Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. (1378 Views)

NYSC 2023 Batch B Prospective Corp Members Thread / Do Corp Members Posted To Army Barracks Get Paid? / My Sister Posted To Adamawa State. What Do I Do? Can I Defer It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. by haywhyze(m): 3:34am On Nov 17, 2017
smiley
Re: 2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. by Champella(m): 2:49pm On Nov 17, 2017
haywhyze:
Was devastated to be posted to Adamawa but there's nothing to do than to embrace it at least till after camp. Any other in my shoes should link up, let's communicate. Contact me on 08031961496 or just drop ur digits. I'll create a WhatsApp group and add u up.

Hey! Brother, you don't need to be devastated. I have been posted to Adamawa state as well.

We can create opportunities where none existed in this state. I will be leaving for Adamawa state from Akwa Ibom state.

By the special grace of God, we will get to camp safely, take part in the various activities in there and serve our fatherland successfully.

So, whatever Adamawa state has in store for us, bring it on. I am ready! cool

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. by charlieLegend(m): 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2017
Champella:

Hey! Brother, you don't need to be devastated. I have been posted to Adamawa state as well.

We can create opportunities where none existed in this state. I will be leaving for Adamawa state from Akwa Ibom state.

By the special grace of God, we will get to camp safely, take part in the various activities in there and serve our fatherland successfully.

I would b leaving Adamawa to serve in akwa ibom. wish u guys the best.

fear not, the state is so friendly and has it own fair share of hospitality. savour and bask in it goodies.

I for once really hope that a worst akwa ibom is better than the current atmosphere in Adamawa.

blessing fall on me
Re: 2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. by haywhyze(m): 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2017
Champella:

Best message I've received all day.
Chat me up bro, we've got to lit Adamawa up.
Re: 2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. by Champella(m): 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2017
charlieLegend:

I would b leaving Adamawa to serve in akwa ibom. wish u guys the best.

fear not, the state is so friendly and has it own fair share of hospitality. savour and bask in it goodies.

I for once really hope that a worst akwa ibom is better than the current atmosphere in Adamawa.

blessing fall on me

You are very much welcome to my state. Akwa Ibom is a very peaceful state and her people are very hospitable.

You will not have problems with food as there are very good restaurants and eateries here if you are the type who eats out. Some of our cuisines are but not limited to the following: Afang, Melon, Afere nkong (Vegetable soup), Bitterleaf, Afia efere (White soup), Editan, etc.

In terms of transportation, it is relatively affordable. These are the types of vehicles in use: Bus, taxi, tricycle (fondly called Keke Napep), motorcyle (mostly used in the inner parts of the cities and villages). If you board a tricycle, some short distances go for N30 if you bargain with the driver. If it is farther, then it is N50. Distances farther than that charged at N50 could go for N70 or N100.

With regards to accommodation, it is relatively afforable and definitely cheaper than the three biggest cities in Nigeria (Abuja, Rivers, Lagos). Self-contained appartments could go for about N80,000 - N150,000 per annum depending on the area, facilities, etc.

Being that you are a hausa man, you will feel at home since we have so many Hausas in this state. We patronise them since they sell meats (Suya) in the evenings, very good cobblers, etc. Some of them operate some kiosks by preparing indomie and eggs for sale.

The details above are for the state capital (Uyo) since I am based there. Popular places in Uyo are: International stadium, University of Uyo, Ibom Plaza, Ibom E-library, Ibom Tropicana, Akpan Andem market, etc.

Nearby places to Uyo are: Ibesikpo, Itu, Uruan, Abak. The most popular Local Government Areas in Akwa Ibom are: Uyo, Eket, Ikot Ekpene, etc.

Once again, you are welcome to Akwa "Abasi" Ibom state, the land of promise. cool
Re: 2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. by Champella(m): 11:04pm On Nov 17, 2017
haywhyze:

Best message I've received all day.
Chat me up bro, we've got to lit Adamawa up.

Sadly, I am not on WhatsApp. I am on facebook though. You can use the MTN line on my signature and find me on facebook. The number is unreachable for now until I retrieve the line tomorrow or on Monday.

However, I can be reached through my airtel line as well.
Re: 2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. by Chuksmonika(m): 5:00am On Nov 18, 2017
Champella:

i like the zeal in you bro....u will make it in Adamawa,ur stay there will be peaceful and succesful,u will find favour there,Amen
Re: 2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. by Champella(m): 5:30am On Nov 18, 2017
Chuksmonika:
i like the zeal in you bro....u will make it in Adamawa,ur stay there will be peaceful and succesful,u will find favour there,Amen

Oh! Man, thank you so much. May God bless you. Where have you been posted to?

For guys who play football, please come with your playing kits as well. We have to make that camp very lively.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:35am On Nov 18, 2017
to all corpers, please don't be scared. .I want you to know that Adamawa state is a peaceful and beautiful place to serve. . .the land of beauty as it is called is full of diversity and opportunities. .I serve here during the 2009/2010 batch b stream session and was posted to GAANDA....in Gombi LGA. . .
anyone posted to this state and especially to Gombi area should call me for further advice and directive on how to survive it there and make good use of your 11 months in these great land. .so double up!

thanks!
Re: 2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. by abolore80(m): 11:13am On Nov 18, 2017
if you are traveling on monday from Lagos and wants your medical cert. Between now and monday. Contact asap
Send your name, blood group, and genotype to 08036840986.
medical cert. is from General hospital
Cost 5k
Re: 2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. by NENigeria(m): 10:30pm On Nov 18, 2017
Hello everyone and welcome to Adamawa state in advance.

I'm following this topic and I'd be attending to your questions and concerns as it regards your new state of residence- Adamawa.

Thank you Champella for the quote.

Briefly, i was equally devastated when I found out that I was posted to serve in Adamawa state, I came, did camp, served and I'm still here. The state has become my second home. So, everyone, cheer up, wipe your tears and clean your eyes as you prepare and make your way to Adamawa state - the land of beauty and sunshine.

Adamawa state is one among the states in the northeast that were partly under the control of the Islamic Book Haram terror group but has since been recovered and peace restored all across the state, as such, one needs not to panic security wise.

The weather in most parts of Adamawa state - especially Yola, the state capital is hot but the case is different in some other cities of the state.

The economy of the state is relatively good and cost of goods too is quite affordable

Yola has an intentional airport and light is stable in major parts of the state.

Adamawa is a multilingual, multiculture and religious state with the two major faiths been Islam and Christianity. The people are beautiful, friendly and lovely. Very accommodative.

Camp is located in a conducive environment.

Major languages here are Hausa and Fulani aside from English which is general
Re: 2017 Batch B Prospective Corps Members Posted To Adamawa. by Champella(m): 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2018
Why is this place so quiet? Have you all re-deployed?
If you are still in this state please indicate. cool

(1) (Reply)

Help Me:i Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee / 13 Corp Members Died, 7 Injured In Fatal Motor Accident[graphic Pics, Video] / 2012 Batch B Lagos State Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.