Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,842 members, 7,798,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Why Do Nigerians Like Burning Candles? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Like Burning Candles? (12299 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / Stop Treating Nigerians Like Animals, Catholic Church Tells FG / Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Like Burning Candles? by alias64: 1:29pm On Mar 23, 2010

Consistently, satellite images of nighttime earth depict Nigeria, South Africa and Algeria as the most lit up parts of Africa. South Africa and Algeria have electricity and Nigeria does not - as we are told- so the light depicted over Nigeria most come from candles.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Burning Candles? by Pennywise(m): 1:39pm On Mar 23, 2010
I consider it curious that the whole of europe Africa and far east asia are 'all at night' at the same time. Or could it be that allowance was made for time differences before an illustration was made?

Anyhow i think its a fair representation of global electricity usage especially when NEPA is at its best in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Burning Candles? by tundewoods(m): 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2010
Another hybrid of becomrich's syndrome . undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Burning Candles? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2010
lovely picture but why does africa and indeed the whole world have the same time zone.

as for candles- if you see wetin oyibo dey take candles do, you go bow. They've taken creativity to a new level with them.

http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/2008/12/14/creative-and-unusual-candle-designs/
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Burning Candles? by oderemo(m): 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2010
lovely picture but why does africa and indeed the whole world have the same time zone.

grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Burning Candles? by ReachRich(m): 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2010
alias64:

Consistently, satellite images of nighttime earth depict Nigeria, South Africa and Algeria as the most lit up parts of Africa. South Africa and Algeria have electricity and Nigeria does not - as we are told- so the light depicted over Nigeria most come from candles.

Source pls.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Burning Candles? by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2010
No light, No kerosine, and what else would they do?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Burning Candles? by oderemo(m): 8:38pm On Mar 23, 2010
i can actually spot my IKEA mampy candle burning.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Burning Candles? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2010
This is serious,
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like Burning Candles? by davidlight: 7:39am On Jun 09, 2021
This is why the Best Candle Yankee creates a sense of being more in tune with nature, of having a sense of wellbeing and cleanliness where there's no darkness;. For more ideal details about woodwick pop over to these guys.

(1) (Reply)

Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? / Multiple Bomb Blast In Cameroon / Police Plans To Arraign Me In Court On Phony Charges - Omoyele Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.