Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems (10318 Views)

. / Now That MTN BIS No Longer Works On PC / Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Slycks(m): 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2007
Whats the speed of your CDR 52X or less ? and what program do you use in playing the music ?

Maybe i leave the answer for mukadas
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by venus21: 9:58pm On Apr 02, 2007
Well, at first I have to say that I made a mistake in my last message, I wrote VCL instead of CVL. I have corrected it above.

To your questions: I don't know the speed of the CD, they are not copied CDRs, but original music CDs, in this case Becky Enyioma - Can't loose it, Manny Eke - Manny-festation and Gbemileke - Gbemileke. And they have this CVL-inscription. But I don't know if that is the reason why I cannot play them.
I usually use Windows Media Player, but those CDs don't work on my Real Player or Nero Show Time, either.

My drive is called MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-831S.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 03, 2007
the cds may be priotected.
try the following:
hold down shift when inserting the cd.This will prevent any of the instructions from running.
download and install DBpower amp.this app can rip most protected CDs.hope that helps.
finally, if all else fails, try ripping the discs using a linux OS.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2007
talk talk,just come to computer village and check this number out , 12,ola-ayeni street,off medical road,computer village ikeja,my number is 08025380077 , just call me before coming.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by venus21: 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2007
mukadas:

talk talk,just come to computer village and check this number out ,    12,ola-ayeni street,off medical road,computer village ikeja,my number is 08025380077   , just call me before coming.

wink wink wink wink wink
Wait, I will take my flight from Germany to Nigeria  wink wink wink wink
Ahh, I will have to get some money before  wink wink wink wink
Thank you but yesterday I asked my brother to try it. He did not have much time, so he only tried one song of one CD and it worked. When he will have enough time we will see if the others work as well and copy them.

I still don't know what CVL is and why my drive does not accept the CDs.

I just have tried oyb's suggestions and installed the DBpower amp CD ripper. But that did not work either. All my other players like Nero Show time, Real Player, Power DVD are not able to play those CDs, so I think it is not a software problem but a hardware problem of my drive.
But thank you for your answers though.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by woleprof(m): 10:01am On Apr 04, 2007
Helo mukadas

Thanks for u assistance all this while.

Please help me out!

I just finished cloning a system but these problems keep on reoccurring.

First, the system would not boot to window after reading the CDROM drive, IDE 0 and floppy drive respectively as set in the boot option. it only gives the following error:-

Searching for boot record from CDROM, not found
Searching for boot record from IDE 0, OK!
Searching for boot record from Floppy, not found

Disk Error
Press any key to restart

Pressing any key only repeat the error messages. Eventually when it would boot to window after several restarting, the monitor would become blurred in the window environment. One cannot see the icons and other window components, infact, its better to say it BLURRED.

SYSTEM PROFILE:-
PIII, 450, RAM 256
Os - window xp unlimited
HDD size: 20G

incase there any more info let me know please.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by teetopsy(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2007
hey mukadas!! i just opend my internet cafe in KD, 10 Pc wit vsat conection, any suggestion on d best antivirus, and deepfreez aplications, just hint me on how to keep it up at top speed! tnx man!
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by wormedup(m): 1:22pm On Apr 04, 2007
woleprof,
possible cases are :
1. u have a bad motherboard.
2. u have a bad RAM module.
3. u have a bad HDD.
4. bad vga card ( if available)

remove all components connected to the motherboard and power the m/board alone.
i.e, disconnect hdd,fdd,cd-rom and just power with ram and processor.

check to make sure ur IDE cables are working good.
if u have boot record OK from IDE and there's disk read error; u either have a failing HDD or a bad connection to the HDD (that's either a bad IDE cable or a bad connection point at the m/board).
connect hdd and boot to safe mode.

if u r using a vga card, boot to safe mode and remove all driver files for the vga card.

i believe ur system has more than one problem cos, disk read error is an entirely different issue from blurred display.
anyways, try those out first and let's have a feedback on that.

Teetopsy,

if u can lay ur hands on Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition that would be nice (might be on the high side though).
it's a server/client based antivirus package; means u can monitor the status of ur workstations from the server. u only nee to update the sever, the server in turn, updates the workstations.
alternatively, avast! is a nice one too. induvidual updates is required and it has a big plus - u can schedule a boot up DOS based scan cool; very handy .

best of lucks guys cool
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by teetopsy(m): 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2007
tnx man i think i'll just down load avast!! how do i delete files and un do changes to de systems by my customer dey just save files any how and some times change start up page!! very annoying!! how's floor today (computer village?) hope tins ar flowing?
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by woleprof(m): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2007
Thanks worm

I checked my IDE & Power cables and reconnected them - it works. Pressed F8 to select Enable VGA (which also settles the monitor problem). Im sure the monitor's problem could be the fact that i do not use it for the installation of the operating system (Win XP unlimited) which has a high resolution.

Thanks to you once again.

There's a new system i just go now but wana try my might to see if i could beat it before bring it to the experts wink

brb
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by jesuseun1(m): 8:11am On Apr 06, 2007
hello guys,how do i load java on my win xp system,and my win xp cannot open my cisco pass4 sure document,my system tells me d main class cannot be find.pls can anyone help me urgently,i need d pass 4 sure to prepare for ccna.]

i will appreciate ur reply.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by bunmii(f): 8:19am On Apr 06, 2007
you know when you download picture or someone send pics to you but it doesn't come up instead at the top of the picture you get the red cross do u know what i mean? why is that?
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by Slycks(m): 10:58am On Apr 06, 2007
What format does the picture come with and which program do you use to open it

I seems not to understand the red cross of a thing,perhap you didnt download normally
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by dii: 6:09pm On Apr 06, 2007
Hi Mukadas,
thanks for ur help i have another question
i wanted to format my pc but for a reason my pc not wanted to boot
i tried loads of times,  nothing happen im unable to format pc as my
pc not want to boot can u pls tell me why or what i can do? thanks,
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 4:23am On Apr 07, 2007
dii,to format your pc ,get boothable cd then insert it into you cdrom/cdrw/dvdrom or dvdrw whatever then goto setup and boot from cdrom followed by harddisk,if it is winxp you will press any key to boot from cdrom then follow the on screen instruction.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by jesuseun1(m): 7:55am On Apr 07, 2007
hello guys,how do i load java on my win xp system,and my win xp cannot open my cisco pass4 sure document,my system tells me d main class cannot be find.please can anyone help me urgently,i need d pass 4 sure to prepare for ccna.]

i will appreciate your reply.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by dii: 11:14am On Apr 07, 2007
Hi mukadas ,
tnks for ur reply, last time
i used cd of windows xp to boot,
but nothing happen, u mean i
must use another bootable cd?
tnks,
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by sidnazious(m): 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2007
hi everyone, plz i was working on my laptop yesterday with my flash drive, a dell inspiron 1150, when suddenly it stopped copying i just shut the system down and went to sleep, but ever since then nothing i plug into the usb port works, my flash,bluetooth or any usb device, i ve tried downloading drivers, updates and others but no luck. plz tell me what to do so as to resolve the situation and what could possibly be wrong.

please help me i am stuck without usb

thanks am waiting!!!

sidney
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by skipo87(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2007
hi engineer and other nairalanders. thank you for creating this thread which is dedicated to helping us. i also need help concerning my desktop computer. the problem has to do with the usb port and the floppy drive; both aint working well. it seems both the drives have something lyk partial contact. whenever i install a usb device, it says device not working properly. the diskette functions in an off and on fashion cry but now i cant save with my floppy drive anymore; i only view wit it which is not as efficient as it should be. pls engineer and other helpful nairalanders, what do you think the problem is and what do u think i should do to rectify this problem
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 12:45am On Apr 10, 2007
Dii,go to setup and boot from cdrom follow by harddisk then save ur settings,exit and the system will prompt u to press any key to boot from cdrom u will now press d keyboard and the setup will show blue background and start loading setup files
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 12:57am On Apr 10, 2007
May be there is conflict usb controller driver,f8 while booting then select safemode,right click on my computer,properties,hardware then device manager goto usb then uninstall and restart then let d systém seach 4 d hardware
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by delarontus(f): 6:57pm On Apr 10, 2007
mukadas: Please why is it that most flash sticks do not open automatically when you double click on them to view the files. Instead it says what type of file do you want to open the flash with?

I thought it was caused by viruses until i scanned one stick using AVG, Kaspersky, Norton 2007 and Ad-Aware SE and found nothing. But the problem still remains. When you right click the stick you'll see open(o), autoplay, explore(x).
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by skipo87(m): 11:35am On Apr 11, 2007
No replies yetcry . . . . . .". please note that it is nt that the usb and floppy were partially functional. i can check the components of a discket bt nt save to it. same also the usb port has only come alive once after which it immediately went out cry
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by zogo(m): 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2007
what do u think culd be the cause of my pc not entering CMOS setup? this is because i need format my harddrive but i can't go into cmos.
what i did was to take the hard drive to another pc, formatted it there, when i brought it back to that same pc, it refused accepting the hard drive!

N/B: this system has refused 2 hard drives that worked in other systems

please this is has given me sleepless night. culd it be that the board is bad?
please comment
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by zogo(m): 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2007
what do u think culd be the cause of my pc not entering CMOS setup? this is because i need format my harddrive but i can't go into cmos.
what i did was to take the hard drive to another pc, formatted it there, when i brought it back to that same pc, it refused accepting the hard drive!

N/B: this  system has refused 2 hard drives that worked in other systems

please this is has given me sleepless night. culd it be that the board is bad?
please comment
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 1:19pm On Apr 12, 2007
entering cmos  setup 2ru jumper setting or switch .what you need to do is to press delete or press f1 or press f2 or prress f10 or press control s depend on the manufacturer of your pc, i am just summarising all my posts just beecause of my tight schedule but i promise you all that very soon i will devote much of my time to satisfy you,
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2007
skipo,goto setup and check you floppy seek setting and check floppy read and write setting in the setup or check the properties in the windows
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by emeka88(m): 7:58pm On Apr 12, 2007
hello mukadas
greetings,
i feel i should let you know the problems am facing now with my pc.they are.1.i bought a camcorder and after recording with it, i tried to connect it to my pc for editing,though the usb cable i used is not the original one that came with the camera, but it is still compatible,after connecting it to my pc,the pc instead of detecting it, displayed a pop up message which read "windows has encounterd a problem with the usb device connected to the system" and it just refused to recognise the camera connected to it.
i have tried the much i know to correct this but the problem still persists.
the other problem i have has to do with the display of the system.when i watch films or play games with the computer,i usually see a rather blurred image.that is the image is not as clear as it should be.though i have tried to update the video driver,but i dont have the mother board cd anymore.please if you have another alternative to that i would really appreciate it if you let me know.
emeka is my name.
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by webangels(m): 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2007
My guy, which way now? I have a problem with my laptop. I  need an Audio sound drivers or software for Compaq presario V2000 with s/n: CFN6180W5C, product number:v2625TS. Where can i get or download the software? The soun or audio in my laptop is not audible. My laptop has a sound card but when i am playing music, i do not hear the music or sound even if it is an audio cd.
Please help me out. Msg me on yahoo messenger: textmypage  and you can call me on 08039431603 and 08027252468. I will be awaiting your response.
Randy
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 1:33am On Apr 15, 2007
randy,go to www.oldversion.com
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by mukadas(m): 12:38am On Apr 16, 2007
Emeka,u said that d pc is not recognising d device,try another cable,check d gadjet requirement if it support d window u are using, load d device 's software before connecting it to d pc, use another pc to test it and let me get ur feedback on dis troubleshooting before give out any solution
Re: Ask Me Any Question On Pc Problems by diva11(f): 8:07am On Apr 16, 2007
My Dell laptop crashed recently, the screen's bad and the speakers aren't working, do you know anyone that can fi it and for how much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

What Are The Factors Limiting The Growth Of Internet In Nigeria? / I Want To Buy A Laptop,any Help? / Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.