Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. (6346 Views)

Reinhard Bonnke: "We Don’t Collect Offering At Our Crusades" / Reinhard Bonnke's 2017 Crusade Farewell In Lagos, Nigeria (Pictures - Day 1) / Reinhard Bonnke Arrives In Nigeria For The Farewell Crusade In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by Gboyee4fun(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2017
Seun:
Focusing on souls that can be converted into tithe-paying members of Deeper Life church will bring in more money on the long run. Smart.

This is disheartened and painful but you know what, God Almighty will reward you in the best way cry cry

1 Like

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by hahn(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Really? Your Jesus has not been back since. Three nails and that was it. HE only Lives in your head. Satan won. Look around you. wink

I am soooo stealing this! grin

1 Like

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 16, 2017
I commend the deeper life church but it so sad that churches these days don't care about souls which suppose to be our consign not material things.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2017
joe4christ2008:

God will surely reward all that gave their all for this crusade. We all should ensure these souls are not lost.

Amen!
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by Seun(m): 3:12pm On Nov 17, 2017
sapientia:
You just accused Kumuyi falsely of allowing Deeper life members to contribute because he is after the money that people who cant pay tfare will bring.
I just wanted people to be aware that soul-winning benefits churches by increasing their recurring income. It's not an entirely sacrificial act.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OliveCynosure(f): 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2017
Seun:

I just wanted people to be aware that soul-winning benefits churches by increasing their recurring income. It's not an entirely sacrificial act.
Wait, are you an atheist?
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by sapientia(m): 5:20pm On Nov 17, 2017
Seun:

Thats your distorted view premised on your hate for christianity. There has never been any evidence to this.

Hearing this evil view for the first time. Christians help people always regardless of religion.

You have no right to claim that there are hidden motives to it until you have evidence.

Still calling you out on same reason you dont believe the Holy Bible is true..

This same christianity have been sacrificing for centuries now.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by enshy: 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2017
Seun:

You are myopic sir.
I mean you couldn't even see beyond your nose and popular knowledge.
Soul winning benefits first the object - the convertee cos he has eternity in view
second the subject - the converter cos he has eternal rewards
Evidently then, church growth is just a right consequence with responsibility to ensure that the convertees are nurtured and brought up according to sound doctrine and godly principles. Tithe and Offering is an evidence of a vibrant and sacrificial Christian Life. If God gave His Son, Christ gave His Life, we reciprocate by giving our ALL. Money is just one of the things we give: We give our time, talent, strength, Life, goals, ambitions, desires.
Seun, you can be an IT guru or one of the brightest and richest young entrepreneurs, I make it bold to say that you are spiritually empty and be sure that a life without Christ will end empty and damned for all eternity!

Come Lord Jesus, Come!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by enshy: 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2017
OliveCynosure:

Wait, are you an atheist?
Seun is a God Hater but God's Children are not deterred.
He isn't our mentor, Christ is!

1 Like

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I hope all the anti-tithers are taking note. undecided

Con men.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 17, 2017
God bless the deeper life bible church.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by UnchangeableGod: 10:37pm On Nov 17, 2017
solite3:
God bless the deeper life bible church.
Amen. And all true believers in Christ I J N,
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by UnchangeableGod: 11:06pm On Nov 17, 2017
Seun:

Soul winning brings sinners who would have been eternally damned to have the hope of a blissful eternal life. Soul winning turns friends and servants of Satan to friends of Christ and servants of God. Soul winning enables people who were wasting their resources in harmful lifestyles to start using it profitably. Soul winning turns prodigal children and parents alike to become useful. Soul winning makes people to use their times, talents and treasures to serve their Maker instead of the interests of the archenemy of mankind. Soul winning turns sad homes into peaceful homes. Soul winning reduces corruption and all manner of vices in our society. Soul winning changes a selfish and greedy public officer into a caring and considerate servant of the masses. Soul winning populates the Kingdom of God and depopulates the population of the Kingdom of Satan. If every soul were saved, there would be so much happiness, peace and prosperity in our nation and world! What then is wrong in a lot if lost souls getting saved, becoming members of the local as well as the invisible Church and using their God-given resources for His glory in the Churches? Deeper Life Bible Church and others who are after the genuine salvation of souls should rather be commended. To God be the glory! However, I don't expect everyone to see it this way.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by DangotePikin: 11:07pm On Nov 17, 2017
Seun:

it is clear to me that no matter what pastors do, you will always have an issue with it. You argue on one side today, tomorrow you argue the direct opposite of what you were saying. That shows incoherence.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
Seun:

Focusing on souls that can be converted into tithe-paying members of Deeper Life church will bring in more money on the long run. Smart.

You are saying the exact thing you would have done if you were in their position. To you everything is about money because you don't know the value of a human soul. Threads like this will hardly make front page because it will be counterproductive to what your mission is. smiley

Seun:

Update: Apologies to those who were offended. sad

Apologies accepted. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by enshy: 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2017
Seun:

In the natural, you have acted like a true leader and matured man. Kudos!
But honestly, your apology is to mortal men and who are we to take offence?
Ild rather you give God place in your heart...Repent and submit your talents...You will find life everlasting.
You are a great man on earth...You deserve greatness on the other side...You need Jesus!
May God help you find him. Amen!
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
hahn:

What specific problem facing Nigeria as a nation was solved? undecided

The problem of blindness for instance, spiritual and physical blindness. cool
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 18, 2017
God (Seun) is talking with his subjects (Nairalanders). smiley
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by Rotimik: 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Funny. I thought the Kingdom of God was within you.

Sounds like something a cult would say. Increase in numbers is the mission/objective. The other side needs 'saving, they are evil, they must become like us to be free'.

Of course, why wouldn't it. You've possessed the mind. He is now a 'new creature'. His 'sins' have been forgiving. Now, he must do like the rest of the cult members, sorry, church members before him.

Haahaha. And you believed that?

I will, I am, and I'm loving it.

Ok. Goodluck. Hope your Pastor lets you use the private jet to do that.

People worse than you have wasted their lives in the past opposing God, the Church and his ministers. Where are they today. Many of them have passed on to spend eternity in Hell with the Devil while those they opposed and fought against are now with God in Heaven.

I urge you to repent for your own good.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by Rotimik: 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2017
Daviddson:
Not the entities but the persons. They're both founders; isn't it? You've forgotten Nairaland is just 1 year younger than Facebook and that if Seun had upped his vision, Nairaland should have become a multi million dollar enterprise by now? Nairaland is older than Twitter o. But see what Twitter has grown to become today.

See who is talking.

What have you achieved with your own life.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by hahn(m): 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The problem of blindness for instance, spiritual and physical blindness. cool

Do you know one of the people healed of physical blindness?
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2017
hahn:

Do you know one of the people healed of physical blindness?

Numerous, even those whose case is worse than physical blindness - spiritual blindness.

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by Seun(m): 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2017
enshy:
Soul winning benefits first the object - the convertee cos he has eternity in view second the subject - the converter cos he has eternal rewards
Money is just one of the things we give: We give our time, talent, strength, Life, goals, ambitions, desires.
You give the church all your real things, and in return, you get promises of imaginary things. That’s not a fair deal. Please wake up!

If a church truly believes in eternity, they should give money to their members during this life in exchange for 10% of their members’ “eternal rewards”.

Tithe and Offering is an evidence of a vibrant and sacrificial Christian Life. If God gave His Son, Christ gave His Life, we reciprocate by giving our ALL.
Christ said that the way to give to him is by giving to the needy. If you must give your all to Christ, give it to the needy in your community.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by hahn(m): 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Numerous, even those whose case is worse than physical blindness - spiritual blindness.

Just stick to the physical blindness for now

Give us an example of someone you know that has gotten healed from the crusades
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2017
hahn:

Just stick to the physical blindness for now

Give us an example of someone you know that has gotten healed from the crusades

If I give you 'examples' will you then become a believer? undecided
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by hahn(m): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

If I give you 'examples' will you then become a believer? undecided

I asked you a question. You are supposed to answer first and not reply with a question

Don't they teach you manners in Sunday school? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2017
hahn:

I asked you a question. You are supposed to answer first and not reply with a question

Don't they teach you manners in Sunday school? undecided

I will only answer you on the condition that you will agree to become a believer after I provide the evidence. cool
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by hahn(m): 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I will only answer you on the condition that you will agree to become a believer after I provide the evidence. cool

Let us do it this way then, since your "evidence" might have been compromised why don't you take up the challenge and heal the blind man that lives in my neighbourhood. He is well known and his condition has been the same for years so not only me but everyone who lives in my area will definitely be convinced that your god exists

Since you are a born again Christian I am sure your god can do this through you

Time and place? smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by GoodMuyis(m): 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2017
Seun:

You should have hide your post rather if people find it offensive.

Am a happy Deeper Life member and our focus is not tithing but personal holiness.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by GoodMuyis(m): 6:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
Rotimik:

See who is talking.
What have you achieved with your own life.
You nko! What have you achieved with your own life?
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by bennyann: 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
Seun:

I'm amazed and very disappointed this is coming from you. I use to think intelligent atheists like you deal with facts, reality and proofs and talk along those lines.

The op gave us the difference between deeperlife and other churches and you seem to deviate judging by what you put up there. Even if they make more money, it is meant mainly for winning more souls. Don't twist it! The focus of deeperlife is souls and not money, even the devil is aware of this.

Deeperlife don't even hammer on tithe like that. This is a church that takes all offerings, whether tithe or not, big or small amount in one bag and once . The church is interested in souls living by God's Commandments and not their money. You have to visit deeperlife for even a month, what am I even saying? A month is too long. Visit deeperlife for two weeks or one week and you would notice the difference within a blink of an eye.

They take care of themselves with their own money, feed even outsiders during crusades or retreats.

Up till now, i still don't understand how they're able to care for everyone and sponsor programs when they don't demand for what you never give willingly or normally.

In summary dear sir, Your post isn't meant for deeperlife. undecided

Well apology accepted if you meant it.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by bennyann: 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2017
blessedvisky:

For the sake of brevity, I'll reply you and Seun at the same time.

If you are conversant with Nigerian Crusades, you'll know that most "converts" are usually very poor and possess little or no education at all. You'll hardly see a young man or woman who can at least feed and cloth himself coming out for such. It's very very rare. The ones who dedicate their time and effort to follow up these converts often use their own personal resources without reimbursement from any one.
Now how much tithe can you get from an unemployed man?
How much tithe can you get from an uneducated widow who lives on the goodwill and support of friends and family?

The problem here is that you can never ever reason like a *REAL CHRISTIAN*, a true disciple of Christ. The Christian life is one of sacrifice.
Widows, orphans and poor people have always been supported by the Church right from the book of Acts...

You know seun sounded like the souls are strategically selected after determining the value of their pockets before they're converted.

Seun, just try giving us the dislike button and only then would you understand the value of your first post. It's obvious you wouldn't give us the dislike button grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Somebody Help Out On This ??? / Religion Section Reference Library (sticky) / Govt Bans External Loud Speakers At Religious Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.