Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,419 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. (6330 Views)

Reinhard Bonnke: "We Don’t Collect Offering At Our Crusades" / Reinhard Bonnke's 2017 Crusade Farewell In Lagos, Nigeria (Pictures - Day 1) / Reinhard Bonnke Arrives In Nigeria For The Farewell Crusade In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by sonofthunder: 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
Seun:
Churches aren’t winning souls, by the way. Just taking souls from each other. Virtually all souls 'won' by churches come from other churches.
all? na you conduct the survey?
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by donnie(m): 11:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
Seun:
Churches aren’t winning souls, by the way. Just taking souls from each other. Virtually all souls 'won' by churches come from other churches.

Not really, in fact I prefer to win non church goers. The church goers many times come with much baggage from their religious backgrounds which in many cases make it difficult to accept the pure simple gospel of Jesus Christ.

They're the ones who will argue over doctrines. Those who aren't church goers, when they receive salvation are eager to learn and with humble hearts and minds, they receive everything you have to tell them. As a result, they grow and become effective christians faster because the Word produces results in them faster.

These are the crowds you find in crusades organised by Christ Embassy: Cultists, drug addicts, robbers, etc and the Word is able to clean them up and give them an inheritance in Christ. These are the kind of crowds that followed Jesus. They would not follow the Pharisees.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by Freeze007(m): 12:05am On Nov 22, 2017
*LEADER OLUMBA OLUMBA OBU ANNOUNCED GOD'S BUDGET TO THE WORLD-3/10/1999*
"Every year Government announces their budget but today God want to declare His own BUDGET, and these budgets as override all other budgets in the whole world because the reign of the Holy Spirit has commence.

1. I want to let you know that right now God has stop the existence of Muslim one day you will wake up and ask where are those people that used to wear long garment and where Islamic worshipers, this is because very soon you won’t see them in Nigeria again. No Islamic worship anymore.

2.Today Obasanjo is ruling in Nigeria i want all Nigerians to know that he is not the one ruling but Christ is ruling, as such anyone that want to plan against him is planning against God.

3. Today I want to let you all know that the Capital of Nigeria shall return to Calabar, in Cross River State. And until it is return corruption will never stop in Nigeria this because the Seat of the Federal Capital Territory rightful belongs to Calabar and was corruptibly taken out.

4. Right now i have set up a government in Nigeria that will collect all this money that Governors, Senators, Minister and the rest have looted and take them oversea, that government I have set up shall investigate and bring looters to book, many of them shall be jail.

5. The whole world will use one currency and there will be one government by then there will be no more visa to travel to another country because everyone will unite.

6. I stand in the High heaven to declare Nigeria as the world Power, Nigeria shall be the world power and the white will come to Nigeria to seek for God.

7. Anyone who does not have an account at Mbukpa community Bank I advise you to go and do so because it will just be as a world bank when time comes.

8. My Next Budget is that till eternity, I repeat till eternity Nigeria will Never Separate, but it will continue to be one, Nothing like Biafra it won't be successful, this is because God is physically in Nigeria, the Holy Spirit is here so Nigeria won't divide.

9. I still want to repeat this that there will be no more successful coup, no more war in Nigeria, the only thing you will see from now on is police action.

10. Finally i made this statement before in 1991 and am repeating it again a Black Man shall Rule America.
That is God's Budget and until they come to pass heaven and earth shall never pass away.

THANK YOU FATHER
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47am On Nov 24, 2017
hahn:

Let us do it this way then, since your "evidence" might have been compromised why don't you take up the challenge and heal the blind man that lives in my neighbourhood. He is well known and his condition has been the same for years so not only me but everyone who lives in my area will definitely be convinced that your god exists

Since you are a born again Christian I am sure your god can do this through you

Time and place? smiley

My terms and conditions remain the same. Would you become a believer? undecided
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2017
blessedvisky:

Coming from you, this is rather appalling

Appalling indeed. cool
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by bennyann: 7:42pm On Nov 24, 2017
GoodMuyis:

I love the Joke, make you scare Nairaland small
grin grin
Bro don't treat me like this now cheesy
The day they'll catch me ehn? lipsrsealed
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by bennyann: 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
Daviddson:
Thanks sis; I'm doing great. How are you too?

Thanks again. Message gotten.

I'm taking one day at a time dear brother. Thank you.

And thanks for your understanding smiley

1 Like

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
for idiots who claim the church is not winning souls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by bennyann: 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
Seun:

Do you have to be active in your church to be a Christian?
No please! The mistake was from my statement and I'm sorry about that. Anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior, and follow His Commandments is.

People attend crusades for miracles. They respond to altar calls because they feel that they have sinned (who hasn’t?) and want to ensure that their sins won’t block their access to miracles. Responding to an altar call is considered as the best guarantee that you are fully forgiven. Most of those people are just Christians feeling guilty.

Yes ooo, all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God but thank God, that changes when we behold ourselves in God's mirror.

The bolded is a best guarantee to who? To oneself or to others? Forgiveness has always been within arm's reach. Well, you called it a consideration.

I believe this because in spite of the frequent well-funded outreaches of the rich tithe-collecting churches, there is no evidence that the percentage of Christians in the country is increasing or that the percentage of Muslims and atheists is dropping.

If anyone here has ever heard of an atheist, a Muslim or those from any other religion, who are converts to Christianity due to an outreach, then it negates your believe in a way. Besides, you can't tell me the percentages of those you mentioned are constant. I feel you want to say Christians are decreasing in number grin I'm pretty sure kingebukasblog can give you the evidence you don't have grin

You mean I should make pro-church comments too? I guess I support the building of universities by churches.
grin

Sorry, I sometimes forget that facts I take for granted may sound shocking to people who have never had their beliefs challenged. I’ve noticed that the backlash for criticizing deeper life is stronger than the backlash for criticizing Christ Embassy or Synagogue church. undecided

Who can show me a man without one challenge or the other...? Did you say never had their beliefs challenged?

This last statement of yours is just so funny to me. Any christian who hasn't faced a challenge yet against his beliefs shouldn't be bold enough to call himself a Christian.

If you're referring to someone like me, I've faced challenges. Even right now I'm being tempted to give an atheist a chance in my love life because I'm coming to a conclusion that brothers I'VE MET who spend their entire time busy with church activities more than any other, making them seem like the main God fearing men,...... They just don't seem to know how to love a woman or so I think. And I'm beginning to wonder if nothing within them tells them when they're hurting those they claim they love because they seem not to know when they're hurting another. The funny thing is they enjoy all the love and care they get from you and want more of it. It just doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, that's the latest challenge and I'm hoping not to really fall for that temptation.

(my fellow Christians please bear with me for the above)

AAbout deeper life and christ embassy, I would try not to talk much grin. But maybe the latter is so used to excessive criticism or the head of the former is so careful living a life that normally wouldn't call for unnecessary criticisms. lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by bennyann: 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I think he's entirely correct, you might have your reservations with the word "Stealing" but you have to agree that if by any chance we ask for the religious affiliation of the attendees of this Bonkke crusade we'll see that the overwhelming majority would be Christians already, so the question now boils down to "Is a soul won when a Christ Embassy member becomes a deeper life member?"
Most/all deeper lifers would answer an emphatic yes to that while CE members would disagree

Dear, though I get you but it's impossible for him to be entirely correct in this case.

Crusades like that are meant for Christians to invite others especially those that aren't Christians..
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by bennyann: 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
Emmanystone:

Preaching to the Choir. You give something to get something remember?9 I'm confident that he gave something to get this forum. He is fighting too hard and paying boys to disparage God, its not for nothing. Time shall tell.

Hmmmm.

But this is where some will ask for evidence you know. May God see us through.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by hopefulLandlord: 7:25am On Nov 25, 2017
bennyann:

If you're referring to someone like me, I've faced challenges. Even right now I'm being tempted to give an atheist a chance in my love life because I'm coming to a conclusion that brothers I'VE MET who spend their entire time busy with church activities more than any other, making them seem like the main God fearing men,...... They just don't seem to know how to love a woman or so I think. And I'm beginning to wonder if nothing within them tells them when they're hurting those they claim they love because they seem not to know when they're hurting another. The funny thing is they enjoy all the love and care they get from you and want more of it. It just doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, that's the latest challenge and I'm hoping not to really fall for that temptation.
Zombies in horror comedy movies are known for screaming "Brains! Brains!! Brains!!!"

I'm now a zombie but I'm screaming "The thread! The thread!! The thread!!!"

CC: Ranchhoddas
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by GoodMuyis(m): 9:02pm On Nov 25, 2017
bennyann:
grin grin Bro don't treat me like this now cheesy The day they'll catch me ehn? lipsrsealed
Remind me to PM you by mid 2018, Of Jesus tarries
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2017
AfroSamurai:

Just like you do, sending nonsense threads to front page to draw more traffic and encouraging foolish trolls to plague the forum with senseless thread makes your bank account smile. Right? grin

Exactly why threads like this would not make it to the front page because it wouldn't make his bank account smile. cheesy
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by bennyann: 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Remind me to PM you by mid 2018, If Jesus tarries
Really ? You've given me work to do o
Mid 2018... That's June, next year shocked
How will I remember if you don't remember now?

Ok, by God's grace, if I remember I will cheesy
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by bennyann: 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Zombies in horror comedy movies are known for screaming "Brains! Brains!! Brains!!!"

I'm now a zombie but I'm screaming "The thread! The thread!! The thread!!!"

CC: Ranchho.ddas

Oh my dear ! I really have to do this then. Please be patient with me.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
blessedvisky:

For the sake of brevity, I'll reply you and Seun at the same time.

If you are conversant with Nigerian Crusades, you'll know that most "converts" are usually very poor and possess little or no education at all. You'll hardly see a young man or woman who can at least feed and cloth himself coming out for such. It's very very rare. The ones who dedicate their time and effort to follow up these converts often use their own personal resources without reimbursement from any one.
Now how much tithe can you get from an unemployed man?
How much tithe can you get from an uneducated widow who lives on the goodwill and support of friends and family?

The problem here is that you can never ever reason like a *REAL CHRISTIAN*, a true disciple of Christ. The Christian life is one of sacrifice.
Widows, orphans and poor people have always been supported by the Church right from the book of Acts...

Good job! cheesy
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by GoodMuyis(m): 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2017
bennyann:
. Really ? You've given me work to do o Mid 2018... That's June, next year shocked How will I remember if you don't remember now?
Ok, by God's grace, if I remember I will cheesy
OK I HAVE SENT IT
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by bennyann: 6:45am On Dec 01, 2017
GoodMuyis:

OK I HAVE SENT IT
Ok
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

That you are even asking this shows the sorry state Christianity is in today. It's all about money. Let's not pretend you give a damn or care about any of those 'poor' people. They are just numbers to you.

Hope you will follow them up after the program is over.

In other words, thinking like a slave and offering yourself as dumb sheep should be encouraged. Well done, I prefer to think properly. Christian thinking is generally not at all productive. I hear y'all are trying to crack some tithe codes Yahweh handed to Moses in some wilderness in faraway Asia. And you call yourselves wise?

What has tithes got to do with you? Do you pay it or do you really care that much for the poor? undecided
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2017
God2man:

I agree with you but one or two other churches also sacrificed valuable time to spend with their families by sleeping in various hostels for the crusade from Wednesday to Sunday without any tangible monetary reward.

Deeper truly left an indelible mark with the way they embraced other churches in their hostels, I mean deeper life hostels, they accommodated other churches in their hostels.

The first day of the crusade, I witnessed about 15 to 20 of big Brt side Deeper life buses, I was told that some of my members came through deeper life buses.

PASTOR Kumuyi has taught me something, he has really left an indelible mark on me.

He is a true man of God.

God bless you for confirming the story and even furnishing us with more details. God will surely reward you for your sacrificial service. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
blessedvisky:

Na wa o. You can't comprehend easily right? I'll help you out. Those who follow up the converts do it genuinely for the sake of the expansion of the Kingdom of God. This expansion takes place through preaching (to unsaved men), teaching ( believers what they ought to know about Christ) and practicing what Christ has commanded.

The Bible let's us know that there is Joy over one sinner that repents than over 99 already righteous people. To some people, those convert might be mere figures, but to those who are faithful stewards, just one convert means much more than money.

The Bible let's us know that we (Christians) are strangers and pilgrims in this present World. We are not of the world.

You can think "properly" all you want, but those whose lives have been touched and transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ will continue to take His message all over the World and continue to do His will.

cc Seun

Well said. smiley
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2017
Smartini:

grin The young man kept promoting the Deeper Life church despite still categorically stating he's not a Deeper Life member... What proof have we that he isn't a Deeper life member or an undercover church marketer? angry

Does he have to be a member of the church before he can say what he observed? undecided
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2017
enshy:

From someone like you, it couldn't be better said.
God and His Church are far ahead!
Haters make us stronger! The more the obstacles, the greater the Strength and Grace.

Well said. Happy new year!
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43am On Apr 24, 2018
Pastor W.F. Kumuyi respectfully requests the pleasure of your presence to watch the online streaming of the inauguration ceremony of the Ultra-Modern Headquarters Church Auditorium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxLqLjwYZLI
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell crusade : A Great Lesson.

The just concluded Reinhard Bonnke's farewell crusade taught me a great lesson that will remain with me all the days of my life on earth.
The preparation for the crusade centered around heads of churches and ministries, officers of the Christian association of Nigeria ( CAN) and the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria ( PFN). Committees were drawn from these groups to cater for accommodation, IT needs, counselling of new converts and transportation.

At the committee level, a number of heads of ministries and churches were particular about the finance, how much will be available to them in cash but the Deeper life church were particular about the souls. I'm not a member of Deeper life but as a top officer I watched on.

Others kept on demanding for money to work but the officials of the Deeper life Church were encouraging the brethren to sacrifice. The Deeper life church supplied about 50,000 counsellors and provided their camp free of charge to any counsellor who may want to sleep over irrespective of the church such may come from. Its like they are well grounded in the spirit of sacrifice.

When the program eventually begun, they were everywhere scouting for souls as others were scouting for financial remuneration.

Immediately the committees were informed that there won't be any money for transportation, many went recumbent but the Deeper life church were spending their personal money and likewise spending themselves. Like I earlier said I'm not a member of the Deeper life church but their commitment in following up converts challenged me and left in me an indelible mark.

They forsook all to ensuring none of the harvest was wasted.

Many of the way people appear and dance and behave is not in line with the Deeper life doctrine but they jettisoned all of that for them to harvest souls. I'm not surprised because their doctrine centers almost exclusively on the rewards after life and it brought for them a great dividend in this crusade.

They never allowed the efforts of the Reinhard Bonnke's ministry go down the drain.

Many of us know too much, talk too much but none is translating to good quality service that will endear to the hearts of the master.

We need to change our attitude towards money as ministers because the love of money is the root of all the evils being witnessed in Nigeria and in the church today.

DEMOLA FAJIMI

I hope all the anti-tithers are taking note. undecided

A Great Lesson.
Re: The Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade: A Great Lesson. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33am On Aug 29, 2019
Reinhard Bonnke's Gospel Farewell Crusade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqafVjFuuBE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Are You Celebrating Christmas? / Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone / What Does It Mean That Our Sins Are Washed Away?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.