Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,447 members, 7,781,296 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:58 AM

Six Misconceptions About Slay Queens - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Six Misconceptions About Slay Queens (562 Views)

Nigerian Identical Twin Grandmas Slay In Matching Outfits (Photos) / Justin McClure & Wife, Ami Dunni McClure & Their 3 Kids Slay In Matching Outfit / Slay Queen Poses On Her Mother’s Coffin In Her Grave During Burial In Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Six Misconceptions About Slay Queens by donshaddow(m): 9:42am On Nov 16, 2017
We all know who the slay queens are. They are the ones with the fab lives that they always splash on the internet. They always look glam and you can never catch them not killing it.

It is easy to see them from afar and come to certain conclusions about them. This category of people has been stereotyped and here are some of the unfair assumptions.

1. They are vain
Their pictures show the good life so others assume they are materialistic. That you can’t afford it does not mean someone else can’t. If it makes me more efficient then I should buy it.
2. They are dull
For a long time, our society has associated beauty with being slow upstairs. Who says I can’t kill it both on the red carpet and in the boardroom/classroom?
3. They are slutty
That you see a picture in which she is chilling with lots of friends does not automatically translate into being a LovePeddler so take a chill pill, people.
4. They are jobless
Seeing a picture of a lady chilling does not mean that is all she ever does. Those who work hard may also decide to play hard.
5. They are fake
Movies like ‘Jenifa’ has made us assume that any lady living large is either borrowing for the cameras or is an ‘aristo’ but what you see online might be what you really get.
6. They are all same
I don’t deny the fact that some of them may be vain, dull, truly slutty, jobless and fake but can’t we all give people the benefit of the doubt? Some slay queens just love to enjoy life but that does not make them bad.
Don’t be judgmental. Don’t use few to generalize over a whole bunch.

Where's lalasticlala when you need him the most?

Re: Six Misconceptions About Slay Queens by dalaman: 11:38am On Nov 16, 2017
Slay queens? They add their own spice to life.

(1) (Reply)

Between The Traditional And White Wedding Dates Which Should Be The Anniversary / Hunger!!:how My Neighbours Children Cooked Unwashed Bitter Leaf / 5 Main Signs To Know If One Is Madly In Love With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.