Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate (14599 Views)

Police Placed ₦101M Bounty On Gift David Opara '2Baba' / Rev. Fr. Mathias Opara Kidnapped In Imo / Serial Child Rapist Chukwudi Opara Finally Arrested - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by information1: 9:06am On Nov 17, 2017
In Umueze community, in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State on Wednesday, after the traditional ruler of the community, Eze Opara, allegedly killed a 25-year-old graduate, Uchenna Opara, aka Junior.

A Punch correspondent, who pay a visit to the community in the early hours of Thursday, was told by residents that the incident occurred on around 6.15pm at the community’s primary school playground.

Scores of youths were seen setting the palace ablaze, including destroying the suspect’s Nissan car.

An oil mill belonging to the monarch, which was a stone’s throw from the palace, was not spared, as the enraged youths set it ablaze as well.

The youth leader of the community, Bethel Iwuoha, told PUNCH Metro that while one of the security guards of the monarch, Atuonye Opara, allegedly cocked the pump-action rifle, Eze allegedly pulled the trigger.

Iwuoha said immediately the bullet hit Junior, a 2017 graduate of Library and Information Science of the Imo State University, Owerri, on the chest, the monarch and his security aide hurriedly entered into a car and fled from the scene.

He said Junior was rushed to a police clinic at Amakaohia, where he was confirmed dead.

The youth leader accused Eze of always using his security guards to intimidate indigenes of the community.

According to Iwuoha, trouble started when the youths, who made use of the playground for their football training, protested that the son of the monarch, Temple Opara, could not take over the field with a football team he brought from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, without informing the youths who had been cleaning the pitch for a long time.

He said the prince then gave the youths N10,000, which infuriated the monarch who demanded that the money be handed over to him (Eze).

“While we were training on Wednesday evening, the traditional ruler, who was returning in his car with Atuonye, reversed and headed for the pitch. They both alighted from the car and started shouting at us.

“The monarch said we were challenging his authority in the community. While he was shouting, his security guard went into the car and brought out the pump-action rifle.
“The monarch took the gun and wanted to shoot us, but his personal assistant attempted stopping him. It was in the course of struggling with his PA that a bullet went out and hit Junior on the chest. The traditional ruler, out of fear of attack from the youths, abandoned the gun and fled,” the youth leader said.
At the family compound of the slain graduate, his father, Franklin Opara, a retired customs officer, said it was the monarch that killed his son.
“Junior was supposed to proceed on his National Youth Service Corps programme in March 2017, when he was killed. I was with him a few hours before he went to the field. He was not just my first son, but my first child. I call on the government to give me justice. My son cannot die in vain,” he added.

The state Commissioner of Police, Chris Ezike, in a telephone conversion, told our correspondent that Eze was in police custody, adding that the gun had also been recovered.

He said, “We have moved in to restore normalcy. We are in touch with the community leaders, including the Deputy Governor of the state, Eze Madumere.
“As I speak with you, the Owerri area command has moved in with operatives to ensure there is no more breakdown of law and order in the community. It was the murder that precipitated the arson. It is a case of murder and investigation is ongoing.”

https://informationengine./2017/11/17/police-arrest-imo-monarch-for-allegedly-killing-imsu-graduate/

Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by sarrki(m): 9:07am On Nov 17, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by Evablizin(f): 9:10am On Nov 17, 2017
sad

Good,nobody should be above the law.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by Spanner4(m): 9:21am On Nov 17, 2017
embarassed
worrisdis

No be Naija we dey, d case wil be buried under the carpet
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by RoyalUc(m): 9:28am On Nov 17, 2017
And this is supposed to be a leader angry embarassed

1 Like

Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by skipobenja: 9:36am On Nov 17, 2017
it is terrible, the monarch must pay for his sin

1 Like

Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by orbgoblin: 11:37am On Nov 17, 2017
How come they all answer the same surname? The victim, the culprit, the culprit's security.

6 Likes

Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by nairavsdollars(f): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2017
Charge him to court
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by BruncleZuma: 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2017
After students have gone on rampage
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by NwaAmaikpe: 12:41pm On Nov 17, 2017
shocked

The police is dumb.
Is he the vigilante that killed the student?
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by kingsleefolli(m): 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2017
Don't send him to prison ooo,send him hell straight if found guilty.
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by alfredo4u(m): 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2017
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by PenlsCaP: 12:44pm On Nov 17, 2017
Good
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by byemx06(m): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2017
when God is ready to punish you......he give you power den u mis use the power .........RIP bro
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by mez57: 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2017
Speechless
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by afoltundeseun(m): 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2017
emmywon29:
Kindly view the image below for today's tips
Make the hand wey you take type this comment swell.

Elephantiasis fall on then hand there.

BLOODY SCAMMER

1 Like

Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by ipobarecriminals: 12:55pm On Nov 17, 2017
sad Pathetic! Ipob kee ipob,NO CASE
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2017
cockroach okoroawusa have you seen what you have caused your Eze's are now power drunk killing innocent youths , I won't be surprise if you tag this boy IPOB youth causing disorder ,I won't be surprise if you give this murderous Eze juicy appointment and erect powerful mansions for him at expense of tax payer money, okoroawusa God will never forgive you for this heinous crime against humanity.
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2017
information1:
In Umueze community, in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State on Wednesday, after the traditional ruler of the community, Eze Opara, allegedly killed a 25-year-old graduate, Uchenna Opara, aka Junior.

A Punch correspondent, who pay a visit to the community in the early hours of Thursday, was told by residents that the incident occurred on around 6.15pm at the community’s primary school playground.

Scores of youths were seen setting the palace ablaze, including destroying the suspect’s Nissan car.

An oil mill belonging to the monarch, which was a stone’s throw from the palace, was not spared, as the enraged youths set it ablaze as well.

The youth leader of the community, Bethel Iwuoha, told PUNCH Metro that while one of the security guards of the monarch, Atuonye Opara, allegedly cocked the pump-action rifle, Eze allegedly pulled the trigger.

Iwuoha said immediately the bullet hit Junior, a 2017 graduate of Library and Information Science of the Imo State University, Owerri, on the chest, the monarch and his security aide hurriedly entered into a car and fled from the scene.

He said Junior was rushed to a police clinic at Amakaohia, where he was confirmed dead.

The youth leader accused Eze of always using his security guards to intimidate indigenes of the community.

According to Iwuoha, trouble started when the youths, who made use of the playground for their football training, protested that the son of the monarch, Temple Opara, could not take over the field with a football team he brought from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, without informing the youths who had been cleaning the pitch for a long time.

He said the prince then gave the youths N10,000, which infuriated the monarch who demanded that the money be handed over to him (Eze).

“While we were training on Wednesday evening, the traditional ruler, who was returning in his car with Atuonye, reversed and headed for the pitch. They both alighted from the car and started shouting at us.

“The monarch said we were challenging his authority in the community. While he was shouting, his security guard went into the car and brought out the pump-action rifle.
“The monarch took the gun and wanted to shoot us, but his personal assistant attempted stopping him. It was in the course of struggling with his PA that a bullet went out and hit Junior on the chest. The traditional ruler, out of fear of attack from the youths, abandoned the gun and fled,” the youth leader said.
At the family compound of the slain graduate, his father, Franklin Opara, a retired customs officer, said it was the monarch that killed his son.
“Junior was supposed to proceed on his National Youth Service Corps programme in March 2017, when he was killed. I was with him a few hours before he went to the field. He was not just my first son, but my first child. I call on the government to give me justice. My son cannot die in vain,” he added.

The state Commissioner of Police, Chris Ezike, in a telephone conversion, told our correspondent that Eze was in police custody, adding that the gun had also been recovered.

He said, “We have moved in to restore normalcy. We are in touch with the community leaders, including the Deputy Governor of the state, Eze Madumere.
“As I speak with you, the Owerri area command has moved in with operatives to ensure there is no more breakdown of law and order in the community. It was the murder that precipitated the arson. It is a case of murder and investigation is ongoing.”

https://informationengine./2017/11/17/police-arrest-imo-monarch-for-allegedly-killing-imsu-graduate/

cockroach okoroawusa have you seen what you have caused your Eze's are now power drunk killing innocent youths , I won't be surprise if you tag this boy IPOB youth causing disorder ,I won't be surprise if you give this murderous Eze juicy appointment and erect powerful mansions for him at expense of tax payer money, okoroawusa God will never forgive you for this heinous crime against humanity.
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by pweshboi(m): 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2017
no matter who you are...you shouldn't and can't be above the law
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by nkemdi89(f): 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
The Eze is a man I know very well on personal contact, only God knows what happened, imolites and most people from the east don't have regard for ezes because of the way and manner their staff of office is handed to them. Young man if you come to life again never dare or challenge your seniors in the public.
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by Mbediogu(m): 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2017
orbgoblin:
How come they all answer the same surname? The victim, the culprit, the culprit's security.

Opara is a common name in that part of Igboland. It means the same thing as Shina - Yoruba, Dan Nafara - Hausa, Diokpa - Ika Igbo, Orhii - Tiv, Okpla - Idoma, Kani -Ijaw, etc. It is reserved for first sons. Who can claim to be more Nigerian than me Mbediogu? But Nigerian government dey fall my hand trying to push me into secession. Proudly an Opara Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by linearity: 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2017
Evablizin:
sad

Good,nobody should be above the law.

I doubt if the law will take her due course here...his arrest was for his safety and to placard the rampaging youths that, something us been done.

After calmness returns and the right amount of cash exchanged hands, he will be given safe passage or he will 'escape' from police cell to some 'unknown' and 'untraceable' location.
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by chloride6: 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2017
See as OP murder English grin grin grin
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by updatechange(m): 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2017
I think dem say Oba nor dey go to court..
Re: Eze Opara Arrested Over The Death Of Uchenna Opara, IMSU Graduate by classicfrank4u(m): 1:34pm On Nov 17, 2017
nkemdi89:
The Eze is a man I know very well on personal contact, only God knows what happened, imolites and most people from the east don't have regard for ezes because of the way and manner their staff of office is handed to them. Young man if you come to life again never dare or challenge your seniors in the public.
May such tragedy befall you idiot

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Father Of Two Arrested For Raping 13-year-old Hawker / Kwara Police Arrest Suspected Human Trafficker, Rescue 41 Children (Photo) / Court Jails Cashier Five Years For Defrauding Employer N64.4 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.