Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,581 members, 7,781,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 12:35 AM

Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos (72776 Views)

New Photos Of Robert Mugabe, Former President Of Zimbabwe / Zimbabwe Military Takeover Live Updates: Robert Mugabe Under House Arrest / 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by tete7000(m): 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
HAH:
I stand with Mugabe

Say no to military rule, Africa is now matured enough for democracy, as the worst democracy is better than the best military rule.

What is the difference between Mugabe's rule and military rule? Both are autocratic, I see no difference. In a true democratic rule, one man cannot be in power for thirty-four(34) years.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by tete7000(m): 7:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
I stumbled upon this somewhere on the internet and found it interesting:
THE KISS OF THE MARRIED WOMAN THAT EVENTUALLY SCATTERED MUGABE'S KINGDOM. A LESSON FOR ALL MEN.

Ata Ikiddeh

Now, it's difficult to piece together what is going to become of Zimbabwe after now, however history gives us a peek at the key actors in the drama currently playing out.

Now, this is the story you dont't know.

Mugabe the deposed President of Zimbabwe, Constantine Chiwenga the Head of the Zimbabwean Military and Mnangagwa the sacked Vice President of Zimbabwe are all friends, very good friends, they are comrades. The three men were in their 20's when they entered the bushes and took part in the liberation struggle to free Zimbabwe from white rule. Mugabe who was initially the Sect General of ZANU PF, became the head of state, the other two men were equally given plum positions of power and have continued as the 3 musketeers presiding over the destiny of Zimbabwe for 37 years.

Sometime in the 90's - Mugabe, the first musketeer fell in love with his personal secretary who happened to be another man's wife at the time, the lady's name was Grace and she became his mistress. While Mugabe was still married Grace had children for him. In 1996 they became man and wife after the death of Mugabe's first spouse.

But Grace was no ordinary mistress turned wife, she was not ready to take a backseat, she turned herself into Mugabe's political confidant, she used the bed and made her way to the very centre of Zimbabwean politics straining the relationship between Mugabe and his two comrades.

Mnangagwa the 2nd musketeer after many years of loyalty became Mugabe's Vice President in 2014, paving the way for his eventual hold on power should Mugabe retire, resign or die. But Grace had other ideas she wangled her way into ZANU PF's politburo and began her move to take out Mnangagwa and take power from her ailing husband.

In August 2017 Mnangagwa accused certain persons in the party of trying to poison him and made references to Grace. This didn't go down well with Mugabe, how could anyone accuse his beautiful harmless Rose flower. What Mugabe forgot was that boys are allowed to fight but the brotherhood must stay strong and united. In a move that shocked everyone (but didn't shock his beloved Grace) , he removed Mnangagwa from the position of Vice President, Mnangagwa not sure of what Grace will do to him fled to South Africa.

Now, in comes the 3rd musketeer Chiwenga Head of the Zimbabwaean military, a friend and brother of both Mugabe and Mnangagwa, "this is all the fault of one woman", he is probably thinking in his mind, " we were one until this woman came. I trust Mnangagwa to takeover, I don't know this woman; by the way, where was she when we were sleeping in the bushes before the liberation".

Chiwenga sends a warning to Mugabe advising him to put his house in order, the first time he has ever spoken this way to his senior comrade. Thinking Mugabe will take the signal, call him, negotiate and talk things over a cup of tea. NO! Mugabe does the exact opposite, he sends his Minister of Information to tell the Army General to stay out of State matters, Mugabe then finalises plans to sack Chiwenga. The military chief at this point knows his brother and comrade in arms has drunk deep from the strange woman's bosom, it's not him speaking anymore, so he rolls out his tanks early this morning. He's therefore right when he says,"this is not a coup" ; when you really look at it, 3 friends have only fallen out over the ambitions of a woman.

Latest reportś say Mnangagwa the 2nd Musketeer is on his way back from South Africa, i've just seen a report he's been installed interim President. The 1st Musketter Mugabe is under house arrest. The 3rd Musketter is in the saddle promising calm and quick elections. The 3 men have held Zimbabwe under lock and key for 37yrs, this is nothing but a change of baton. Zimbabwe needs a real revolution out of the hands of the veterans of the liberation struggle. In the 21st century Zimbabwe is the frozen out Animal Farm in George Orwells celebrated work.

Meanwhile the woman Grace, who started the whole katakata, I hear has fled the country leaving her beloved husband who sacrificed everything to face an uncertain fate.

16 million Zimbabweans could not remove Mugabe but a woman did.

Mama was always right when she always told me, "son - be careful who you fall in love with and eventually marry".

A lesson to all men.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Kiakia(m): 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2017
HAH:
I stand with Mugabe

Say no to military rule, Africa is now matured enough for democracy, as the worst democracy is better than the best military rule.

What type of democracy allows a President to rule 'forever'? What type of democracy allows a President to sack his Vice without recourse to democratic tenets? What type of democracy is Zimbabwe practicing sef? All in all, there is no democracy in Zimbabwe. Live with that!
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Promismike(m): 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2017
Dongreat:

You are now becoming irritating. Too much of everything is bad. At first it was fun but now you making no sense and despite typing in English, all what I and many see is undiluted gibberish.
It’s good to act funny but tone it down. Worse is you are always among first 3 commenter so I guess you are probably a kid who got loads of time at hand or a jobless youth who is so depressed and frustrated that he/she find solace in acting buffoonery.

I am certain I speak for a lot of Nairalanders and if anyone encourages you to continue then they own see you for your true nature: A depressed clown who has a failed life and find serenity in a faceless forum where no one knows if it’s actually a He, a She or a Hemaphrodite.
I knw you are irked because he mentioned Buhari. cool.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Kingdonik(m): 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2017
Florblu:
He colonized his own people
that's the problem with African Leaders, they are power sock. They muss be force to leave the sit of power. They thought is their Family Inheritance. Comrade Mugabe, Leave in Peace ✌, before the Military turn the country into another Libya.
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Truthbtold2: 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
Dongreat:

You are now becoming irritating. Too much of everything is bad. At first it was fun but now you making no sense and despite typing in English, all what I and many see is undiluted gibberish.
It’s good to act funny but tone it down. Worse is you are always among first 3 commenter so I guess you are probably a kid who got loads of time at hand or a jobless youth who is so depressed and frustrated that he/she find solace in acting buffoonery.

I am certain I speak for a lot of Nairalanders and if anyone encourages you to continue then they own see you for your true nature: A depressed clown who has a failed life and find serenity in a faceless forum where no one knows if it’s actually a He, a She or a Hemaphrodite.
Chisos! cheesy
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Dubby6(m): 7:55pm On Nov 16, 2017
Dongreat:

Oga Abeg speak for urself
U just dey find small attention
I and other nairalanders still enjoy d Nigga
angryangry angry

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by asawanathegreat(m): 7:59pm On Nov 16, 2017
Old man leave power b4 u will die Gadafi
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Redhot111(m): 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2017
Dongreat:

why u give am dis kind uppercut na
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by otil1: 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2017
All these because the guy just expressed his view?

That's too much na.

Is you head painting you?

Dongreat:

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by HAH: 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2017
tete7000:

What is the difference between Mugabe's rule and military rule? Both are autocratic, I see no difference. In a true democratic rule, one man cannot be in power for thirty-four(34) years.
Kiakia:
What type of democracy allows a President to rule 'forever'? What type of democracy allows a President to sack his Vice without recourse to democratic tenets? What type of democracy is Zimbabwe practicing sef? All in all, there is no democracy in Zimbabwe. Live with that!
the Zimbabwe's constitution have no term limits for elected officials, Mugabe always win the election because the poor electorate are with him since he collected valuable farming land from whites and redistributed it to them, the white hitherto owned 80% of arable land in Zimbabwe and they are less than 5% at independence and now only 1% of Zimbabwe are whites.

On the issues of sacking VP, not all democracies are like that of Nigeria or the USA where the president and VP are running mates, in many countries VP are actually appointed like a minister and can be sacked by the president at will

Hope I made some points
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by SmartyPants(m): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
Deo1986:
I support this coup only if a democratic process is going to take place...please our eyes were opened when gaddafi was ousted from power.. Zimbabweans should be contented with the devil they know o .... Just passing by.

Dont pass by, come back here.

this is very lazy intellectual processing from you. What are the similarities between Libya and Zimabwe?
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by 9jja(f): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
Mugabe may have over stayed his time but history has it that he fought the Brits with his last blood. No matter what he is hero and commands respect. But a wise man should know when to give baton to the man. this he failed to do and we are seeing the consequences.

On the other hand give it to the Zimbabwes for maturity. You see as they were discussing? In Nigeria many would have been killed. Shops looted.

Houses burnt, women raped.

Cursed country since 1914
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by SmartyPants(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2017
HAH:
the Zimbabwe's constitution have no term limits for elected officials, Mugabe always win the election because the poor electorate are with him since he collected valuable farming land from whites and redistributed it to them, the white hitherto owned 80% of arable land in Zimbabwe and they are less than 5% at independence and now only 1% of Zimbabwe are whites.

On the issues of sacking VP, not all democracies are like that of Nigeria or the USA where the president and VP are running mates, in many countries VP are actually appointed like a minister and can be sacked by the president at will

Hope I made some points

What you need to understand is that a man can hijack the political process and make or influence the making of laws that suit him. the mere fact that an act is lawful does not make it compliant with the rule of law.
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by LegendaryE(m): 8:13pm On Nov 16, 2017
I just have a feel there has been a BUY OUT here! #AfricaIHailOoO
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Slayer3: 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
♤He better leave the state house in Peace

♤ or in pieces

Like the way you left IamKashyBaby in pieces right grin # savage

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by HAH: 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2017
SmartyPants:

What you need to understand is that a man can hijack the political process and make or influence the making of laws that suit him. the mere fact that an act is lawful does not make it compliant with the rule of law.

Honestly I don't like the way he over stayed but the truth is in every democracy especially in Africa there is incumbency factor my problem is with the west that made Zimbabwe to be in its present situation due to sanctions economically, before the sanctions Zimbabwe was one of the most buoyant economies in Africa that was before years 2000

At independence 80% of Zimbabwe land were in the hands of whites but when Mugabe was to take power he entered into agreement that land need to be redistributed so a moratorium of 20 years was agreed to end by 2000, they thought the time will not come but it came and Mugabe said he will redistribute the land give most to Black's the white were not happy most of them immigrated to uk and they lobbied them to sanction Mugabe and the economy started tumbling.

My problem with the military taking over is why spoil your countries democracy credentials after waiting for 37 years with this man, Mugabe is 93 and already suffering from dementia, just wait a little and he will die
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by tete7000(m): 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2017
HAH:

Hope I made some points

You did just that it doesn't change the fact that Mugabe has been taking his people for a ride for long and that must somehow, someways come to an end one day.
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2017
HAH:
I stand with Mugabe

Na only Mugabe sabi rule abi
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by aspirebig: 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
Who photo epp naa
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by SmartyPants(m): 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2017
HAH:

Honestly I don't like the way he over stayed but the truth is in every democracy especially in Africa there is incumbency factor my problem is with the west that made Zimbabwe to be in its present situation due to sanctions economically, before the sanctions Zimbabwe was one of the most buoyant economies in Africa that was before years 2000

At independence 80% of Zimbabwe land were in the hands of whites but when Mugabe was to take power he entered into agreement that land need to be redistributed so a moratorium of 20 years was agreed to end by 2000, they thought the time will not come but it came and Mugabe said he will redistribute the land give most to Black's the white were not happy most of them immigrated to uk and they lobbied them to sanction Mugabe and the economy started tumbling.

My problem with the military taking over is why spoil your countries democracy credentialsafyer waiting for 37 years with this man, Mugabe is 93 and already suffering from dementia, just wait a little and he will die

The problem is this: Grace Mugabe has her own substantial band of supporters. If she was ever allowed to enter power as Mugabe intended, any conflict to remove her would likely have been far more severe and probably bloody.
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Obec70(m): 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
They should come to Nigeria & place our so called political leaders under house arrest!
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by RoyalBlak007: 8:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
Slayer3:

Like the way you left IamKashyBaby in pieces right grin # savage
grin It was
♤necessary #SavageYou
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by HAH: 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2017
SmartyPants:

The problem is this: Grace Mugabe has her own substantial band of supporters. If she was ever allowed to enter power as Mugabe intended, any conflict to remove her would likely have been far more severe and probably bloody.
you are very right, she is meddiling and power drunk but I believe she can be sidelined politically without the military power, by the way I think that is what is being negotiated now
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Dongreat(m): 8:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
enonche85:

The idiot just want to be quoted. By best way to handle him is to ignore his posts whenever u see them.

Noted.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Deo1986(m): 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
SmartyPants:

Dont pass by, come back here.

this is very lazy intellectual processing from you. What are the similarities between Libya and Zimabwe?
Smartypant, dont command me. But let me give you a bit of enlightenment on Africa. You and other busybodies felt Mugabe has stayed too long in power whereas the average Zimbabwean are not bothered. Ousting Mugabe will elicit drastic change(for the worse)... Let me stop here.
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by FisifunKododada: 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2017
Dongreat:

All these grammar because he said he 'stands with Mugabe?' Haba - what happened to difference of opinion.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Dongreat(m): 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2017
FisifunKododada:

All these grammar because he said he 'stands with Mugabe?' Haba - what happened to difference of opinion.

If you are one enjoy reading news and going through critical opinions then you would agree with me that his acts on Nairaland daily are of a toddler whose toys got wretched by the compound dog.
I know he’s aged and that makes it worse thinking a man/youth can’t act sane for once but choice to gallivant online, occupied by different people; without care weather his/her acts actually portrayed him/her as a circus clown.
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2017
enonche85:

The military is not taking over. They just want him to remove him and install a transition govt that will conduct election for them.

The military has no constitutional right to do that.
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2017
Ishilove:

You sef, to write rubbish no dey taya you?!?
What he wrote is the truth
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Dongreat(m): 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
Promismike:
I knw you are irked because he mentioned Buhari. cool.

Try play another card please as it seems you are out of the joker
Re: Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
tete7000:

You did just that it doesn't change the fact that Mugabe has been taking his people for a ride for long and that must somehow, someways come to an end one day.

It should come to an end constitutionally, not by military show of force.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Russian Tanks Finally Enter Kyiv . Pictures. / Taliban ‘Victory Force’ Parade With US Tanks & Guns( Pix) / Meet Putin's 2 Daughters As US Places Sanctions On Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.