Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,117 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:15 AM

Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems (10301 Views)

. / Now That MTN BIS No Longer Works On PC / Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 6:57pm On Feb 28, 2007
4 win98. Insert ur win98 boothable disk.start wth cdrom on a prompt type E: then press enter . Type. CD WIN98SE then type. SETUP press enter and enter it will scan after scan press escape it will prompt u to use d formal one choose NO then continue ur installation #nb: remove ur cd when restarting then put after loadin
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by woleprof(m): 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2007
Thnks for the info wink wink and for xp?
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 7:17pm On Feb 28, 2007
Xp. Boot frm cdrom insert ur xp software press Enter f8 to agree then R to repair #nb remove cd after restart
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by woleprof(m): 7:18pm On Feb 28, 2007
thnks man
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Slycks(m): 8:25pm On Feb 28, 2007
Sound like a nice topic here,
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by ChieFoH(m): 8:57am On Mar 01, 2007
mukadas thanks for that site meen!!!! and the litttle bit of info, ur da BOM!!!! but as pa increasing the virtual memory of my own system, i don't see any settings option when i right click on my computer on the desktop of my lappy
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by ChieFoH(m): 9:02am On Mar 01, 2007
also wanna know if Golden ray has gotten a solution to the waec direct problem, i reaally wanna the root cause of that issue and how and if it can be solved without the concent of the isp , of which golden ray which kine town be that wey get only one isp
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 9:15am On Mar 01, 2007
Right click on d icon(my computer)select properties and u will see settings there
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by ChieFoH(m): 10:57am On Mar 01, 2007
mukadas sorry if im a pain in the a** undecided but on that drivershq.com they are are asking for money $29:95 i don't know if its just me but i don't pay for anything on the internet apart from internet access when i asked for a place to download the drivers i meant for free smiley could u still be of help
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 11:23am On Mar 01, 2007
For real not 4 free.ok after loading ur pc connect it to d internet then right click on my computer icon then properties hardware device manager right click on the undriven hardware select update driver then choose automatic follow d on screen instruction after dat acuire from internet           xp can drive some driver as well or come to computer village to get d driver from engrs not those cd vendors
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by ChieFoH(m): 11:29am On Mar 01, 2007
thanx man!
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by 1forall: 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2007
Chiefoh have u tried HPs website (hp.com)? theres a drivers & downloads link on the home page.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 8:52pm On Mar 01, 2007
Mintwest.are u using windows 2000 or others .dat is from administrator of netserver#just let me know so dat i will give u a solution
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2007
More questions please
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by 1forall: 8:03am On Mar 04, 2007
Ok mukadas, someone gave me an old Dell Optiplex G1 PC 64Mb RAM and 20Gb running Win XP, she believes in me and I dont want to disappoint. The CD ROM Drive (a generic one bought from Otigba) is connected and opens and closes but it doesnt show up in My Computer. In device manager the cd rom entry has a yellow exclamation mark and it says the driver is either missing or corrupt.
Ive uninstalled and auto re-installed but XP says there was an error installing the hardware.
Ive also installed manually from \windows\system32\drivers folder but it says Windows did not find a better driver than the one already installed.
I checked the driver details and I noticed the driver files are cdrom.sys, redbook.sys and storprop.dll so I copied those files from a new Win XP cd to the PC and tried installing from there, no show.
I also copied/extracted the whole driver.cab folder from a new Win XP CD to the PC via flash disk but same story.
What could be the problem, and what can I do?
Remember the cd rom is not working.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 10:36am On Mar 04, 2007
64mb is too low for winxp but dat is not d issue what u need to do is to reload the system i came accross dat problem last year. i notice dat when i am load from d cdrom and d pc power tripd off,dat is phcn 4 us. i start d pc just to start from where i stopd but d cdrom is nowhere to be found.i tried every possible effort then i repaired d win xp but d cdrom refuse to work until i format the system and load it from the begining
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 1:43pm On Mar 04, 2007
Lets know ur prob
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mcmsat(m): 9:32pm On Mar 05, 2007
I have been following this topic for a while now. Infact you are doing a great job. Don't mind some people who don't like other people to give away solutions for free! Some people really heat it you know, but don't be discouraged. CACTUS guy may not have evil intentions but HIS remarks and statements did not sound good and friendly at all! His first statement at the beginning of this topic is the worst! EVEN a lecturer can learn something from the students! Human learns more from teaching!
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mcmsat(m): 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2007
Mukadas I have been following this topic for a while now. Infact you are doing a great job. Don't mind some people who don't like other people to give away solutions for free! Some people really heat it you know, but don't be discouraged. CACTUS guy may not have evil intentions but HIS remarks and statements did not sound good and friendly at all! His first statement at the beginning of this topic is the worst! EVEN a lecturer can learn something from the students! Human learns more from teaching!
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mcmsat(m): 9:48pm On Mar 05, 2007
Mukadas, Please do you know anywhere I can buy THE GENUINE "WINDOWS XP CD" there at computer Village or elsewhere? I want my system to run on the genuine Operating System, I am tired of these roadside pirated software CD which, though you have the product KEY, still can not pass Windows validation test! Thus, microsoft can not allow you for any of there software upgrades! I want you to answer me here so other people who might be looking for the same thing can be benefited also. But you can still send me a private mail because I will like to know you in person. mcm_sat@yahoo.com
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 12:31am On Mar 06, 2007
Mcm_sat,i really appreciate ur post and i promise dat i will never fail u all. cactus is just testing my ability and even encourage me with is posts and i wish he shows up again.thank u all
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 12:43am On Mar 06, 2007
For dat winxp original software. Just go to Genus @ adepele street.infront of chuks pee.you will get it there . Sealed with manual in d pack . Over #15000
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mcmsat(m): 8:56am On Mar 06, 2007
Mukadas, you are such a valueable guy i this forum! Thank you for your direction. I will go to the computer village to check it out! Thankz again. You know Microsoft directed me one place in Victoria Island And you know how it will be. It must be costiler there though it is gonna be the same genuine product. Thankz.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by gbolex(m): 10:11am On Mar 06, 2007
My problem goes thus; i discover that my Task Manager will not open. Any time I try opening it gives me this message that Task Manager has been disable by the administrator, but I am the administrator. When I Google the problem on the internet, the solution was that it’s either my Task Manager has been disable by the administrator or it’s a spy ware attack. The solution was to go to RUN and type gpedit.msc then open the and template to enable the task manager.
The main problem now is that the RUN on the start menu is not present. So I decided
To use the dos command prompt to open the gpedit.msc. The task manager was not disable in the group policy so I later scan my laptop to detect any spy ware present. The spy ware was found and deleted, my task manager is now working perfectly now.

I am now face with the RUN command that is not present on my start menu
NB I have been using this task manager before almost on daily basis before I discovered I can’t open my Task Manager. (I borrowed a friend my flash driver which I suspect was the one that infected my lappy. Up till now there is a file on my flash that is named new folder but it will freeze the system if you try opening it and when I try deleting the folder it will delete and later if you try viewing the flash the folder will returned back.

HOW CAN I GET MY RUN COMMAND BACK
HOW CAN I DELETE THE FOLDER ON MY FLASH DRIVE BECAUSE I HAVE FORMATTED THE FLASH AND THE FOLDER RETURNS
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2007
u have the worm sohnahad virus.if u attempt to browse, u will find that ur browser has been hijacked.i gave someone thses instructions b4

it does more than that,cause i know the virus.it's also disabled your task manager and folder options.
somewhere on your system, hopefully the desk top,you will probably see a file 'new folder'.it's not a folder, it's an application! its 105 kb .i will attach the instructions from trend Micro for removal of the virus. i was unable to reset my folder options though, no matter how i tried.
also, u need process explorer, which is a fantastic third party task manager
and regtoy.i used regtoy to renable run.you need to do that cause you have to run regedit.
u also ned the .net framework 2.0 to run regtoy.
if you are running mcafee, it will detect that the virus has infected lssass, but it won't b able 2 do anything.you need process explorer to kill new folder exe process and lssass exe before it can be deleted.
i wish i knew how to restore my folder options, the methods i've tried won't work, Good luck!!!

you can get process explorer from sysinternals.com
you can google regtoy
go to this link
http://de.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/vinfo/encyclopedia.php?LYstr=VMAINDATA&vNav=1&VName=WORM_SOHANAD.AC

it will give u all d info about the virus and how u can remove it.i didn't quite follow their instruction, though.cheers
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by gbolex(m): 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2007
@ oyb thanks so muc i will try to do that now but if it fails to work am going to format my laptop. Too bad. But you yet to tell mii how to remove the new folder on my flash drive
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 06, 2007
once the virus is disabled on your system, format the flash drive and it will b gone!!cheers.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2007
Thanks oyb, but i will just advice him to format d system cos some worms are d great administrator editors which disabling ur system policy. If you enable it for somedays the worms will tamper with another one.like regedit which will not allow you to install or remove any program.please best option is backup> format>reload.but before u can put ur data to d system after reload pls scan it with powerful antivirus to avoid worm
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 9:19pm On Mar 06, 2007
D flash drive? U need avg disk cleaner u will download it frm grusoft then restart ur system press f8 to enter safemode then format ur fdrive with avg disk cleaner
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by talktalk1: 9:48pm On Mar 06, 2007
hi mukadas,
it me again talk talk. i still have that problem about my laptop which i xplain how my sister enterd a bios password. have tried all ma possible best but nothing can be done. what do u advice me to do now cos i fond out that that bios provider is AKITA n i've not heard abou such provider b4. I tried taking the laptop to technicals here in Port Harcourt but nobody seems to do it. what will you have to say? at this point i do.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by 1forall: 1:30am On Mar 07, 2007
mukadas:

i start d pc just to start from where i stopd but d cdrom is nowhere to be found.i tried every possible effort then i repaired d win xp but d cdrom refuse to work until i format the system and load it from the begining
Thanks muka, but how do I do it as the Win XP is on CD and the cd rom is not working. And is there a way i can re-install windows without losing the data?
Thanks.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 9:41am On Mar 07, 2007
1forall,d cdrom will work in dos environment perfectly without any doubt.just goto bios setup then boot from cdrom 1st then press any key to boot from cdrom (d way u use to load ur pc)but one diffêrent step u will leave filès not format

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

What Are The Factors Limiting The Growth Of Internet In Nigeria? / How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity / I Want To Buy A Laptop,any Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.