:11pm On Jan 24, 2018
MrHistorian:

From your previous posts,I deduce you intend to study Law but you were offered Philosophy(for reasons best known to them) even after beating the cut off mark for Law.

I will implore you at this moment(if it's not too late) to wholeheartedly embrace the course you are offered,go for your clearances and start receiving lectures.On the otherhand,you can take this 2018 UTME for your desired course during your 1st year in school,So if you eventually get admitted for Law this year,you jettison your present programme of Philosophy.

And If unfortunately you still don't get the course(Law) you wanted,you won't lose on both sides as this type of situation is often very regrettable.

Note that more candidates will sit for UTME this year again,which means tougher competition.

Take your steps carefully,bruh.I have said my own.
Lol... Thank you for the advice.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Xanarchy: 12:05am On Jan 25, 2018
Deckline:

Still a no no
Can he use the gce result only

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (157) (Reply)

2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China / [Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.