Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS (6177 Views)

Nigerians Paid More For Cooking Gas, Diesel, Kerosene & Petrol In May – NBS / Price Of Cooking Gas, Diesel, Kerosene Increased In October – NBS / PPMC Earns N132bn From Petrol, Kerosene, Diesel Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by Ebisco015: 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2017
The National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, said the average price paid by consumers for Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) increased by 0.1 per cent year-on-year and 1.0 per cent month-on-month in October.

According to a report obtained from the NBS website by the News Agency of Nigeria. NAN, the price of petro increased to N146 in October from N144.5 in September 2017.

The report reviewed states with the highest average price of premium motor spirit (petrol) to include Yobe (N 152.50), Benue (N 150.83) and Ebonyi (N148.57).

It named states with the lowest average price of petro to be Ekiti and Katsina (N143.73), Jigawa (N143.80) and Abuja FCT (N144).

According to the report, the average price for the refilling of a 5kg cylinder for Liquefied Petroleum Gas (Cooking Gas) increased by 24.20 per cent month-on-month and 14.86 per cent year-on-year.

It explained that the price of cooking gas increased to N2,374.07 in October 2017 from N1,911.44 recorded in September 2017.

It said the states with the highest average price for the refilling of a 5kg cylinder for cooking gas were Bauchi and Osun (N2,500.00), Yobe (N2,433.33) and Katsina (N2,412.50).

It said the states with the lowest average price for the refilling of a 5kg cylinder for cooking gas were Taraba and Oyo (N2,200.00), Sokoto and Ebonyi (N2,300.00) and Benue (N2,328.57).

“Similarly, average price for the refilling of a 12.5kg cylinder for cooking gas decreased by -2.60 per cent month-on-month and -3.40 per cent year-on-year to N4, 561.14 in October 2017 from N3, 937.71 in September 2017.

“States with the highest average price for the refilling of a 12.5kg cylinder for cooking gas were Sokoto (N4,766.67), Abia (N4,712.50) and Anambra (N4,692.31).

“Also, states with the lowest average price for the refilling of a 12.5kg cylinder for cooking gas include Nasarawa (N4,359.38), Kano and Bayelsa (N4,400) and Kebbi (N4,420.00).

On National Household kerosene, the report noted that the average price per litre paid by consumers for kerosene also increased in the month under review.

According to the report, National Household Kerosene increased by 3.39 per cent month-on-month and decreased by -6.59 per cent year-on-year to N273.44 in October 2017 from N264.48 in September 2017.

“States with the highest average price per litre of kerosene were Oyo (N324.76), Borno (N323.61) and Rivers (N320.37).

“States with the lowest average price per litre of kerosene were Osun (N233.33), Ondo (N237.50) and Enugu (N237.78).

“Similarly, average price per gallon paid by consumers for National Household Kerosene increased by 6.31 per cent month-on-month and by 8.34 per cent year-on-year to N1,035.12 in October 2017 from N973.72 in September 2017.

The report noted that Adamawa, Benue and Ondo states recorded the highest average price per gallon of kerosene of N1,185.83, N1,175.00 and N1,160.00 respectively.

It also noted the states with the lowest average price per litre of kerosene to include Lagos (N912.11), Sokoto (N918.33) and Anambra (N927.00).

Similarly, the report further said the average price paid by consumers for automotive gas oil (diesel) increased by 9.28 per cent month-on-month and 7.85per cent year-on-year this month.

It stated that the average price for diesel increased to N201.96 in October 2017 from N184.80 in the month of September 2017.

“States with the highest average price of diesel were Jigawa (N222.08), Zamfara (N218.75) and Adamawa (N217.50)

“States with the lowest average price of diesel were Cross River (N190.29), Delta (N190.06) and Borno (N189.69),” the report said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2017/11/nigerians-paid-more-for-petrol-kerosene.html

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by madridguy(m): 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2017
I blame Fashola for not giving us light.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by Nbote(m): 9:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
And yet earlier stats indicated prices were going down... Jus earlier today we were told inflation was dropping... Truth will kip coming out

madridguy:

Ur deaf and dumb don dey clear abi?? U have no ryt to follow d rest reasonable Nigerians to complain ooo, shebi u ppl claim he's working. No worry, by d tym dem clear una doubts finish, dat deaf and dumb would b d least of ur worries. Ogemegi vooooom nanya

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by madridguy(m): 9:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
Go and take your night pills

Nbote:
And yet earlier stats indicated prices were going down... Jus earlier today we were told inflation was dropping... Truth will kip coming out

Ur deaf and dumb don dey clear abi?? No worry,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 17, 2017
grin

Every nairalander both members and guests will agree with me that we are being ruled by vultures. Nothing less!

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by danchuzzy(m): 7:49am On Nov 17, 2017
Nbote:

Ur deaf and dumb don dey clear abi?? No worry,

Ewhoooooo �
Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:49am On Nov 17, 2017
Making Barbecue with our Gas Grill and Charcoal grill used with kerosene has really increased tremendously this past months, but we will always augment and make sure our customers do not pay more than require. We do you right at Manna Barbecue and Grills...

Are you a lover of BARBECUE? If YES, check our signature...
Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by psalmhorah(m): 7:50am On Nov 17, 2017
mtcheew

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by dadavivo: 7:50am On Nov 17, 2017
Buhari is a failure period

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by Lomprico2: 7:52am On Nov 17, 2017
madridguy:

Guy cheesy, your head don dey set o!

Keep it up! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by just2endowed: 7:52am On Nov 17, 2017
But they told us inflation is reducing.
Check my signature for quality PowerBank
Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by yomalex(m): 7:52am On Nov 17, 2017
okay o
Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by thereturnoflucy(m): 7:54am On Nov 17, 2017
The Change is evident....though I won't say Jonathan was the best option back in 2015, but Buhari is no good.

www.leofirms.com
Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by IMASTEX: 7:56am On Nov 17, 2017
Nigerians have been paying heavily for everything
Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by easyfem(m): 7:56am On Nov 17, 2017
I wonder y pple prefer bad news to good news ... I knw some pple will b happy with diz kind of news just bcoz u hate president .... And u need to knw that if buari fail , u fails also ... U better wish the best for the president coz , he wil continue b the president till 2019

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by akeentech(m): 7:56am On Nov 17, 2017
madridguy:

Na only you waka come

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by UnknownT: 7:57am On Nov 17, 2017
Why isn't Delta State listed among the states with the lowest price of 5kg cooking gas? The price has not gone more than 350 per kg for the past few months now and that's less than #2000 per 5kg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by agarawu23(m): 7:58am On Nov 17, 2017
We pay more for our breath sef angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 17, 2017
How is that my business am I a Nigerian?
Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by obryneblaque: 8:00am On Nov 17, 2017
Lomprico2:

You dey scam pipo of tithe abi grin
Am not a pastor! Nigerians left those that corrupt they are fighting innocent. If people pay tithe is not of anyone business. The tight is not from anyone purse. but what about those spending from our father's land purse?
Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by Denko2721987(m): 8:00am On Nov 17, 2017
Nigeria na yeye contri no be today.. U need to see the rate at which people are leaving this country.. A country planted by the river bank yet dieing of thirst.. Shame

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by BruncleZuma: 8:07am On Nov 17, 2017
grin grin grin grin

I buy sweet kerosene if you get holla...
Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by comos: 8:07am On Nov 17, 2017
madridguy:

Exactly,

If Light is available, the price of petrol, diesel, kerosene and gas will not go up

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by Oildichotomy(m): 8:32am On Nov 17, 2017
Detailed statistics will always expose the total averages initially published. Sincerely, I don't understand how someone will be happy that 0.09% drop in inflation helped his pockets if not for sycophancy and zombies who lash on to news such as those to massage their loins.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by madridguy(m): 8:33am On Nov 17, 2017
Have you taken your money pills?

Lomprico2:

Guy cheesy, your head don dey set o!

Keep it up! grin
Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by eph12(m): 8:33am On Nov 17, 2017
easyfem:
I wonder y pple prefer bad news to good news ... I knw some pple will b happy with diz kind of news just bcoz u hate president .... And u need to knw that if buari fail , u fails also ... U better wish the best for the president coz , he wil continue b the president till 2019
The good news is that people's hate or wish CAN'T determine the president policy outcome or lack of. The people can't be blamed for the ineffectiveness of the government
Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by asawanathegreat(m): 8:43am On Nov 17, 2017
Our government bad no be lie. God bless African China.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Paid More For Petrol, Kerosene, Gas In October – NBS by obonujoker(m): 8:45am On Nov 17, 2017
OrestesDante:
grin

Every nairalander both members and guests will agree with me that we are being ruled by vultures. Nothing less!

I am a Yoruba Muslim and I don't agree with you....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

UBA Crosses N1tn Market Capitalisation On NGX / Enough Of I Need Idea Or Money For Investment: Lets Invest Now. / Snail Trading, A Very Lucrative Part-time Business!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.