Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! (2914 Views)

Failure To Register BVN Leads Police To Woman's Secret Grave A Year After. / Nigerian Man Gets Life In Jail For Murder In UK (photo) / Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by wales(m): 9:39am On Mar 23, 2010
The Nigeria Police says the 164 people arrested during last month’s sectarian crisis in Jos, may be charged to court later this week. According to the police, 41 of the suspects will be charged with murder.

Police spokesperson, Emmanuel Ojukwu, confirmed that all the 164 suspects arrested during the crisis are still in police custody. According to Mr. Ojukwu, “164 were arrested and interrogated, 41 will be charged for murder and terrorism.” He also said 151 suspects will be charged with multiple offences that include unlawful possession of firearms, arson, and rioting.

According to him, in accordance with the law, the prosecution of the suspects will be handled expeditiously by the office of the Attorney General of the Federation.

Last month’s killings occurred less than two months after hundreds of Muslims were killed in the village of Kuru Karama. The latest killings that occurred in Dogon Nahowa village, also leading to the death of hundreds of people, are believed to be reprisal attacks for the January killings.

In the last ten years, sectarian killings have occurred with frightening regularity in Plateau State, leading to a vicious cycle of killings and counter killings.

Many have blamed politicians for the violence that stalks a state that was once the epitome of peaceful inter-faith and inter-tribal living.

Mr. Ojukwu said the Nigeria Police is doing everything to ensure that the violence does not reoccur. He further said: “The Police High Command has sent a Police Assistant Inspector General to Jos to maintain order, make sure that there are no recurrence of such, and take charge; and we are ready to mobilise in case there is any eventuality.”

However, there is a lack of confidence in the ability of the police to provide a permanent solution to the problem. On March 17, ten days after the Dogon Nahowa killings, another 12 people were killed in Byei village in Riyom local government area of Plateau State. Fulani herdsmen are alleged to be responsible.

Link:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5544559-146/police_to_charge_41_for_murder.csp

Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by ebonysmoot(f): 11:59am On Mar 23, 2010
lock all those bastards involved in a small dark room,give each a sword to fight and kill one another until one survives,and that survivor should be made to eat all the blockos of the dead animals(extremists?).This is my wish if allowed my judgement on them. angry
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2010
I hope they get the death penalty . . if that still exists!
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2010
good for them.
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by GeorgeD1(m): 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2010
after all this public show, what next? na today we don dey see all this parade?
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by EmmaSun1(m): 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2010
The problem is that, are they really sure that these guys are the real people that did it, if really that they are the ones
My own judgment is that they should eat theirselves raw the remaining person will be sent to the zoo to be eaten by a lion
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by Fhemmmy: 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2010
I am sorry to say i have my reservation on this nonsense . . . .do those hungry dudes looks like they cld have killed 500 people? i think this is a case of arrest some homeless and they will all shut up . . ,
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by jumobi1(m): 8:10pm On Mar 23, 2010
Look at that stupid Barca fan in the pic,
Messi would be disappointed.
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by Fhemmmy: 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2010
I dont blv these people has anything to do with it
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by xterra2(m): 8:14pm On Mar 23, 2010
See the pictures abeg see them Mutherfuckers,homos,idiots useless bastards-i dont know what to call them , stupid,maggots
Them Muthafuckers should be sentenced to death
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by Fhemmmy: 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2010
xterra2:

See the pictures abeg see them Mutherfuckers,homos,idiots useless bastards-i dont know what to call them , silly,maggots
Them Muthafuckers should be sentenced to death

So y'all blv they have the right people?
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by aktunde(m): 10:45pm On Mar 23, 2010
I do not doubt that the last for people by the right could be the right people. Look at their faces and bears naa. That is how religious terrorists look like. For the rest, I'm not too sure. Some of them could have been caught for being in the wrong place, which does't mean they are involved in the killing. Sometimes, the innocents pay for the atrocities caused by the evil ones. Just pray never to a a sacrificial lamb for anyone's offence.
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by kosovo(m): 10:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
Moved 2 Crime
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by CGKing(m): 12:48am On Mar 24, 2010
Ok ok ok, now they have them all in one room, quickly pour petrol and light matches. Why are they wasting time?
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by CGKing(m): 12:51am On Mar 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I am sorry to say i have my reservation on this nonsense . . . .do those hungry dudes looks like they cld have killed 500 people? i think this is a case of arrest some homeless and they will all shut up . . ,

Wetin you dey talk? The hungry guys are the ones are the violent arm of corruption. Na dem kill dem.
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by GeorgeD1(m): 9:37am On Mar 24, 2010
CGKing:

Wetin you dey talk? The hungry guys are the ones are the violent arm of corruption. Na dem kill dem.

Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by alldone(m): 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2010
i hope these are the people. if they are then they should pick up their sponsors. if you dont see any sponsor then that is not true maybe innocent citizens. police cant be trusted.
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by ladyju(f): 10:33pm On Mar 24, 2010
Are they sure these are the people that killed them cos i din't see anybody that look like fulani there.
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by Tcrack(m): 4:49am On Mar 25, 2010
jumobi1:

Look at that silly Barca fan in the pic,
Messi would be disappointed.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 25, 2010
Look at those shameful useless men. Killing innocent children and unaware mothers.
Awon oloriburuku oshi. . . . heartless hungry looking bodies.
Koni da fun gbogbo wan, se ni won ma jo shinshin ninu ina.
Hisss, , , , like seriously, look at them. Looking like they couldnt have used their blades on their cows if they were that hungry.
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by GeorgeD1(m): 9:58am On Mar 25, 2010
the guilty always hide under the facade of an innocent look angry
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by donkarly(m): 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I dont blv these people has anything to do with it
i second ur qoute.who doesn't know nigeria police.the real culprits are never caught(even though they know them),but innocent ones who know nothing about the crime.
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by GeorgeD1(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2010
my problem with all these public show is that at the end nothing concrete comes out of it.
Re: Police To Charge 41 For Murder Over Jos Crisis ! by bizking24(m): 6:22am On Mar 26, 2010
Hard to believe these people could murder innocent women and children in cold blood.
Just look at the pictures of their victims. Warning!!! The pics are horrible

(1) (Reply)

How Oba Samuel Atewogboye II Was Sentenced To Death For Killing A Baby In 1944 / Family Of Three Died After Eating Rice In Uyo (Graphic Photos) / Brave UNN Student Finds Deadly Black Forest Cobra In His Room, Kills It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.